Stats: 3,160,359 members, 7,843,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) (28388 Views)

The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende / Gate House Demolition: Shop Owners Seek FG, International Community Intervention / #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Glimpsetv: 7:25pm On May 13
A woman has shared a heartbreaking account of how the house they just purchased in February is being marked for demolition in May. According to the woman, they have only stayed in the house for just 2 months. Sharing the heartbreaking news online with tears, she said, "All the hard work, all the sleepless nights, everything… if you're in Lagos, you know how much properties in Eti-Osa cost. Each time my son sees me crying, he would always ask why I am crying, 'Mummy, you have been crying.' How do I explain to our son? How? What do I tell my children? Please, watch the short video and listen.

This is indeed heartbreaking. What is your take on this? Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7JruiqOLs

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by immortalcrown(m): 7:30pm On May 13
Was the demolition illegal or legal? That's the most important information.

I pity you but I need to know who I should blame in this case.

Why was the house demolished? Don't just tell us that the house was demolished, also tell us what led to the demolition.

Rebuke:
At this point, I can only just pity her. According to her, they just bought the property. The person that sold the property to them is the heartless person here, if he knew the building was illegally erected. We should just pray not to fall victim of this kind of thing.
Will you buy a stolen good and blame the thief when you get arrested? Buyers of illegal structures are the promoters of illegal structures. If there are no such buyers, who will venture into the business of illegal structures?

I honestly don't know why the woman's house was demolished. That's why I ask my questions. But you are illogical here.

ADDED:
Many have quoted me and said that every demolition is illegal. This is not true. I know that the government is corrupt. But don't exaggerate things unnecessarily. I have seen where a town planning authority wanted to pull down an uncompleted structure but the owner used money and political influence to stop the demolition. The building later got demolished a few years after its completion. Do you also know that a crook can get a fake approval for an illegal structure and use the approval to scare junior town planning workers away when those workers attempt to demolish the building? Have you forgotten that, in Nigeria, a criminal can postpone or avert his punishment by putting a phone call to someone in a top government position? Town planning workers can go to a site and get chased away by a call from an army officer or from another oga at the top. But because power is transient, the building can be demolished when the owner's opponent climbs to power. Most of you are ignorant of the reality in Nigeria.

By the way, why do you quote me and sound as if you know exactly why this woman's building was demolished? I ask again, why was the building demolished? I will not take a side until I know why the building was demolished.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Rebuke: 8:06pm On May 13
Chai! This is really painful abeg. Omo, open yhur eyes and do proper investigation when buying properties.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Rebuke: 8:10pm On May 13
immortalcrown:

At this point, I can only just pity her. According to her, they just bought the property. The person that sold the property to them is the heartless person here, if he knew the building was illegally erected. We should just pray not to fall victim of this kind of thing.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:03pm On May 13
She will be alright

She is a woman
She will definitely get help online

If na man come up with same story
Dem go even think say na Skit

One twitter simp will send her 1 million
Just watch and see

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Stevenson20: 9:03pm On May 13
I feel her pain, but on the other hand I don't have any pity for her. Life does not begin and end in Lagos State. With the recent happenings in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole, they've been warned but they don't care.
If you're building houses or buying properties in Lagos, you're doing so at your own risk.
Una go learn it they hard way till you all get sense.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Emmastan291: 9:04pm On May 13
How do people cry with them making video of the crying?

Too Bad and Heartbreaking

The Lagos State Government should compensate for the demolition...
This truly shows that nobody knows tomorrow
“Onye Ma Echi"

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by affable4(m): 9:04pm On May 13
Check house thoroughly before you buy.

The previous owners knew about the demolition, and hurriedly and wickedly sold it off.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Sccarrr: 9:05pm On May 13
Sorry o

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by richard870(m): 9:05pm On May 13
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:05pm On May 13
immortalcrown:
All demolitions are illegal for as long as the seller walks FREE in the street. It's the work of the government to arrest the developer or the seller if the house is not genuinely built.

But in Nigeria, we blame the VICTIM. Pray you don't become one

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:05pm On May 13
Why can't you do proper investigation before buying the property in the first place all this crying won't solve anything. Pele

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:06pm On May 13
Them carry lagos swear for igbo ppl why dem no fit buy house for anywhere except lagos?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Kay25(m): 9:06pm On May 13
The person who sold it knew what was coming just acted smart and left her to face the problem...go and verify when buying properties

28 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Biafrannuke: 9:06pm On May 13
More of you will cry bitter tears. Truth suffers no defeat. No matter how you pretend, truth wins with time and who ever has it will eventually have control over all others no matter how different it was made to look like in the beginning.

Landmark resort guy is considering moving to Akwa Ibom after all the sagacity that lead him to invest in Lagos. All you stupid Igbos mis-investing in Lagos will learn there is no place like home. Let's hope it's not too late.

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by jubrilELsudan: 9:06pm On May 13
SERVES HER RIGHT

SHE HAD EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO INVESTIGATE AND FACT FIND THE HOUSE AT ALAUSA BEFORE BUYING BUT AS A TYPICAL NIGERIAN ONCE YOUR BODY STARTS TO CATCH YOU TO HAVE SOMETHING YOU MUST HAVE IT BY ALL MEANS

YOU CANNOT SLEEP AGAIN BECAUSE YOU MUST HAVE THAT THING BEFORE SOMEBODY ELSE CHANCES YOU TO HAVE IT

THIS WHOLE DEMOLITION BRUHAHA HAVE BEEN GOING ON SINCE LAST YEAR AND THEY HAVE BEEN DEMOLISIONS IN ETI-OSA IN PARTICULAR SINCE LAST YEAR THAT HAS SPARKED OUTCRIES BUT LIKE A TYPICAL NIGERIAN SHE STILL WENT AHEAD TO BUY A HOUSE THERE THIS YEAR BECAUSE SHE CANNOT MISS THAT HOUSE

SERVES HER RIGHT

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by MrHyde: 9:07pm On May 13
This is very sad, the least the government can do is jail those officials who gave approvals.

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by nonhuman(m): 9:07pm On May 13
You so cheap house and bought when you are hearing about demolition in Lagos especially that area

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Micpay(m): 9:07pm On May 13
Ha
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by greenermodels: 9:08pm On May 13
It takes extreme mumuness to buy or build a house in Lagos today, I'll rather manage a container or trailer home.

16 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by LOVEGINO(m): 9:08pm On May 13
Rebuke:

God bless u.

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by iCauseTrouble: 9:08pm On May 13
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by tiswell(m): 9:09pm On May 13
IGBOs think home.

You are usually the target!

16 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:09pm On May 13
Kay25:
The person who sold it knew what was coming just acted smart and left her to face the problem...go and verify when buying properties
The person that sold the property to her might be her people knew what was coming

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Creamypie(m): 9:09pm On May 13
So sad maam. The sellers know inappropriate property, but greed will make them hide it from Innocent buyers
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by nonhuman(m): 9:10pm On May 13
Who still buys properties in Lagos these days , they only aim is to make properties cheap in Lagos so that Yorubas can be able to buy and scare igbos from buying properties due to fear

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Putindbutt: 9:10pm On May 13
Who is this one?, abeg park well. mumu tears.

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Notfogotten: 9:10pm On May 13
Stop buying houses in lagos. In fact start selling the ones you have already.

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by gabbasin(m): 9:10pm On May 13
If you are buying land or property situated in a swampy area or near a canal, kindly do your due diligence and if you are in doubt just don't buy. Most developers and realtors in Lagos are crooks. I really feel for those whose house have been demolished or marked for demolition. Investing ones hard earned millions in real estate should entail one to be doubly sure before closing the deal

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by maureensylvia(f): 9:10pm On May 13
It’s a sad one

Makes me wonder, what happened to due diligence?

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by GreatBold: 9:10pm On May 13
Omo, feel for her
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Melagros(m): 9:10pm On May 13
COMRADES may God deliver us from all forms of wasted efforts
It is too bad

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. / Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Buy Locally Made Metal Security Doors Call 08182481552 For More

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82