Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice (16391 Views)

Isah Aliyu: Kogi Blogger Arrested On Natasha Akpoti's Reques Freed After 14 Days / ‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC / Abducted Zainab Bulus Bawa Freed After Forceful Convertion To Islam. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
Very sad
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Houseofglam7(f): 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
Oh my....
This is heart breaking cry
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Tyche(m): 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hamilton1:
Afonjas no de disappoint even in pregnant women

Where you born silly or did you have to take lessons?
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
Just Shoot the Idiot Driver dead, and bribe your way out too. Simple! Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by lexy2014: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:
You never know what happened,this is just one side of a story
Being pregnant and killed doesnt mean she was right

What is d other side of d story?
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
FemiEddy:
"We are living in a time when good is called evil and evil is called good.... We need to be prepared for warfare. "

Any time a story is posted on nairaland about how a driver used his truck or vehicle to kill people, d question I always ask is what happened or what was done 2d driver? Most times, these stories are posted talking just about d victims just 4d sake of sensationalism, without raising awareness about d place of d law in such issues. Hence many cases of impunity go unaddressed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by bettercreature(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
lexy2014:

What is d other side of d story?
That is what we dont know
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by bugggg: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
Seconded... human rights will fight to finish.
grandstar:
If you're broke, contact a human rights organization to fight your case. You'll have to appeal. The drunk can kill or hurt others again and that's why I urge he be put behind bars.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by lexy2014: 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:
That is what we dont know

But we no that d driver was drunk& he killed a woman while driving. That's two offences already
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by bettercreature(m): 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
lexy2014:

But we no that d driver was drunk& he killed a woman while driving. That's two offences already
We dont know if the driver was drunk! What we know is that he killed his wife and we are not sure how he killed her
They have always put the blame on the driver whereas driver is not at fault 30% of time
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by 9jaRealist: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
Joromi12:
When we say jungle justice shud be served some go wail. Eda sun wey rey

HECK NO!

Do you even know the circumstances under which the woman died? Was she in another car? Was she on an Okada or on foot? If she was in another car or Okada, was her own driver licensed, drunk or otherwise at fault? You are already ready to serve so-called “jungle justice” without knowing what happened (and I personally do not know the details either since the husband did not share).

My views may not be popular in an emotionally-charged thread on an often rabble-rousing online forum, but we should be focusing our energies on the necessary hard work of fixing our institutions (including the justice system), rather than continuing to be a veritable ZOO where folks precipitously serve so-called “jungle justice” (in this instancd based on an understandably emotional one side of the story), even before asserting/verifying all of the facts. Unfortunately, it is this perchance to avoid doing the necessaries and rather cutting corners that leads folks to drive without bothering to get licensed and policemen to take bribes instead of doing the requisite leg work. It’s all CONNECTED!

Meanwhile, RIP SWEET ANGEL! Hopefully, justice will be served one way or another.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by lexy2014: 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:
We dont know if the driver was drunk! What we know is that he killed his wife and we are not sure how he killed her
They have always put the blame on the driver whereas driver is not at fault 30% of time

If u say that d driver killed d mans wife, then what are u defending or what case are u trying to make? How did u come about ur "30% of d time"?
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by ShawtCake(f): 1:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:
Ahhhh by a drunk driver?! Fear God now! I don't wish evil upon you but listen to the voice of reasoning. The fvcktard was drunk! Mehn.. That alone is an offence. cry kiss kiss RIP beautiful woman

3 Likes

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by bettercreature(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
ShawtCake:
Ahhhh by a drunk driver?! Fear God now! I don't wish evil upon you but listen to the voice of reasoning. The fvcktard was drunk! Mehn.. That alone is an offence. cry kiss kiss RIP beautiful woman
How did you know he was drunk? Were You there?
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by koladebrainiac(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
this is why people take law into their own hands.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by BanevsJoker(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:
Tell me what other side of this story will exonerate the drunk driver?

3 Likes

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by BanevsJoker(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
gypsey:
Just Shoot the Idiot Driver dead, and bribe your way out too. Simple! Case closed.
You might actually be making sense here. Obviously, the law has failed him. Law Abiding Citizen comes to mind. Gerald Butler I think it was.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by BrokenCock: 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
chinambusay:
A Nigerian man took to Facebook today to call for justice after a drunk unlicensed driver, killed his pregnant wife on Monday morning in Lagos. The Nigerian man who called for justice against the drunk unlicensed driver who killed his pregnant wife, said he cut his wife's life at her prime and also bribed his way out. Read his emotional post below; 

I once had everything. Absolutely pleased with what I had. A beautiful and loving wife, a darling daughter and a happy home. Someone ripped me. Took a whole part of me. He took my woman away. He took my source of joy. This beautiful angel was the reason I was a husband, the reason I am a Father. She was the reason I had a happy home. She was home. She was everything. Heaven sent. She could do no harm. She was pure! I can't move on. She could not see me hurt, she would put a fight for me. How would I look away when she wasn't just hurt, she was brutally killed.  I WANT JUSTICE. 

You were drunk on Monday morning, drove without a licence, and killed my wife with the pregnancy of our baby boy. You didn't try to brake, you didn't try to swerve, you just released the full force on her. And the justice system looked at all the fact of the case and still deemed it right to let you walk. Shame. Are we just left with lawlessness in this country? So anyone can just do an illegal act and take people's lives in the process and go freely as far as he can bribe his way through the law enforcement agents?You cut my wife's life at her prime. You destroyed my home. You denied my daughter her mother's love. And you denied our unborn child a chance at life. Am living a nightmare you can't imagine. And you will just walk and go back drinking and partying! This is so sad and unacceptable. Nigeria's justice system is sending a message to me, my daughter and all law abiding citizens that everyone's life is disposable. God please help me, I don't want my wife and my son to have died for nothing. Send help please. I need your intervention. I pray no one has to go through this. There has to be a deterrent so no one gets behind the wheels drunk.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/19/man-calls-for-justice-as-drunk-unlicensed-driver-is-freed-after-killing-pregnant-wife/

hr should come to Abuja and look for the human rights radio if he truly wants justice
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by safarigirl(f): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:

He should get manslaughter at least.

Drinking and driving is a far worse crime than an untimely crossing of the road. He was not in his senses, and if he didn't kill her, he could have killed someone else.

Your comment is heartless and does not excuse nor justify the loss of two lives.

3 Likes

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by bigcasava1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
Don't worry his own death will be more terrible than this. And it won't be long
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by safarigirl(f): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
bettercreature:
How did you know he was drunk? Were You there?
Are you the drunk driver that killed someone? Or have yoy been a hit and run driver? Is that why you are excusing the killing of a person?

It is homicide. If he was not drunk, it is even worse, because that makes this a murder, that means he had intent to kill. For the sake of the driver, I hope he was drunk.

May this evil never befall you or your loved ones, because it is easy to defend when you aren't directly affected.

2 Likes

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Davoski222: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hmmmmmmm....why am I suspicious of this story U didn't give the man's name or which law enforcement officers.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by AceRoyal: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
safarigirl:
Are you the drunk driver that killed someone? Or have yoy been a hit and run driver? Is that why you are excusing the killing of a person?

It is homicide. If he was not drunk, it is even worse, because that makes this a murder, that means he had intent to kill. For the sake of the driver, I hope he was drunk.

May this evil never befall you or your loved ones, because it is easy to defend when you aren't directly affected.
May God never allow me be in such a situation. But if I was this guy, Heaven knows I'll hunt and kill that guy no matter how long or what it takes. If he can bribe his way out of the law, then he would face the full wrath of the law from me! tongue

1 Like

Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Freeman59: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
fuckerstard:
Animal kingdom sef no worse reach 9ja..

With this kind of dunce around, we still have a lot to do.

Same thing I've been saying.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Denikayan: 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
[s]
Hamilton1:
Afonjas at it again
[/s]

You have epilepsy!
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by AHCB: 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
It is pretty obvious the judge collected bribe. If not, I don't see any reason why the driver will walk away from this. Someone who drove without a licence and was clearly under the influence of alcohol would have been trialed for manslaughter.

I keep saying it, everyday this country is telling us that it is a sin not to have money and be a law abiding citizen.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by sosa993: 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
So much pain from one post. I don't even know what to type.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2019
BanevsJoker:

You might actually be making sense here. Obviously, the law has failed him. Law Abiding Citizen comes to mind. Gerald Butler I think it was.
Absolutely!

It was Gerald butler.
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by ubongga(m): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
vry bad

Wanna learn how to make money from buying and selling data at a very cheap rate? Wanna learn how to start Cable subscription dealership? With as low as 1k, you can start this business today.

Follow the link below to join my Whatsapp group.
https:///KLaSV5PkdvB3WuMhLVNBKQ
Re: Drunk Driver Is Freed After Killing His Pregnant Wife. Man Calls For Justice by ogianyo(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
I'm deeply sorry for your bereavement. Get a good lawyer to do a petition to the human rights commission and the IGPs office. They will order a review of the casefile and get the slow wheels of justice moving again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Corpers Shot In Jos, Plateau Fresh Attack - Twitter User Claims / NSCDC Arrests Serial POS Fraudster In Kwara / Tenant Arrested For Murdering Landlord Over Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.