Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked (2529 Views)

48hrs To APC Primary: Another Shift Likely Over Absense Of Screening Commitee / Nnamdi Kanu: If You're A Young Man Or Woman Living In Anambra You Have 48hrs / Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Speaking to RCC contractor and MTN consultant during his inspection of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway rehabilitation project. Umahi after his inspection summoned the contractor RCC and MTN's rep and project consultant and read them the riot act.

Telling the contractor they have 48hrs to make all unmotorable sections of the expressway motorable or be sacked from site.

He then turned to MTN consultant and informed him he is sacked.

Umahi continued, I want you (RCC) with your technical team, consultant, MTN , comptroller and engineers a to meet with me and the governor at 6pm today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Cr-ybhVKs

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Unfortunately for Nigeria's federal roads contractors there is a new Sheriff in town and it is no longer business as usual!

8 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Wisereborn: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
Does Umahi have the right to sack MTN consultant grin

Nigeria my country grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
Of course a Federal minister is delegated the power the president wishes to delegate to him. He can choose to sack MTN themselves. Clearly he knows the powers the president has delegated to him.
Wisereborn:

12 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Varunpulyani: 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:
Of course a Federal minister is delegated the power the president wishes to delegate to him. He can choose to sack MTN themselves. Clearly he knows the powers the president has delegated to him.

Dey play

You think say na road side gossip be this ?

People when get mind dull contract you no know say many papers have been signed abi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Wisereborn: 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:
What is his portfolio again

Even if he has been given the right, he cannot sack their consultant, no be him employ the guy! Na him dey pay him salary

Why are things upside in this country Who dey do us self undecided Umahi is educated now undecided shuooo

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by madmohamed(m): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:
Speaking to RCC contractor and MTN consultant during his inspection of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway rehabilitation project. Umahi after his inspection summoned the contractor RCC and MTN's rep and project consultant and read them the riot act.

Telling the contractor they have 48hrs to make all unmotorable sections of the expressway motorable or be sacked from site.

Umahi continued, I want you (RCC) with your technical team, consultant, MTN , comptroller and engineers a to meet with me and the governor at 6pm today!

MTN and RCC can never behave the way they behaved in Nigeria in thire countries South Africa and china

7 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
You don't know Umahi
He is an experienced engineer who has carried out contracts on Nigerian roads with his own firm. He understand the system.
A minister of works has power to direct how a project is run and if he chooses to direct for a consultant to be sacked he can do so under the powers delegated by the president of the Federal Republic .
Wisereborn:

Even if he has been given the right, he cannot sack their consultant, no be him employ the guy! Na him dey pay him salary

Why are things upside in this country Who dey do us self undecided Umahi is educated now undecided shuooo

Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Either way, they now can no longer try it in Nigeria under Umahi's watch as Minister of Works and Housing. RCC Reps do not appear to be a Chinese company, they look Arabic.
madmohamed:
MTN and RCC can never behave the way they behaved in Nigeria in thire countries South Africa and china

2 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by kingsways: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Deacon Dave Umahi

A man of God who leads with the fear of God
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
Meaning? If the president has delegated to the minister full powers to take any decision on the projects , Umahi would literally be no different from if the president is standing in front of the contractors himself.

Umahi is a man known for achieving what most people believe is impossible.

You think he achieved the results and infrastructural transformation in Ebonyi state by being timid about sacking contractors and consultants? undecided
Varunpulyani:

Dey play

You think say na road side gossip be this ?

People when get mind dull contract you no know say many papers have been signed abi

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2023
Indeed one of the small percentage of honest politicians we still have in Nigeria.
kingsways:
Deacon Dave Umahi

A man of God who leads with the fear of God

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Authoreety: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Thank God for this man

3 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Onyiridike(f): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wisereborn:

Smh
What does the word "sack" mean to you?

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Onyiridike(f): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:
Meaning? If the president has delegated to the minister full powers to take any decision on the projects , Umahi would literally be no different from if the president is standing in front of the contractors himself.

Umahi is a man known for achieving what most people believe is impossible.

You think he achieved the results and infrastructural transformation in Ebonyi state by being timid about sacking contractors and consultants? undecided
He doesn't know the meaning of the word "sack" as used in this context.
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
Please elaborate. I know you can't mean that he does not know English language undecided
Oh you are referring to the commenter and not to Umahi , I get you now.
Onyiridike:

He doesn't know the meaning of the word "sack" as used in this context.
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Wisereborn: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:
You don't know Umahi
He is an experienced engineer who has carried out contracts on Nigerian roads with his own firm. He understand the system.
A minister of works has power to direct how a project is run and if he chooses to direct for a consultant to be sacked he can do so under the powers delegated by the president of the Federal Republic .
You obviously don't know what you are saying!!!

In Nigeria, what is MTN business with road construction Them be Julius Berger

Anyways, let me remind you that you people are looking for investors and you are scaring the existing ones away!

MTN consultant is just an intermediary, I still maintain that Umahi has no right to make such pronouncement
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by nzeobi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:

Who will now the job now that he has sacked MTN, are you sure this is show/abuse of office
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by nzeobi(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
madmohamed:
How are they behaving here with regards to the place in question
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by BeardGangJnr1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wisereborn:

You obviously don't know what you are saying!!!

In Nigeria, what is MTN business with road construction Them be Julius Berger

Anyways, let me remind you that you people are looking for investors and you are scaring the existing ones away!

MTN consultant is just an intermediary, I still maintain that Umahi has no right to make such pronouncement
U are just a basic foooooool....u Don't Even know jack about what u are saying....!
Mtn is the consultant...they are doing a bad job....they have been sacked from the consultancy job...not as if the whole mtn is sack from Nigeria...u be mumu ahswear 😏

4 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by LordBillionz: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wisereborn:

Yes, he has and this will bring serious consequences for MTN. Do you know under which agreement that the road is being constructed?
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Curious345: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
The same ministry Fashola headed and things went south .
.he had nothing upstairs and of course propaganda made it look like he did shit..

Fashola probably stole the most under buahri . And he should be called in for questioning under Tinubu
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by saysoo: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
worksmart:

Supersonic man, that is 2days? You can't do shit. You think Federal contracts are like state contracts?

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by saysoo: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wisereborn:

Smh
You wonder why clubs can't sack players but can in managers? Cause there is a contract terms. Change it without conscent and go to court and pay damages.
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
I guess they are going to have to do something extraordinary to avoid the sack.
saysoo:
Supersonic man, that is 2days? You can't do shit. You think Federal contracts are like state contracts?

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by propsad3: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Ikaeniyan0: 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wisereborn:

Yes, he has the power to sack MTN consultant

Umahi mean business.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
Fashola performed ok , he met hundreds of abandoned projects and he was a lawyer and not an Engineer, may be a lawyer was needed to navigate the legal minefield of getting contractors of abandoned projects to return to site.
However I think it was too much for him in the first 4 years having the power ministry as well.

He has successfully completed some mega projects.
Curious345:
The same ministry Fashola headed and things went south .
.he had nothing upstairs and of course propaganda made it look like he did shit..

Fashola probably stole the most under buahri . And he should be called in for questioning under Tinubu
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by worksmart(m): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2023
Umahi sacked the consultant from the project which he absolutely has the right to do whether MTN choose to continue to retain his services that is up to them, but he cannot openly work on this project
that is what the poster is not understanding.
Ikaeniyan0:

Umahi mean business.
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by JagabanB: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Wisereborn:

Îgñorance in most of u is the reason u all keep typing "Nigèria my country"
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Wisereborn: 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

Umahi mean business.
Umahi is nothing but a drama king!!! He knows nothing about serious business undecided
Re: Umahi To Contractor: You Have 48hrs To Make Enugu-Onitsha Motorable or be Sacked by Wisereborn: 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
JagabanB:

Îgñorance in most of u is the reason u all keep typing "Nigèria my country"
Mr fountain of knowledge, I greet ooooo cheesy grin hmmm

Delegation of duties is none of the public business, get the work done!!!

When they are sharing money, do we know when and how They should stop coming to public place to constitute nuisance!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Senators Say Tummy-exposing Sarees Are Responsible For Corruption! / 26 Year-old Turbaned Emir Of Tula / Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.