Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) (68850 Views)

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Jakumo(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2019
bettercreature:
Its going to happen,its just a matter of when.It's not a parachute.Parachute is under every seat already

No sir, there are NO parachutes under the passenger seats in any commercial airliner. You are referring to LIFE JACKETS, which are there to be used in the event that the aircraft makes a crash landing in water.

That said, some variants of the Airbus series do have an escape hatch located under the the fuselage, that is accessible by the crew, which COULD be made available to passengers, in an emergency, IF they brought their own parachutes. Still, the logistics of cramming hundreds of people out one small exit, would be a nightmare, to put it mildly.

6 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Abudu2000(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2019
bettercreature:
That is what i was discussing with a friend few days,every seat needs it and i believe its the only solution to all these senseles mass casualties
very funny but ask yourself where you want to jump to? Into the Atlantic Ocean or a desert 100s of miles away from civilization? Bru just have faith, what will be will surely be, may we not be at the right one on the wrong schedule

11 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Jakumo(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2019
Abudu2000:
very funny but ask yourself where you want to jump to? Into the Atlantic Ocean or a desert 100s of miles away from civilization? Bru just have faith, what will be will surely be, may we not be at the right one on the wrong schedule

I will only jump if I am DIRECTLY over beautiful Ajegunle-by-th'-Sea, my spiritual home, where I will be accorded a hero's welcome as my parachute flutters down to the ground.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Kingsteve(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2019
Tundexxy:

What about the Airbus A320 that has double passenger deck?

How will they go about that?
This is what I think will happen in such scenario.
A premium fee will have to be paid for those that will stay close to the roof of the plane.
Just like we have in First class, Business and economy class.
Something has to give...
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by RTSC: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2019
SIRTee15:

Don't u think oyinbo has tried enough...
Oyinbo can't make everything....
And it's like they getting tired....
Other race should step up especially Africans....

Why don't we Africans make the head start in this innovation of parachute ejection....
We have both the human and natural resources....
Let's challenge ourself to do something daring....
We can encourage our universities, engineers and bright mind to look in this direction of technology....
As well as other new technology that are in their early infancy.....
The above is much better than playing catch up in technologies that are already way advanced.....
Your education in africa is too shitty.
Most of these designs came from MIT and caltech.
Your best minds are in america.

Stanford just picked up its own share of Nigeria best minds through the Knight-mckinssey scholarships this year and other american schools have done the same.
These initiatives are supoorted by the US government.

America absorbs the best minds all over the world to sustain an IQ superiority.

You cannot catch up. If you want to ever dream of catching up, them those minds have to start coming home to contribute maximally just like they did in america.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Frankiss44(m): 11:32am On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:
A year after it's in the market one will crash, that's the sacrifice they'll make to appease the aliens behind invention.

Like it or not, there's no technology made that won't claim human life, even as harmless as your smartphone. Blood sacrificec must be made to appease the demon.

LOL.. Black man go be black man Sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Funkybabee(f): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2019
Evil people, so this is what next abi?
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Triniti(m): 11:36am On Mar 17, 2019
I love Boeing aircraft, but their urge to rival the biggest commercial aircraft, the Airbus A380. Has not worked well for them
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Ishilove: 11:37am On Mar 17, 2019
Tundexxy:

To Australia?

Which one Peace or God is good or Ajumose? grin
Iyare cheesy

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2019
Ishilove:
Iyare cheesy
grin

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by brightleave(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2019
Redoil:
When are we going to get second handed ones to buy
after 30 years sir
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Ishilove: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2019
Jakumo:

I will only jump if I am DIRECTLY over beautiful Ajegunle-by-th'-Sea, my spiritual home, where I will be accorded a hero's welcome as my parachute flutters down to the ground.
Buhahahaha! This made me bray laughter all over the place cheesy

Jakumo, your'e a character cheesy cheesy
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Triniti(m): 11:39am On Mar 17, 2019
pmc01:

So it's Boeing that will also supply pilots to their customers?
Yes, in aviation sector,once a new plane is unveiled, it’s the job of the manufacturer to tutor the end users(airline pilots) the pro and cons of the aircraft.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by bezimo(m): 11:41am On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:
A year after it's in the market one will crash, that's the sacrifice they'll make to appease the aliens behind invention.

Like it or not, there's no technology made that won't claim human life, even as harmless as your smartphone. Blood sacrifice must be made to appease the demon.

Hmmm..why this theory?
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by RTSC: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2019
Jakumo:

No sir, there are NO parachutes under the passenger seats in any commercial airliner. You are referring to LIFE JACKETS, which are there to be used in the event that the aircraft makes a crash landing in water.

That said, some variants of the Airbus series to have an escape hatch located under the the fuselage, that is accessible by the crew, which COULD be made available to passengers, in an emergency, IF they brought their own parachutes. Still, the logistics of cramming hundreds of people out one small exit, would be a nightmare, to put it mildly.
It is just not feasible.
The pressure equalization would kill them when they start banging their heads against the walls of the plane due to the massive speed of descent.

They are civilians too. Not trained for such drastic maneuvers.

4 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Mutemenot(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2019
tiredoflife:
Why can't planes have parachutes for passengers in case of air accident issues

Each passenger is entitled to a parachute but I think Ok and crash happens too fast. I think a total parachutes for the entire plane is what I suggest

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by 2018PROFSUNDAY: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2019
Yes people died more through the advancement of Technologies here we find ourselves. Gun,Bumb,Tear gas,Transportation e.g road,water and air. The more we advance the more people died.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by sonature1: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2019
It seems Boeing isn't following the industry trend.
Have they forgotten about Airbus 308 so soon?
Airlines will chicken out on this aircraft after a while.
Size does not impress anyone these days

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by 2018PROFSUNDAY: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2019
:oYes people died more through the advancement of Technologies here we find ourselves. Gun,Bumb,Tear gas,Transportation e.g road,water and air. The more we advance the more people died. shocked
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2019
As your name implies, you're off point
Offpoint1:

Like it or not, there's no technology made that won't claim human life, even as harmless as your smartphone. Blood sacrifice must be made to appease the demon.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Jakumo(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2019
RTSC:

It is just not feasible.
The pressure equalization would kill them when they start banging their heads against the walls of the plane due to the massive speed of descent.

They are civilians too. Not trained for such drastic maneuvers.

After an emergency descent to below ten thousand feet has been completed, and the flaps used to maintain lift after slowing the aircraft down to an airspeed of less than 200 knots, it is possible for a parachute jumper to make a safe exit and descent to land.

Look at youtube videos of Airbus test pilots conducting flight performance evaluations on newly designed aircraft. All of them are wearing parachutes, and they are trained to slow the plane down, engage the auto-pilot whilst incrementally extending flaps for stability, before depressurizing the cabin to open the hatch, and then finally bailing out into free-fall, in the event of an in-flight emergency that cannot be rectified, and that has doomed the aircraft to crash.

I do happen to agree with you that an untrained civilian can NEVER survive a solo parachute jump, under normal circumstances, talk less of in an emergency situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Ishilove: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2019
lonelydora:

You never hear say i am from Benin. I don't need all that to go abroad. Before you finish buying your ticket, i don reach tey tey
Air Benin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by ONNYX: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2019
skarlett:
Seriously Boeing should put off unveiling anything that even resembles an aircraft for the next one year at least undecided

I couldn't help but respond to your quip!

Simply hilarious.

Your very apt post is indeed 'skarlett'.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by olas24u(f): 11:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Amuocha:
Click like for Airbus
Click share for Boeing
Embrarer is also cool
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by bumzylongs: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Boeing just making money like garri
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 11:53am On Mar 17, 2019
ednut1:
How hard is it to create an ejection mechanism in the planes for the cabin area
Not necessarily hard, but it'll mean that pilots can ditch their responsibility. I heard it was standard practice previously, till they figured it was better if the pilot knew his life too was AF stake.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2019
1st it's a commercial airline with nothing less than 100 people aboard, some first time flier, using a parachute isn't something you learn in 10 minutes, you have to consider altitude, right timing, wind speed, you need gears, oxygen if the need be, some face mask and all
2nd - the time it takes for the plane to attain terminal velocity before crashing is very small less than 6 minutes due to mass and gravity pull, so before you open door, and they start jumping out omo even worse
3rd - pressure equation you can't just open doors in a plane, pressure suction can happen and everyone gets sucked out
4th - it's a commercial airline, they aren't built for jumping off, if you jump any how, the twin jets can suck the person. Even worse
5th - Nigerians would thiff parachute and start selling.

Bottom line just leave the parachutes to the fighter jets because saying why commercial airlines don't have parachutes is like asking why submarines don't carry oxygen masks for everyone aboard.
Thank you Bruh..
tiredoflife:
Why can't planes have parachutes for passengers in case of air accident issues

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by AngelicBeing: 11:56am On Mar 17, 2019
cool
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2019
2018PROFSUNDAY:
Yes people died more through the advancement of Technologies here we find ourselves. Gun,Bumb,Tear gas,Transportation e.g road,water and air. The more we advance the more people died.
Human population is only this much coz of advancement in science and technology. Medical science majorly!
People died in infancy back in the darker times

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by ochiosa(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
This people self, Is like they are not satisfied with the no of deaths from the small planes that they are building and unveiling larger ones.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Man & The 2 Ladies He Was Carrying Die In An Accident In Sapele, Delta (Photos / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) / Truck Moving Damaged Osinbajo's Helicopter Spoilt In Kogi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.