Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (28959 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by stuffs4me(m): 11:27am On Mar 19, 2019
betterbest:

She needs to prove all allegations before this can happen. Thank you anyway

You have to be the dumbest person on earth. Leave the house for the sake of your life. Your landlady is a demented person you are here blowing big big grammar
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Skookum(m): 11:57am On Mar 19, 2019
I beg update us what now came out of the police case.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by macuno88(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
I understand perfectly what OP is going through..I have been in that spot recently..my own Landlady is a terror even to her own children..I won't call her an extortionist to her face but that is exactly what she is..imagine asking a tenant to pay you money monthly for water, security and waste disposal and the security guys charge 1k (same amount she collects from each of us)per compound, waste disposal agents don't even come around in months..the most recent act was to ask the tenants to pay light bill to her monthly for their own prepaid meter o..I bluntly refused that rubbish because she may soon ask us to pay her for our own cable TV subscription or even Phone credit recharges..she asked me to pack out in one week but l also calmly told her I will move out in a month's time..meanwhile she had not refunded my rent o..same woman went to report to our pastor that l owesince we attend same church, l was called and l clarified the issues..l had planned to teach her a legal lesson by securing court injunction that will allow me stay there for up to 1 year for free..but for the appeal from my Pastors and the sake of her children whom have been close to me sort of and most importantly my fiance who begged me to let go. ...the truth however is that l have gotten a new and better apartment but just want to make her know that tenants have rights that should be respected..I even heard one former tenant arrested her for daring to lock her out without prior quit notice of at least one month..I must invite her to my house opening ceremony in the near future..
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
alfchye:
This house story looks familiar... it should in one small mini estate in Igando...a blue house very close to the estate gate...Olorunfemi estate.....
The same thing just happened to my friend living upstairs in the building.....

Omg. That's my house

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
alfchye:
This house story looks familiar... it should in one small mini estate in Igando...a blue house very close to the estate gate...Olorunfemi estate.....
The same thing just happened to my friend living upstairs in the building.....

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
stuffs4me:

You have to be the dumbest person on earth. Leave the house for the sake of your life. Your landlady is a demented person you are here blowing big big grammar

Mind ur language young man
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Autophys1: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
Get a Lawyer, go to the Police station with the lawyer. Make a counter accusation of assault.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by stuffs4me(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
betterbest:

Mind ur language young man

What will you do if I don't.

It's only online that sisi guys like you can show muscle. An old woman is terrorizing your measerable life about to destroy your life and you are here giving warnings.

You are a very weak person and people are telling you to move out the house you are here blowing big grammar.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by frozen70(f): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
betterbest:
I got the house through one agent November 2017, a room self contained. When I moved in, I discovered whenever I put on my small tiger Gen, the rest tenants would have light. I approached the landlady beg her to let me connect my own wire sepererately. She was just yelling at me and asked me to move out if I can't cope, she said she'll never allow separate wire in her compound. I couldn't use my generator for several months. August 2018, I bought a bigger generator, that help a little as I was able to use light, the rest tenants still have light but I have no choice. Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound. Though I hardly stay in the house, I traveled a lot.

I renewed my rent November last year. I traveled that same month, when I came back January 2019, I was told the landlady had locked generator house, preventing everybody from using generator, those living upstairs moved their generator up, that's when my nightmare began. I couldn't use Gen I couldn't sleep, whenever people living upstairs powered their generators, I won't be able to sleep, my ears is constantly on fire. I always drenched in my own sweat every night. Meanwhile she's putting on her own Gen from 7pm till the following morning 6am everyday. All the tenants have asked for refund of their money, 1 has moved out already, a neighbor suggested we approach her again and beg her. I told him it's a very bad idea because she won't listen... We approached her anyway, she was just shouting... and told me to get my balance if I can't cope. I called the agent and demanded for my rent (the remaining months).

A neighbor husband was trying to plead with her on the same Gen issue, she disgraced him, calling him an armed robber. Infact we are living in hell in that house. No free movement, she told me to remove my gotv because of the cable.

Friday evening, I couldn't sleep I have my bath and stepped outside to have a fresh air around 7.30- 8p.m when I came back from work. She was about driving out, the security guy open gate for her, I greeted her and she responded. Around 7am I heard her telling the caretaker that I wanted to rob her that what am I doing outside with just towel on at night...we have 2 separate buildings in that compound, hers is behind the tenant own... Very far to the entrance gate. I was shocked to hear such accusation against me, I confronted her, she said instead of her to refund my money that I'm going to spend it in police station that she'll ask the area boys to deal with me, she said if nothing happens to me now that she gives me just 6 months. I left for work around 8.30am my neighbor called to stay away from the house for now that she brought some guys to the compound, telling them that I wanted to rob and rape her lol (70) years old woman.

I went straight to the police station to report the case around 10am. The police said we should invite her, we got to the house but met her absent.

6pm yesterday, a police called me that my landlady has order my arrest for rape case that I should report to the Area m police station tomorrow 10.am. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Please how best can I handle this case. Thank you

Go to the police station, explain to them exactly what you have explained to this forum

Make plans to leave or pack out of that house

One day she will meet someone that will be her match
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by oalandAgents2: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
may be oooooo
betterbest:

Na real from hell
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by oalandAgents2: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
may be oooooo
betterbest:

Na real from hell
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Akanoaaa(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
betterbest:

She's a redeem pastor

Sotan? If you know what am encounter with one stupid Christian lady who goes to church than Bible here you will pity me. Although, am also a Christian (Catholic) but seeing these type of Ladies will makes you think if you are in a wrong religion or not. Their hearts are so evil than people who have never been to church. These days, I don't go to Church again, I always pray to my God at the corner of my room. They are evil pass devil.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Akanoaaa(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
wizzywisdom:

Same thing with mind..... Nigeria Christianity is something else
I swear.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by americaninja1: 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
divineappo:
where is that?
Igbon Efon, Altlantic view
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by samsam2019: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
mignone:

You prolly haven't met Ijebu landlords
I'm Ijebu and almost everyone in my family is a landlord
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Happydave(f): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
The No.1 criteria in looking 4 a house 4 me is,d landlord or landlady does not stay in dsame area.The easiest way to get frustrated is leaving in dsame house wit ur landlord.Pack ur tins and get d hell out of dat house if u want to regain ur sanity.Forfeit d rent and let Karma take care of it.I wish u success so u will build ur own house bro.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Happydave:
The No.1 criteria in looking 4 a house 4 me is,d landlord or landlady does not stay in dsame area.The easiest way to get frustrated is leaving in dsame house wit ur landlord.Pack ur tins and get d hell out of dat house if u want to regain ur sanity.Forfeit d rent and let Karma take care of it.I wish u success so u will build ur own house bro.

Thank you
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by MurphyInc(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
divineappo:
pls give me info of the free law office

The Mediation Office,Agege

Agege Local Government Council, Agege, Lagos Nigeria (opposite Total filling station)
Tel: 01 896 3966
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by MurphyInc(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2019
wizzywisdom:

More info please

Agege Local Government Council, Agege, Lagos Nigeria (opposite Total filling station)
Tel: 01 896 3966
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by greggng: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2019
Can we now assume this matter is dead?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Landlord In Enugu State Locks Court Over Arrears Of Rent / Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) / Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.