Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) (60709 Views)

Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) / Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
Budex40:

Problem is, when u change the pressure suddenly. It can lead to heamorrage. Alot of medical complications can occur. Remember the pressure @ hight altitude is different from pressure @lower altitude and even on the ground

I believe that medical experts will consulted so that such a thing will be curbed. For now, the aim is to avoid loss of lives and the parachute for the passenger cabin is currently the best option.
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by RTSC: 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
To create planes that can be wholly supported by parachutes, we will need to redesign it structurally to something similar to the shape of US Air Force B2 spirits so as to create a more evened symmetry .

It is not going to be easy to create a commercial variant of that.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by BrokenCock: 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
Bug lies! The only fear is for the sake of terrorists, plus they don't want to answer questuons why some parachutes will work and others won't work like the Nigerian INEC card readers.

1 Like

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by lawani: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
It is said that a crashing plane can fall thirty thousand feet in 30 seconds, so how can 200 passengers get out by parachuting within that short time?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
Even if it was possible to jump out of a plunging commercial airliner with a parachute i no dey jump. I have a phobia for heights.i had prefer to endure d crash and hope 4 d best.
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by bugggg: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2019
If an airplane is going down I'll rather take my chance with the parachute .... training or not. Who go wan die, it's even better to die in d air atleast dem go find person dead body.

Do you think if those people had a choice at all they'll wait. Without parachute sef I know some people that'll still try their luck by jumping off.

I love my life.

6 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
RTSC:
To create planes that can be wholly supported by parachutes, we will need to redesign it structurally to something similar to the shape of US Air Force B2 spirits so as to create a more evened symmetry .

first of all it will involve huge spending
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Originalsly: 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hmmm....nice write up. From my own experience and observations.... forget expenses.... parachutes in the overhead compartments for everyone.... video was played and hostesses demonstrated how to put it on ...and activate it. When a plane is in distress.... at that point everyone will be seated...seat belts on.... the pilot realizes the plane will crash so he announces... Emergency...kindly get a parachute and bail out. Now how long a plane in distress takes before it crashes? If most planes crash during take off and landing... then it would be too low for parachutes to be effective. But my biggest thing is the passengers..... when a plane is not in distress... the plane lands zafely... there is always a rush for the exit. An emergency will be two desperate rushes... rush for the parachutes... rush for the exits... exits blocked by first rushers now afraid to jump! By then.....do I have to say?

3 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by timay(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
RTSC:

Chai., this plane na silent killer
B2 spirit stealth bomber grin

1 Like

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
bugggg:
If an airplane is going down I'll rather take my chance with the parachute .... training or not. Who go wan die, it's even better to die in d air atleast dem go find person dead body.

Do you think if those people had a choice at all they'll wait. Without parachute sef I know some people that'll still try their luck of jumping off.
u sabi control parachute? Are u a trained paratrooper? Wat of if d parachute come carry u land on top of high tension wire.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by dingbang(m): 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
lefulefu:
u sabi control parachute? Are u a trained paratrooper? Wat of if d parachute come carry u land on top of high tension wire.
no mind am. Talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by castrol180(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
If it's not explorer then it can never be anybody on this kind of educative topic

1 Like

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
dingbang:
no mind am. Talk is cheap
guys no know wetin im mean to jump by parachute from a heightcheesy. Even to be a trained skydiver no be beanscheesy.
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by godstime88(m): 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
lefulefu:
e mean say your village people hold combine meeting on top your matter

3 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
lefulefu:
shocked I just imagined this..person go just roast like corn
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by RTSC: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
lefulefu:
first of all it will involve huge spending
It is going to be the most expensive plane ever but it won't be as expensive as its military variant.

A single unit of those jet go for two billion dollars per unit.

If you remove the stealth properties, highly advanced military avionics, and missile propulsion system which are not needed in a commercial variant , the price should come down to 700 million dollars per unit or a billion at most.
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by bugggg: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
no b only paratrooper.. if u dey d situation chill 4 d plane bro. We ain't d same.
lefulefu:
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by princfred(m): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
Each passengers seat doubles as air inflatable parachutes. Seat belts as parachute hangers/holder to passengers body. Mini oxygen flask attached to seats (parachutes seat) to be worn immediately turbulences begins.

Eject button by pilot in sections when he deems it right to reduce choas. Little or no training needed but perp talk before take off.

Floaters as shown in copied pics below deployed during takeoff and landing as routine to ameloriate crashes at those times.

Or Another mini engine (mainly for controlled descent) inside the passenger capsule after normal faulty engine and luggage's are dislodged in the faulty main one.

Humans must get this right for the love of humanity.
Any number saved is better than non.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Basically, it's clear that parachute for each passenger won't happen, the reasons are too much as you've rightly explained.

I saw an explanatory video about a new type of plane that would be designed to have some sort of demarcation between the passenger cabin and the cockpit. It will be able to detach from the cockpit and the wings in an emergency situation and engage in a free fall for a little time before two very large parachutes are automatically deployed to give It balance and drastically reduce it's impact on the ground or water. Also it will have large floaters deployed below it that can land on the ground and on water.
But, the challenge with this plane is if there'll be strong maintenance on the hooks that will hold the body of the plane to the cockpit and its wings, and an avoidance of a situation where the hooks fail to detach from the cockpit and wings.

So the pilots can go and die?
The person who designed this isn't nice. sad

2 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by jaxxy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Basically, it's clear that parachute for each passenger won't happen, the reasons are too much as you've rightly explained.

I saw an explanatory video about a new type of plane that would be designed to have some sort of demarcation between the passenger cabin and the cockpit. It will be able to detach from the cockpit and the wings in an emergency situation and engage in a free fall for a little time before two very large parachutes are automatically deployed to give It balance and drastically reduce it's impact on the ground or water. Also it will have large floaters deployed below it that can land on the ground and on water.
But, the challenge with this plane is if there'll be strong maintenance on the hooks that will hold the body of the plane to the cockpit and its wings, and an avoidance of a situation where the hooks fail to detach from the cockpit and wings.

This is what I have been talking about. It doesn’t have to be individual parachutes bt collective ones. To ur idea the whole fusage doesn’t have to be detached there cud be a safe zone or emergency unit(s) where everybody goes to when it apparent a crash or crash landing is inevitable and it detaches for the free fall..

If humans can go to space it shudnt be hard to achieve this now?

4 Likes

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by jaxxy(m): 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
Daeylar:

So the pilots can go and die?
The person who designed this isn't nice. sad

Pilots will have their own unit or join the passengers. Plane will be on autopilot. Lol

1 Like

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
midnighter:
This is one thing, the other one is where to land

The thought of landing in a thick forest or a desert is giving me daymares shocked

You can’t be serious. Compare to landing in the ocean or seas with sharks, octopus, crocodiles � etc to play with your legs and JT grin grin grin
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
midnighter:

The thought of landing in a thick forest or a desert is giving me daymares shocked

You can’t be serious. Compare to landing in the ocean or seas with sharks, octopus, crocodiles etc to play with your legs and JT grin grin grin
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by midnighter(f): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
You survived na... Rescuers would surely find you( chances of survival in a thick forest though).... What about landing on rocks and hill??

That one is another thing. I had a dream about it once
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
jaxxy:

Pilots will have their own unit
That would be much better.
or join the passengers. Plane will be on autopilot. Lol
What if there is no time?
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by JOMAX: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
Explorers:
Skydives are pre-planned.

An important thing to remember about skydiving is that it occurs under perfectly normal conditions.

Since the jumps are pre-planned, the skydiver knows well in advance that they are going to jump out of a moving airplane.

In contrast, passengers onboard airplanes would never know in advance that they might have to take the leap in the next few minutes.

Skydives are extensively planned and prepared for in advance.

In essence, what you have on a commercial plane are people who have never used or seen a parachute in their lives, but have to strap on the gear effectively in only a minute or two and prepare to jump.

They also have to do all this while wearing their emergency oxygen masks (we haven’t even factored in the environment of confusion and commotion that would rock the cabin in such an emergency situation where 200 passengers needs to jump in less than 2minutes).

Let's us imagine a situation where the plane is nose diving.

Technologists should then device a parachute big enough to float the entire plane to a soft landing in which case the entire plane may be on shutdown. I no fit carry my heart for mouth anytime I wan enter plane without an option of survival.
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
jaxxy:

This is what I have been talking about. It doesn’t have to be individual parachutes bt collective ones. To ur idea the whole fusage doesn’t have to be detached there cud be a safe zone or emergency unit(s) where everybody goes to when it apparent a crash or crash landing is inevitable and it detaches for the free fall..

If humans can go to space it shudnt be hard to achieve this now?

The most dangerous section is the fuselage and fuel tanks. So the cabin can be made detachable and fix with parachutes like space capsules
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
VULCAN:
Everything said to be impossible was done during the lifetime of the person who said it could not happen.

Within 20yrs, there will be a end to "everybody on-board perished", once someone can find a cost effective solution.

This is true. A lot of things which were said to be impossible are what we are using now.

1 Like

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Chuxz311(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=GloryIsaac post=76735980]

He's expected to evacuate the cockpit.

Yep, via cockpit ejector seats fitted with chutes like in military spec planes. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
midnighter:

That one is another thing. I had a dream about it once
Hehehegrin You go think say na real sef... Reason why I am suggesting something that can help reduce the speed of the plane when crashing instead of individual parachutes ..
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by princfred(m): 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Hehehegrin You go think say na real sef... Reason why I am suggesting something that can help reduce the speed of the plane when crashing instead of individual parachutes ..
What can do that if not a parachute? Or maybe a mini emergency engine in passengers capsule activated after dislodge from the faulty outside.
Re: Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) by Edmaths: 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
midnighter:

What of landing in game reserves where there are lions, tigers, hyenas, crocodiles, etc?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt / How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.