Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (28581 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Larryslim(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
divineappo:
Pls there is a 2 bed room flat in the compound where I live, apartment need small repairs, toilet & window, there is light, but no water, they sell water very close to estate gate, and we also get water via next compound for free

If u know anybody that can come take it @140k yearly rent

Agreement #20k

Commission #10k

Total #170k

Once d person pay, within a week, all repairs wil be done

No need for doubts, the two bedroom flat is inside the compound I live also, the compound is fenced with Gate, and its inside an estate, estate has gate. Security is cool

We also have vigilante patrolling every night, no issues
So person go pay 170k, still dey find where to fetch water?
Lmao, Naija which way grin

7 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by trevorhorace(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
From all you've said one can deduce that your best food is shit.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by divineappo(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
Larryslim:
So person go pay 170k, still dey find where to fetch water? Lmao, Naija which way grin
Lol
Na buhari cause am bro
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by trevorhorace(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2019
divineappo:
Pls there is a 2 bed room flat in the compound where I live, apartment need small repairs, toilet & window, there is light, but no water, they sell water very close to estate gate, and we also get water via next compound for free

Agreement #20k

Commission #10k

Total #170k

No need for doubts, the two bedroom flat is inside the compound I live also, the compound is fenced with Gate, and its inside an estate, estate has gate. Security is cool

Locason
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by nams77: 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
[quote author=betterbest post=76724805]

She needs to prove all allegations before this can happen. Thank you anyway [/quote
My brother naija police no know rule of law. Ur first mistake was to renew rent
Get a lawyer to go with you to the station and exit that compound fast. That's a concentration camp if the jews
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Spatta: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
Women cannot handle power, they abuse it, A woman as you Landlady is twice the torment of a wicked Landlord
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by tabithababy(f): 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
alizma:

this had been my rule for some years now but one thing lead to the other and I find myself leaving in the same building. fortunately for me, my landlady no send you. her own na "do your thing make I do my own".

Lucky you cheesy
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by tabithababy(f): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2019
Larryslim:

cheesy

God forbid bad things
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by adebowaleadenaya: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
My landlady is just like yours. I had built my house unknown to her, the last day she tried her stupidity, I got her arrested and she was even the one begging me with the police. The police ask me what I want I said I don't wanna live here anymore, all I want is to refund my balance. I collected my balance same day and finally moved to my new home. You too slow
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by tabithababy(f): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
omoteacher:
shocked shocked shocked

My landlord forced me to join celestial church of Christ, he was very wicked and mean. The very day he saw me in CCC garment marks the beginning of my freedom and respect from him. Midnight also I always pray fire in the word prayers from MFM and battle cry bulletin prayers also from MFM. He and his family gave me my respect and treated me specially till I moved to a more decent area/environment. [/b]Most Lagos landlords/landladies around somolu/Bariga/Akoka axis are very wicked[b]. My point OP please relocate,your peace of mind matters alot.

Very correct sad
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Yankee101: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
Don't ever live in a house where your landlord lives too

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Boss13: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
betterbest:
I got the house through one agent November 2017, a room self contained. When I moved in, I discovered whenever I put on my small tiger Gen, the rest tenants would have light. I approached the landlady beg her to let me connect my own wire sepererately. She was just yelling at me and asked me to move out if I can't cope, she said she'll never allow separate wire in her compound. I couldn't use my generator for several months. August 2018, I bought a bigger generator, that help a little as I was able to use light, the rest tenants still have light but I have no choice. Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound. Though I hardly stay in the house, I traveled a lot.

I renewed my rent November last year. I traveled that same month, when I came back January 2019, I was told the landlady had locked generator house, preventing everybody from using generator, those living upstairs moved their generator up, that's when my nightmare began. I couldn't use Gen I couldn't sleep, whenever people living upstairs powered their generators, I won't be able to sleep, my ears is constantly on fire. I always drenched in my own sweat every night. Meanwhile she's putting on her own Gen from 7pm till the following morning 6am everyday. All the tenants have asked for refund of their money, 1 has moved out already, a neighbor suggested we approach her again and beg her. I told him it's a very bad idea because she won't listen... We approached her anyway, she was just shouting... and told me to get my balance if I can't cope. I called the agent and demanded for my rent (the remaining months).

A neighbor husband was trying to plead with her on the same Gen issue, she disgraced him, calling him an armed robber. Infact we are living in hell in that house. No free movement, she told me to remove my gotv because of the cable.

Friday evening, I couldn't sleep I have my bath and stepped outside to have a fresh air around 7.30- 8p.m when I came back from work. She was about driving out, the security guy open gate for her, I greeted her and she responded. Around 7am I heard her telling the caretaker that I wanted to rob her that what am I doing outside with just towel on at night...we have 2 separate buildings in that compound, hers is behind the tenant own... Very far to the entrance gate. I was shocked to hear such accusation against me, I confronted her, she said instead of her to refund my money that I'm going to spend it in police station that she'll ask the area boys to deal with me, she said if nothing happens to me now that she gives me just 6 months. I left for work around 8.30am my neighbor called to stay away from the house for now that she brought some guys to the compound, telling them that I wanted to rob and rape her lol (70) years old woman.

I went straight to the police station to report the case around 10am. The police said we should invite her, we got to the house but met her absent.

6pm yesterday, a police called me that my landlady has order my arrest for rape case that I should report to the Area m police station tomorrow 10.am. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Please how best can I handle this case. Thank you

Don’t go to that police station- proceed to a higher command and escalate the case. Don’t sleep in that house
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by americaninja1: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
Larryslim:

pay 800k for two bed room dats not even dat neat here and still buy water 80 naira per keg
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
confidant:
It's the renewing of your rent I'm still trying to understand. You know when they say we Nigerians are used to suffering. It's a very simple choice to make. It's either you want your blood pressure to be normal or bring another story to Nairaland. For me, I would choose the former. Leave!

Na person like am vot3 for buhari.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by uncjay(m): 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2019
I will advise if you have a lawyer you can invite to go with you to the police station is better... Some people are way too wicked from the pit of hell. Your landlady is obviously one of those witches. As soon as you wriggle out of the police case pls find your way out of the building.

Better life is avoid trouble as much as possible.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by mrsage(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
Your land lady has a mental health problem. Most people don't know how to identity such challenges.

Just move out of the house for your own sanity.

Visit Office of the Public defender if you are in Lagos. Do that before you proceed to any police station.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Awesomefred32(m): 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
some landladies and Devil are just like 5 and 6
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by mechanics(m): 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
Oyindidi:
Landlady from hell, that woman na big witch
hahahah, the woman really wicked o.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by don4real18(m): 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2019
Quite funny but I will help you. It's likely you will be detained by the police after all, you know the way they are. Get a lawyer and be the one to sue her to court, she will be required to pay a bail or get remanded in prison before the main trial date. This will get someone like her mad... Extremely mad, since she's witchly grin
On the trial date, the neighbors will gather, to say what she has been doing including what she hasn't done and she will be required to defend herself. She becomes jittery at this stage. Ensure you provide your house agreement which doesn't state that you aren't allowed to make use of a generator or Gotv. Boom. She will break down in tears. Her lawyers plead for settlement out of court then she automatically becomes gentle. At least, until new tenants arrive.
I can give you my account number to credit it for this free advice

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by mechanics(m): 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
Just tell the police officers that it's a lie, and that the woman is trying to frame you up, if you have witness, you can go with one then after the whole issue, you have to pack out from the compound.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by don4real18(m): 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
divineappo:

Agreement #20k

Commission #10k

Total #170k

A house without water... Where is this place?
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Samabu07(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please how best can I handle this case. Thank you[/quote]
Get a good evidence against her. A recorded audio of your conversation with her esp one that has to do with threatening of your life.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by OlawaleBammie: 11:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dis is one of the reasons i hate it wen woman have authority over me in one way or the other and its due to d experience i hav about dem, i dont like dem as my superiors, i dont like dem as my teacher, i dont like dem as my lecturers cus a no go even understand wetin dem dey teach me, even those dat look friendly are stil nightmares to me talkless of landlady BUT I LOVE THEM AS CONFIDANTS AND FRIENDS, IN DAT ASPECT THEY ARE WONDERFUL BEINGS.

But Op u self nawa for you oo, u see house like dat and u stil dey renew ur rent its necessary and imperative u learn ur lesson na, no go pack ur load comot.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Judybash93(m): 12:03am On Mar 19, 2019
betterbest:
I got the house through one agent November 2017, a room self contained. When I moved in, I discovered whenever I put on my small tiger Gen, the rest tenants would have light. I approached the landlady beg her to let me connect my own wire sepererately. She was just yelling at me and asked me to move out if I can't cope, she said she'll never allow separate wire in her compound. I couldn't use my generator for several months. August 2018, I bought a bigger generator, that help a little as I was able to use light, the rest tenants still have light but I have no choice. Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound. Though I hardly stay in the house, I traveled a lot.

I renewed my rent November last year. I traveled that same month, when I came back January 2019, I was told the landlady had locked generator house, preventing everybody from using generator, those living upstairs moved their generator up, that's when my nightmare began. I couldn't use Gen I couldn't sleep, whenever people living upstairs powered their generators, I won't be able to sleep, my ears is constantly on fire. I always drenched in my own sweat every night. Meanwhile she's putting on her own Gen from 7pm till the following morning 6am everyday. All the tenants have asked for refund of their money, 1 has moved out already, a neighbor suggested we approach her again and beg her. I told him it's a very bad idea because she won't listen... We approached her anyway, she was just shouting... and told me to get my balance if I can't cope. I called the agent and demanded for my rent (the remaining months).

A neighbor husband was trying to plead with her on the same Gen issue, she disgraced him, calling him an armed robber. Infact we are living in hell in that house. No free movement, she told me to remove my gotv because of the cable.

Friday evening, I couldn't sleep I have my bath and stepped outside to have a fresh air around 7.30- 8p.m when I came back from work. She was about driving out, the security guy open gate for her, I greeted her and she responded. Around 7am I heard her telling the caretaker that I wanted to rob her that what am I doing outside with just towel on at night...we have 2 separate buildings in that compound, hers is behind the tenant own... Very far to the entrance gate. I was shocked to hear such accusation against me, I confronted her, she said instead of her to refund my money that I'm going to spend it in police station that she'll ask the area boys to deal with me, she said if nothing happens to me now that she gives me just 6 months. I left for work around 8.30am my neighbor called to stay away from the house for now that she brought some guys to the compound, telling them that I wanted to rob and rape her lol (70) years old woman.

I went straight to the police station to report the case around 10am. The police said we should invite her, we got to the house but met her absent.

6pm yesterday, a police called me that my landlady has order my arrest for rape case that I should report to the Area m police station tomorrow 10.am. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Get another place man... You're living with psychopath. She might be clinically insane based on the stuffs you've said
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by stuntman007: 12:04am On Mar 19, 2019
betterbest:

it seems I know this house and the woman in narration. is the house somewhere around Ogba Lagos. my brother moved out of one like that early last year. lol
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by divineappo(m): 12:04am On Mar 19, 2019
don4real18:
A house without water... Where is this place?
is it strange to you?
location is Akute, 15mins drive from Ojodu Berger
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 19, 2019
Is dat d only lodge in the town u staying? Guy if na me be u i for don pack tay tay comot for dat house weda she give me my remainin money or not.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by divineappo(m): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2019
tabithababy:

cheesy

God forbid bad things
some of u doing shakara on Nairaland, u live in some of the slums area in Lagos

Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Emmyk(m): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2019
Op are you okay?
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by divineappo(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2019
americaninja1:
pay 800k for two bed room dats not even dat neat here and still buy water 80 naira per keg
where is that?
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by SeriouslySense(m): 12:44am On Mar 19, 2019
leave as soon as you can, it's not worth the sweat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Help On The Type Of Ceiling Board To Use / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo / Two Storey Building Collapses In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.