Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor (8460 Views)

Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked / Governor Adeleke Inspects Osogbo-Ikirun-Kwara Boundary Road (Pictures) / Fayemi Honours Outstanding Youths In Ekiti, Awards Prizes For Essay Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by agabusta: 8:01am On Mar 22, 2019
three:
Sorry did I read wrong? Is this for a 7.2km road or a bridge?

N7.2B FG did 100km Taraba Road for N5.3B!!

This dude has started again....

You need to compare both project designs before alledging foul play.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by skukimania(f): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2019
agabusta:

I need both states to team up and dualise the Akure - Ado road. This will be a strategic intervention that will spread developments to the fringe townships between both states.

And interestingly, the road is a federal road, which means they can still claim their money back from the FG.

I really don’t understand why both Ekiti and Ondo states are not looking in this direction all along.

But Ado-Ikere, which is Ekiti boundary is dualized. Ondo can then start from Iju now.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by agabusta: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2019
skukimania:

But Ado-Ikere, which is Ekiti boundary is dualized. Ondo can then start from Iju now.

You are right. Ondo state govt has been slacking in this regard

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by skukimania(f): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2019
rfnextar8:
IKERE to akure road is also very important, please don't forget this Mr governor

Ikere to Akure as how? Iju that is the next town to Ikere is under Ondo state. You mean he should leave other parts of Ekiti and face Ondo state? That's Akeredolu's job I beg.!
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by samsard(m): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2019
panpan:
N8.9 billion for 7.25 km of road, that is N1.2 billion per km - is the cost right?
I thought I was the only one that noticed the absurd cost.
At first I thought maybe it's 72 not 7.2
chai!
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by maxzzo1(m): 8:09am On Mar 22, 2019
That cash is huge o...APC don come again
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by jericco1(m): 8:11am On Mar 22, 2019
with kick back of 8billion. SMH
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 22, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
This is what we want in south west of Nigeria . Infrastructural Development here and there and not the government of embezzelment and bread sharing.

APC is half Yoruba party, created to serve Yoruba agenda. PDP was created by the Hausas so it can serve them and so they can remain in the corridor of power. The Ibo has their APGA too but they abandon it completely then hijack PDP.

Now they want to force that PDP on us. We have different ideas, ambitions, interest etc.
They just can't see clearly it seems.
stop being a tribal bigot. What would you say of the pdp that won in Ondo and oyo in the presidential polls...taking back oyo guber and national assembly? I wish adeleke good luck in his petition and if he loses, another 4 years wouldn't be the same in osun because people are wiser now. Akeredolu of Ondo wont do a second term, except he defects to the pdp because the pdp will take over the state in the next guber polls. I pray God backs the kano pdp guy and he wins tomorrow so that the APC's rigging secret at the presidential polls would be revealed for the world to see. Even a sane being knew osun was massively rigged for the apc, using army and police, same with Ekiti. Tinubu is our problem in yorubaland and his hands would soon fall completely. He has a share in the ekiti road contracts unfortunately, no single kobo would enter your pocket as a die hard apc supporter. He's the master election rigger of all time and he's not hiding it. I wonder why you guys didn't give it a thought for once, that those attacking the pdp who are in the apc now also migrated from the same pdp. Some have returned while some others stayed put in the apc. They shared in the blame because they almost ran down the party. Somebody like Amaechi shouldn't be talking in public today.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by darecool(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2019
panpan:
N8.9 billion for 7.25 km of road, that is N1.2 billion per km - is the cost right?
I was more cinfused when i saw "dualization" at over N1billion per kilometer. These politicians hate this country.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by olagbola45(m): 8:31am On Mar 22, 2019
awelekiti:
very wrong. He's just looking for ways of recovering the funds he spent during elections. Moreover, same boundary roads and those mentioned in the above report were awarded by fayemi when he first came, from efon alaaye to erinmo ijesha boundsry point. What happened to it in less than 10 years? He needs to be probed. No governor...I repeat, no governor ever ruled ekiti had constructed roads like fayose. The records are there and to those apc boys showering praises on fayemi, kudos to you. We the Ekiti people know better.
Alabosi
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
This is what we want in south west of Nigeria . Infrastructural Development here and there and not the government of embezzelment and bread sharing.

APC is half Yoruba party, created to serve Yoruba agenda. PDP was created by the Hausas so it can serve them and so they can remain in the corridor of power. The Ibo has their APGA too but they abandon it completely then hijack PDP.

All this is totally unnecessary, stop creating enemy. If APC fvck up we are going to dump them for other party but it may not be PDP

All this is totally unnecessary and senseless, stop the hatred

Now they want to force that PDP on us. We have different ideas, ambitions, interest etc.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by ak22(m): 8:52am On Mar 22, 2019
Sanromeo:
Fayemi is setting a new standard for good governance.
The only Governor in the South West that recorded a clean sheet in the last State Assembly election. TUALE!

Fayemi is working in Ekiti. Akeredolu is working in Ondo. It's good to know that both sister-states (Ekiti & Ondo) are moving forward.

They should join hand and do Ado/Akure Road.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by WASMOG(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2019
sonature1:
Ekiti State should dualize the single lane that leads to the state from Ibadan.

Drivers lose a lot of travel time plying on the road because of its curvy shape.

I suppose it's a federal road, Fayemi should make effort to dualize the road and get a refund later.
that road from ibadan is too curvy and has many bend that's why the government award this new road, the road has been awarded long ago but abandoned for more than 3 decade now
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by WASMOG(m): 9:11am On Mar 22, 2019
olagbola45:

Alabosi
the government of segun oni construt road than any of the past governor of Ekiti #fact
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by olagbola45(m): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2019
WASMOG:
the government of segun oni construt road than any of the past governor of Ekiti #fact

U dey mind dat one Ni....which fayose tried yinmu for him head...shey cos of d fly over lol
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by WASMOG(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2019
agabusta:

You need to compare both project designs before alledging foul play.
you can't compare terrain in and west
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Schro4real: 9:44am On Mar 22, 2019
panpan:
. Been waiting for a reasonable comment like this. It saddens to see a project like this been used as an avenue to siphon billions of naira. It's high time Nigerians start to think logically, question our political leaders so they will stop making a fool of us
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by mfm04622: 9:59am On Mar 22, 2019
Amuocha:
Dr Fayemi why not Julius Berger?

Is Julius Berger better than the company the contract was awarded to?
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Pamtoye(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2019
Bleep... This Fayemi is clearly a thief... How will u construct 7.25 kilometers road for 8.9 billion. Is dat even rational??
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by seunmsg(m): 10:33am On Mar 22, 2019
This same road was awarded by the Federal government last year even though work is yet to start. I don’t understand why Fayemi had to award it again instead of pressurizing the federal ministry of works to mobilize the contractor and start work on the road. The resources to be used on the road could have been diverted to build other state roads.

Looking at the huge contract sum, I just hope the road will be dualised this time around. That road would still not make sense if it remains a single lane.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by jesusislor(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2019
awelekiti:
very wrong. He's just looking for ways of recovering the funds he spent during elections. Moreover, same boundary roads and those mentioned in the above report were awarded by fayemi when he first came, from efon alaaye to erinmo ijesha boundsry point. What happened to it in less than 10 years? He needs to be probed. No governor...I repeat, no governor ever ruled ekiti had constructed roads like fayose. The records are there and to those apc boys showering praises on fayemi, kudos to you. We the Ekiti people know better.

Thank u o. When it comes to infrastructure in Ekiti, no one has done better than Fayose. Politicians in Nigeria are scam, only their selfish interest.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by manitoba(m): 11:42am On Mar 22, 2019
panpan:
This is exactly my thought as I read this.

The gross corruption continues in Nigeria.

Smh cry
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Hiarmn(m): 11:57am On Mar 22, 2019
God bless Yoruba land ,development things on point,I prayed the project is conclusive.
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
Naijaguy12345:

The 32 idīots that have already liked your post got you thinking you made sense with that jargon you wrote up there, but it's a lie
Re: Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor by Fhemmmy: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2019
Is this governor returning or leaving office shortly?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Lagos State Replaces Keke Napep/okada With Golf Cart (Photos) / Atiku Still Remains Our Presidential Candidate – Oyo PDP / Crashed Helicopter That Killed DIG Haruna John Was Faulty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.