Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy (44689 Views)

Cardi B And Her Daughter, Kulture Kiari Cover Vogue Magazine 2020 Issue / Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior / Banky W Celebrates Adesua Etomi Featuring On Vogue Magazine Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Exponental(m): 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
LUCIFERMYLORD:
So this woman Never still get belle??
Anyways Banky has sacrificed her womb for his failed political ambition.
Not having a child after wedding if one desires have it's psychological impact. Don't add to it else, karma will visit you. Pls stop this insults.

2 Likes

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Akiika: 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
Realtord43:
Adesua shud shut up nd get pregnant, angry
Loser! what's your biz with that? are you her husband? The negativity around some of you is the real reason you don't progress in life.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by ADRIAN88(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
LUCIFERMYLORD:

this one done snif otapiapia.

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Exponental(m): 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
LUCIFERMYLORD:
When you know what it feels like to be insulted cos of childlessness, you will know how it feels not having a child. Pls never insult else Karma will visit you.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by hardefuck: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Omo see beauty smileyOmo see beauty

1 Like

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Memphitz537(m): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
BravoDe:

Who told u she can't act?
Not ur fault since u abandon ur country movie for foreign movies
Watch wedding party...ten days in sun city and many more like that
Maybe there is another meaning for ACT that I don't know

In all those movies Adesua starred in, you confidently say she can act,right??
No need arguing with someone with such a very low IQ as you.

2 Likes

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Fidelismaria: 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
Check my signature
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by PerseDew(f): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
Memphitz537:
My attention was particularly drawn to the lady that featured prominently in the said Vogue magazine cover. Her name is Léa Seydoux. She's a French model and actress. Her sojourn into Nollywood began when she played a one scene act only in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds in 2009. She then played another prominent role in Mission Impossible 4(Ghost Protocol) in 2011 and Her most recent role which put her on the Hollywood map was her being the Bond girl in the recent James Bond franchise "Spectre".......
Now,where am I driving at with this? Our very own Adesua's achievements CANNOT be compared to any of the models used on the cover of this magazine because she hasn't achieved anything significant in her career. Truth be told,Adesua CAN'T act. She just has a pretty face and that's where it ends.
Nothing more.

You say she can't act (to me is is moderate) but that is the case with so many A list actors local and International. Still, they grace covers of mags and win oscars. At least I have watched parts of the wedding party, but that 007 Spectre is just impossible to watch with Daniel Craig. Mind you I have watched almost all of 007.

Concerning the post, she is not blind..she knows her skin tone was darkened and her position in the pic looks some type of way. She most likely did not put her foot down cos it is Vogue.

1 Like

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Memphitz537:
My attention was particularly drawn to the lady that featured prominently in the said Vogue magazine cover. Her name is Léa Seydoux. She's a French model and actress. Her sojourn into Hollywood began when she played a one scene act only in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds in 2009. She then played another prominent role in Mission Impossible 4(Ghost Protocol) in 2011 and Her most recent role which put her on the Hollywood map was her being the Bond girl in the recent James Bond franchise "Spectre".......
Now,where am I driving at with this? Our very own Adesua's achievements CANNOT be compared to any of the models used on the cover of this magazine because she hasn't achieved anything significant in her career. Truth be told,Adesua CAN'T act. She just has a pretty face and that's where it ends.
Nothing more.
Learn to celebrate your own people. Infact, being on the vogue magazine is an achievement on it’s own. Though, the vogue is quite disappointing.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Chibex50(f): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
I don't know about inferior thou but I know she sure looks different in the magazine,,, one could hardly recognize her..
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by sosa993: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
Adesuwa, it's just a start. I understand how emotional she must feel from being compared to a slave. Baby Susu, rise above hate. There'll be more to come.

wink smiley
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Memphitz537(m): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

I am sure you meant to write “Hollywood”, nonetheless...

I don’t know what you personally do for a living, but hopefully you do not think that it is worthless or subpar because it is not being done in Oyiboland. The colonalized and subjugated mentality of the miseducated “repeat-after-me” African really needs to be detoxified. Do you know how many hundreds of millions of people Nollywood reaches across Africa, the diaspora and even as far afield as the Caribbean? Abegi, it is all well and good that she has gotten more global attention with the Vogue cover, but it is NOT necessary as a validation of her craft or appeal.

Thanks for the correction of my typographical error.
I agree with most of the points you made. Where I have a problem with most Nollywood actors and actresses is that they just CAN'T act. Let's be honest,there is no basis for comparing Adesua's achievements with that of Lea Seydoux. Mind you,it's very difficult for a French artist to cross over to Hollywood because of language barrier but she became prominent in less than 10 years. Why?? It's because she's a damn good actress.
Abeg make we stop to dey overhype all these our no talent having muthafuckaz we have as actors and actresses.

2 Likes

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
Memphitz537:
My attention was particularly drawn to the lady that featured prominently in the said Vogue magazine cover. Her name is Léa Seydoux. She's a French model and actress. Her sojourn into Hollywood began when she played a one scene act only in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds in 2009. She then played another prominent role in Mission Impossible 4(Ghost Protocol) in 2011 and Her most recent role which put her on the Hollywood map was her being the Bond girl in the recent James Bond franchise "Spectre".......
Nothing more.
Ur last statement tho...Bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Dinho20(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Criticism and the Success Formula
1) Get so much attention you start to get criticism.
2) Disregard the criticism and get more attention. (Never attack the haters).
3) Criticism will increase to new levels, even lies, increasing the amount of attention again.
4) Continue getting attention, disregarding the criticism, until admiration, at which point the haters will move on to pick another target (they always do)!The goal of criticism is almost never to actually help. When criticism does not offer a solution, it is always with the goal to reduce you and your efforts. Your success in the world is only limited by the amount of attention you can receive in the world! Lastly, the ‘haters’ don’t really hate you, at best they are threatened, envious and jealous. More accurately, they are being reminded of their inferior products and unwillingness to take the right amount of action to make their own projects successful! The little thinkers and doers come screaming from every crack and crevice the moment anyone starts to get attention for their projects and succeed! Negative responses are so predictable that you should actually use it as an indicator that you are starting to get the right amount of attention.“Little thinkers and little doers criticize in an effort to keep bigger thinkers and bigger doers small.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Memphitz537(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
Teemelanin:
Learn to celebrate your own people. Infact, being on the vogue magazine is an achievement on it’s own. Though, the vogue is quite disappointing.
It's not in my character to celebrate mediocre people.
Adesua reeks of mediocrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by d33types: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
hisexcellency34:
To all you haters, Adesua Etomi- Wellington is three weeks pregnant. I know because i am a family friend

In week 3 of pregnancy, you still won 't feel pregnant. That's because conception has either just happened, or is about to.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by MissRaine69(f): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
Well all know pretty sells magazines .....and Vogue is no different in that view.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by pagorino(m): 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Realtord43:
go impregnate her na. Muntula grin
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Memphitz537(m): 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
sherylbakky:
Ur last statement tho...Bitter truth
Na so,my brother. That's the problem most Nigerians have. They fuckin' HATE to admit the truth.....even if their lives depends on it.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Nobleman111(m): 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Fine Edo lady,this one no fit naked for instagram live
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Oothman(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
Memphitz537:
Nothing more.
she acted in one lesbian movie as well. "Blue is the warmest colour "
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Hermes019: 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
Memphitz537:
Nothing more.
You cannot talk of Lea seydoux without mentioning " blue is the warmest colour "
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by vickydevoka(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
loveinglistic:

Bro, you need to make money on NaijaBet and stop doing apuroko
Y dis ur 9ja bet olds small
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Liftme(f): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
Realtord43:
Have you womb watchers ever thought about the man having low sperm count or probably they aren't ready to have kids yet. Nigerians with stupid beliefs and attitude,womb watchers after marriage everywhere

Get pregnant before marriage,wahala
Get married, and belle never come, another wahala

1 Like

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by 9jaRealist: 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
Memphitz537:

Thanks for the correction of my typographical error.
I agree with most of the points you made. Where I have a problem with most Nollywood actors and actresses is that they just CAN'T act. Let's be honest,there is no basis for comparing Adesua's achievements with that of Lea Seydoux. Mind you,it's very difficult for a French artist to cross over to Hollywood because of language barrier but she became prominent in less than 10 years. Why?? It's because she's a damn good actress.
Abeg make we stop to dey overhype all these our no talent having muthafuckaz we have as actors and actresses.

Or is it because she is French? shocked

Not sure where you got the notion that French actresses have difficulty in crossing over to Hollywood (so long as they speak English), given that there have been scores of a French actresses in a Hollywood movies before even our parents were born - going back to such actresses as Bridget Bardot and Jeanne Moreau in the 1950s/60s. Even, as I write this, I can easily think of tons of French actresses currently starring in Hollwood just off the top of my head, such as Juliette Binoche, Eva Green, Sophie Marceau, Melanie Laurent, Audrey Flouret, Marion Cotillard, Elodie Fontan, Virginie Efira, and so many others. Heck, even the clumsy Gerard Depardieu once breathe the air of Hollywood royalty.

PS: Btw (and perhaps this should be a discourse for another day and topic), ‘acting’ in Nigerian/African movies should of necessity be different from ‘acting’ in Hollywood/Oyibo movies, because the natural mannerisms of Africans/Nigerians are considerably DIFFERENT from that of Oyibo.

1 Like

Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by tlops(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
Realtord43:
How is that your problem? Is she your in-law?
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Ceekay212: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
LUCIFERMYLORD:
Nairaland you are responsible for whatever is posted on your platform.....comments like this shouldn't be allowed
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by Fash20: 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
God please give me a woman that is as pretty as this woman.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by exnovio(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
One very decent woman i know.
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by chally100(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
YomzzyDBlogger:
Haters can hate but Susu didn't look inferior....she looked beautiful and unique in the photo shoot kiss
Haba Bros talk true na
Re: Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy by chally100(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
hisexcellency34:
To all you haters, Adesua Etomi- Wellington is three weeks pregnant. I know because i am a family friend
Oshey father of the baby

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Femi Adebayo's Nikkah Wedding / Chukwudi, Bright Chimezie’s Son Called To Bar (Photo) / M.I And Vector Settle long term Beef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.