Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,768 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? (21729 Views)

Discussion: Do You Think Women Are Equal Or Inferior To Men? / Okada Rider Who Fled After His Wife Gave Birth To Triplets, Comes Home. Photos / McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by bensonAkw: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
I was an only child for ten years till Mum gave birth to my little sister, I was worried anytime we go to a friend ,family or neighbour that gave birth, I was longing for my own siblings, so one day I ask my Mum why is your tummy not growing like our neighbour that gave birth recently, I need a brother, My Mum could not give an answer then, she just said God plant babies in mothers belly,I was still curious I ask my Dad same question too,he said almost the same thing,in my little understanding then I refused to eat,I will tell my Mum to eat all the food she prepared so her tummy will get big as I use to say,I never knew its through copulation till I get to know in biology class,till date my Mum do tease me about leaving food for her so as her tummy will get big.

3 Likes

Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by SunriseW(f): 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mum had I and my younger one through CS and she showed me the scars,so I thought it was same for everyone. So for young me,babies come out from the stomach, I loved my mum's scar,maybe that's why I still like scars,but unfortunately my body don't retain scars,every injury heals neatly.
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by XX01(f): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
TessBiwom:
I remember arguing that it was from the stomach that the doctors will cut the stomach open and pull out the baby......my mum was just there smiling and see me feeling fly that I was saying something reasonable sef.I wonder what was even going through her mind..
Derailing this thread,while growing up I had this notion in my head that"those beautiful aunty in my neighborhood didn't make use of the toilet"I felt it was unheard of..

Which is not totally untrue. Cutting the stomach is how CS is done and some women give birth that way.
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by TessBiwom(f): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
XX01:

Which is not totally untrue. Cutting the stomach is how CS is done and some women give birth that way.

I didn't know they was natural childbirth method where the woman would go into"labour".
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by K3mi: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
I was always scared to push While doing my business because I tot a baby will just fall through
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by pelicanbeau(f): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
Guest007:

I meant as a child did you fear blowing your nose undecided

Whatever...
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 27, 2019
pelicanbeau:

Whatever...
GTFOH undecided
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by TrendyNwendy: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
justiniyke29:
When I was in jss3 I disgraced my entire lineage, by saying in class that women gave birth through their stomach ( because that was what my mum and AUNT told me). I can still hear the laughter and picture the look of surprise on classmates faces. In fact, they nicknamed me " gateway" because I said a gate open on the navel.
Lol....you're not alone bro. I did think like that too
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by nwachukwu9(m): 8:31am On Mar 31, 2019
I thought it was from the stomach, untill i reached ss3.because my mom would say the would open her stomach and the child would come out
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by castro316: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
As a child, when I saw that dark line (linea nigra) I knew immediately I came out by the doctor cutting my mum open to bring my out. I used to think of my mums belly as one raffle draw bag that you will select the child you want When it gets big. Today I know better that dad you are one hell of a soccer player after 8 children.
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by Fsharp54(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
when my mum was pregnant for my immediate younger brother I saw her legs swollen so my elder sister too then (a kid too Sha) told me that is where the baby will come out from, that they were going to tear the leg and pop!! the baby comes out, Tor since I don't have any contrary opinion I had no choice than to believe it, not until I entered secondary school.
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by Fourwinds: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
EdiAbali:
I thought it's from the Anus.

I didn't know until my JSS when I read it from Integrated Science Key Points by myself and still doubted it because I thought it's impossible

same with me
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by Fourwinds: 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2019
Freeman59:
Through the anus and I also thought adults were born as adults big as they are
this was my exact thought then..
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by Freeman59: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2019
Fourwinds:
this was my exact thought then..
lol
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by Bojack(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by prettysassygirl(f): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
I thought she bought the babies, and I wanted one so bad, always asking her to buy Me a baby till my bros was born
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
My thoughts
Re: As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? by tck2000(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2019
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? / Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? / Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.