Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

God Is Above Jesus Christ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Above Jesus Christ! (3083 Views)

The Story Of Jesus Christ / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Above Jesus Christ! by LoveKing(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2007
I want y'all to apply wisdom here.
Now the Word was with God and the Word was God
Scientific and commonsense evidence has proved that a man's sperm is everything about him and we men were created in the IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD.
If the above is true, then the Word is God but not GOD. Your seed is you, because it came out from you but not YOU. so the Christ has all the attributes of GOd but God is above the Word,Christ becomes the Word which came out from God. so they can't be EQUAL
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by jagunlabi(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2007
All that will only make sense if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that THE WORD was meant to be Jesus,in the first place.
As of now,THE WORD being Jesus is only to be accepted as truth by pure act of faith which is expected of every christian,and not because there is a clear and coincise scriptural link between the socalled "Word" and Jesus.
Mere interpretations(or misinterpretations,depending from which pov),that's all it is. cool
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2007
Permit me to say, this type of "commonsense" is absolute codswallop. The inference derived above is simply out of ignorance of what the collective testimony of Scripture teaches. Jesus Christ is God Himself - ever was God, but became Man (John 1:14).

That Jesus is the divine Logos (Word) is also declared in Rev. 19:13 where we read that "his name is called The Word of God". What John 1:1 gives us is that there is no shade of difference in the essential nature of the Father and the Son; for whatever the Father is, that also is the Son. Jesus is not less that deity, and that is what Isaiah, Zechariah, John, and several other prophets have declared.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by Bobbyaf(m): 3:43pm On May 07, 2007
I agree with the other posters, but Love king why do you believe that God is above Jesus? On what basis are you saying that?

Let us reason! cheesy
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by LoveKing(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2007
Bobbyaf:

I agree with the other posters, but Love king why do you believe that God is above Jesus? On what basis are you saying that?

Let us reason! cheesy

Because God created the Word!
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by pilgrim1(f): 6:55pm On May 07, 2007
LoveKing:

Because God created the Word!

The Word was not created.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by LoveKing(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2007
pilgrim.1:

The Word was not created.

wheres your proof?
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by pilgrim1(f): 10:25am On May 08, 2007
LoveKing:

wheres your proof?

And your "proof" was. . .?
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 11:26am On May 08, 2007
@pilgrim & stimulus

Are you both saying that Jesus is God?

Let me have your response and my questions from your bible will follow

Peace.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by firdaus4us: 1:13pm On May 08, 2007
Stimulus if you think Jesus is God, then please give explaination to the verses below:

1) I do nothing of myself  (From the NIV Bible, John 8:28)"

2) "My Father (GOD) is greater than I  (From the NIV Bible, John 14:28)"

3) "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit  (From the NIV Bible, Luke 23:46)"

4) "And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

5) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.  (From the   NIV Bible, Matthew 24:36)"

To me the above verses affirm that Jesus is not, at all, in the same level with the Creator of the Universe

Addendum:

1)If Jesus is/was God, then when he died for atleast three days who was in control of the entire creation during that period?

2) Who resurrected him?
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by michy(f): 1:18pm On May 08, 2007
there are certain things that u dont have to question about
its a mystery that no one can explain but God himself
They are equal,none is higher than each other.they
are three in one
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by LoveKing(m): 1:23pm On May 08, 2007
michy:

there are certain things that u don't have to question about
its a mystery that no one can explain but God himself
They are equal,none is higher than each other.they
are three in one

**emphasis mine**

Then why do you have something to say when its a mystery that no one can explain but only God himself?you don't know the truth

pilgrim.1:

And your "proof" was. . .?

!, the topic starter
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 2:52pm On May 08, 2007
@firdaus4us

Salam brother, longest time. May Allah be pleased with you as you continue with the Dawah.

@all christian apologists claiming that Jesus is God in the likes of pilgrim, stimulus, davidylan, pataki, babyosis, nossycheeks etc

When you finish answering my brother's question, you will tell me who

1.  Jesus prayed to at gethsemane

2.  Jesus  shouted to on the cross that 'my God my God, why has thou forsaken me'

3.Is God three-in-one and one in three simultaneously or one at a time?

If God is one and three simultaneously, then none of the three could be the complete God. Granting that such was the case, then when Jesus was on earth, he wasn’t a complete God, nor was the "father in Heaven" a whole God. Doesn’t that contradict what Jesus always said about His God and our God in heaven, his Lord and our Lord ? Does that also mean that there was no complete god then, between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?

If God is one and three at a time, then who was the God in heaven when Jesus was on earth? Wouldn’t this contradict his many references to a God in Heaven that sent him?

If God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?

Christians say that: "The Father(F) is God, the Son(S) is God, and the Holy Ghost(H) is God, but the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is not the Father". In simple arithmetic and terms therefore, if F = G, S = G, and H = G, then it follows that F = S = H, while the second part of the statement suggests that F ¹ S ¹ H (meaning, "not equal"wink. Isn’t that a contradiction to the Christian dogma of Trinity in itself ?

If Jesus was God, why did he tell the man who called him "good master" not to call him "good" because accordingly, there is none good but his God in Heaven alone?

Why do Christians say that God is three-in-one and one in three when Jesus says in Mark 12:29: "The Lord our God is one Lord" in as many places as yet in the Bible?

.If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn’t Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time? How were those followers of Jesus considered Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity, Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and would have taught and explained it in detail to the people.

.Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn’t this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn’t such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?

.Wasn’t the word "god" or "TONTHEOS" also used to refer to others as well as in II Corinthians 4:4 "(and the Devil is) the god of this world" and in Exodus 7:1 "See , I have made thee (Moses ) a god to Pharaoh"?

When you do the above, others will follow.

Thank you

Peace.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by Bobbyaf(m): 6:22pm On May 08, 2007
@ firdaus4us

Stimulus if you think Jesus is God, then please give explaination to the verses below:

1) I do nothing of myself  (From the NIV Bible, John 8:28)"

2) "My Father (GOD) is greater than I  (From the NIV Bible, John 14:28)"

3) "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit  (From the NIV Bible, Luke 23:46)"

4) "And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

5) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.  (From the   NIV Bible, Matthew 24:36)"

To me the above verses affirm that Jesus is not, at all, in the same level with the Creator of the Universe

Not necessarily my friend. Those statements don't necessarily make inferior the status of Christ as it relates to His Father, when you stop to think that Christ took on a role of humility when He became a man. That role was to be totally submitted to His father's will, even though He had a will of His own.

Don't confuse that role with the status or position of Christ. Let me share with you a few texts to clear up the issue.

John 17:5, 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Here Jesus the Son makes reference to a time when He and His Father shared or possessed the same glory. And this is precisely the point I made earlier when I spoke to the issue of Christ's role as the "son of man"

Let me give an illustration. Let us imagine a king playing the role of a pauper. He leaves his kingdom dressed up in tattered garments, and decides to live among the poor and feel what the poor are feeling. He literally lives like the poor. He eats and drinks like the poor. Would you say that he is not a king by virtue of his role? Absolutely not!

Listen as the apostle Paul explains a similar story as it relates to Jesus.

Phillipians 2:5-8, 5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Noticed what verse 6 says? If Christ was a creature how could He be in God's form? And why would He not consider it robbery to be equal with God, if indeed He were created?

Addendum:

1)If Jesus is/was God, then when he died for atleast three days who was in control of the entire creation during that period?

Your problem lies in not fully understanding what the word God connotes. The word God is a title, and is not attributed to the Father alone. It is attributed to His Son as well. It means government. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are seen as Deity based on their attributes. They are not three Gods, but one. The title of God belongs to all three.

Hence based on the role of Jesus having to humble Himself and die a sinner's death, His Father who was always in charge, remained in charge during His Son's rest in the grave.

Another thing to understand as well, is that Christ having to put aside His divinity didn't mean He put aside His being God. Christ is the God-Man. 100% God and 100% man. Thats called the mystery of Godliness.  grin You and I will never fathom it.

2) Who resurrected him?

Remember what Jesus said to Mary after she complained about lazarus's death? He said "I am the resurrection and the life, " Christ's death didn't remove His divinity. The divinity that exists in His Father and Himself brought Him back to Life.

The humanity and humility of Christ didn't allow Him to utilise that divinity, but it doesn't mean that He never had access to it either. Christ had an independent will, but refrained form using it as He was tempted many times to do.

Just bear in mind what Jesus said, "I am the resurrection, "
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by mrpataki(m): 7:01pm On May 08, 2007
Genesis 1:26 -And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Who was God speaking to when He said "let us".
God is not above Jesus Christ.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2007
@firdaus4us & babs787,

There's just one question I wish to ask both of you:

If you have grievances against the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, who are the "WE" (many god[b]s[/b]) that Muslims worship in their Qur'an?

Take a look at the following few verses:

"Even then WE did forgive you; there was a chance for you to be grateful." (Q. 2:52).

"WE bestow of OUR Mercy on whom WE please, and WE suffer not, to be lost, the reward of those who do good." (Q. 12:56)

"Yet when WE bestow OUR favours on man, he turns away and becomes remote on his side (instead of coming to US), and when evil seizes him he gives himself up to despair! (Q. 17:83)

You see, it is easy to attack Christianity and the Bible, accuse us of being polytheists, etc., etc. No problems, as I've said early enough that I'm not given to arguments that lead nowhere, especially of your dishonest type.

Now I want to know simply, who are the many gods of the Qur'an known as "WE" and "OUR" that say Muslims should come to "US"??

You cannot continue to throw such hypocritical assertions against Christians without taking care of your deception. If you need more verses of the Qur'an for the cover-up of Islam's disguised polytheism, ask and I will gladly serve them.

Just be sure you don't play games with your usual antics with my question.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 7:14pm On May 08, 2007
mrpataki:

Who was God speaking to when He said "let us".
God is not above Jesus Christ

@mrpataki,

Just allow them for now. For a few days I just decided to focus on other issues; but since they're trying to prove their hypocrisy, we shall gladly help them.

Shalom. 
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 7:19pm On May 08, 2007
LoveKing:

!, the topic starter

@LoveKing,

I know you're so in love with small fonts, but if that is how you offer "proof" for arguments, please read something else. I'm also interested in your disguised assumptions that the Word was created. Please humour me.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by wifeypenth(f): 7:23pm On May 08, 2007
God is greater than Jesus christ, am not condemning jesus, but the truth is when Jesus was on the cross, who was he calling in heaven
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 7:43pm On May 08, 2007
wifeypenth:

God is greater than Jesus christ, am not condemning jesus, but the truth is when Jesus was on the cross, who was he calling in heaven

The issue is not as simplistic as that. Please carefully observe where these lazy chaps are going with their roundabout arguments:

babs787:

Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus.

firdaus4us:

Stimulus if you think Jesus is God, then please give explaination to the verses below

You can see that the question being raised is calculated to deny the Deity of Jesus Christ, and then discredit Christianity and the Bible. You have to understand the mindset of Muslims when debating issues. Their basic premise is that Jesus was nothing more than a man regarded as a 'slave' of their Islamic god 'Allah'.

That is why any condescedning answers to them does not satisfy their quest to further discredit the Bible. If you tell them that "God" is greater than Jesus, is that the end of the argument? They would come back denying again that Jesus is not the Son of God!!

For all those who are happy to compromise their position and curry the drivel of Muslim propagandists, I'm not sorry to state that the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is God incarnate for our Redemption. He was never created in His essential nature - and that is what John 1:1 says precisely: The Word was God!!

So, is Jesus Christ in His essential nature and existence God (the same essential nature as the Father)? I believe so. It may seem quite a problem for some who read me say that; but my faith is not based on the denials expressed in the Qur'an and the hadith of Islam. Rather, I place my faith upon the declaration of Jesus Christ concerning Himself in the Bible - and especially so in the book of revelation:

Rev. 22:12-13
"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

The Lord Jesus Christ in those verses, after reiterating His Second Coming, declared that He Himself is the Alpha and Omega, the begining and the end, the first and last - the very same appellation that the Almighty uses for Himself in Rev. 1:8.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by mrpataki(m): 7:46pm On May 08, 2007
wifeypenth:

Jesus was calling on God. That is a well known fact.
But the point is that Jesus and God are the same person.

John 10:30 -I and my Father are one.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2007
mrpataki:

Jesus was calling on God. That is a well known fact.
But the point is that Jesus and God are the same person.

Well, I would rather say that Jesus in His humanity was calling on the Father. The Bible never confuses the divine Persons of the Godhead; and we are to note well that the work of redemption that Christ accomplished on the Cross is often spoken of in terms of His Humanity -

1 John 4:2-3
"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

We need to ask an important question here: Who was Jesus BEFORE He came in the flesh?

Was he an angel? Was he mere a "thought" that did not exist? Both these positions are deflated by answers in the Bible. The One "who came in flesh" was God in his pre-incarnate state:

1 Tim. 3:16 - "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

When the Bible states the teaching of Jesus that He and the Father "are one" (John 10:30), it is clearly in reference to John 1:1 - they are "ONE" in essential nature as DEITY!! The verses following John 10:30 clearly reveals that the Jews clearly understood the intended meaning of His words: (vs. 33 - "because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."wink He was claiming deity for Himself!

It was still in that same event and chapter that He questioned them: "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

There is no verse in the Bible where Jesus ever claimed to be the very same Person as the Father. All through Scripture, He has ever been the divine Son. And what this connotes is no less of His essential nature and Being as deity; for again we see Him claiming equal honours with the Father:

John 5:23 -
"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."

God bless.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2007
@stimulus

Am not surprised at your response to the questions. Christians will always show their typical way of avoiding issues. Dont forget that you still have three questions to be answered in the thread, 'was jesus crucified'. Common be a man, answer those questions and dont divert topc as you are well known for that. If you have any question, feel free go create another thread and I will meet you there. So man, answer those questions and stop going in circles.

@pataki

I thought you would have come with your organogam

John 10:30 -I and my Father are one.

If the above statemnt qualifies jesus to be God, what of the verse below

John 17 v 21: that they (the disciples) all may be one, as thou, father, art in me, and I in thee, that they may also be one in us,

It is clear here that the statement says God and Jesus are one, but also that the disciples are one in Jesus and God, as they all ar like Jesus also in God. If Gid, jesus and the Holy Ghost form one unit of Trinity, then with the disciples included they should form a God of fifteeen.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2007
@babs787,

You're convincing me that you really lack basic reading skills. If you cannot deduce answers from my posts above, then continue to foam in the mouth. It is an open challenge I offered both you and firdaus4us, and I want clear answer(s) thereto. If you're less than a man, continue to doge it.

Here again:

stimulus:

@firdaus4us & babs787,

There's just one question I wish to ask both of you:

If you have grievances against the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, who are the "WE" (many god[b]s[/b]) that Muslims worship in their Qur'an?

Take a look at the following few verses:

"Even then WE did forgive you; there was a chance for you to be grateful." (Q. 2:52).

"WE bestow of OUR Mercy on whom WE please, and WE suffer not, to be lost, the reward of those who do good." (Q. 12:56)

"Yet when WE bestow OUR favours on man, he turns away and becomes remote on his side (instead of coming to US), and when evil seizes him he gives himself up to despair! (Q. 17:83)

You see, it is easy to attack Christianity and the Bible, accuse us of being polytheists, etc., etc. No problems, as I've said early enough that I'm not given to arguments that lead nowhere, especially of your dishonest type.

Now I want to know simply, who are the many gods of the Qur'an known as "WE" and "OUR" that say Muslims should come to "US"??

You cannot continue to throw such hypocritical assertions against Christians without taking care of your deception. If you need more verses of the Qur'an for the cover-up of Islam's disguised polytheism, ask and I will gladly serve them.

Just be sure you don't play games with your usual antics with my question.

Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by lafile(m): 11:45am On May 09, 2007
@Loveking
Your topic starter does not show in anyway that the word was created. Pray tell where you got that idea from. Surely not the bible.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by mrpataki(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2007
1 Corithians 1:21-25

- 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

- 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:- 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

- 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

- 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corithians 2:14

- 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In other words, the foolishness of God is actually the spirit of God! And the spirit of God is in the Godhead; the Father, the Son and the Holyspirit! Which cannot be understood by the carnal man!

In trying to explain the trinity of God and the Godhead, I will like to take us back to the basic knowledge of physics and science by drawing out the fact that we have what we call MATTER. Which we are told exist in three forms, as:

1. Solid

2. Liquid

3. Gas

A perfect example of this matter is WATER. Which can exist in the following three forms under the correct ambient environment as:

1. SOLID = Ice Block

2. LIQUID = Water

3. GAS = Vapour: (a)Hot OR (b)Cold

Interestingly, the Godhead (trinity) consist of the:

1. God the Father = ALMIGHTY FATHER

2. God the Son = JESUS CHRIST

3. God the Spirit = HOLY SPIRIT

Under the right ambient temperature and environment this three co-exist and operate at various levels to us!

We could have God as the Solid which in my own understanding stands as the Father, where it takes only the water(JESUS) to penetrate into the solid(FATHER).

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Again,

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him(GOD)No wonder Jesus said:

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

[center]Jesus is the Water of Life![/center]

In addition, the Gas represents the Holyspirit, which could be a source of comfort(our comforter) as the cold vapour or as a teacher, a guide, an instructor which could be seen as some level of discomfort which represent the hot vapour, to our human flesh.

Speaking in terms of the WORD, the WORD had already existed, that was why all GOD had to do was speak the WORD and it was accomplised in the beginning which is in Genesis.
That was what Jesus was affirming when He said; In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was GOD!

NOTE: To some this is all foolishness, but it has to preached to save them that believe.

- 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2007
Lol. . .Oga pataki,

mrpataki:

- 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

- 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In other words, the foolishness of God is actually the spirit of God!

Nope. It does not say that at all - that the "foolisheness of God is actually the spirit of God".  Rather, it says that "the things of the Spirit" are foolishness unto the natural man! If someone argues that your house is not attractive, they are not saying that you are not attractive. In the same way, the verse is saying that the things which belong unto the Spirit are considered by the natural man as foolishness unto him.

mrpataki:

In trying to explain the trinity of God and the Godhead, I will like to take us back to the basic knowledge of physics and science by drawing out the fact that we have what we call MATTER. Which we are told exist in three forms, as:

1. Solid

2. Liquid

3. Gas

Actually, matter exists in FOUR known states:

Solid, liquid, gas and plasma.

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/matterstates.htm

http://jersey.uoregon.edu/~mstrick/AskGeoMan/geoQuerry6.html

God bless you.  cheesy
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by LoveKing(m): 3:18pm On May 09, 2007
mrpataki:

1 Corithians 1:21-25

- 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:- 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

- 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

In other words, the foolishness of God is actually the spirit of God! And the spirit of God is in the Godhead; the Father, the Son and the Holyspirit! Which cannot be understood by the carnal man!

1. Solid

2. Liquid

3. Gas

A perfect example of this matter is WATER. Which can exist in the following three forms under the correct ambient environment as:

1. SOLID = Ice Block

2. LIQUID = Water

3. GAS = Vapour: (a)Hot OR (b)Cold

Interestingly, the Godhead (trinity) consist of the:

1. God the Father = ALMIGHTY FATHER

2. God the Son = JESUS CHRIST

3. God the Spirit = HOLY SPIRIT

Under the right ambient temperature and environment this three co-exist and operate at various levels to us!

We could have God as the Solid which in my own understanding stands as the Father, where it takes only the water(JESUS) to penetrate into the solid(FATHER).

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Again,

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him(GOD)No wonder Jesus said:

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

[center]Jesus is the Water of Life![/center]

In addition, the Gas represents the Holyspirit, which could be a source of comfort(our comforter) as the cold vapour or as a teacher, a guide, an instructor which could be seen as some level of discomfort which represent the hot vapour, to our human flesh.

Speaking in terms of the WORD, the WORD had already existed, that was why all GOD had to do was speak the WORD and it was accomplised in the beginning which is in Genesis.
That was what Jesus was affirming when He said; In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was GOD!

NOTE: To some this is all foolishness, but it has to preached to save them that believe.

grin grin grin mr pataki your explanation then is total rubbish knowing that matter exist in four forms. try better!

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/matterstates.htm grin grin grin
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2007
@stimulus

You may shout till tomorrow, babs doesnt care. You have shown your trademark. You posted questions in one of the threads in which I never asked you questions rather I answered everything but here you are running frm questions.

Answer my questions in the same way I have listed them for you and I can see that the word 'we' is your problem, dont worry when you answer my questions, I will answer you. You have been known very well for avoiding questions.

Escapist.
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2007
LoveKing:

grin grin grin mr pataki your explanation then is total rubbish knowing that matter exist in four forms. try better!

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/matterstates.htm grin grin grin

Now that we know that matter exists in at least four states, can we then have proof for your assertion that the Word was created?
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by stimulus(m): 7:45pm On May 09, 2007
babs787:

@stimulus

You may shout till tomorrow, babs doesnt care. You have shown your trademark. You posted questions in one of the threads in which I never asked you questions rather I answered everything but here you are running frm questions.

Right then. Since it is in your character to shout forever and dodge questions, there's nothing new in that. You think by offering this sob-response, your problem has been solved? Meanwhile, the questions you asked have been answered in my various posts; you only keep noising the same thing over and over again on the Forum.

When you're ready to think for yourself without pretending that the rank-xeroxed artcles you copy from other websites are yours, then you will be schooled. It's very easy to post questions and attack Christianity; but you suddenly go limp in taking care of your own quarters. Have your websites failed you miserably with no articles to rank-xerox, cut and paste in answer to my questions?? Phone them; they might have excuses for you (and be sure they're very good excuses!).

babs787:

Answer my questions in the same way I have listed them for you and I can see that the word 'we' is your problem, don't worry when you answer my questions, I will answer you. You have been known very well for avoiding questions.

When you provide answers to mine, your real nightmares will begin. You're only postponing your gloom; not to worry, it won't go away like smoke.

Meanwhile, firdaus4us, whenever you return from exile, the questions will be there. Even if I'm away for a few days or weeks, you will certainly find me waiting for you!  wink
Re: God Is Above Jesus Christ! by thesilent1(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2007
gosh, I am going to love this topic!!! LOL

I have to be honest in saying that it will be impossible to thouroughly DISCUSS (not argue!!!!) this topic online.

I will start by taking just one part of this huge discussion; who was jesus calling to on the cross Let me start by saying that he was NEVER crying out for help!!!!!!!!!!! you have to study HIS bible (as in what would Jesus have read to know God!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!; the TORAH) Now, if we go back and read what Christ read, we will EASILY see that he was simply doing what he had always done when in public; preach the word and quote scripture!!!!!! To me, this scene is just another proff of Jesus's love and determination / focus!!!

let us start by going to PSALM 22:1. Start to read this chapter and you will see how it all makes sense!!!!

now, I hope the above scripture answers your question about WHO he was talking to? Now, to WHO he was, you will have to go back to the begining of the book!
My aim here is NOT to convert anyone as only YOU can make that choice for yourself! Not even God himself can make you believe anything or accept anything!! that is how strong your WILL is (the same WILL that God has that he has given to us)

Now, we have God created man!!! i think most people reading this will agree to that (and if you do not, well good for you lol) and HE breathed the breathe of life into man. this man had the free will to do anything he wanted (even though he was given a guidline to follow) but he still had his free will!!!

now, adam used his free will to screw things up royally! and so, God has to start a clean-up process (the same process is still going on today and is NOT yet complete) this clean -up process was to start again!!!! Not the world, but the man! why? cos if the "master-copy" has got an error, then every copy after that will have the same deffect! let me give you an example; you make a table and using the dimensions of the first one, you make loads of "copies". if the original one has one leg longer than the rest and that was your template, then without a doubt, every table made after will not be straight!!!!!!
in the same way, the original in this scenario is adam (1st man) but as his genetic make-up has now been contaminated by sin, the master-copy needs to be changed or all the copies (the human race) will all have that genetic problem!

now, if the first man was exactly that; man! then you can NOT use a non-man to replace him!!!!! So, to say that God and Jesus are one and the same is not correct. they are so many errors in the TRADITIONS that we have come to accept as doctrine!! as i said, there is not enough time online to discuss this but let me point out the various TYPES of errors we have in the bible we use (cos at the end of the day, that is where we get information and help from) so if we have the manual wrong in the first place, then we are going to ALWAYS have a lie and not truth!

1. TRANSLATION - This is simply someone translating one language to another and getting it wrong. a good example of this is say a White man who does not speak Yoruba comes to Ijesha and translates some Yoruba songs to english, his translation will be limited or aided by the level of his understanign of the language. So if he were to see "ojun ti mi", his LITERAL trnaslation must be "my eyes are pushing me" yet, we know that this is not what is meant when that term is used!

2. TRANSMITION - This is copying of the text from one person to another. So say when Paul writes the epistle to the church (house by the way!!!), he sends one copy of the letter. when it gets there, another groups of believers want a copy for their own fellowship so they get a friend to copy the lett for them. Any errors in copying the text is know as "an error in transmition". an example of this is if you buy a cook book. When the author first writes the text, he then send it on to the printers (copiers) if they have  problem reading the author's handwritting or copy something wrong, then the recip in question will never work! if i wrote down 1. eggs in recipe but you read it as 10 eggs, will the recipe work?!?!?!! no!!!

3. UNDERSTANDING - This is simply when we do not understand the verse! simply and short! either, we do not know the culture at that time, so we can not relate, or our understanding of scripture is wrongon the topic. a good example of this is if i were to ask how many animals went into the ark of Noah, most people will say 2 of every kind! cos this is what we have ALWAYS been told (tradition) if this is the case, then how could Noah still be able to sacrifice AFTER the flodd?!?!?! simple, it was NEVER 2 of every animal, but 2 of every UNCLEAN animal. Noah took 14 of all CLEAN animals (7 pairs!!)

so, with the above, we can see how easily things can become very contradicted in the bible. With all the above, please let us go and read the word again!!!!

One thing i will say is this; so what if Jesus is MAN or GOD?!?!?!?! He did his job and salvation is free to all now!!! that is all that counts!!!

if you would like to know more, pm me anytime! I love talking about TRUTH and not TRADITION!!!!!!

Jhn 8-32!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" / Prayer Of Thanksgiving And Mercy For The Month Of July.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.