Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague (39980 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
This would never have happened if a woman was the pilot. Men are too careless.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by kaen1317: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
Countries that don't have national carrier are not allowed to comment on this thread. Nigerias national carrier was on paper but now in dustbin. We should be commenting on road accidents only

7 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by kaen1317: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
Countries that don't have national carrier are not allowed to comment on this thread. Nigerias national carrier was on paper but now in dustbin. We should be commenting on road accidents only.

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by mistyebby(f): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
Let them ensure the insurance claims are paidangry
What negligence angry

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Beautyaddy: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2019
Not surprised about this.

One of the US majors airlines, Southwest Airlines has most of its fleets as the B737 max 8...I guess their pilots must have been more trained on this particular aircraft software.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
But he had flown it severally

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by yuanexchanger: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
no wonder
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by kayjay69(m): 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2019
I wont be surprised if Boeing have gotten to the deceased Pilot's colleague. As usual their aim would be to deflect attention away from them and pin it on pilot error, I am not an expert on airplanes but pertinent questions to ask are,

Did the deceased fly any other 737?

Is it similar to flying the Max version?

Was that the first time the deceased flew a Boeing Aircraft ?(cos I know Boeing Cockpit layout is totally different from that of Airbus and Ethiopian Airlines operates both aircraft lines)

Does a lack of training on a 737 Max simulator account for a barely 1 year old plane suddenly nose diving 8 mins after take off?

It is clear that Boeing has something going on with that aircraft and they'd rather put profit ahead of safety.

oluchisimfred:
The pilot who flew the Ethiopian airlines Boeing 737 MAX which crashed was reportedly untrained with the simulator, as claimed by his colleague. According to the deceased's colleague, 29-year-old Yared Getachew, who was the pilot of the Ethiopian Airline Boeing 737 MAX which crashed was untrained on 737 MAX simulator, as he was reportedly due for a  refresher training at the end of March. This training was scheduled to hold, two months after Ethiopian Airlines had received the simulator. 

The March 10 crash alongside the MAX 8 crash in Indonesia in October, reportedly set off one of the biggest inquiries in the aviation history. NAN reported that inquiries focused on whether pilots were sufficiently versed on a new automated systems, as in both cases, the pilots lost control soon after take-off and fought a losing battle to stop their jets plunging down.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/21/ethiopian-airline-crash-pilot-was-untrained-on-737-max-simulator-colleague-claims/

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Num07033711115(m): 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2019
Rip to lost life
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Rollitout: 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2019
So he doesn't have a driver's license to fly a plane
Henceforth all pilot must show me their drivers license b4 I enter the plane. Lol did I just said drivers license ?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
I WILL SLAP EVERYBODY COMMENTING RUBBISH

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Noble855: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2019
xincxx3295:
Those people posting this MTN bonus recharge card and free data are purely SCAMMERS. GOD will punish you guys. Nairalanders, please don't listen to their post. They are SCAMMERS AND THIEF

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Luizkid(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Na wa o, they should have hanged 'L' on the plane na so we know.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by b33ordhun: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Why will they allow that small boy to fly that big plane in the first place??

Wizkid vs You.

Age is just a number.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Kylekent59: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
The pilot now to be blamed hmmm undecided

it's not his first time to fly.

Remember the plane nose downed, anything nose down is a mechanical/ engine failure which would result in reduction of power, and not pilot.

Nonsense excuse

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2019
chloride6:
Was the pilot on the plane that previously crashed also untrained?
I wonder oo. Or was it the first time the pilot would fly a plane in that category and of that particular model?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by announcement: 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
shocked
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by KidFromForeign(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
A higher percentage of plane crashes in history are as a result of pilot error.
Just a sad loss...
Really..

You knew it..

Was the Colleague with them in the crashed Aircraft?

Better wait for official report from the Black Box Analysis before jumping to conclusions..

This is obviously a hatchet job from Boeing..

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by announcement: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
U guys can now see?. I said it before but many wouldn't agree with me. Are d pilots well trained to handle this new version of plane irrespective of thousand of hours already logged by the pilot.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nickizoe(f): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
madridsta007:

Boeing has started to do what big manufacturers do, that is find a way to pin the crash or defect on the human- the dead pilot.
They have been trying to slip in the "pilot error" argument into the conversations so they get away from the numerous costly lawsuits and bills to pay to the relatives of the dead and to the airlines of the now grounded 737 Max. Suddenly, a "colleague" turns up. Expect many more to turn up.
Sadly in this case, the Lion Air crash in Indonesia has similar flight patterns to the crashed Ethiopian Airliner. So Boeing has to come up with two lies. Similar, matching lies.

That's just so silly of them.
Blaming the dead.
They're just looking for an excuse so that their planes would be back to air in no time.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by KidFromForeign(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2019
announcement:
U guys can now see?. I said it before but many wouldn't agree with me. Are d pilots well trained to handle this new version of plane irrespective of thousand of hours logged by the pilot.
Conjectures..

Nothing else..

Only the black box can tell what happened..

Any other conclusions are tales by moonlight..

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by wink2015(m): 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
oluchisimfred:
The pilot who flew the Ethiopian airlines Boeing 737 MAX which crashed was reportedly untrained with the simulator, as claimed by his colleague. According to the deceased's colleague, 29-year-old Yared Getachew, who was the pilot of the Ethiopian Airline Boeing 737 MAX which crashed was untrained on 737 MAX simulator, as he was reportedly due for a  refresher training at the end of March. This training was scheduled to hold, two months after Ethiopian Airlines had received the simulator. 

The March 10 crash alongside the MAX 8 crash in Indonesia in October, reportedly set off one of the biggest inquiries in the aviation history. NAN reported that inquiries focused on whether pilots were sufficiently versed on a new automated systems, as in both cases, the pilots lost control soon after take-off and fought a losing battle to stop their jets plunging down.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/21/ethiopian-airline-crash-pilot-was-untrained-on-737-max-simulator-colleague-claims/

I thought as much.

This pilot is very inexperienced to fly this plane.

But I equally think the max plane have so many drawbacks compared to other plane.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by openmine(m): 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
A good excuse for a "fall guy"
Some one must take the hit to secure the ineptitude of other favored officials!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Tywo2018: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2019
Not about age once you are qualified you are ok no matter the size
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by lordswill03: 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
These are lies from pit of hell to salvage the banned aircraft!

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nickizoe:
Bullshit..Was that same thing that happened to Lion Air? Was the pilot untrained too? Almost all planes now are computer based, so Boeing shouldn't give us that excuse at all. By the way, you knew the pilot was untrained, still you let him flew the jet huh?

I'm happy they have grounded all the 737 max 8&9...We are yet to hear from France to know exactly what happened inside the cockpit.
Boeing is at fault but so is Ethiopian with that half trained pilot. The same issue with Lion, they did not perform proper maintenance and their pilot(s) were not trained sufficiently.
Boeing makes/sells/supports these planes. They do not manage individual airline operations.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by BabaO2: 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
Just a sad loss...
This is a stupid excuse, the aircraft model has bug. Was that his flrst flight of the aircraft. Do you needed to be specifically trained for different model of Toyota cars or Honda cars to drive them?

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by martineverest(m): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
Just a sad loss...
all pilots complained about the systematic change in the brand of planes....it's not pilot error..the error is from Boeing

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by jude33084(m): 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
Just a sad loss...

Nonsense

Please stop this!

You are not in the aviation industry angry
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by bluecircle470: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
Shelumiel:
These are excuses ; not reasons .

You wey be engineer give reasons nah....
MUMU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policemen Push Vehicle That Broke Down On Lagos Highway / Man Driving His Car In Lekki On 3 Tyres Only (video) / Enugu First Flyover Was Badly Planned & Implemented (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.