Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: (2395 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mobileowowa: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,

What does the outcome of Justice Walter Onnoghen Means:

The Federal Government on Thursday closed its case of false and non-declaration of charges preferred against the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

Although, the prosecution led by Mr. Aliyu Umar (SAN) had proposed to call six witnesses to prove its case against the defendant, it closed its case after calling three of them.

Umar announced his decision to close the prosecution’s case after the third witness, Ifeoma Okeagbue, an official of Standard Chartered Bank, concluded her testimony on Thursday.

The prosecuting counsel said he had chosen to offer to the defence team the rest of his proposed witnesses, three of them, who were not called by the prosecution.

But the lead defence counsel, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), rejected the offer.

He then sought the permission of the three-man bench led by its Chairman, Danladi Umar, to consult with the defendant who was seated in the dock.

After a brief interaction with the suspended CJN, Awomolo announced that Onnoghen had opted to file a no-case submission, implying that the defence will contend that the prosecution has failed to make a case against the defendant and there will not be any need for the suspended CJN to enter his defence.

Disclaimer

News from Punchnews

https://punchng.com/fg-closes-case-against-onnoghen/
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by jowhyte(m): 5:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hmmm
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mystick: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
So with all this gra gra FG no get case. The defense team just discovered FG has no case.
The man was just removed because he is not a northerner and Buhari suspected he will not tour his path.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by MistadeRegal(m): 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
undecided
What about that plane loaded with cash that couldn't take off due to the overloading/ladening?
Why is EFCC silent on the issue and yet bothering and chasing Onnoghen around?

angry
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by curiobling: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
congratulations to my dear Walter Onoghen. evil never prevail over good I can see the end of APC in view

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by senatordave1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
curiobling:
congratulations to my dear Walter Onoghen. evil never prevail over good I can see the end of APC in view
He will never be cjn again
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by IamJames: 6:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
It means they had no case to begin with, it was all propaganda and also pick Tribunal judges that will work for them.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by SarkinYarki: 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
[quote author=senatordave1 post=76863254]
He will never be cjn again[/quote

He is still the CJN]
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by enm(m): 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

Better. The best thing to do is to walk away and stay clear of Nigeria matter and enjoy his time with his family but the patriotic spirit in me saying don't give up on Nigeria yet.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by alizma: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2019
MistadeRegal:
undecided
What about that plane loaded with cash that couldn't take off due to the overloading/ladening?

angry
because there is no case against the owner of the plane
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by tuniski: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

Why?
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by senatordave1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
tuniski:

Why?
Its self explanatory
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mobileowowa: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
Well, he could be reinstated.
senatordave1:

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mobileowowa: 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
I think he should go back to his office. Resume back to work. But I suspect EFCC sha they can find another matter around his neck.
enm:

Better. The best thing to do is to walk away and stay clear of Nigeria matter and enjoy his time with his family but the patriotic spirit in me saying don't give up on Nigeria yet.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mobileowowa: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2019
That plane money and Bola Tinubu Bullion Van matter would never see the broad daylight as long as Buhari still remains in Power
MistadeRegal:
undecided

angry
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by mistyebby(f): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Mystick:
So with all this gra gra FG no get case. The defense team just discovered FG has no case.
The man was just removed because he is not a northern and Buhari suspected he will not tour his path.

All my grievances with this govt is best to be unleashed on its supporters.

They are wicked angry

1 Like

Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mobileowowa: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2019
My dear the most foolish of supporters that don't get paid and still paddle falsehood...none of them can say a word. FG had 6 witnesses but brought 3, later choose to close the case they lack evidence. Even the CCT s even threatening Journalist
mistyebby:

All my grievances with this govt is best to be unleashed on its supporters.

They are wicked angry
Re: What Does The Outcome Of Justice Walter Onnoghen CCT Means Today: by Mobileowowa: 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2019

(1) (Reply)

The First Woman ADC To A Governor In The History Of This Country / If You Fail In Life Stop Blaming Nigeria Blame Yourself / Ikonsos Wife Abandoned: Ipob Must Clear Up This Allegation(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.