Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines (46042 Views)

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People / #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists / Four Signs To Identify An Intelligent Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by IkemChris(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Did you know......

Lovely and nice
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by dfrost: 11:06am On Mar 22, 2019
Nice topic op.
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by hokafor(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2019
I guess is for decoration .
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Mavchamp(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2019
Wats d usefulness of knowing this? When still yet no power
Abegi jo, make high tension finish does nepa pple 4 my area!
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by dfrost: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2019
priceaction:
just give us a fuckinnng stable light. i dont want to know cable capacity . sbebi when there is light thats when you will be thinking of transmission,transmitter or transmitting or transformer abi na transition

cheesy grin I don die

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by colossus91(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2019
priceaction:
just give us a fuckinnng stable light. i dont want to know cable capacity . sbebi when there is light thats when you will be thinking of transmission,transmitter or transmitting or transformer abi na transition
sorry sir its transmission transmission of the transammissiion transmission me sir

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 22, 2019
YoungFr:
my problem is how and when did they install all of the power lines

Before you were born. Most where installed under Whites rule.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Malawian(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2019
YoungFr:
Even till today, they still install them. Mostly done in uninhabited areas, later, those areas will start having property boom once a base station is installed around there.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by 3moses: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2019
Santaboris:
I've been suicidal these days, depression is real......
Reason = I feel like I don't fit in where I am, people are so dumb.

What's d problem all about
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Graypoint: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2019
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2019
mrAMG2:
What’s the idea behind “taking and bringing” the light?

What’s the idea behind more than 5 streets all with working transformers still sharing light?

The idea behind "taking and bringing" light is about sharing.
As of now Nigeria produces within 5000megawatt of electricity, that's not enough for only Lagos but that's what the whole Nigeria is sharing, it's not possible for 5000megawatt to power the whole of Nigeria so the best thing to do is to share it.

The transformer don't produce electricity, what the transformer do it's only to step up and step down electrical voltage that are available. The reason for this is that after the generating station produce these electricity, they have to transfer it to the transmission company which in turn transfer it to the distribution company. Electrical Resistance increase with distance meaning if these electricity are not step up by the transformer nothing will get to ur house. I hope I was able to explain it well to you.

9 Likes

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by EdiAbali: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2019
Best thread ever

This is the type of thread I want to be seeing on nairaland

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by EdiAbali: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2019
priceaction:

You don't deserve to have light if you don't want to know
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Mutemenot(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2019
YoungFr:
Someone wish me well please, tomorrow is my marriage and my wife had an accident this morning cry cry cry cry cry

Call your village people, tell them Amadioha 'll strike whoever that caused your wife accident. Meanwhile, your marriage is blessed. Devil does not attempt anything that's worthless .
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2019
I have been in your shoes but I got out... please hang on, God will help you overcome.
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Chiachifranklin: 11:33am On Mar 22, 2019
asuustrike1:
Which line goes to the substation,?
Which moves from the generator house?
Why does it take time to restore power after lighting and thunder storm? Some areas is within 1hr while others 2hrs ( both day and night) whereas others till the following day.
I don't knw d substation u mean, but there are injections substation; where all d high powered over- head are injected from 45kv-430kv.
D transformer dat supplies 220-230v to ur house is also called a substation.
It takes time 2 restore power because lightening frequencies Varies from location to location & variance in direction.
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Hoodbilonia: 11:33am On Mar 22, 2019
No lite
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by MistadeRegal(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2019
priceaction:

grin grin grin
I doff my hat for this your comment.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by crispyJ: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2019
Santaboris:

Can you mail me your WhatsApp number
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Blitz888(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Did you know......

What of 11kv and 33kv
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by SoupNazi(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2019
HighKing01:
Nigeria will still be a shithole 50years from now

And you will be the _shit filling the shithole 50 years from now. Instead of you to open your mouth and pray for a better nation, you are there cursing it. #Barbarian
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by saintneo(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Did you know......

Great information, but this not in line with the Transmission and Distribution system in Nigeria.

Transmission - 330kV and 132kV

Distribution - 33kV, 11kV and 0.415kV

The differentiators includes height of tower (pole), number (type) of insulators, separating distance between the phases, etc. The greater the voltage the higher the height, the more number of insulators and the longer the separating distance.

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Indomie001: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2019
YoungFr:
Someone wish me well please, tomorrow is my marriage and my wife had an accident this morning cry cry cry cry cry
So sorry about that man, let her recover very well so wedding can be done anytime .
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 22, 2019
HonAdeli:

Mean while in some areas, it's still after three days
Yeah at times I wonder why?
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
charliboy654:

The idea behind "taking and bringing" light is about sharing.
As of now Nigeria produces within 5000megawatt of electricity, that's not enough for only Lagos but that's what the whole Nigeria is sharing, it's not possible for 5000megawatt to power the whole of Nigeria so the best thing to do is to share it.

The transformer don't produce electricity, what the transformer do it's only to step up and step down electrical voltage that are available. The reason for this is that after the generating station produce these electricity, they have to transfer it to the transmission company which in turn transfer it to the distribution company. Electrical Resistance increase with distance meaning if these electricity are not step up by the transformer nothing will get to ur house. I hope I was able to explain it well to you.
But some areas have more power than others why?
I noticed that whenever there is thunderstorm at night the light goes off but would be restored that same night but of recent things had changed. What do you think would be responsible for delay? Why would the disco comp take longer time to restore rather what it use to be?
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Raskasal(m): 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
Thank you OP for sharing this
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by FemiEddy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
Santaboris:
You are awakened
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Neoteny(m): 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
asuustrike1:
Which line goes to the substation,?
Which moves from the generator house?
Why does it take time to restore power after lighting and thunder storm? Some areas is within 1hr while others 2hrs ( both day and night) whereas others till the following day.

1. Discos wait to ensure no reports of downed lines in order to prevent electrocutions

2. Most discos are looking for an excuse to disrupt supplies anyway so to save on their own energy invoices. Perfect excuse.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
Neoteny:

1. Discos wait to ensure no reports of downed lines in order to prevent electrocutions

2. Mist discos are looking for an excuse to disrupt supplies anyway so to save on their own energy invoices. Perfect excuse.
Hmmmm! Perfect response. Thank you

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by ImaIma1(f): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2019
YoungFr:

All will be well.
Re: How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines by joey150(m): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
mrAMG2:
What’s the idea behind “taking and bringing” the light?

What’s the idea behind more than 5 streets all with working transformers still sharing light?

The idea behind taking and bringing the light is "rationing", since Nigeria can barely produce enough power to light up the whole nation simultaneously, they have to keep 'sharing' it based on whatever the output of power generated that day is.

In essence, switching off one zone to power another zone and vice versa.

Transformers do not produce power neither do they increase it. Thus, having 30 transformers does not increase power production. Transformers only help to step down high voltage. What most of your appliances use is 220v, but power isn't generated at 220v, but at a much higher voltage (refer to the picture of the thread).

I tried to make it basic. Next time try and Google some of these things bros. Your phone isn't meant for only nairaland you know.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crazy Things You Did While Single On Campus. / Nigeria Maritime University: A Place To Visit (Photos) / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.