Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). (521 Views)

Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? / If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / Leke Adeboye: If You Voted For APC In Osun You Are A Fool - Pastor Adeboye's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by Oshi5403(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
King Solomon Reigned After King David In Israel For 40years.He Was 20years When He Began To Reign,which Implicitly Means He Died At The Age Of 60years.
King David Started Well.He Built The Temple And Follow The Dictates Of The Law Thoroughly,just Like His Father David.
God Appeared To Him In A Dream,And Asked Him To Request For Anything,and David Requested For Wisdom.God Gave Him Wisdom,and Promised Him Long Live,peace Etc In As Much He Obeys His Commands Fully.
Solomon Enjoyed Peace,respect From All And Sundry Etc In Accordance With The Promise Of God.
But Two Things Destroyed His Reputation Before God Which Made Me Termed Him The Wisest-fool,they Are:
1)he Divided Israel To 12 Tribes,and Commanded Each Tribe To Be Bringing Huge Tributes To Him Every Year,which Was Inconveniencing His Subjects.
2)he Gave Himself To Pleasure By Having 300 Wives And 700 Concubines.

The Two Acts That Killed Him Early Could Be Summarised To Be Selfishness And Pleasure.

Learn From Solomon The Wisest-fool.
Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by MuttleyLaff: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:
King Solomon Reigned After King David In Israel For 40years.He Was 20years When He Began To Reign,which Implicitly Means He Died At The Age Of 60years.
King Solomon Started Well.He Built The Temple And Follow The Dictates Of The Law Thoroughly,just Like His Father David.
God Appeared To Him In A Dream,And Asked Him To Request For Anything, and Solomon Requested For Wisdom. God Gave Him Wisdom,and Promised Him Long Live,peace Etc In As Much He Obeys His Commands Fully.
Solomon Enjoyed Peace,respect From All And Sundry Etc In Accordance With The Promise Of God.
But Two Things Destroyed His Reputation Before God Which Made Me Termed Him The Wisest-fool,they Are:
1)he Divided Israel To 12 Tribes,and Commanded Each Tribe To Be Bringing Huge Tributes To Him Every Year,which Was Inconveniencing His Subjects.

The Two Acts That Killed Him Early Could Be Summarised To Be Selfishness And Pleasure.

"7Then Solomon built an illegal worship site on the hill east of Jerusalem for Chemosh (the disgusting idol of Moab) and for Molech (the disgusting idol of the Ammonites).
8He did these things for each of his foreign wives who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.
9So the LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned from the LORD God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice.
10God had given him commands about this. [He told him] not to follow other gods. But Solomon did not obey God's command.
11The LORD told Solomon, "Because this is your attitude and you have no respect for my promises or my laws that I commanded you to keep, I will certainly tear the kingdom away from you. I will give it to one of your servants.
12But I will not do it in your lifetime because of your father David. I will tear it away from the hands of your son.
13However, I will not tear the whole kingdom away from you. I will give your son one tribe for my servant David's sake and for the sake of Jerusalem, [the city] that I chose."
"
- 1 Kings 11:7-13
Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by Martinez39(m): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by Martinez39(m): 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2019
King Solomon can't possibly be a wise man. Show me one act of Solomon that's extraordinarily wise? Sir Isaac Newton did more for humanity than King Solomon.

Wait a minute, King Solomon didn't exist. grin
Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by CAPSLOCKED: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
Martinez39:
King Solomon can't possibly be a wise man. Show me one act of Solomon that's extraordinarily wise? Sir Isaac Newton did more for humanity than King Solomon.

HIS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS WERE STACKING UP MONEY (WHICH HE DIDN'T PUT INTO ANY BIBLICAL RECORDED USE) AND SHAGGING HUNDREDS OF WOMEN.

NOT ONE THING BENEFICIAL TO HUMANITY DID THIS MAN INTRODUCE, YET, TO A SET OF PEOPLE WHO PREFER TO BE REFERRED TO AS CHRISTIANS, HE'S A VERY WISE MAN WHO MUST BE EMULATED.

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE MORE WORTHY OF RIDICULE THAN A BIBLE BELIEVER.
Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by CosmicPhoenix: 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
just wait,they will soon come here to tell you "he chose wisdom over riches" or "having 700 wives and 300 hoes is something a wise man is capable of"

Martinez39:

Wait a minute, King Solomon didn't exist. grin

Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by Martinez39(m): 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

HIS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS WERE STACKING UP MONEY (WHICH HE DIDN'T PUT INTO ANY BIBLICAL RECORDED USE) AND SHAGGING HUNDREDS OF WOMEN.

NOT ONE THING BENEFICIAL TO HUMANITY DID THIS MAN INTRODUCE, YET, TO A SET OF PEOPLE WHO PREFER TO BE REFERRED TO AS CHRISTIANS, HE'S A VERY WISE MAN WHO MUST BE EMULATED.

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE MORE WORTHY OF RIDICULE THAN A BIBLE BELIEVER.
You definitely haven't seen a Mormon. grin

1 Like

Re: King Solomon(the Wisest-fool). by asalimpo(m): 12:31am On Mar 18, 2019
Oshi5403:
King David Started Well.He Built The Temple And Follow The Dictates Of The Law Thoroughly,just Like His Father David.
God Appeared To Him In A Dream,And Asked Him To Request For Anything,and David Requested For Wisdom.God Gave Him Wisdom,and Promised Him Long Live,peace Etc In As Much He Obeys His Commands Fully.

did solomon die "early"? His father passed on at 70 and the bible regarded him as very old.
Sixty would in that time also b regarded as old. Other kings died around that age,it was normal,then.
Stop putting words in d bible, it's never explicitly stated the age solomon began reigning.

(1) (Reply)

Secular Music Videos Vs Gospel Music Videos Which One Is Better? / Nurse Who Offered Bible To Cancer Patient Looses Dismissal Appeal / Broken Scales (the Power Of Prayer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.