Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer (35795 Views)

UK University Admission, 5 Mistakes That'll Make You Lose Your Admission Offer / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / UTME Candidate Rejects Admission Offer To Study Civil Eng. In Unilorin(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by nasirujj(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.

I say you go for the admission, because 50% of the airforce NCO are there because they don't have who will sponsor them in high institution that's why they go through recruit. With your degree if you apply for commission you will have almost ten ranks behind you, forget those telling you that you can further your education cos it's not as easy as it looks, is just like doing change of course from microbiology to mbbs in the uni. D chances are very low.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by talkme(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

Excuse me, do you know if HND holders can be commissioned?? Are they placed on the same level as degree holders??

you can use your HND apply for Officer commission while in the AF, but wont be possible in the AF EXCEPT after some years in the service by then you have passed the required age
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Boyooosa(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
NAF all the way...

Just tell your mum to pray that untimely death be averted.
Always pay her good for such assignment every month.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
JubiOmeiza:

65k for Airforce...while Navy is 70k.
Now with minimum wage set to begin
u can imagine how fat ur salary will be.
Rubbish my brother has just spent 2 years plus in Nigerian Air Force but his salary is above 100k plus. It depends on the section you are serving.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Dan18(m): 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.

my brother, I'd advice you to follow up the admission if it's a good and lucrative course, because you don't know what you'll meet when you start working with NAF.

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by TheManOfTheYear: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
Manuel69:

See how you choose to pass sense but just ended up posting gibberish. 42k not money, its toilet paper
42k na person breakfast money.

Get rid of that poverty mentality and aim higher like he told you. What will a salary of 42 or 55k (or whatever) do for a bachelor let alone a family man?

If not for how shitty the country is, where everyone now sees the military as a potential last resort to escape joblessness. Please don't limit yourself in life
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
Benekruku:

Sorry if I may ask, which course is lucrative in Nigeria.
Human Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical laboratory science, Radiography, Optometry, Psychology, computer, mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, Law, Accounting, Business Administration, Sociology, Agriculture(a little bit), Journalism. Though they are lucrative courses, but anyone graduate in any of this courses with 2nd class lower or 3rd class might not find it easy in the Labour market, unless he knows 'somebody' or through God, he luckily got a very good job offer

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by EazyMoh(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nurrex:
Every 4-5 years that the Lucky and hardworking ones are being promoted, about 12k is being added to their salaries. It would take upto 2O-24 years for the lucky ones or hardworking ones to be paid the same as a Commissioned officer
Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking it was an NDA admission. Which in itself is like a degree admission.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by eneyoduke(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
I see a lot of peeps advising you to chose being an airman than getting an adequate education. After serving 25yrs as an airforce recruit, a newly commissioned officer with a degree certificate will still rank above you. I don't know why people have this primitive mentality of grabbing anything that comes their way because the cowards are afraid of tomorrow. If you are above 23yrs, you can enroll into the airforce, if not, enroll into the school and get educated. Education is not just about getting work; it sets you up and equips you for the life journey ahead.

Just know that if you enroll into airforce now, their is a limit to what you can achieve in the future. your promotion is capped at a certain limit. With an adequate education, you can soar higher than what you are dreaming of right now. Don't be myopic.

This should be his final decision so that he won't come and tell us something else later, because taking such job with low qualification you are not just different from my security at my gate. (Forward never and Backward never) just like a rock no movement.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by deavicky(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
I'm surprise u are considering leaving u school for Nigeria air force recruit. U want die Abi?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by airprinz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
talkme:

Omo if fund dey to go school bro manage achieve am abeg.. You go suffer for the military job oo, na just power dey the matter thats all. After you finish school you fit think am if u still get the zeal to join. Fela no make mistake wen e sai zombie
Zeal go always dey to join when person finish school, but how you wan take join am as country dey harsh like this wen e be say you no get oga at de top? Na that one be the worst. you go soak garri tired to dey drink. bro reason am my own way as well
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by otunbadan(m): 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:

Go and pay the acceptance fee and go for the air force training. You can apply for study leave and God willing it will be approved. You will be earning salary in school but it's not that straight forward o. On joining the military .. Make sure it's what You love because that job can affect soul
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Bbbwings: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2019
madgoat:

See how useless u are? Even 42K, is that one money? Abeg dont be useless in life, aim higher.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Godwin5766(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nurrex:
There are two different sectors, Commissioned those that got employed with their degrees/master Degree, their pay is okay about 160k for Freshers, and the Non-commisioned the one the OP is trying to do, he only needs his SSCE, about (sorry) 55k for Freshers.

The OP should look at the kind of course he got, if its very lucrative, he should forget about Air Force, and be very prayerful. He can still apply for short service of 'Commisioned' after attaining his degree.
He's nt even sure of being recruited.....if its nt a SLOT.... he shud 4get it , cuz na naija we dey, u need long leg
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by deavicky(m): 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
Going and judging by the comments on the first and second page I hereby conclude that 83.28% of Nairaland are jobless.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Bbbwings: 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2019
Rawlings120:
Well you are not right with the salary you mentioned though... but like you said this is a great gamble for the Op... I passed through similar situation.. I joined the Army with my SSCE.. after which i struggled to further my Education and today am a presidential commissioned Officer in the Navy. Still have some of my friends struggling with no Job even after Uni. Now my advise: if the course the Uni offered you is Medicine then go for it otherwise Join the Airforce you won't regret. But if i were you... i would try and find a way to secure my admission until i am fully enlisted into the force... cos it can be dicey at times. And always seek the face of God and i wish the OP the best.
Hmmm..
Bro, I tried joining the navy last year, ..couldn't get past the second stage of screening...
I will still like to try some other time though.. smiley
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by kasim155: 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2019
Please go for d Air force and while u are there look for all means to further ur studies so that u can switch to a commission officer. There is limited jobs in naija so grab d one u have at hand na.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by airprinz(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
nasirujj:

I say you go for the admission, because 50% of the airforce NCO are there because they don't have who will sponsor them in high institution that's why they go through recruit. With your degree if you apply for commission you will have almost ten ranks behind you, forget those telling you that you can further your education cos it's not as easy as it looks, is just like doing change of course from microbiology to mbbs in the uni. D chances are very low.
It pains me to see nlanders on this thread telling people to apply for comission as if it is easy to get in there when you dont know anyone. u guys should remember that this is nigeria and not foreign nation
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by kasim155: 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
deavicky:
Going and judging by the comments on the first and second page I hereby conclude that 83.28% of Nairaland are jobless.

Lol. u are funny. though there is high rate of unemployment in d land n most nairalanders are not left out.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by BarristerAlarig: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
talkme:

you can use your HND apply for Officer commission while in the AF, but wont be possible in the AF EXCEPT after some years in the service by then you have passed the required age

I don't understand.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
Godwin5766:
He's nt even sure of being recruited.....if its nt a SLOT.... he shud 4get it , cuz na naija we dey, u need long leg
Maybe that was then, cuz now many are afraid to join the force self... I also applied for army and I was shortlisted for screening and exam but I didn't go for it after two weeks them still send me message that my files are with them that I shud call for further steps. Someone even said they keep recruiting people whether u are qualified or not cuz there's shortage of boys/girls and they need more members. Three of my friends in army and police self were recruited without any slot or politicians... just keep praying for favour

4 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by godquality: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Simple thing. Go for the recruitment. You can study part time later while working. There's no guarantee that you will get a job after graduation if you decides to go to school and not take the job
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ja4christ: 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
Please go to school. Entering the military as recruit may limit the level u may want to get to. I work with the military as a civilian. If you re not an officer , you are just like a slave OR servant. Get the degree and apply for Direct short service as as respectable professional and graduate
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by MaziOmenuko: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
airprinz:
You for kukuma give am visa make he go study abroad. You know how harsh the economy is presently, why would you advise him to opt for school instead of going for the job? if he's working there, wont he be oportuned to go to school again? Senseless reply

Your level of reasoning leaves a lot to be desired. A harsh economy is the more reason he should seek for the best rather than settle for the worse. Something tells me this would be hard for you to understand so I'll just let you be.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Sam0(m): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
perhaps you are going for SSC in Air force. I have gone for DSSC twice,one in oloje Kwara State and in Kawo in Kaduna State all to no avail .Bros go to school ooo all that na waste of time .atleast u will be rest assured that u have ur certificate at the end than not having nothing.I have wasted money applying and travelling for screening at the end the children of the rich were chosen. Despise the fact that "am" a die hard Buhari supporter.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by lordsterlin(m): 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:

My lil bro is in the NAF. He lives in a flat at the barracks. He has enough time to further his education aside getting his monthly salary. So considering the job situation in the country, I'd advice you to take the job but ultimately the choice is yours entirely. Don't let us sweet mouth you. Hope i made common sense?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by jeph19(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
Congrats bro... Airforce anytime and anyday... You'd still further
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by stagger: 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:

Go to school. Even Air Force recruits are struggling to see how they can go to school because without it, you will be stuck doing guard duty your whole life. Go to school, then go for DSSC and enter as an officer. Take it from someone who knows the system well.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by tunize(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
moscobabs:
Go university, cos being a school cert Air force officer will limit ur promotion.
Really? And who said he cant pick the job and still further?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by tunize(m): 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
Factfinder1:
Go Air Force u fit die for Boko hand and if u go uni u go still die for this life Las Las so just go Air Force and be schooling and working
Hehehehehe...
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by BabbanBura(m): 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
TEYA:

molon23, MaziOmenuko is the voice of reason, listen to him. I can't believe all these guys telling you to join the air force. After joining you will not go to school when you like o, they will approve it for you when they like and that maybe forever. After getting the degree it does not mean you'd be an officer immediately o. That may take forever, as a matter of fact it may never happen. These guys know nothing about the force in Nigeria, don't let them infect you with their pessimism and ignorance of how things work there. Worst part my brother is if after joining you later decide to quit, your resignation must be approved, leaving just like that will be termed mutiny! grin
Many army and air force non commissioned officers you see are degree (even MSC.) Holders, yes I said it! Dem no green confirm them o! Think twice. No use you hand dabaru your life.

Very true Bro

Anyone seeking for advise, go meet the right people, sometimes a public forum like this with ignorant people claiming ITK will just mislead u with over confident, yet wrong advise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.