Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence (11213 Views)

How Would You Define A 'cheap Girl'? / Men Please Be Sincere: Define A Beautiful Lady / How Do We Define A Nagging Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by tweenytee(f): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2010
@lajjy: cheesygrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2010
A modern day woman asked to work as hard as her hubby yet be a mother to her kids while he hangs out with the guys.
Asked to satisfy all her husbands sexual fantasies yet be descent
Asked to sacrifice her selfesteem in the name of submissiveness
be seen but not heard and yet be intelligent,classy and presentable
Asked to be hardworking but have no ambition else she becomes competitive with her man.
Asked to demand for nothing from her husband,if possible provide for her kids and herself and him and still call him Lord.
Asked to tolerate all her hubby or BF infidelities becos he is a Man and still not ask that he love her otherwise she becomes demanding.
Asked to understand her man but not expect the same from him.
well this is how i summarize most NL men expectations of a modern woman a"silently mad woman"
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by emmatok(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2010
A chick [/b]is a way of referring to a young woman.

[b]So Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama not chicks.

A Modern Day Chick is dumb and inexperience about live.

They run after VANITIES AND FANTASIES.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by nuga10: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2010
@olumogun,thanks ojare,l was wondering when someone ll say d truth
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by TeskyMan(m): 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
ikedeo:

A modern day chic is the one that has very little regarlia for womanhood, goes for what she wants(money n' huge dikks) no matter what it takes!
She confuses nudity with beauty,
Calls irresponsible sexual acts fun.
Call ashawo "runs"
calls it ok to furk im papa age.

Mordern day chicks, [size=16pt]Kai, walahitalahi, they lost their value. [/size]

Sincerely, not all of them, some can be very sincere, honest and very very hardworking. There are still good once out there. I'm happy I already have one right by my side. Me think, I am very lucky sha,,

Ask and it shall be given,,,,,,,,,, But some men also are lazy lets face the fact,
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by phoenixsta: 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
ikedeo:

A modern day chic is the one that has very little regarlia for womanhood, goes for what she wants(money n' huge dikks) no matter what it takes!
She confuses nudity with beauty,
Calls irresponsible sexual acts fun.
Call ashawo "runs"
calls it ok to furk im papa age.

Damn rite about the BiTches called CHICKEN all around
Money hungry daughters of JEZEBEL. lipsrsealed  

emmatok:

A chick [/b]is a way of referring to a young woman.

[b]So Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama not chicks.

A Modern Day Chick is dumb and inexperience about live.

They run after VANITIES AND FANTASIES.
them two ain't chic they're Women  and not just women but women of virtues,
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by maxims: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
I would say that although there are still [[i]b]very few [/b] [i]who are decent, humble and respect others; the larger chunk rush madly for guys wallets @the expense of their sense of worth and are proud, indecent and walk around with misplaced priorities.

, Just my 'widow's mite' undecided
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by opribo(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Kabukabu

So you mean a modern day woman is that woman that will hand over her precious baby to a nanny from morning till night in search of money or men or are you saying the modern day woman is the one that is wearing a micro mini skirt in the office telling the whole world to see her g string.
please enlighten me. i don't really get it Mr kabukabu. When I say the ladies have lost I really mean it because you cant eat your cake and have it again. God never designed the women for the kind of things they are subjecting themselves to. That is why they are called the weaker sex. When a woman has a scar even you Kabukabu wont go near her. So why then wont they stay away from hard jobs and accept the lifetime work that has been bestowed on them. That is shaping the society through proper upbringing of the children. It doesn't portray us well in Naija to abandon our home grown and cherished values to be following the oyinbo man like zombie.  Our people have a saying that it is sweet to watch a mad man display but no one wants to have him as a brother. Can you keep a so called modern woman sleeping around with different men in the name of modern babe my foot. Ordinarily our ladies are good it is the undue influence from all this pervert societies that has affected our women, now they want to be naked before they are noticed. Modern day babe indeed.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2010
U guys sud start posting sometin sensible,u are all loose talkers, describing modern chicks like that,when u can do anytin to get the love of a girl.
WE ARE NECCESSARY, IMPORTANT, COMPULSORY TO U.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by opribo(m): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hope all these men calling women these names have mothers,sisters and women they will call wives tomorrow?U have met with such women cos dat is d way u are too.

Truth is,u will always attract your like.

We see, we learn that is why we are shouting because we cannot be fooled or hoodwinked by anyone
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by InkedNerd(f): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
opribo:

Hope all these men calling women these names have mothers,sisters and women they will call wives tomorrow?U have met with such women cos dat is d way u are too.

Truth is,u will always attract your like.

We see, we learn that is why we are shouting because we cannot be fooled or hoodwinked by anyone

So very true.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Vic2k3(m): 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2010
In 1 word i say 'FOOLS' - I jxt joking
SOPHISTICATED
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by LRNZH(m): 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
I'm sowey ladies,
I've been struggling with coming to terms with this whole modern day era (where God does not exist, according to) and the modern day romance (two men abi na two women dey pretend to date)

Modern day chics are men wannabees,  (I hope my gf doesn't see this, lol)
They wanna sleep, talk, play and fight like men.
The only difference is men don't go around looking for d largest wallets and biggest dicks.

We appreciate the big bossoms/front and fleshy lips downsouth but no be must.

Once again my apologies, lol grin
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by SignorZax: 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
@OCHENDU

Guy! You speak my mind.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by hilli666(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
5That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

6For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,

7And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

8Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,

9In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

10And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11(She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

19For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

20He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

23Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

24Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.

25Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.

26For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

27Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by kabukabu(m): 5:43am On Sep 08, 2010
hilli666:

5That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

6For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,

7And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

8Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,

9In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

10And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11(She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

19For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

20He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

23Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

24Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.

26For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

This is who you are,sir

Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by tpiah: 5:46am On Sep 08, 2010

i actually get chills anytime i read this.

the thing with most men is its fairly easy, if they say they dont want something, to convince them they want it, and if they say want something, to convince them they dont want it.

Lord help us.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by kabukabu(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2010
LRNZH:

I'm sowey ladies,
I've been struggling with coming to terms with this whole modern day era (where God does not exist, according to) and the modern day romance (two men abi na two women dey pretend to date)

Modern day chics are men wannabees,  (I hope my gf doesn't see this, lol)
They wanna sleep, talk, play and fight like men.
The only difference is men don't go around looking for d largest wallets and biggest dicks.

We appreciate the big bossoms/front and fleshy lips downsouth but no be must.

Once again my apologies, lol grin

Sleep/talk/play and fight like men, somebody really has issues here with ladies.Men want women with the largest chests and biggest butts but don't want women to look for what they like.
doesn't sound fair, matter of fact sounds unreasonable to me.again a case of masochism and gender oppression.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by kabukabu(m): 6:09am On Sep 08, 2010
opribo:

@Kabukabu

So you mean a modern day woman is that woman that will hand over her precious baby to a nanny from morning till night in search of money or men or are you saying the modern day woman is the one that is wearing a micro mini skirt in the office telling the whole world to see her g string.
please enlighten me. i don't really get it Mr kabukabu. When I say the ladies have lost I really mean it because you cant eat your cake and have it again. God never designed the women for the kind of things they are subjecting themselves to. That is why they are called the weaker sex. When a woman has a scar even you Kabukabu wont go near her. So why then wont they stay away from hard jobs and accept the lifetime work that has been bestowed on them. That is shaping the society through proper upbringing of the children. It doesn't portray us well in Naija to abandon our home grown and cherished values to be following the oyinbo man like zombie. Our people have a saying that it is sweet to watch a mad man display but no one wants to have him as a brother. Can you keep a so called modern woman sleeping around with different men in the name of modern babe my foot. Ordinarily our ladies are good it is the undue influence from all this pervert societies that has affected our women, now they want to be unclothed before they are noticed. Modern day babe indeed.

There are many modern women who raise families alongside having succesful careers,but of course you aren't intelligent enough to comprehend that fact,are you wink
There are also men who work in offices that believe all women working with him are part of his harem,that he can pat their behinds,talk down to them and in case of some bossess demand sexual favors for promotion.
I see you have a habit on mentioning religion and God, the same way Muslims and Christians relegate women to the back,and encourage men to treat them as property .
Women may be the weaker sex physically but I bet you would cry like a baby if you had to walk a mile in the shoes of most women in third world countries such as Nigeria,where women work 10 times harder than men just to get less than 30% of what men make.

I wont comment on the "scar" because I dont have the slightest idea what that means to you, if you mean physical wounds, since when did love become and issue of appearance rather than compatibility and compassion,I see you have a lot to learn.

Women working has allowed more families in thrid world countries to attain middle class status,Nigeria is not a farming country anymore, neither is it a hunting country,if both husband and wife bring in incomes,they will have a chance at achieving more, perhaps starting their own business,buying a car, buying a house or generally improving their lifestyle, plus it means a chance for better educational opportunity for children.

In your words women who cheat on their husbands are modern women, so what do you call men who cheat on their wives and girlfriendsMen cheat 70% more times than women do and get away with it.Women bear the blame if their men cheat, if they dont get pregnant or if they cannot "satisfy" their men.You have a very backward view and mindset of how men should treat women, even after women have been astrronauts/soldiers/generals/presidents/doctors/scientists, you still believe they should not be educated, just lay on their backs and bear children and keep quiet, you are a disgrace, it is people like you who sleep with the young girls in hope that they cure your disease and cut women privates so they cannot be "promiscous"
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Pafuri(m): 7:02am On Sep 08, 2010
She is a LovePeddler. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One sentence, right? grin grin
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by 49cents(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2010
i Jumped into this thread with the intentions of reading what guys will say and to add my own venomous definitions a on modern day chics but on second thoughts  my words go to the guys:

Guys dont you think we are the very ones who created the so-called modern day monsters chics complete with evrything we see and hate in them;
by offering them money to win their affections and to get sex;

by using them as sexual escapes instead of conducting as personalities worthy of the title men: how many guys are making the efforts in being sexually self controlled?

By lying to them about our undying love for them when all we want is just to hit it? We discuss and find shameful joy in detailing our conquest with girls and we don't feel abashed about it! come on!

How many guys can woo a woman by their nobilty and character? How many have the courage to say no to a gurls who is unreasonably demanding? we cant cos we dont want a stop in supply of her booty! We really aint got balls. Men of valour seem to be no more and we expect women to be morally there, bros how na?

Even among the good guys do you rebel against your peeps who indulge in such shameful behaviours; why dont we lash them as though they were messing with our sis or beloved cousin rather we act dumb or withdraw cos we want to feel among. show me your friends and i will tell who you are

When eventually we get good paying jobs, a car and crib, what comes to mind? hoards of girls to hAVE ILLICIT AND PERVERT SEX with before we settle down with one nice untainted gurl we feel we can trust!

I find the behaviuor of modern day guys hypocritcal: imagine some guy on NL saying that today's married women are despicable cos she refused his withdrawal of his sacrilegious finger which he was sticking in her womanliness when her husband called while they were at the NYSC camp; how on earth can he be having a wicked, shameful sexual relationship with a married woman and still call her a LovePeddler?

in the past women behaved in a particular manner becos of a more respecting sociiety; now men, uncles and fathers despoil their own; CEOs want to sleep with their staffs, lecturesrs same, even Pastors and Priests and you think these gurls. who are products of this perverse and wicked society will be immune to the malaise of our generation. The earlier we realise that what goes around comes around and do sth about it the better for all of us

i think gurls have wisened up and are giving guys a taste of their own medicines (lies, deception and worst of all infidelity) and we are crying blue murder about modern day chjics, he that is not guilty let him cast the first stone! Two wrongs do not make a right but it just takes two to tango.
my 49 cents.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by ijcurt(f): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2010
andromida:

A modern day woman asked to work as hard as her hubby yet be a mother to her kids while he hangs out with the guys.
Asked to be hardworking but have no ambition else she becomes competitive with her man.
Asked to demand for nothing from her husband,if possible provide for her kids and herself and him and still call him Lord.
Asked to tolerate all her hubby or BF infidelities becos he is a Man and still not ask that he love her otherwise she becomes demanding.
well this is how i summarize most NL men expectations of a modern woman a"silently mad woman"
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
HEY!HEY!!HEY!!!. U GUYS should STOP this MADNESS! cheesy cheesy
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by kabukabu(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2010
andromida:

I dont know you but I love your post, set these backward men straight, and I'm a man saying this grin grin grin
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by SAGoddess: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2010
kabukabu:

I dont know you but I love your post, set these backward men straight, and I'm a man saying this grin grin grin

I like your mind, it shows NOT all is lost! I had almost given up, thank you for knocking some sense into these people's heads, though they choose to ignore all the valid points you mentioned, we need more men like you!
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by tpiah: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2010
did someone just say he considers it wrong for women to drive?

amazing.

in this day and age when women are pilots and astronauts?
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by buzugee(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
dunno. i dont chase modern day women.
but let me descibe my 2 sisters and my mum.
- very moral
- hardworking. they have their own businesses. all 3 women in my family are PAID. and they made their money without their hubbys
- the 3 women in my family are extremely moral. its unbelievable. sometimes i look at them and wonder if they do not belong to biblical times.

now me myself ? like i said previously i do not chase modern day women because i do not put up with shallow, immoral, materialistic, and egotistic people and neither do i hang out with modern day men because i find them shallow, egotistical and money hungry.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Signorina: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2010
Gawd! Do u guys hate them that much? Then why do u go after them nd never notice the 'shy-not so classy' simple lady. I'll liken u guys as moths attracted to electric bright fly trapper. U know it hurts bt u cant resist.
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by LRNZH(m): 12:17am On Sep 09, 2010
kabukabu:

Sleep/talk/play and fight like men,  somebody really has issues here with ladies.Men want women with the largest chests and biggest butts but don't want women to look for what they like.
doesn't sound fair, matter of fact sounds unreasonable to me.again a case of masochism and gender oppression.

I sure say na wrapper u tie dey criticise men lmao.

Anyway enjoy ur modern chic oh lol
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by miksonics(m): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2010
having all forms of Godliness and denying the power thereoff,AMOEBA, they take the shape you want them to take pls, just have cash and good sexual appetite and u'll their friend for life. after all " no be love we go chop"
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 09, 2010
SEE THERE ARE NOT SO MANY LADIES HERE. AFRAID TO CRITICIZE THE MEN, GIRLS? WELL, AM NOT! THEY DESCRIBE US SO HATEFULLY AND YET THEY DON'T WANT US TO CHANGE IN THEIR HEART OF HEARTS. THEY HATE US SO MUCH AND YET FORGET EVERY STUPID WORD THEY'VE EVER SAID JUST TO EAT CUNT! SORRY AM BLUNT, BUT THESE GUYS REALLY NEED TO BE TAKEN UP ON AND AM HERE TO DO JUST THAT! UP GIRL POWER!
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 09, 2010
what the f**k? someone just changed the terms i used! i said c*nt and not womanliness! damn all these selfish males!
Re: Define A Modern Day Chic In A Sentence by 1102(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2010
^^
sadly u are on ur own,

ur girls have all ran away knowin its the damn truth~

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Told Her To Leave Because She Wouldnt Have Sex With Me.. Wrong or Right / Wow! See A Proof That Kenyan Ladies Are Seriously ENDOWED! [PHOTOS] / Short Romantic Story : Office Matter (18+) Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.