Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer (35803 Views)

UK University Admission, 5 Mistakes That'll Make You Lose Your Admission Offer / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / UTME Candidate Rejects Admission Offer To Study Civil Eng. In Unilorin(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by xto2020: 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
Airforce recruit is not a guarantee that you will get it, the recruitment is just two weeks you can still go for the recruitment after that you do your registration in school while you wait for final shortlistment and if you succeed you define your admission after training you continue your schooling
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by jerry1234567890(m): 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
Oga or madam u are only call for the exams not the job. Now that ur prayer has been answer by God over the university stuff. I will advice u to continue with the school stuff then,still follow up the airforce stuff and if u are luckyly been finally shortlisted for the job after the final interview which will be held at kaduna. Then u can leave the university stuff. BT my friend think deeply and pray hard for the will of God to be done.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by osram(m): 11:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
JubiOmeiza:

65k for Airforce...while Navy is 70k.
Now with minimum wage set to begin
u can imagine how fat ur salary will be.
like seriously I thought the minimum wage don't apply to the military personnel
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by tunize(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
Education is good that we all know.....life and some decisions are all risk... I'll advice you pick up the job and go back to skool to earn the normal benefit cos the beginning as an ssce holder might not be too rossy as presumed by you.(buh sometimes its fair enough to get ur degree before a job though). U nor talk how old u dey na atleast e for help. If u're within 21-24 try go skool first, but if u deh 30's bros pick the airforce do partime.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
Honestly you are right. Actually this opportunity was given to me by the Nigeria Air Force coach and he called to congratulate me, but I wasn't happy because I have seen alot from them. The coach told me he had this similar opportunity too, he took the job, finished school and today he's still a non commissioned officer. I play basketball excellently, the police wants me too but I want a better life for myself and my family.
TEYA:

molon23, MaziOmenuko is the voice of reason, listen to him. I can't believe all these guys telling you to join the air force. After joining you will not go to school when you like o, they will approve it for you when they like and that maybe forever. After getting the degree it does not mean you'd be an officer immediately o. That may take forever, as a matter of fact it may never happen. These guys know nothing about the force in Nigeria, don't let them infect you with their pessimism and ignorance of how things work there. Worst part my brother is if after joining you later decide to quit, your resignation must be approved, leaving just like that will be termed mutiny! grin
Many army and air force non commissioned officers you see are degree (even MSC.) Holders, yes I said it! Dem no green confirm them o! Think twice. No use you hand dabaru your life.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
What security job?
topfally75:
Please and please go for the Airforce. I am once in the sencerio. I got admitted in UNAD same year I was offered an employment into one of the security services. I went for the security job and now I am proud that I am a graduate after 7years. Also got to be commissioned. Please go for the Airforce. You future is bright there, please do not think twice.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
It's a sure/done deal. I am good at basketball. I was asked to do the screening for documentation.
WASMOG:
NOTE
YOU HAVE ONLY ONLY BEEN SHORTLISTED TO WRITE EXAM THIS IS NOT THE FINAL LIST

AFTER THIS STAGE YOU ARE STILL GOING FOR MEDICAL BEFORE FINAL SELECTION SO DONT PUT ALL YOUR EGG IN ONE ONE BASKET
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
I don't have sponsor. I literally paid my school fees without stress.
oshudu:
Guys if you have sponsor your school go for school
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Ajiswaggs(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
molon23:
It's a sure/done deal. I am good at basketball. I was asked to do the screening for documentation.
Do you have any airforce past questions with you my guy
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2019
I didn't even bother checking my name. The coach called me and told me. It's a special recruitment, I only need to go for the screening for documentation.
seguntijan:

how do you know if you've been recruited, I have a brother expecting the recruitment list
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by molon23(m): 12:10am On Mar 17, 2019
I don't think you need that bro. Air Force exam KS nothing to worry about, just maths, English and current affairs.
Ajiswaggs:
Do you have any airforce past questions with you my guy
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by evil1: 12:21am On Mar 17, 2019
as long as ur papa no be dangote my broda money na ur problem

molon23:
Money is not the issue bro. I work my assignment out to eat, put on nice clothing, pay my rent and still catch some fun.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by ImaIma1(f): 12:27am On Mar 17, 2019
Nurrex:
There are two different sectors, Commissioned those that got employed with their degrees/master Degree, their pay is okay about 160k for Freshers, and the Non-commisioned the one the OP is trying to do, he only needs his SSCE, about (sorry) 55k for Freshers.

The OP should look at the kind of course he got, if its very lucrative, he should forget about Air Force, and be very prayerful. He can still apply for short service of 'Commisioned' after attaining his degree.

Exactly!! The university degree is better because the air force option is recruit. Short service is for someone who already has a university degree.

Op except it is the one that comes with a degree(the equivalent of NDA which is about 4yrs), it's better you go for the university degree.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by ImaIma1(f): 12:30am On Mar 17, 2019
Nurrex:
There are two different sectors, Commissioned those that got employed with their degrees/master Degree, their pay is okay about 160k for Freshers, and the Non-commisioned the one the OP is trying to do, he only needs his SSCE, about (sorry) 55k for Freshers.

The OP should look at the kind of course he got, if its very lucrative, he should forget about Air Force, and be very prayerful. He can still apply for short service of 'Commisioned' after attaining his degree.

Exactly!! The university degree is better because the air force option is recruit. Short service is for someone who already has a university degree.

Op except it is the one that comes with a degree(the equivalent of NDA which is about 4yrs), it's better you go for the university degree
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by omofela85(m): 1:02am On Mar 17, 2019
Nurrex:

ACM aircraft man is not up to 55k
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by abbiboy: 1:56am On Mar 17, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.
Go for the air force job,what is ur purpose of going to school,is it not for the same job.come and thank me let's.
P.S-education is a scam in Nigeria n a waste of time.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by abbiboy: 1:59am On Mar 17, 2019
Nurrex:

University na scam n a big time waster.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by abbiboy: 2:05am On Mar 17, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
I see a lot of peeps advising you to chose being an airman than getting an adequate education. After serving 25yrs as an airforce recruit, a newly commissioned officer with a degree certificate will still rank above you. I don't know why people have this primitive mentality of grabbing anything that comes their way because the cowards are afraid of tomorrow. If you are above 23yrs, you can enroll into the airforce, if not, enroll into the school and get educated. Education is not just about getting work; it sets you up and equips you for the life journey ahead.

Just know that if you enroll into airforce now, their is a limit to what you can achieve in the future. your promotion is capped at a certain limit. With an adequate education, you can soar higher than what you are dreaming of right now. Don't be myopic.

Nigeria education set u up for life journey n equip u,equip u with what,unemployability. Where is this one from self?
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by abbiboy: 2:07am On Mar 17, 2019
baylord101:
I left the military for school, I bliv I deserve better.

May u not regret ur actions, the worst thing that will happen to a man is to regret is actions..I just pity u.who university EPP!
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 17, 2019
Op you should realize the decision is meant for you and you alone.
Bear in mind Some of those advising you will not do what they are suggesting.
Weigh the risks properly.
There are no jobs there are no jobs people still get employed everyday.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by satchinonso(m): 2:55am On Mar 17, 2019
Why won't our graduate be unemployed. When they are dummies. Allowing school to pass through them vis-a-vis passing through school. Some guys at school becomes slay kings wishing for quick money via betninja and yahooplus kings only paths why they are bastards. The girls becomes slay queens practising oloshorism and also fails vis-à-vis as related to slay kings.

My advice is this. If the course is not computer science, doctor, or Science laboratory science or architecture, building, I mean lucrative course that you can really use to empower yourself, bros then sentence yourdelf to odim he that dwells in vahala where there no wahala, only them can you enter Rome and conquer.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by flexyrule(m): 3:14am On Mar 17, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
I see a lot of peeps advising you to chose being an airman than getting an adequate education. After serving 25yrs as an airforce recruit, a newly commissioned officer with a degree certificate will still rank above you. I don't know why people have this primitive mentality of grabbing anything that comes their way because the cowards are afraid of tomorrow. If you are above 23yrs, you can enroll into the airforce, if not, enroll into the school and get educated. Education is not just about getting work; it sets you up and equips you for the life journey ahead.

Just know that if you enroll into airforce now, their is a limit to what you can achieve in the future. your promotion is capped at a certain limit. With an adequate education, you can soar higher than what you are dreaming of right now. Don't be myopic.
One sensible comment at last!
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by citadels(f): 3:32am On Mar 17, 2019
molon23:
Good day house. I have been offered admission into the university and also shortlisted for Nigeria Air Force (recruit)
Please I am really confused on which to pick. I have done registration for my school and I really don't want to miss this opportunity of job. Please your advice and criticism is welcome.
. Defer your admission for two years then get the job later go for ur studies.
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by doctimi(m): 5:33am On Mar 17, 2019
Please go to school. I turned such airman's offer after high school too. Completed my Engineering degree, applied as a short service commisioned officer. I turned that down too as i got a better offer with a top manufacturing company.

With the experience, I was able to leave the country. If I had remained an officer, I won't have been able to leave the country nor have the freedom to pursue other passion and interest. Be hopeful and believe. There will be light at the end of your education. I pray God's light shine on you so you can make the best decision. May fortune smile on you too. Goodluck
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Midastorch(m): 5:37am On Mar 17, 2019
Guy go to school... one guy took me in training school, he spent about 22 years in service to earn the my rank as a graduate.... if you did not go to school, it will pain you in future when boys of your son’s age start giving you orders.....
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by nandyz(m): 5:40am On Mar 17, 2019
Bro, better go to ur university and leave that AIRFORCE alone... Don't start what u will regret
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Midastorch(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2019
molon23:
Honestly you are right. Actually this opportunity was given to me by the Nigeria Air Force coach and he called to congratulate me, but I wasn't happy because I have seen alot from them. The coach told me he had this similar opportunity too, he took the job, finished school and today he's still a non commissioned officer. I play basketball excellently, the police wants me too but I want a better life for myself and my family.

Bro follow the voice of reason, go to school and graduate, get work as a graduate thank me in the next 5 years...
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Mims2016(m): 6:00am On Mar 17, 2019
Truth is for recruits the pay is small and your career progression is limited. You will most likely be a Naval rating until you retire. Go to school bro.

1 Like

Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by QueTeddy: 6:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Baba...
Y cryour chances of getting into the air force after school is so slim Sotey e slim pass broomstick... Enter the force (Dem go treat you well sef), get your degree (know a lot of dudes who are in the force that are currently in 400l n some others doing masters)... Then convert to a commissioned officer!... (Con give testimony later).
Trust me, this Kain offer na once e dey show... cry lost my opportunity too... (Dem wan give me NDA admission, I talk say I no do force.) M graduating soon and my eyes just tear recently... cry
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by baylord101(m): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2019
abbiboy:

May u not regret ur actions, the worst thing that will happen to a man is to regret is actions..I just pity u.who university EPP!

Sorry man, I grad in 2013 & my family r doing fine, I may not drive the latest car in town but I don't think I use a car beyond 1½ years before changing.

So I don't know what u mean by regret probably you should have hail me for taking the bold step, At 55-60yrs as a recruit intake the highest rank I might attain is WO, whereas a boy of 22-27yrs who join as DSSC/SSC/NDA as 2nd Lte will shout on me and say boy come here(at my 55yrs wasted years) you will reach home all alone and cry till the tears flood
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 17, 2019
WASMOG:
am not saying u shouldn't advise him but give him genuine fact stop lies

You can pull out of service at any time u wish

Stop being ignorant. No one pulls out of the military anytime they wish. Your resignation must be approved and one of the criteria is a minimum of 10 years of service or at least 2 tours of duty. Anything other than that is mutiny.
OP have sense .
Re: University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2019
baylord101:

Sorry man, I grad in 2013 & my family r doing fine, I may not drive the latest car in town but I don't think I use a car beyond 1½ years before changing.

So I don't know what u mean by regret probably you should have hail me for taking the bold step, At 55-60yrs as a recruit intake the highest rank I might attain is WO, whereas a boy of 22-27yrs who join as DSSC/SSC/NDA as 2nd Lte will shout on me and say boy come here(at my 55yrs wasted years) you will reach home all alone and cry till the tears flood
Don't mind the guy. Folks will brew their ignorance with arrogance and start spitting anything

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.