Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,327 members, 7,957,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague (40268 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Victoria25(f): 12:20am On Mar 22, 2019
Hard it mean the plane didn't crash,You will not be hearing this. Abegi.........may there soul's RIP
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 22, 2019
midnighter:
Some people here are doing exactly what Boeing wanted. Which is to blame the pilot for a glitch in their software that they refused to fix.

And because its a 3rd world african country, they will do their best to make Ethiopian Airlines look as _stupid as possible to shield themselves from the glare of popular media and save their skin.

As someone here said, we dont even have a national carrier, now we're saying rubbish about another country's pilot without any evidence

That he's young or whatever doesnt mean the stuff is his fault. He had thousands of miles' worth of experience

Just because this country wants people to be 65 years old before they have a decent job or assume a normal responsibility

Gerontocracy is bad
even if eithiopian airline is bad it is still far far far better and advanced than any airline company operating in nigeria. We dont want to be talking about all these dead flying jalopeys operating in nigeria that we call aircrafts.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by SuperIgbo1(m): 12:29am On Mar 22, 2019
lefulefu:
Application of the simulator would have taught the pilots on how to handle the aircraft when the nose goes downwards. Maybe this can explain why this brand of aircraft is yet to crash in america and canada.

Maybe the pilot, truly had not been trained on how to use the simulator, prior to the time he flew the 727 Boeing.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 22, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Maybe the pilot, truly had not been trained on how to use the simulator, prior to the time he flew the 727 Boeing.
exactly
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 22, 2019
lefulefu:
the late pilot's colleague has already said the late pilot was not trained in the new boeing 737 simulator. Yes he could be able to handle a boeing but would have being a little ignorant on how to handle an upgraded one due to the advanced gadgets in it. Its clear the plane crash was more of a human error than a mechanical one. Anyway i had believe what the late pilot's colleague will have to say cos he was the one who was working together with him.pilots make mistakes all the time and especially with airbuses a bit unfamiliar to them or if they are exhausted so why u yelling as if pilots dont make mistakes. Or are u a pilot urself?
How does two brand new boeing max 8 crash within six months, come on use ur head, think. You are sounding to naive, seems u work for boeing or they paying u or something, u can't be that daft.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 22, 2019
lefulefu:
the late pilot's colleague has already said the late pilot was not trained in the new boeing 737 simulator. Yes he could be able to handle a boeing but would have being a little ignorant on how to handle an upgraded one due to the advanced gadgets in it. Its clear the plane crash was more of a human error than a mechanical one. Anyway i had believe what the late pilot's colleague will have to say cos he was the one who was working together with him.pilots make mistakes all the time and especially with airbuses a bit unfamiliar to them or if they are exhausted so why u yelling as if pilots dont make mistakes. Or are u a pilot urself?
How does two brand new boeing max 8 crash within six months, come on use ur head, think. You are sounding to naive, seems u work for boeing or they paying u or something, u can't be that daft.
apple, Microsoft, Boeing, these big companies will do anything to protect their name. That was not the pilot first time of flying the max 8 plane. He was already an experience pilot. Pilots in America were already complaining about the plane.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by midnighter(f): 6:35am On Mar 22, 2019
lefulefu:
even if eithiopian airline is bad it is still far far far better and advanced than any airline company operating in nigeria. We dont want to be talking about all these dead flying jalopeys operating in nigeria that we call aircrafts.

Lol, youre telling me

Well thats because of our bad character, not that we cant do as well as Ethiopia or maybe better, if we tried
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by bluecircle470: 6:40am On Mar 22, 2019
Shelumiel:
You're just as stupid as your name .

Zombie like you no even fit throw jab grin grin
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Triniti(m): 6:58am On Mar 22, 2019
ikombe:
Is like this people are mad. And they allowed an amateur to fly a plane meant for pros.

But i doubt if thats his first time flying that plane that has been in existence for over a year now sad
you called him an amateur? With 8,000 flying hours? Do you know what it means to fly an airplane for 8000 hours? Maybe it’s the guys age deceiving you.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by SkiddyDoc: 7:34am On Mar 22, 2019
kaen1317:
Countries that don't have national carrier are not allowed to comment on this thread. Nigerias national carrier was on paper but now in dustbin. We should be commenting on road accidents only

You are so on point...
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by showafrica(m): 8:30am On Mar 22, 2019
Hezzyluv:
so sad 157 persons passed away due to negligence. I.e " Nothing dey happen" I thought carelessness was manufactured/customized in Nigeria

Yes Nigeria is head quater
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by announcement: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2019
charliboy654:

You don't just have sense, it's almost impossible for new aircraft to crash, but when two new aircraft crash within six months, you don't need a prophet to tell you there's something wrong with the plane. When almost all country has grounded the plane Boeing would go to any length to protect their business, including blaming the dead pilot.

MUST U INSULT ME B4 U DRIVE HOME YOUR POINT? YOU TOO NEED TRAINING ON HOW TO TALK BEFORE YOU CRASH LIKE BOEING 737MAX AND START BLAMING GOD FOR YOUR FAILURE IN LIFE OR FOR NOT MANUFACTURING U PERFECTLY................. PEACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by iswallker(m): 8:45am On Mar 22, 2019
blackmann:

You call a faulty sensor flimsy? This sensor sent wrong data to the autopilot which put the plane in a dive. So long as it is wrong info, the plane will do exactly what it was programmed to do. Any pilot can pull a plane out of a dive. That's one of the first things they learn during flight school. The problem occurs when despite all efforts,the plane refuses to respond to your command because of the erroneous data being sent. It's a plane were talking about, not a car.

A faulty sensor is not in itself flimsy, but for a plane manufacturer of Boeing's stature, they would have tested all possible scenarios of faulty sensor and how to respond to it; more so when a plane took a dive less than 6 months ago. Read and understand me.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 22, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Why will they allow that small boy to fly that big plane in the first place??
A boy who has years and thousands of hours of flying experience, a boy who is a Captain?? Do you hear yourself? Like do you know what it means to be a flight Captain?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 22, 2019
midnighter:

Lol, youre telling me

Well thats because of our bad character, not that we cant do as well as Ethiopia or maybe better, if we tried
it has more to do with the high endemic corruption and lack of good management practices in nigeria than bad charactercheesy. Thats why no nigerian brand business enterprise hardly thrives.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2019
Hezzyluv:
so sad 157 persons passed away due to negligence. I.e " Nothing dey happen" I thought carelessness was manufactured/customized in Nigeria
biko nigeria is in a special class of its own when it comes to carelessness and negligence.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by midnighter(f): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2019
lefulefu:
it has more to do with the high endemic corruption and lack of good management practices in nigeria than bad charactercheesy. Thats why no nigerian brand business enterprise hardly thrives.

Lol we just said the same thing. Dont all those things you said indicate a faulty national character? your own is just more detailed than mine cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by MistadeRegal(m): 10:40am On Mar 22, 2019
salford:

its a combination of both. why should the plane itself be sending erroneous signal to the computer that the plane is stalling when it isn't.

OK bro...
I got you.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by MistadeRegal(m): 10:42am On Mar 22, 2019
iswallker:

Ethiopian will take the fall for this..

I thought something as flimsy as a sensor sending wrong signals and plane nosediving can't be an issue with a Boeing..all possible scenarios would have been tested and how to respond to them. Except you don't have the training.

OK…
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by MistadeRegal(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=Jiang post=76866433][/quote]

But you could have been polite and not result everything to insult.
But thanks all the same... That's just how best you know to interact.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by MistadeRegal(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2019
martineverest:
all pilots complained about the systematic change in the brand of planes....it's not pilot error..the error is from Boeing

OK.
I'm enlightened.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by MistadeRegal(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

Oga, Boeing did not train pilots or give them heads up on what to do when that plane stalls. It is not about that pilot, Getachew.

Thanks you.
But a simple explanation could have been quite better.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Hezzyluv: 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2019
lefulefu:
biko nigeria is in a special class of its own when it comes to carelessness and negligence.

Perhaps, PhD/MSC in carelessness.
gringrin
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by ikombe: 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
Triniti:
you called him an amateur? With 8,000 flying hours? Do you know what it means to fly an airplane for 8000 hours? Maybe it’s the guys age deceiving you.
UncletC:

Always read before you comment..... the simulation sensor used by this Ethiopian airline was installed 2 months ago and you are talking of a year now..... once again, always read over lines
NigeriaDecides:
Guy. Can't you read and comprehend? He's not amateur but yet to be trained with simulator to fly the new MAX plane.

Bluffly:

He isn't an amateur. The problem was lack of full aquintance with the Max 8 that do nosedive in the attempt to balance. Even in the US, manuals have not been fully circulated. The Pilot has 8000 flying hours including Previous 737 before the max 8
charliboy654:

The pilot was not an amateur.
shukudi:

Who is the amateur?
Who are the pros?
Ur mumu wear fez cap.
Neoteny:

Not an amateur.

Boeing updated their attitude control system and did not update pilot manuals, and this pilot was not trained on the new system by the airline.

It's Like all this one who quoted me is mad angry

Someone who is not trained for an update on a plane, and is allowed to fly a plane which has an update already. Pls is that person not an amateur To the update angry

None of you should vex me oh

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Johnsainty(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2019
I don't pray to get on an airplane.... I hate that thing. grin
Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by Neoteny(m): 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
ikombe:

It's Like all this one who quoted me is mad angry

Someone who is not trained for an update on a plane, and is allowed to fly a plane which has an update already. Pls is that person not an amateur To the update angry

None of you should vex me oh

Fukk off you ignorant fukk

Go and learn what amateur is....which is what you are when it comes to common sense.

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague by blackmann(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2019
Just watched this a few days ago. Opened my eyes dramatically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytfYyHmxtc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Golf Involved In Accident In Zamfara, Victims Need To Be Identified / More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way / Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.