Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,741 members, 7,955,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks (45438 Views)

'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) / US Embassy Urges Nigerians To Emulate Imam Who Saved 300 Christians In Plateau / Ugandan Imam Who Defiled 2-Year-Old Girl Jailed For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by spacechuks(m): 1:50am On Mar 18, 2019
clintino700:

We are not wicked but he is wicked alone.
And who said the guy who committed the crime is a Christian.next time do your research well before spewing out gibberish.the guy is an atheist and a white supremacist.i dont see any connection to Christendom.however why are muslims having problems with many religion in the world. it is high time the christian western world stop issuing visas to muslim.because muslim are kown to causing havoc anywhere they found themselves.canada, usa, Austrialia, new zealand, and other christian world power country should please take my advice if not your country will one day turn to the case of boko haram, fulani herdsmen, Isis and other satanic muslim groups.my two cents

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by johntolu: 1:51am On Mar 18, 2019
ollah2:

How many mosques and muslims exist in the eastern region in Nigeria?
How many churches and christians exist in northern region in Nigeria?

There you have it, the most intolerant religion in the world remains christianity

Ollah2, Are you for real? You gat to be kidding me!
I have been to Aba, in Eastern Nigeria and I saw moslems mainly from Northern Nigeria, doing
their salat openly everywhere, unmolested in Aba.
I lived in Kano, Northern Nigeria for more than
10 years and the only part of the city where
Christian's are allowed to worship is Sabon Gari.
At a time when I was living in another part of the city, Naibawa Quaters, which has a reasonable population of Christian's and non Hausas, we started holding fellowship and worship service within the premises of Federal Government College in Zaria Road, Kano.
We were forced to stop our religious activities in the school because some Islamic/Moslem elements within the community complained to Abuja and we were ordered out of the premises of a Federal
Government owned property that has a mosque, for Muslim worship, within its premises!.
A former colleague of mine, who later got a job as an expatriate with an international oil company in Saudi Arabia, once told me that they only conduct service on Fridays within the premises of the oil company as Christians are not allowed to have any form of worship in the kingdom.
There are mosques in virtually every European, American & Canadian cities with Muslims being allowed to practice their faith without any of molestation and harassment.
I am still at a loss as to the reason for the high level of intolerance in the moslem world, to non moslems practicing their faith in Muslim/Islamic countries worldwide.

3 Likes

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by spacechuks(m): 2:03am On Mar 18, 2019
ollah2:

How many mosques and muslims exist in the eastern region in Nigeria?
How many churches and christians exist in northern region in Nigeria?

There you have it, the most intolerant religion in the world remains christianity
i stand to disagree with you.the way churches are built arent the same way mosques are built.however,can you cite or refer me to any attack melted out to mosques in sourthern nigeria of which the reverse is the case in northern Nigeria .time will come when this country would be separated along religion lines so that the north can continue carring their killing sprees over there while we keep progressing with our oil without parasites and pests

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by xpool(m): 2:09am On Mar 18, 2019
I get the video, but for sale.
Drop ur number so we can chat

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Jolite(m): 3:22am On Mar 18, 2019
WHAT OF THE ONES THE MUSLIMS HAS BEEN DOING?THEY THOUGHT ONLY THEM HAD WICKED MINDS?

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Jolite(m): 3:29am On Mar 18, 2019
xpool:
I get the video, but for sale. Drop ur number so we can chat
Go and sale it to your villagers,hungry man

4 Likes

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by ogbonti: 3:49am On Mar 18, 2019
senatepresido:
Eternal rest grant unto them...

Islam is a religion of peace...

may true worshippers be rewarded with Aljanaat Firdaws

Religion of peace as long as the infidels are "peacefully" killed!

2 Likes

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by felixation123(m): 3:56am On Mar 18, 2019
Human beings!!we are just our problems !!
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by chamboy(m): 5:04am On Mar 18, 2019
bro4u:
Churches are being burnt in Northern Nigeria, Somalia, Mali, Sudan not forgetting Arab nations whose hatredfor Christianity has no bound, someone was just testing his gun near a mosque and they call it massacre... Can it equate the number of churches and people killed by the followers of 'religion of piss'

can any of boko-isis terror match what the Templars did doing the crusade.
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by henryhemon(m): 5:25am On Mar 18, 2019
fabinfos:
A Nigerian Imam, Alabi Lateef who saved several lives during the New Zealand terror attack, has broken his silence about the massacre.

Fifty people lost their lives when a gunman identified as Brenton Tarrant invaded two mosques in New Zealand city of Christchurch on Friday.

Those who sustained injuries are being treated in hospitals.

Recounting his experience, Alabi, a leader in the Linwood mosque, said he was in the middle of his prayer when he heard gunshots.

Lateef was at the Linwood mosque in Christchurch when gunman, Brenton Tarrant, opened fire on worshippers killing at least 7 people, after already killing 42 people at the Al Noor mosque.

At the Linwood mosque, worshippers were about to drop to the floor for the second part of the prayer service, when Lateef spotted the gunman.

Hearing gunfire outside, the Imam shouted ‘go down’, warning the worshippers to take cover.

In a chat with The New Zealand Herald, he said:

“When I saw those Muslims shot dead, I just told our brothers, ‘Go down! Go down! Somebody has just shot our brothers outside the masjid.

No one listened to me until unfortunately he came from behind and he shot one of our brothers in the head through the window. He saw him standing and shot him through the window.

When glass got broken and the brother fell down, everyone realised to go down.”

The Imam rushed outside with fellow worshipper, Abdul Aziz, who picked up a credit card machine on his way.

Aziz told NZ Herald that he threw the machine at the gunman, who was running back to his car to get another weapon. The terrorist responded by firing at Aziz, who ran through a sea of parked cars to escape the bullets, picking up a discarded gun.

Squeezing the trigger, Aziz realised it was empty, so he hurled it at the gunman’s car.
Jumping into his vehicle, the terrorist made a u-turn and sped away.

Lateef, who had locked the main door of the mosque to keep those inside safe, then called the emergency services, also doing his best to help those wounded. He added he had been prepared to die to save his people:

“I can’t believe… I thought I’d be gone. I was ready to die because I felt for the brothers,” he added.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/new-zealand-massacre-nigerian-imam-who-saved-countless-lives-speaks/

You can actually make your point without exaggerating, do you know the meaning of countless? Those in the mosque are even up to 100 means they can be counted but you want to be sessional by using the word countless. Never taken any info from you serious.

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 18, 2019
bro4u:
Churches are being burnt in Northern Nigeria, Somalia, Mali, Sudan not forgetting Arab nations whose hatredfor Christianity has no bound, someone was just testing his gun near a mosque and they call it massacre... Can it equate the number of churches and people killed by the followers of 'religion of piss'
Since I was small. ...now ayam big...These people have never changed killing christains..testing microphone e..

3 Likes

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by miketayo(m): 5:35am On Mar 18, 2019
Hadampson:

Most Christians usually judge Muslims on the basis of some mentally unstable lunatics that claimed to be a Muslim but in actual fact, they are not.

Haven't you realised that most Muslim terrorist are fanatics, they fast , pray 5 times a day and even kill in the name of your God. This man shooting people, I can bet he doesn't go to church or even knows Jesus, because someone doesn't have a muslim name doesn't mean he is a Christian.. let's even assume he goes to church, he wasn't shooting in Jesus name unlike terrorist killing in Allah's name.

3 Likes

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Kamoryemi2580(m): 5:52am On Mar 18, 2019
bro4u:

it will be fun seeing your name on the list of next victims of such act... test subject
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by senchibi: 6:02am On Mar 18, 2019
senatepresido:
Eternal rest grant unto them...

Islam is a religion of peace...

may true worshippers be rewarded with Aljanaat Firdaws
Which peace are we talking about here ? Every country in chaos is Muslim religion based. Na Christians dey strap bomb � kill millions all over the world?

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by blingxx(m): 6:02am On Mar 18, 2019
bro4u:

Do you know that bokoharam bomb more mosque than churches? The media will never tell you this undecided
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Segtobi(m): 6:04am On Mar 18, 2019
jovialswag:
someone sent it to me through whatsapp drop u number
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by nurusystem(m): 6:09am On Mar 18, 2019
Christian terrorist in the mosque
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by ibnlawal(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2019
bro4u:
I was appaled by your comment, this is ludicrously rude and profane. Your foolishness is beyond comprehension....You are a disgrace to your religion, your family, your country, just name it. Everybody condemn this brazen act of terrorism and you just think u can showcase ur inebriate nature and sprout nonsense online. Get some sense bro!
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by tyup(m): 6:39am On Mar 18, 2019
Hadampson:

I will choose Saudi Arabia over United States of America anytime anyday.

If Saudi Arabia is not a good country, then what is almighty USA looking for... undecided

And who told you USA is Christian country... I laugh in Swahili.. A country developed by atheists and few Christian/muslim. Most of the high tech companies in USA are owned by atheists. Is Mark Zuckerberg a Christian??

your just an ignoramus and who told you America was developed by Muslims and atheist America had their root in Christianity and was built on Christianity

That's not my problem if Mark zuckerberg decides not to go to church. but is his name a muslim name? No that should tell you he was from a Christian family

Few questions fr you
1.Why are most notable men in US Christian if they were not a Christian nation

2. why have all their president been Christians and even address Americas quoting from the bible during easter and Christmas broadcast

3rdly, "God bless America..." was the common words of as Irving Berling in the 1918 and ever since then have been the watch word on every American's mouth I guess it's Muslims who use God not Allah

4. In 1956 the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress declaring "In God We Trust" as the official national motto of the United States of America

It was pointless arguing with you on this fact tho but I just had to educate you on some senses you were lacking. go to Saudi now and come n tell ur your tales of bondage sad

1 Like

Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Hadampson(m): 6:40am On Mar 18, 2019
miketayo:

Haven't you realised that most Muslim terrorist are fanatics, they fast , pray 5 times a day and even kill in the name of your God. This man shooting people, I can bet he doesn't go to church or even knows Jesus, because someone doesn't have a muslim name doesn't mean he is a Christian.. let's even assume he goes to church, he wasn't shooting in Jesus name unlike terrorist killing in Allah's name.

The fact that someone used Allah's name or he is bearing an Arabic name doesn't mean he is a Muslim. Have you ever seen a Muslim who behave like those terrorists? No

So, Arabic is just a language like other languages.
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Segtobi(m): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2019
We all need to know this religious/ethnic bigotry is one of the things affecting this country. The same path our forefathers did tread is so filled with youths today, and this makes me wonder if there's hope for this nation to truly rise.

Recent findings have shown this murderer to be an alternative right ideologist, which clearly shows the reason being his action. So, why do we have to judge or view every event from a religious/tribal perspective?
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by Hadampson(m): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2019
tyup:

your just an ignoramus and who told you America was developed by Muslims and atheist America had their root in Christianity and was built on Christianity

That's not my problem if Mark zuckerberg decides not to go to church. but is his name a muslim name? No that should tell you he was from a Christian family

Few questions fr you
1.Why are most notable men in US Christian if they were not a Christian nation

2. why have all their president been Christians and even address Americas quoting from the bible during easter and Christmas

3rdly, "God bless America..." was the common words of as Irving Berling in the 1918 and ever since then have been the watch wordon every American's mouth I guess it's Muslims who use God not Allah

4. In 1956 the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress declaring "In God We Trust" as the official national motto of the United States of America

It was pointless arguing with you on this fact tho but I just had to educate you on some senses you were lacking. go to Saudi now and come n tell ur your tales of bondage sad

Now i know that you are just like others

Kindly check what i posted and confirm if i ever said USA was developed by atheists and Muslims ONLY.

Shalom
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by tyup(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2019
Hadampson:

Now i know that you are just like others

Kindly check what i posted and confirm if i ever said USA was developed by atheists and Muslims ONLY.

Shalom

I still dont think Muslims contributed to the development of the US or maybe just once and that was the York's 9/11 Attack that killed over 2k Americans

That was the only development Muslims brought grin
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by hassan4: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2019
What makes you think the shooter was a Christian? He is probably a victim of Islamic terrorism and is reacting to a personal van-de-ta. Most of these folks are atheist.
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by ashjay001(m): 7:06am On Mar 18, 2019
ojun50:

the rate at which u open yr anus to talk some times is getting out of hand,

We really need a block button on nl, Seun.

Some shithead, deserve to be shot n since we can't shoot dem, we can be spared their junk?

Most have been deliberately written, to offend the senses.
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by horlah005: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2019
May Almighty God forgive the casualties and grant them eternal rest
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by miketayo(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2019
Hadampson:

The fact that someone used Allah's name or he is bearing an Arabic name doesn't mean he is a Muslim. Have you ever seen a Muslim who behave like those terrorists? No

So, Arabic is just a language like other languages.

You r either ignorant or u r pretending to be, do terrorist hide their identity? We don't call them Muslims because they bear Arabic names, they post vids themselves claiming to be Muslims and fighting your holy war, they even back it up with scriptures from your holy book yet you want to deny them, are u sure u practice your religion the right way or the ones bombing justify every killing they did.
You can never hear anything on religious war in countries with very few Muslims, these are glaring facts
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by ollah2: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2019
johntolu:

Ollah2, Are you for real? You gat to be kidding me!
I have been to Aba, in Eastern Nigeria and I saw moslems mainly from Northern Nigeria doing
their salat openly everywhere, unmolested in Aba.
I lived in Kano, Northern Nigeria for more than
10 years and the only part of the city where
Christian's are allowed to worship is Sabon Gari.
At a time when I was living in another part of the city, Naibawa Quaters, which has a reasonable population of Christian's and non Hausas, we started holding fellowship and worship service within the premises of Federal Government College in Zaria Road, Kano.
We were forced to stop our religious activities in the school because some Islamic/Moslem elements within the community complained to Abuja and we were ordered out of the premises of a Federal
Government owned property that has a mosque for Muslim worship within its premises!.
A former colleague of mine, who later got a job as an expatriate with an international oil company in Saudi Arabia, once told me that they only conduct service on Fridays within the premises of the oil company as Christians are not allowed to have any form of worship in the kingdom.
There are mosques in virtually every European, American & Canadian cities with Muslims being allowed to practice their faith without any of molestation and harassment.
I am still at a loss as to the reason for the high level of intolerance in the moslem world, to non moslems practicing their faith in Muslim/Islamic countries worldwide.

There are truckload of churches in Kano situated in different locations and not only Sabon Gari, even the notorious zamfara state has churches in different locations but same cant be said about the eastern region.

Saudi Arabia is the only muslim country that doesnt allow churches but everywhere else, you will surely find churches and surely free to worship. It's amazing about at every point in time, you guys use just one location or one person to judge the other locations and other muslims or Islam but this same logic cant be used for you. You mentioned only Saudi Arabia and you concluded it's the same it is in other Islamic countries.

The European etc countries practice a secular government, why didnt you include North Korea? Why did China destroy churches and mosque? You should endeavour to be completely honest and truthful in your replies. Tell me just one other islamic country that doesnt allow churches to be built.
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by akocce(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2019
dante0147:

Why are you so gullible ? Don’t be in a rush to judge all Christians because of one man’s sin! He chooses to be the fool judge him based on the fool that he is... Biko
Tarrant is a white supremacist who had contact with Anders Breivik, he probably is an Odinist
Re: New Zealand Massacre: Alabi Lateef, Nigerian Imam Who Saved Lives, Speaks by bongolistik(m): 7:46am On Mar 18, 2019
wisdomkid:

Christians are wicked, useless and assholes?
A typical Muslim opinion about Christians.
Was the shooter a Christian?
Or you're too dumb to know it's a K buzz KKK person?
The think New Zealand is more of Christian state and are quick to tag the shooter a Christian when the shooter did not even shout a religious chant before shooting. They don't know that New Zealand is dominated by atheists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rival Cult Groups Battle In Ikorodu, Many Feared Dead / Young Girl Beaten For Stealing Generator In Delta Is A Drug Addict (photos) / Drunk Soldier Kills A Fellow Soldier For Confronting Him (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.