Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints (25956 Views)

#ENDSARS: Elderly Woman Slapped By Police For Pointing At Police Station / Chukwuka Utazi Says There Are 60 Police Checkpoints Between Lagos And Onitsha / Making Calls At Filling Stations Is Now A Crime — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Otasikwe(m): 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bornsinner7:
The question is "is there any law banning calls at checkpoints of policemen"??

All of Una begin they advice the guy say make him say sorry and move on..

Yeah it is good to say sorry and move on.. but with all this comments.. it shows that of all us as Nigerians have no right.. the country is damn broken.. imagine police man slap you for nothing and your right na to say sorry

Well.. I'm not saying that we should be stubborn towards law officers.. all I'm saying is that the country don bàjé

Well since my years of being a Nigerian in Nigeria.. I don't think I've heard about any law that forbids that..
then d solution dat pls go and kill urself
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Heartmender1: 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
It is not allowed especially in dis era we are.

They believe you are a spy and trying to pass information to the bad pple
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
No laws

I think it's a military formulated law to frustrate civilians
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Hassanmaye(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bros.
For the love of your papa and mama and your nuclear family I beg you just obey. These people feed on fear. When them see say you dey fear dem go free you. I used to be the I know my right kind of guy until one of them shot at me. As in point blank. The thing enter my agbada. How e take miss me I'll never know. Wetin I remember next be say like two army men dey tell me say oga drop the gun. Please oga. Rage took over me totally. I collect the man gun use am pound him head like fufu. Question is what if he never missed. Or what if them decide to shoot me call me robber.
Next time just do like mumu make them carry their wahala dey go. Na lazy man dey sabi tell story o. Brave men are always the subject of the story.
I will take this advice serious
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by cbrezy(m): 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
Burgerlomo:

But that's wrong though, it's pure stealing and nothing else.

They feel like Demigod so it's better you avoid them.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Techguy96(m): 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
sammy329:
Bye tongue tongue tongue

Since you know better than intelligence office, Military communication experts, IT experts, Engineers and co.
I actually do
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Techguy96(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
kaydeekay:

Oga Electrical Engr, u need minimum allowable distance for you to be able to detonate bombs using ur mobile phone. The closer u are to the target, the more effective it is
And I said u don't need.
Maybe you should read about radio waves and see how far they can travel.

Radio waves is responsible for transmission audio and video signals from devices that are miles apart.

In the case, there are two phone, one is strap to the bomb, it is design in such a way that the battery explode anytime the phone receives a call.

The second phone is the detonator, now u can be anywhere in the world to call the first phone.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Techguy96(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
sammy329:
which points did he made?? undecided undecided

He's talking about rationality of terrorist, as if terrorists are rational people, do you think that they are afraid to die.

Real life is different from school project.
If terrorist weren't so rational or smart maybe Nigeria army would not be having tough time against them.

Everything technology we use today started as school project, from the internet, to google to Facebook were all school project.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by sammy329(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2021
Techguy96:

I actually do
okay oo grin grin
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by arthurwillia(m): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
xcesspaschal:
I lost my samsung A8 to soldiers at a checking point.....sad.

Did you collect it back
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Ekg911(m): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2021
SecretReporter:
You can't try that in Afghanistan, so why will u try it in Nigerianistan
u get mouth ooh

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Exceed15: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
My friend next time do not make or receive calls at checkpoint in Nigeria to avoid unnecessary embarrassment.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Jaysnowkid: 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2021
As useless as this country is under this administration, if you ask me this question, my brother na who me I go ask? Just use your head in this country make you no go die trowey oo.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Burgerlomo: 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
cbrezy:

They feel like Demigod so it's better you avoid them.

That's terrible, so sad.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by xcesspaschal(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
arthurwillia:

Did you collect it back

D soldier smashed my phone before me just because I was on call with mum n wasn't aware that we wia approaching a checking point.

He even threatened to slap me if i dare try to pick my sim wen I wanted to.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by arthurwillia(m): 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
xcesspaschal:

D soldier smashed my phone before me just because I was on call with mum n wasn't aware that we wia approaching a checking point.

He even threatened to slap me if i dare try to pick my sim wen I wanted to.
Omo which kind wahala be that one na
Na so e Go be That?
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by UCHIHAmask: 1:21am On Aug 28, 2021
cyberdurable:
Am waiting for who will answer the question, and not some slave answers,... is their a law against it Abi na same fear fear in us?
I tell you,the way Nigerians think disgusts me...
simple question them dey answer like suppressed hopeless slaves,som even dey talk abt begging nd saying sorry to dose useless security forces jst because they fear death,same reason they can't stand against the abominable woes in their country...
they wail continuously as their oppressors destroys them yet hate you when you rise up as group seeking for justice

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Bolaji26(m): 3:38am On Aug 28, 2021
UCHIHAmask:

I tell you,the way Nigerians think disgusts me...
simple question them dey answer like suppressed hopeless slaves,som even dey talk abt begging nd saying sorry to dose useless security forces jst because they fear death,same reason they can't stand against the abominable woes in their country...
they wail continuously as their oppressors destroys them yet hate you when you rise up as group seeking for justice

Keyboard warriors

Weldone sir.

Na ur type go see ordinary private security for bank they fear
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Longman8: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2021
Making a call close to any check point is not a LAW, But for security reasons u don't, the "security" personnel suspects that u may be giving out info about them to the other persons( Be u the receiver or the caller) especially at a time like this. let us inform others too who may be oblivious,so they dont fall victim. SO I URGE US ALL TO TREAD WITH CAUTION.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by TGM2015: 8:00am On Aug 28, 2021
cyberdurable:
Am waiting for who will answer the question, and not some slave answers,... is their a law against it Abi na same fear fear in us?
Bornsinner7:
The question is "is there any law banning calls at checkpoints of policemen"??

All of Una begin they advice the guy say make him say sorry and move on..

Yeah it is good to say sorry and move on.. but with all this comments.. it shows that of all us as Nigerians have no right.. the country is damn broken.. imagine police man slap you for nothing and your right na to say sorry

Well.. I'm not saying that we should be stubborn towards law officers.. all I'm saying is that the country don bàjé

Well since my years of being a Nigerian in Nigeria.. I don't think I've heard about any law that forbids that..
lonelydora:
I was running late for a meeting this morning at Oyigbo in Rivers State. Because of the bad nature of the road to Oyibo,i decided to join to a commercial bus.

I was already on call before the C4i checkpoint after toll gate. All of a sudden i was hearing some banging on the bus, and the policeman shouting "Driver Clear Well"

I didn't even i know i was the reason for the parking until some passengers told me to end the call. I asked why, they said we were being parked because i making call. See me see trouble ooo. I told them i cannot cut on the person calling me. Na so, i finish my call jejely.

After a while the policeman came and said i should come down, that i should handover my phone to him. First word that came out of my mouth was "It's my personal property and he has no right to cease my phone" Na so fear catch am.

He went to call their commander, and the man came and said i should identify myself. I told him I'm a Nigerian. He asked why i was i making calls? I told him i didn't know it was offence to make calls at police checkpoints.

He said i was proving stubborn. How nah? Before i could say a word, one of them gave me a slap (E hot shaa) from behind and dragged me to their small office. I swear i wanted to react but held myself, and told him i am leaving him because he's on uniform. He was wearing jacket which covered his name and his number. I was trying to get his name, and he noticed and buttoned the jacket.

The commander finally came and said i should give him my phone. I told him i have to lock the phone first because of the confidential stuffs i have. He agreed and allowed me to lock the phone. I pleaded to make a call or send a text, he said if i try it, that he will shoot me. Omo, na there i come calm down before my sad story will grace front page on Nairaland. Rivers state too hot, abegi!

Someone (who i suspect to be a military officer on mufti) i didn't even know stopped and demanded to know what was my offence. He told them he saw the way i was being dragged and that i look so gentle.

Las Las, he pleaded on my behalf and asked the commander to give me my phone back. The man gave me a lift to Oyigbo and said next time, i should just say "Sorry" and move on.

NOW, IS THERE ANY WRITTEN NIGERIAN LAW BANNING MAKING OF CALLS AT POLICE CHECKPOINTS?
Guys, be calming down. There is no law in this country forbidden anyone to make calls at check point, but for security reasons, it can be a proactive measure.

First, that army personnel that came down and asked you to apologize, what do you think is mission was? Or you think Army people dey pokenose to sister agencies anyhow? The guy, in my assumption, must have get down, believing the police people has started harassing innocent Nigerian (him judging you by your calmness) and need to teach them a lesson. But, after getting his fact, had to agree with their actions, and apologize.

Now, let me give you a scenario. In a university environment, where cult activities is high, and the signature is wearing black and black or red and red. You then decided to go out wearing black and black or red and red, the security operatives on sighting you start to treat you like a criminal. You see, there is no law of the land that said don't wear black and black (that is even some orthodox pastors dresses but with a known pattern) or red and red but the current security situation in that environment demands that no one dares wear black and black or red and red.

What a professional security operative will do, is to profile you and decide if you are innocent or not. At least, the oga allows you lock your phone and keep it safe, but that guys that slapped you react emotionally, he has personal issues with group of people they thought you belong to.

Anyway, anywhere there is are high security threats, there are limit to enforcement of fundamental human rights. In Nigeria today, with our high insecurity environment, just obey before complain .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by mrstarkunle(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2021
Techguy96:

If terrorist weren't so rational or smart maybe Nigeria army would not be having tough time against them.

Everything technology we use today started as school project, from the internet, to google to Facebook were all school project.

You see why you're not a trained professional?

Its more difficult to fight novel and irrational tactics than rational ones. Obviously

The end product may be obvious, but it takes longer time.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by lanas: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2021
@op its against d law to make calls, stop ur vehicles, or standing by army barracks cos it creates security threat. Even a police officer can't make calls by d barracks.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Techguy96(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2021
mrstarkunle:

You see why you're not a trained professional?

Its more difficult to fight novel and irrational tactics than rational ones. Obviously

The end product may be obvious, but it takes longer time.
Or maybe the army is not as smart and good as u are assuming.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by lonelydora: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
TGM2015:

Guys, be calming down. There is no law in this country forbidden anyone to make calls at check point, but for security reasons, it can be a proactive measure.

First, that army personnel that came down and asked you to apologize, what do you think is mission was? Or you think Army people dey pokenose to sister agencies anyhow? The guy, in my assumption, must have get down, believing the police people has started harassing innocent Nigerian (him judging you by your calmness) and need to teach them a lesson. But, after getting his fact, had to agree with their actions, and apologize.

Now, let me give you a scenario. In a university environment, where cult activities is high, and the signature is wearing black and black or red and red. You then decided to go out wearing black and black or red and red, the security operatives on sighting you start to treat you like a criminal. You see, there is no law of the land that said don't wear black and black (that is even some orthodox pastors dresses but with a known pattern) or red and red but the current security situation in that environment demands that no one dares wear black and black or red and red.

What a professional security operative will do, is to profile you and decide if you are innocent or not. At least, the oga allows you lock your phone and keep it safe, but that guys that slapped you react emotionally, he has personal issues with group of people they thought you belong to.

Anyway, anywhere there is are high security threats, there are limit to enforcement of fundamental human rights. In Nigeria today, with our high insecurity environment, just obey before complain .

Best reply so far. But, there was no security situation then. This happened in 2019.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by UCHIHAmask: 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bolaji26:

Keyboard warriors

Weldone sir.

Na ur type go see ordinary private security for bank they fear
hahaha....funny
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by losky83: 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
lonelydora:
I was running late for a meeting this morning at Oyigbo in Rivers State. Because of the bad nature of the road to Oyibo,i decided to join to a commercial bus.

I was already on call before the C4i checkpoint after toll gate. All of a sudden i was hearing some banging on the bus, and the policeman shouting "Driver Clear Well"

I didn't even i know i was the reason for the parking until some passengers told me to end the call. I asked why, they said we were being parked because i making call. See me see trouble ooo. I told them i cannot cut on the person calling me. Na so, i finish my call jejely.

After a while the policeman came and said i should come down, that i should handover my phone to him. First word that came out of my mouth was "It's my personal property and he has no right to cease my phone" Na so fear catch am.

He went to call their commander, and the man came and said i should identify myself. I told him I'm a Nigerian. He asked why i was i making calls? I told him i didn't know it was offence to make calls at police checkpoints.

He said i was proving stubborn. How nah? Before i could say a word, one of them gave me a slap (E hot shaa) from behind and dragged me to their small office. I swear i wanted to react but held myself, and told him i am leaving him because he's on uniform. He was wearing jacket which covered his name and his number. I was trying to get his name, and he noticed and buttoned the jacket.

The commander finally came and said i should give him my phone. I told him i have to lock the phone first because of the confidential stuffs i have. He agreed and allowed me to lock the phone. I pleaded to make a call or send a text, he said if i try it, that he will shoot me. Omo, na there i come calm down before my sad story will grace front page on Nairaland. Rivers state too hot, abegi!

Someone (who i suspect to be a military officer on mufti) i didn't even know stopped and demanded to know what was my offence. He told them he saw the way i was being dragged and that i look so gentle.

Las Las, he pleaded on my behalf and asked the commander to give me my phone back. The man gave me a lift to Oyigbo and said next time, i should just say "Sorry" and move on.

NOW, IS THERE ANY WRITTEN NIGERIAN LAW BANNING MAKING OF CALLS AT POLICE CHECKPOINTS?
just as u said,Port Harcourt is hot and making a call at the checkpoint is a security risk to the officers.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by iamL(f): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2021
Techguy96:

That's not true, I studied electrical electronics engineering, I know one or two things about electromagnetic waves and automation.

These are project we use to do in school, triggering actuators using phone.

And I can boldly tell u that u don't need to be close to the bomb.

Abeg go read ur book well.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Techguy96(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2021
iamL:

Abeg go read ur book well.
Can u at least counter me with point.
Lemme explain this thing to you, first of all u need to know to do the one phone is strap to the explosive as a detonator.

The other phone is use to call the phone strap to the explosive, as long as both phones have a working sim card, u can call the other phone strap to the explosive from anywhere u are in the world.

Or do u need to be close to someone in US to call that person.

Most of u will just come here n be fooling urself.
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by Techguy96(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2021
lanas:
@op its against d law to make calls, stop ur vehicles, or standing by army barracks cos it creates security threat. Even a police officer can't make calls by d barracks.
Army barracks or checkpoint?
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by iamL(f): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints by iamL(f): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2021
Techguy96:

Can u at least counter me with point.
Lemme explain this thing to you, first of all u need to know to do the one phone is strap to the explosive as a detonator.

The other phone is use to call the phone strap to the explosive, as long as both phones have a working sim card, u can call the other phone strap to the explosive from anywhere u are in the world.

Or do u need to be close to someone in US to call that person.

Most of u will just come here n be fooling urself.

Go and work with bomb squard preferbly In developed countries. U will know that ur practicals/ lecture halls and hollywood movies is not the same as real life situation.

NB: U are the one fooling urself.
I come in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Lives Inside Prison – Convicted Soldiers / 61-Year-Old Man Arrested For Cutting Off Hand Of 11-Year-old Boy / One Killed As Rival Cult Groups Clash In Ugep, Cross River (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.