Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (56431 Views)

Former South Africa leader Jacob Zuma barred from running in elections / Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa Leader Won't Resign, Says Spokesman / Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by grandstar(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2019
sweetTai:

WTF is this Not even funny.

No wahala. I enjoyed trying. My first.

4 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by sweetTai(m): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2019
Africa has lots and tons of rich, thick stories like this. From your Strassers to your Mobutus. Africa has had lots of missed opportunities to transform due to reckless, clueless and stupid leaders.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by sweetTai(m): 10:42am On Mar 26, 2019
grandstar:

No wahala. I enjoyed trying. My first.

This one is nice, good sport.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by bigfish3k: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2019
if am not mistaken, am open to corrections, those of u criticizing strasser. do u know he was overthrown by abacha through his deputy Julius Madabio because he voted against abacha and nigeria at the common wealth because he didnt support the killing of saro wiwa and other ogonis popularly known as ogoni 9.
he did and supported good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by mechanics(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2019
hmmmm, he didn't invest.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by ImaIma1(f): 10:54am On Mar 26, 2019
It is bound to happen when an amateur assumes a position beyond him/her.

With the wrong mindset, failure is still imminent even if such a person has billions

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by okooloyun1(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2019
The man is seriously ill now
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Blankstare(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2019
Ostrasser... strong name,if you know, you Know.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by eastTKBorn: 11:18am On Mar 26, 2019
Chai If Only he was from Nigeria
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Starz825(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2019
That's one thing abt life...the very moment u have an opportunity to be great in life...don't think about the present....begin to prepare for the future...begin to make investment that will feed you and your family when u retire..that's ur retirement benefits...don't ever in ur life think the Fortune/money you are seeing or making presently will be there forever......
O thou son of man...your opportunity will come...so then use it wisely smiley
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by usoroakpan(m): 11:28am On Mar 26, 2019
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by sweetTai(m): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2019
Sierra Leone as many African countries, sent a bad boy to do a grown man’s job. Anybody remember Samuel Doe of Liberia?
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by dfrost: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Funny. He should at least have some connections. He can't tell me he doesn't know someone, who knows someone.
Las las he can go into acting movies.

He is not a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by dfrost: 11:53am On Mar 26, 2019
Brightest04:
What a pity!! All this while I have been wondering what have become of the guy.

He then moved back to Sierra Leone where he lives in poverty on a small pension in Grafton, east of Freetown,[6][7] and runs the ICT Institute providing computer skills for youths.[8]

At least he's not idle like the op made some of us believe.

3 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by TRAVEL101(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
Englishgold:
Only outside Nigeria would such take place.

God please give us freedom....
Freedom indeed
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by TRAVEL101(m): 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
Celestial777:
Tell him to come over here and join APC
His will be forgiven

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Zombicmodz: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
ImaIma1:
It is bound to happen when an amateur assumes a position beyond him/her.

With the wrong mindset, failure is still imminent even if such a person has billions

His lack of fear of the future and foresight got him here.
Even the most pious and principled Nigerian leaders will create an instant nest egg for themselves immediately they get access to the treasury.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by hidee20(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
tillaman:
Life!!! Shey him no learn from him co African leaders ni?? With offshore account Swiss bank , the caymans and all! Dumb Bleep!! I bet he was busy pounding kitten throughout his reign

Or maybe he was only thinking of ways to move the country forward and was against taking public funds out of the country?.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
tillaman:
Life!!! Shey him no learn from him co African leaders ni?? With offshore account Swiss bank , the caymans and all! Dumb Bleep!! I bet he was busy pounding kitten throughout his reign
Iddiot
And later dumb pricks like u will be complaining about bad leaship in africa
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Josh44s(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
id4sho:
That's how present MODs will be banned on a regular basis by next MODERATORS.
mtchewwwwww

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by OKUCHI11(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
MediaNGN:
In 1992 at just age 25, Captain Valentine Strasser had seized power from His former boss President Joseph Momoh and had become Sierra Leone’s Head of State making him the youngest ever in West Africa.

Strasser sat on wealth and many opportunities but he soon allowed his youthful exuberance to be his waterloo .He engaged in high level of profligacy and failed the war against rebel leader Forday Sankoh.

He grew unpopular with accusations of mismanagement and ordering the killing of many of dissenters of his regime. Majority of his soldiers defected to the rebel army after he employed the services of mercenary front Executive Outcomes.

Strasser was ousted in 1996 through a palace coup staged by his deputy Julius Maabo who assumed his position afterwards. Strasser fled to London and attempted studying law at Warwick University on scholarship. He couldn’t feed nor afford decent accommodation.

Hardship, coupled with divorce and constant harassment from a daughter of one of his victims soon forced him to abandon the school.

He was granted amnesty and returned to Sierra Leone where he’s been living with his mum and struggling so hard to make ends meet.

He laments over his joblessness and takes solace in the Palm wine bars.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/from-president-to-pauper-meet-youngest.html
black man is a disgrace...
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by uchewilliam18: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
Very enlightening
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by baratech: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2019
Damn
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by lenghtinny(m): 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
jericco1:
the consequences of falling from grace to grass

This is more like falling from grace to rock
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by jericco1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

This is more like falling from grace to rock

lol... more like it
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by tillaman(m): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2019
hidee20:

Or maybe he was only thinking of ways to move the country forward and was against taking public funds out of the country?.
that’s no correct bro look up his story
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by tillaman(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Iddiot
And later dumb pricks like u will be complaining about bad leaship in africa
a condom could have prevented your lots from co existing amidst sane people!! It’s a forum and I am free to say whatever the Bleep I want! You really need a hug sorry ehn
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by LOVEGINO(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
ariketalks:

Married on Wednesday.
Took ill on Thursday.
Worse on Friday.
Died on Saturday.
Buried on Sunday.
This is the end of Solomon Grundy
cheesy
have you seen dis movie? The Accountant. You will love it.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
LOVEGINO:
have you seen dis movie? The Accountant. You will love it.
No i haven't. What year was it released?
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by LOVEGINO(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
ariketalks:

No i haven't. What year was it released?
can't really remember. Google it

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
tillaman:
a condom could have prevented your lots from co existing amidst sane people!! It’s a forum and I am free to say whatever the Bleep I want! You really need a hug sorry ehn
There u re wrong

Its a forum for pple who reason normaly

not poeple who think like pigsss

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by tillaman(m): 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
There u re wrong

Its a forum for pple who reason normaly

not poeple who think like pigsss
i bet you just started using a phone! I suppose you are preparing for Jamb cause a grown up in this century can’t absorb what you just typed, so who is the pig here Stop disgracing your family bro your mom taught you better than this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Names On Namibian ID Cards / US President Vs UK Prime Minister’s Motorcade (photo) / Jacques Hamel Killed In France By ISIS Terrorists Who Slit His Throat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.