Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague (40261 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by agarawu23(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
The Asia pilot of same place was untrained too? Boeing should know what's really wrong with that particular model. Two accidents can't be pilots fault
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by blackmann(m): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
agarawu23:
The Asia pilot of same place was untrained too? Boeing should know what's really wrong with that particular model. Two accidents can't be pilots fault

Exactly my point. It seems to be a problem with the new MCAS system installed in the planes autopilot.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nickizoe(f): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
jude33084:

It was AOA error not pilot error

Boeing is a gonna
They will soon disappear like the Concord and dreamline .

Airbus should just situp.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
Na im be say before person sit inside plane, Na to ask d crew "abeg na who be the pilot? Una get d experience so? Una sure say una understand all the press press wey dey una front so? Jejely kneel down beg oga pilot and crew, abeg I get family for house. Make una no let dis plane fall for ground na beg I dey beg una".

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by agarawu23(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
blackmann:

Exactly my point. It seems to be a problem with the new MCAS system installed in the planes autopilot.
i am sure they will fix it especially when countries have hold the orders of the aircraft.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by iswallker(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
A higher percentage of plane crashes in history are as a result of pilot error.
Just a sad loss...

Ethiopian will take the fall for this..

I thought something as flimsy as a sensor sending wrong signals and plane nosediving can't be an issue with a Boeing..all possible scenarios would have been tested and how to respond to them. Except you don't have the training.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Orangina(m): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2019
i know how pilots resemble but for this one , not like a pilot.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by blackmann(m): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2019
iswallker:

Ethiopian will take the fall for this..

I thought something as flimsy as a sensor sending wrong signals and plane nosediving can't be an issue with a Boeing..all possible scenarios would have been tested and how to respond to them. Except you don't have the training.

You call a faulty sensor flimsy? This sensor sent wrong data to the autopilot which put the plane in a dive. So long as it is wrong info, the plane will do exactly what it was programmed to do. Any pilot can pull a plane out of a dive. That's one of the first things they learn during flight school. The problem occurs when despite all efforts,the plane refuses to respond to your command because of the erroneous data being sent. It's a plane were talking about, not a car.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by sucre2(m): 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
That small boy has over 8000 flying hours as a pilot.

MyVILLAGEpeople:
Why will they allow that small boy to fly that big plane in the first place??
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Tblanre: 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
We all know that after a plane crash they always try to pin it on the pilot...Not cool. This story is crap!!!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by gcof(m): 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
They now want to pin there error on the innocent pilot...well that’s what big companies do to save their business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
Just a sad loss...
Lol, u think the Americans will agree it's their fault. How does two brand new aircraft of the same make crash within six months and you blame the pilots. Do u have sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Hoodbilonia: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
I culdmt just imagine the yellings and screams of ppl trapped about to die on that plane
Fuc
Its horrible
Fuc
God bless the dead
Its so scary. Knowing u dying in a few seconds
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
ikombe:
Is like this people are mad. And they allowed an amateur to fly a plane meant for pros.

But i doubt if thats his first time flying that plane that has been in existence for over a year now sad
The pilot was not an amateur.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
announcement:
U guys can now see?. I said it before but many wouldn't agree with me. Are d pilots well trained to handle this new version of plane irrespective of thousand of hours already logged by the pilot.
You don't just have sense, it's almost impossible for new aircraft to crash, but when two new aircraft crash within six months, you don't need a prophet to tell you there's something wrong with the plane. When almost all country has grounded the plane Boeing would go to any length to protect their business, including blaming the dead pilot.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
lefulefu:
Ahaaa! Wat i suspected all along. So he was untrained to fly the new airbus but he was still compelled to fly it by his superiors. Heads ought to roll on this revelation.
Shut up, that was not his first time flying the plane, the pilot has more than 2000 hrs of flying experience, Boeing will do anything to protect their name, you should be mature enough to know this. How does two brand new plane crash within 6 month.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Femeto: 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
midnighter:

So how will they sell new models. Even if it means installing pointless updates
Then they would keep crashing.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by salford: 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
I knew it!
Just a sad loss...
its a combination of both. why should the plane itself be sending erroneous signal to the computer that the plane is stalling when it isn't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by midnighter(f): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
Femeto:
Then they would keep crashing.

I really hope not!!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by midnighter(f): 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
Some people here are doing exactly what Boeing wanted. Which is to blame the pilot for a glitch in their software that they refused to fix.

And because its a 3rd world african country, they will do their best to make Ethiopian Airlines look as _stupid as possible to shield themselves from the glare of popular media and save their skin.

As someone here said, we dont even have a national carrier, now we're saying rubbish about another country's pilot without any evidence

That he's young or whatever doesnt mean the stuff is his fault. He had thousands of miles' worth of experience

Just because this country wants people to be 65 years old before they have a decent job or assume a normal responsibility

Gerontocracy is bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Sufisunni: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
oluchisimfred:
The pilot who flew the Ethiopian airlines Boeing 737 MAX which crashed was reportedly untrained with the simulator, as claimed by his colleague. According to the deceased's colleague, 29-year-old Yared Getachew, who was the pilot of the Ethiopian Airline Boeing 737 MAX which crashed was untrained on 737 MAX simulator, as he was reportedly due for a  refresher training at the end of March. This training was scheduled to hold, two months after Ethiopian Airlines had received the simulator. 

The March 10 crash alongside the MAX 8 crash in Indonesia in October, reportedly set off one of the biggest inquiries in the aviation history. NAN reported that inquiries focused on whether pilots were sufficiently versed on a new automated systems, as in both cases, the pilots lost control soon after take-off and fought a losing battle to stop their jets plunging down.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/21/ethiopian-airline-crash-pilot-was-untrained-on-737-max-simulator-colleague-claims/

Nonsense from a Nigerian blogger! The investigation is still ongoing, but you twisted the story in order to play to public gallery. Experts all over the world are complaining about 737 Max including FAA. FAA just said it never independently certified the plane, that it relied on what Boeing experts said because it had no enough fund to do the necessary checking then. After the Lion Air and Ethiopia airline crashes, different countries independently checked the plane and came to a conclusion that the plane has problem and therefore grounded it. USA's pilots have documented their problems with the plane in FAA database since last year. FAA had since lion Air crashed mandated Boeing to upgrade MCAS SOFTWARE with a deadline of April. If all is well, why asking Boeing to upgrade the software. Captain Yared has 8000 hours flight experience and has been flying 737 Max!!

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by nemeomire: 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
Damage control. You can't tell me that. There is no how boeing can allow an untrained personnel to drive. Not possible. It's pure manufacture error

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by gift2xl: 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
En de tes lunnam.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Bluffly: 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
ikombe:
Is like this people are mad. And they allowed an amateur to fly a plane meant for pros.

But i doubt if thats his first time flying that plane that has been in existence for over a year now sad
He isn't an amateur. The problem was lack of full aquintance with the Max 8 that do nosedive in the attempt to balance. Even in the US, manuals have not been fully circulated. The Pilot has 8000 flying hours including Previous 737 before the max 8

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Collinsanele: 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
I don't believe it was the ineptitude of the pilots. Ethiopia has one of the best aviation schools in the world. I blame Boeing for designing a new technology totally different from known technologies. I read in an article that it was their new over sabi anti-stall system.
I'm still waiting for what ever findings they get from the black box.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Krakboi(m): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
� Then don guy this one
Noble855:
Those people posting this MTN bonus recharge card and free data are purely SCAMMERS. GOD will punish you guys. Nairalanders, please don't listen to their post. They are SCAMMERS AND THIEF
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by NigeriaDecides: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2019
Guy. Can't you read and comprehend? He's not amateur but yet to be trained with simulator to fly the new MAX plane.

ikombe:

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by UncletC: 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
ikombe:

Always read before you comment..... the simulation sensor used by this Ethiopian airline was installed 2 months ago and you are talking of a year now..... once again, always read over lines
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by SuperIgbo1(m): 12:00am On Mar 22, 2019
The engine modification of the 737 Boeing aircraft was the major cause of the crash. The engine was modified to consume lesser petrol. The new engine saves up to 14% petrol of what the older engine required.

I think the modified engine is bigger than the older one hence, it forced the nose of the aircraft downwards. Application of the stimulator could have maintained the right position of the aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 22, 2019
charliboy654:

Shut up, that was not his first time flying the plane, the pilot has more than 2000 hrs of flying experience, Boeing will do anything to protect their name, you should be mature enough to know this. How does two brand new plane crash within 6 month.
the late pilot's colleague has already said the late pilot was not trained in the new boeing 737 simulator. Yes he could be able to handle a boeing but would have being a little ignorant on how to handle an upgraded one due to the advanced gadgets in it. Its clear the plane crash was more of a human error than a mechanical one. Anyway i had believe what the late pilot's colleague will have to say cos he was the one who was working together with him.pilots make mistakes all the time and especially with airbuses a bit unfamiliar to them or if they are exhausted so why u yelling as if pilots dont make mistakes. Or are u a pilot urself?

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 22, 2019
charliboy654:
Shut up,
come and shut me up
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 22, 2019
SuperIgbo1:
The engine modification of the 737 Boeing aircraft was the major cause of the crash. The engine was modified to consume lesser petrol. The new engine saves up to 14% petrol of what the older engine required.

I think the modified engine is bigger than the older one hence, it forced the nose of the aircraft downwards. Application of the stimulator could have maintained the right position of the aircraft.
Application of the simulator would have taught the pilots on how to handle the aircraft when the nose goes downwards. Maybe this can explain why this brand of aircraft is yet to crash in america and canada.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Golf Involved In Accident In Zamfara, Victims Need To Be Identified / Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) / 9 Wedding Guests Die In Edo Road Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.