Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D (25628 Views)

US Man Accused Of Making $1.8m From Listening To His Wife's Remote Work Calls / 28-Year-Old Mom Of Two Commits Suicide To Spite Her Mother / Student Impersonates Emir Sanusi, Demands N1.8m From Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by mumjee(f): 7:53am On Mar 26, 2019
Most bankers are criminals,thesame thing happened to my dad's UBA account.His pension was stolen and we very well know it's one of UBA's staff that is responsible for it.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Rubbiish(m): 8:08am On Mar 26, 2019
Skmoda360:

I was expecting you to have said the bank officials did the fraud not sibling or whatever...
What are u saying?
It is very much possible siblings did it
My mom don't operate her bank account herself, likewise most old people.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by dreyton(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Who no go no know, who no know no go tongue
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by isaiahethan: 8:16am On Mar 26, 2019
LaMujer:
They could see that she was 75 years old and thought she don kaput, so, decided to move her money.

They all do it, it's not respective to diamond alone, all those banks. That's how their managers fund their expensive lifestyle

Deuch man spotted.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Damfostopper(m): 8:17am On Mar 26, 2019
Fash20:
I tried to use diamond bank atm to withdraw money from acct. They deducted my money and haven't refunded me since February. I have gone to my bank like 5 times to complain.

I hate that bank and I must get my money back.
just copy central bank of Nigeria handle on twitter and blow whistle .... attaching the diamond Bank handle.... within 24hrs you will get your money back..... all this mumu banks sef

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Olawaleabc(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2019
Diamond bank... I don't feel sebmcured with that bank. One of my uncle had experience such last two years.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Olawaleabc(m): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2019
I mean I don't feel secured using diamond bank
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Boyooosa(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2019
Skmoda360:

I was expecting you to have said the bank officials did the fraud not sibling or whatever...
You don't just conclude in assumption, in cases that have to do with failed system.
Pending confirmation, the case might not be a case of fraud at all. It might be a case of system error which can be reversed noting that the computers don't work on their own without programming by humans and there is something we call human error in any system. Let me give u 2 instances before I further educate u; there has been a time a check of 1m naira was honoured in an account having balance of less than 10, 000, they debitred the account and paid the money to the check beneficiary, the account holder received a debit alert Like miracle with a balance of 900k plus, OD. Another one was when I personally subscribed for a service that is supposed to be one-off but the merchant activated annual subscription in error. I was charged by my bank for the subscription after one year but reversed after lodging complain just the way she did in the case here.
Now, let's examine her incidence:
Elements:
1, a deduction was noticed (no fraud confirmed yet)
2, she did not confirm that she requested nor collected a bank statement
3, by default, a case like that will take the bank few working days to resolve (the reason they gave her that date to do proper investigation). In my own case, they gave 41 working days or so, running to almost 2 months. I couldn't wait, thank God for bank statement, I reached the merchant on my own and instructed them to reverse the transaction which they did almost immediately. I received credit alert within 3 days. I no even say thanks to the bank and as well did not blame them cos it was easier for me to relate with the merchant but stressful for the bank to get adequate info back and front if u know what I mean...(the reason u ll not blame her bank for giving some days to resolve the issue diligently and perfectly. MW, the days might be lesser)
4, bringing in health issues of her mum does not worth it. My people say kii shay gbogbo aso LA n sa sorun (no be every clothe we hang for sun). And okun o ho riri ka wa riri (ie, you don't react to case with pressure even if it comes with pressure). The bank did not know about her mother's health before the transaction took place after all she will go to church to give testimony if it was a credit alert. I can't blame them for the error or fraud not until proven.
5. Stating that 'the story did not add up' initially does not tantamount to the fact that the lady was lying nor the story is false but combining the issue of health that is default with the case of missen fund that has not bn established, VI's a vis condemning the bank stylishly is my take.
I hope u enjoy the forensic analysis the way I perceived it.
Last shot, don't address people you don't know rudely again cos you don't have an idea of the person at the other end of the keyboard, it might even be your uncle.

Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by OhiOfIhima: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2019
Apple2:
Who brought dis front page?

What the hell do you mean?
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2019
Fash20:
I tried to use diamond bank atm to withdraw money from acct. They deducted my money and haven't refunded me since February. I have gone to my bank like 5 times to complain.

How much will you pay me to get your money back?
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by mascotafltd: 8:39am On Mar 26, 2019
Please contact your lawyer, they know the best way to handle it,bankers are number one scammers.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2019
ayenika1:

@cbnnigeria on Twitter and tag diamond bank,you will be amazed with their swift response. Thank me later
First bank hasn't refund my money any hope
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by vicben27(m): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2019
they probably thought she was dead l guess. that how they steal people's funds
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by MoneyBag500: 9:10am On Mar 26, 2019
Buh wat exactly is 4.8m doin in ur moda's akant

Abi she be G woman ni........

Diz story is not komplete
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by dingbang(m): 9:12am On Mar 26, 2019
There was a loophole and investigations will identify that loophole. Nigerians just love jumping into stupid conclusions.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Fash20: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

How much will you pay me to get your money back?

Lol. I'm gonna send an email to cbn first
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2019
dadebayo1:
Bankers grin
Exactly
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by maklelemakukula(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2019
Skmoda360:

then you are a very gullible person and should be insulted for insulting that wise person you quoted
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by mechanics(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2019
Wow, she should go and complain.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Edoziesmart(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2019
Don't tell me people still bank with diamond bank in this era?

One of the useless bank so far
I opened account with them as of 2015 and ran away after I studied how they operate.
Diamond and unity bank is one of the useless banks I can't advise my enemy to bank with.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Ejebleje: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2019
Fash20:

Write to Cbn and copy the manager of your branch.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by leochuks1990(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2019
samzik:

Gist from http://www.sammypost.com/update-nigeria-lady-laments-as-fraudsters-move-n4-8m-from-her-75-yr-old-moms-diamond-bank-account/

A Nigerian lady identity as @carnayour by twitter username has decried the level of fraud in the Nigerian banking industry after fraudsters allegedly moved the sum of N4.8 million from her 75-year-old mother’s Diamond Bank account.

She wrote

Read More >>>>>Source>>>http://www.sammypost.com/update-nigeria-lady-laments-as-fraudsters-move-n4-8m-from-her-75-yr-old-moms-diamond-bank-account/

This is the exact reason i bank with Ecobank.... Their compliance no be here!!!
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Hotzone(m): 10:06am On Mar 26, 2019
Contact me for freelance indept investigation, leave lawyer out of this and bank will pay u with xtra cash!
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by leochuks1990(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2019
Edoziesmart:

Don't tell me people still bank with diamond bank in this era?

One of the useless bank so far
I opened account with them as of 2015 and ran away after I studied how they operate.
Diamond and unity bank is one of the useless banks I can't advise my enemy to bank with.

U dont just overgeneralize or run into conclusion just because of a single or few incident here and there. Any standard bank will always fall into operational risks... The main issue should be how it is addresed.

Hmmm... U studied how they operate? Laughing in chinese
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by leochuks1990(m): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2019
senatoradeolaa:
The fraudster is in the family if they claim she never received an OTP.

Well thats another angle to it. U dont just see those kind of frauds coming
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by leochuks1990(m): 10:13am On Mar 26, 2019
D1zion:
Maybe one of the bankers will withdraw the money to say he or she wants to borrow for the main time & do business, as the woman is old.they might think she'll not have interest in coming to the bank to check what's going on with her money.this could probably be her account officer.

You really dont know how banks work?
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2019
samzik:

Gist from http://www.sammypost.com/update-nigeria-lady-laments-as-fraudsters-move-n4-8m-from-her-75-yr-old-moms-diamond-bank-account/

A Nigerian lady identity as @carnayour by twitter username has decried the level of fraud in the Nigerian banking industry after fraudsters allegedly moved the sum of N4.8 million from her 75-year-old mother’s Diamond Bank account.

She wrote

Read More >>>>>Source>>>http://www.sammypost.com/update-nigeria-lady-laments-as-fraudsters-move-n4-8m-from-her-75-yr-old-moms-diamond-bank-account/

Was the money withdrawn or transfered?

Find out how it left the account and report diamondbank to cbn for fraud.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by zanga420: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2019
LaMujer:
They could see that she was 75 years old and thought she don kaput, so, decided to move her money.

They all do it, it's not respective to diamond alone, all those banks. That's how their managers fund their expensive lifestyle
Criminals
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by agentakins: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2019
Nigerian banks are all criminals.
My wife was debited for an ATM card she never requested for by GTB.
When she called there support desk, she was told the her account is on ATM card auto renewal by default.
I was just furious. How on earth can you put an account on ATM card auto renewal by default without even informing the account owner?
No message prior to the renewal of the ATM, you just debited an account and claimed it is on auto renewal.
The worst part is that they said she will be charged for another ATM card request, because she is not even in the state where she opened the account again.
I think the renewal of ATM card should be by choice and not by force. So Gtb is now forcing their ATM card on us.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Godmother(f): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2019
scarphase:

Just see how you generalized banners! Have you heard of ATM charge? Ignorance isnt bliss

Who's ignorant here? ATM charge is now N62 ba? Please get your facts straight.
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Fash20:

You are not alone,i there was an issue of a failed pos transaction due to their network failure.....two weeks now they haven't reversed my fund,besides their updated diamond mobile app is worst ,they deduct your money for every transaction even if failed......I dey fear diamond bank now pass armed robber
Re: UPDATE: Nigeria Lady Laments As Fraudsters Move N4.8m From Her 75-yr-old Mom‘s D by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
Truth is bank staff work hand in hand with these fraud guys. One time I received a text, telling me I needed to update my number to my account. Yo this people even had my bank account phone Num and my name. Smh, FYI this is a savings account. I have never withdraw a penny since 2015, all I do is deposit. The only luck I had was I was kinda planning to go to the bank, so I felt no point in calling the number they gave me, when I get to the bank I will fix it. Lol baba I showed the bank manager the message, she said I should forward it to her they will look into it. Like wtf. So you people weren’t the one that sent this? How did this person get my name and my phone number?? So you guys don’t give any form of security to customer privacy abi Wetin? Madam started talking trash. Nna right there I told her am not doing again. I need my money. Mama beg tire, nna I am not doing again, I remembered my classmate back then in school told me one time she works in the bank and was looking for people to open account with her. Called her, told her Wetin happen, she open account for me over the phone in under 10mins my account was ready, thou she said I need bring passport photo later. My advice is the very day you receive and fraudulent message regarding your bank, just go and close the account. To avoid stories that touch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Housewife Pours Hot Water On Husband`s Apprentice / Man Trying To Separate Fight Stabbed To Death In Ogun State / Benue Impounds 376 Cows, Arrests 6 Herdsmen For Flouting Grazing Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.