Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together (31581 Views)

VAT: Lagos, Oyo, Rivers, FCT Subsidise 33 States / 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement / Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by winterfell007(m): 7:51am On Mar 19, 2019
deomelo:
SW without Lagos = N72 Billion.

SE = N36 Billion

No wonder the can not stay in their poor, unproductive and economically nonviable ipob villages.

Poor Igbos...smh

grin grin

IGR is not the only way one can use to determine the viability of a state. I guarantee you that a state like Anambra and Abia can raise as much as taxes Kano and Kaduna did,but we chose to relax the taxes as a result of the recession so as to bolster the effiency of the SME and keep them growing. Never for a second think the southeast is poor, they aren't.
The wealth and viability of state is hinged creating wealth for themselves with help of Govt. stimulus packages.
Here's a link to prove my assertions:

Web results
Recession: Obiano abolishes taxes in Anambra – The Sun Nigeria
https://www.sunnewsonline.com › ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2019
chiedu7:

If you are so rich why are you scared of us leaving. grin

Since we are poor let us go in peace, abi una want poor people? angry
grin

Is anybody holding you? Who is scared? People are only concerned because owu go finish una. How do you want to survive as a country inside another country? In mathematics (set theory) you guys will be Subsets of Nigeria. You have no seaport of your own, no good road, no good leaders, even no good followers self etc. yet you wan form country. Nonsense and ipobiens.

Next news please.....

10 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by EvilMetahuman: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Imagine all this IGR and Lagos still looks a big slum in many areas.
The question should not be about IGR. Is Lagos/south-west standard of living better the south-south or south-east cities? I saw someone saying he and her landlady still uses Generator overnight from 7pm to 6am in Lagos and some of them are here glorifying IGR. Smh
those slums are occupied by economic refugees from south east.

they are running from poverty in south east and putting pressure on lagos infrastructure.
if they contibute taxes, lagos would be better than new york now. but atlast, what do fanyogo and gala seller have to contribute to lagos?

bring poverty index, you will still see that south east is below the ladder in entire south.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by sonature1: 7:53am On Mar 19, 2019
Jiang:

I know you are from the south east, But remember if this figure was the opposite, You guys won't let people rest with Igbo amaka! & calling northerners Alm#jiri next level of suffering & Yorubas Af#nja slaves, You guys started this crap & now you are changing the time because it does not favor you?

The emboldened is false.
However, I don't know why anyone should be worried about tribalism.
Tribalism has lived with us since 1960.
The Internet just gives people a rare opportunity to say it the way it is.
While I don't subscribe to it, I think tribalism will help us end Nigeria quicker than we had expected.
Take it or leave it, Nigerians don't wish to live together.
Unity should not be foisted on a people who aren't interested

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Lexicon123: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2019
When you see this massive IGR figures for Lagos you wonder what other states are doing!

However I get really upset when I juxtapose this to the benefits I enjoy from the government. See the crazy deductions in form of PAYE every month, yet I have to pay for my water (as there’s never good water from the government source), pay to dispose of my dirt (as lawma or visionscape are never available), pay for my security (with agberos hovering unchecked like hawks), pay for my electricity (in a megacity like Lagos), struggle through mad traffic everyday (with tankers perpetually sharing the tiny bad roads with everyone else), .... So for me, it’s not about generating trillions in IGR; I need to get value for what am paying for.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Afamed: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2019
Badb0y4lyf:
Half of it belOngs to tinubu lagos should ought to be the largest city in Africa but we are contempt with the crumbs tinubu is sharing and he eating the whole cake
Not 90% this time around?

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by sokera: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2019
Efuaye:
Impressive and commendable development in Lagos, but there has to be corresponding infrastructural reflection on ground!
Lagos should be competing with Dubai.
it’s not that easy because Lagos as a lot of people to take care , Lagos is 21million population with just $90billion GDP , Dubia is just 3million with $105billion GDP

6 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Bulleye(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2019
Dareal90s:
And they want us to vote for PDP so we can have no progress. Thank God Yoruba's always stand on their decisions.
On a very serious note PDP is a gathering of locusts and termites. They are a bunch of criminals. Give Lagos to PDP and watch the IGR drop to less than one quarter of what it presently is.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BoboKush(m): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2019
Oloripelebe:
grin
Developers effect

Ndi emeka n chuku ndi

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BoboKush(m): 8:00am On Mar 19, 2019
BlastAfonja:
To whom much is given much is expected. I don't know why Yorubad are celebrating this news as if its not the hard work of all Nigerians. Lagos is a no man's land so everyone contributed to the progressive positioning of the state

Sifia pain.... Why nt try become a governor in the no man's land first grin
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by winningall17: 8:02am On Mar 19, 2019
deomelo:

SE = N36 Billion

No wonder the can not stay in their poor, unproductive and economically nonviable ipob villages.

Poor Igbos...smh

grin grin

Do you know why Lagos is richer than all the state in the country?
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 19, 2019
GOD WILL NEVER LET YOU GO
No matter what you do... KNOW that God will never let you go!
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BoboKush(m): 8:03am On Mar 19, 2019
gurnam:

They will defend with insults or how they are the ones generating the IGR for the other regions.

Wait they are coming grin

And they can't develop their potopoto land o grin
Ndi we want our country... No biafla no erection

5 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Meliaen(f): 8:05am On Mar 19, 2019
AbaLion:
With an estimated value of SE lower than 360billion, LASG should be rounding off plans to buy off the entire SE as her annex by 2020. isha'llah

-Lion

Nope. We aren't interested in buying off the southeast. What we're going to do, and this is happening soon, is that, we'll buy back the few properties they have in Lagos, both residential and commercial and send them back to where they came from. They can use the proceeds from the arrangement to develop their sickly, arid region. babalawo ngadaAwo will be the first beneficiary of this exercise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by LegacyB: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Adamawa - 3.18billion

Can someone please tell Atiku to get Adamawa Working Again
bros abeg pity this guy small nawh. U know say dem just scam am.Though him sef don rape Nigeria tey tey.....
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Meliaen(f): 8:07am On Mar 19, 2019
deomelo:

SE = N36 Billion

Poor Igbos...smh

grin grin

ngadaAwo I hope you're preparing your defense case.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Meliaen(f): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2019
Neimar:

den what is ipob?

Biafra
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BoboKush(m): 8:12am On Mar 19, 2019
Everything here is story... The fact stil remain lagos is bigger than 33 states.... If u feel it other tribes effect wouldn't it be dumb for una to develop another man's land at the expense of urs... Abeggy

franchasng:
It is so shameful that Nigerian youths don't understand what IGR is and how it comes about, you think Tinubu or Fashola or Ambode manufactured the Lagos IGR from their anus ba So bad. You should be more concerned with how the huge billions of Lagos IGR is managed and what it is used to do, not celebrating the figure which comes from Federal government's policies that made Lagos + all Nigerians' + foreigners' efforts.

Lagos is the economy heart and commercial center of Nigeria. It is federal governmemt policies that made it so since 1914, not Tinubu, not Ambode, not Fashola. Divide Nigeria today and Lagos will fall back to its real value.

...and for those that find it easy to say Igbos should leave their region, you know it is not possible so long as Nigeria remains one nation. Nobody has the right to do that. You will only end up causing chaos, riots, bloodshed and maybe ethnic clash in your land. If you truly want Igbos to leave your region without fight, then work with Hausa-Fulani and grant Igbos freedom to go form their own country as they have been agitating for, and then use your new nation's policies to make it impossible for any Igbo man or woman to come to your new country to live or do business and that's the only way to achieve it not by screaming & cursing online and attacking few women & unarmed people offline, because you will end up making Yoruba land unsafe and volatile to ethnic attacks and uprising. To make Igbos leave, divide Nigeria, allow Igbos to go form their own country in peace, it is that simple...so long as Nigeria remains one, any Nigerian have the constitutional right to live anywhere he or she likes in any part of Nigeria, it is his/her constitution right, not a privilege, it is clear and simple

Now, back to Lagos IGR, Nigeria with over 180 million population depend on importation and 90% of Nigeria's importation come through Lagos seaport. Why not make Calabar and Rivers seaports 100% functional and maybe make Onitsha seaport too functional and watch out the results after 5 years

Go to Oshodi-Apapa expressway, tankers, trailers and heavy duty trucks have blocked the road, close to 5000 or more trucks park there daily waiting to load DPK, PMS, AGO or carry containers from apapa seaport and these trucks pay NGN75,000 per day to Lagos state government for parking on the road to load.

Because of the federal government policies since 1914 Lagos became Nigeria's capital, most of Nigeria's commercial activities take place in Lagos and with the Lagos seaport taking 90% or more of Nigeria's import, majority of Nigerians and foreigners reside in Lagos to ease business transaction and lower operational cost of doing business and running their companies hence the reason you have the major Nigerian markets and trade centers in Lagos; namely Alaba Intl market, Computer village market, Trade Fair & Balogun markets, Ladipo Intl spare parts market, Lagos Island market.

The IGR Lagos generates from these markets alone is enough to fund most countries in Africa.

Now you go to industries who because of the need to reduce cost of running their industries and firms, have cited their industries in Lagos since most of their raw materials and machineries will come into Nigeria through Lagos seaports and also since majority of Nigerians come to Lagos to reside to also make doing business easy for them, thereby making Lagos have overpopulation, it is normal for industries to cite their plants and offices in Lagos and neighboring Ogun state for those that couldn't secure huge land in Lagos, Ogun is closest to Lagos, so the tax levies Lagos and Ogun state generate from these industries and companies runs in billions.

Now talk about shops, commercial transport operators who also operate in Lagos due to the overpopulation in Lagos, they also pay huge tax and levies to Lagos and Ogun governments.

I personally paid nothing less than NGN150,000 this year for my Lagos offices to Lagos state revenue collectors.

So my dear Yorubas, stop being myopic and tribalistic, I am sure you all know these truths but just trying to attack Igbos with every slightest opportunity yet you same people will attack and criticize Igbos when they make move to separate from Nigeria and form their own country.

If Nigeria divides, and Calabar, Rivers and Onitsha seaports begin to function fully, believe me, the population in Lagos will reduce with time and then, you guys will understand the great role the people you hate so much played in making your region a booming economy region but for now, you guys can continue to masturbate on it, but the wise and knowledgeable ones among you know the truth and that is why they fight and condemn Igbos anytime they make move to separate from Nigeria because they know without Igbos in Nigeria, Nigeria is doomed if not, tell me why you can't let them go their way in peace

Tell me why you can't let your enemy leave you so you can have peace of mind You all know the truth but continue, it will never last forever, Nigeria sure have expiry date and when the time comes, nobody can stop it, nobody! It is not possible for Nigeria to remain one nation forever because there is no common love, no common unity, no common goal, each tribe see the other as rival and each tribe mock the other with their progress, so Nigeria can never stand as one nation for too long, the breakup time is fast approaching with the renewed envy, hatred, disunity and stupidity of the younger generation and internet/social media will help to accelerate the break up of Nigeria!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by OkunrinOloro: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2019
It clearly says "half year" report, which I guess you are either too mentally limited to understand or too blind to see.

deomelo:

SE = N36 Billion

Poor Igbos...smh

grin grin

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by hush15: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Great! grin

I have always trusted the Lagos Financial Management Team from
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu who is an astute chartered accountant
to Babatunde Fasola and now Akinwunmi Ambode another chartered
accountant and administrator.

=====> https://www.thecable.ng/lagos-igr-rises-n32-99bn-higher-33-states-put-together/amp?fbclid=IwAR0g5IaGPocHXlXS4490jBDZXRjLb0MsFexbVbwNHy-rZgdhFrb7rkjcjUE

Lagos is definitely in SAFE HANDS with Governor elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu
and his deputy on the way to making the state the 3rd largest economy
in Africa fro the 5th position she occupies right now.

Ogun and Oyo States need to take advantage of the closeness to Lagos
to rev up their own IGR as well.

Ipinle Eko o ni baje! grin

be decieving yourself.

With all that revenue, lagos is not even looking as gòod as half of that revenue. Also as lagos is a big earner, go and check the debt status. Lagos is by far the biggest debtor in this country.

So the question beckons, With the biggest earnings and the biggest spendings, why is still that lagos is very dirtt? Lagos roads are still death traps? Buildings in lagos are always collapsing? Touts are ruling lagos! why is it that people spend the best of their hours inside traffic? Health care is still trash! Education is a no no? Robbery is still on the rise? Road network is still lean. Cant even procure a proper ferry for water transportation?

lemme give you the answer: Lagos money is not earned for lagos! It is earned and spend for those in Abuja and Bourdillon. The lagos we have today is not lagos for all but lagos for the ruling party. simple

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2019
With nothing to show, traffic , waste filled city. 3rd worst city to live in. This city go dey reduce your lifespan anyhow
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BoboKush(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2019
Just a state in SW will annex ur entire SE grin

skales67:

SE: Terrazo Roofing or aluminum roofing... Business Acumen

SW: Brown rusted zinc sheets from the 70's...Skull mining, money rituals, online begging

No wonder they call Igbo's Igbos at any slightest thing. Eating grinded yam peelings meant for goats in the SE.

Poor omoluabeasts grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by abula112(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2019
winterfell007:

IGR is not the only way one can use to determine the viability of a state. I guarantee you that a state like Anambra and Abia can raise as much as taxes Kano and Kaduna did,but we chose to relax the taxes as a result of the recession so as to bolster the effiency of the SME and keep them growing. Never for a second think the southeast is poor, they aren't.
The wealth and viability of state is hinged creating wealth for themselves with help of Govt. stimulus packages.
Here's a link to prove my assertions:

Web results
Recession: Obiano abolishes taxes in Anambra – The Sun Nigeria
https://www.sunnewsonline.com › ...

Always finds excuses

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by abula112(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
those slums are occupied by economic refugees from south east.

they are running from poverty in south east and putting pressure on lagos infrastructure.
if they contibute taxes, lagos would be better than new york now. but atlast, what do fanyogo and gala seller have to contribute to lagos?

bring poverty index, you will still see that south east is below the ladder in entire south.
bro easy now, u are talking to the land developers o, dey left dere land to develop other peoples land, even when its clear they wont come to the develop other peoples land if its not developing... respect the acclaimed developers grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Advancedman(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2019
Remi Tinubu Get Lagos that Special Status Now.
Since Lagos can buy the other states in Nigeria put together with just 6 Month to balance Up.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 19, 2019
kemicalreaction:
You're dumb. The revenue from the Lagos seaport goes to the FG. kiss

Gee did you know how many naira they GENERATE FROM MOTORISTS GOING TO APAPA AND TINKAN
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by abula112(m): 8:19am On Mar 19, 2019
Jiang:

I know you are from the south east, But remember if this figure was the opposite, You guys won't let people rest with Igbo amaka! & calling northerners Alm#jiri next level of suffering & Yorubas Af#nja slaves, You guys started this crap & now you are changing the tune because it does not favor you?
Bro its in their blood, hypocrites, dat is why they are 3rd class citizens, politically irrelevant

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 19, 2019
How do you expect these states to generate revenue when the FG Controls the state resources? You want the stage to force its people on excessive TAX or how do you want them to generate funds...? Transportation..? How much is petroleum? Agriculture...? What measures are being put into agriculture irrespective of geo political zones or politics? Education..? (Supposed to be free) Toll Gates..? On what roads..? Give these states more avenue to generate funds and stop giving Lagos state too much privileges that it doesn’t deserve. Open up other sea ports all over the country and let Lagos compete with those states, only then can we see the true might of LAGOS.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by Gotze1: 8:21am On Mar 19, 2019
BlastAfonja:
To whom much is given much is expected. I don't know why Yorubad are celebrating this news as if its not the hard work of all Nigerians. Lagos is a no man's land so everyone contributed to the progressive positioning of the state
Ogun is no man's land too right? Lagos no man's land ko.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by abula112(m): 8:23am On Mar 19, 2019
BoboKush:

Sifia pain.... Why nt try become a governor in the no man's land first grin
No mind them left there poverty invested mud land to develop a no mans land, even hausa n fulanis no dey cross lane, but this self acclaimed developers no go let us breathe
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by ORIENTATION101: 8:23am On Mar 19, 2019
Very Good

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by oluwaahmed: 8:24am On Mar 19, 2019
deomelo:

SE = N36 Billion

Poor Igbos...smh

The question should be what is the LASG govt doing with nearly 1 billion dollars generated that Lagos has no roads, or even housing for low income earners. My brother focus on the ball leave ipob, if Enugu with leads than 8 billion annually could have better roads than Lagos, then Lagos need to start asking question of what their IGR is being used for.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

#Bringbackourgirls Marching To Aso Rock To See Buhari (Photos) / Nigerian First Ladies At The Amosun/Dabiri's Colourful Wedding Ceremony / How Abacha Stole Billions In Truckloads - Enrico Monfrini (BBC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.