Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (18326 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Daddy Freeze Attacks Pastor Oladiyun Over Tithes Payment / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by ZhugeLiang(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Jesus never paid tithe? Any scriptural reference?

Jesus and his apostles most likely paid tithe. Those things were never recorded for obvious reasons.
Obvious reasons like what?
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by plaetton: 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
lakesider:
More reason why the Nigeria govt should collect 15% vat
What an irony, huh ?

Everyone is complaining about the prospect of being charged a 15% tax on goods and services to fund the very government that all of us depend on for essential services. If a 15% tax will impoverish the masses as being speculated by economists, it therefore means that a 10% tithe being extorted from the gullible Christian population over the years might be true cause of the impoverishment of the nation over the years.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by nomoreface: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
This talk that you have to Pay 10% to activate (or what ever word they use) blessings from God sounds like bribery. I maintain that any god that demands payment before blessing is into godship for personal gain.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by oses4u(m): 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
[color=#990000][/color]
He never said again about paying tithe to make heaven because heaven is our ultimate goal as Christian's. With that been said, Tithing is a "NO" for me as a Christian.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by LastSurvivor11: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Read John 12:3-6. It is very significant..

That part of the scripture are for those who discouraged people from giving to GOD.

Don't stop people from offering their sacrifices to GOD. God loves and appreciate the sacrifices.

Even the Bible verse u quoted sold you out like a common thief as Judas iscariot grin
Just give up bro you have no biblical backing to your lies grin
Everything in Old Testament was abolished by Jesus but not tithe why grin grin
What happened to burnt offerings of cane and Abel u mentioned since you mentioned only tithe grin
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Femich18(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
LastSurvivor11:

Even the Bible verse u quoted sold you out like a common thief as Judas iscariot grin
Just give up bro you have no biblical backing to your lies grin
Everything in Old Testament was abolished by Jesus but not tithe why grin grin
What happened to burnt offerings of cane and Abel u mentioned since you mentioned only tithe grin

You guys won't kill someone with laughter here, but sincerely your Pastors need to give us answers to the funny questions grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by desiredhome: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
ZhugeLiang:

Obvious reasons like what?

Lack of knowledge/wisdom is what is killing Nigerians, some are manipulated, some are born zombies many are ignorant or call it poverty, all clamping to be wise yet are the most foolish people.

Religion and tribalism is like cancer that is eating up the black nations especially,
This is the reason you see someone in abject poverty will be defending criminals just because of religion.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Denikayan: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Heaven is not for stingy people bro.
Always try to give a minimum of 10 percent to GOD ALMIGHTY. Parts of your wealth must go to the poor also

How does your money get to God almighty?

Via jet fuel ?
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Denikayan: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Read John 12:3-6. It is very significant..

That part of the scripture are for those who discouraged people from giving to GOD.

Don't stop people from offering their sacrifices to GOD. God loves and appreciate the sacrifices.

And money is the scarifice Shey?
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Brightest04(m): 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
In everything this man said above,I honestly disagree with the tithe aspect, that when one tithes he's keeping off the devourer.Sorry pastor,there you go wrong.And beside that,tithe is only meant for a certain race and at a certain time.It's not meant for Christians.
What the bible commands Christians to do is never to hold back from giving.I just want to spare us the journey into the scriptures on this for now.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Olumyco:

Sir Tithing is not an Old Testament thing.
Payment of Tithe existed before the law.

Abraham paid Tithe. And it was before the law was given.

Jacob too told God that he would pay his tithe at Bethel which was also before the law.

Genesis 14:18-20 (KJV) And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 28:20-22 (KJV) And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

The law came only to regularize it on how it would be paid and used.

Tithing is under Ceremonial Law. All Ceremonial Laws existed before the law as principles. The law was only given to regularised them.

The Law of Moses is in three categories:
1. Moral Laws
2. Ceremonial Laws
3. Civil Laws

Ceremonial laws are symbolic (that is, allegorical). Meaning they point to something. Animal Sacrifice in old testament is symbolic. It points to Jesus Crucifixion. The only ceremonial law which is not symbolic is Tithing which is an obligation. It is literal. Tithing is an obligation for every Christian. It is 10% or more of your gain.
Tithing is an act of appreciating God for what He has given us.

The Bible is expressed in three language expressions:
1. Symbolic
2. Figurative
3. Literal

Let's be guided God requires our Tithe and there is a Curse on anyone who fails to pay his or her tithe.

Malachi 3:8-10 (KJV) Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Thanks
I have a question : why have you not succumbed to old testament laws like the feast of weeks , feast of tabernacle or Jubilee? Why ? Or why have you forgotten those laws ? Is that you charlatans wish to pick what suits you and your pockets. ...
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by gosmoney(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
You are just a liar. Please where is it written that tithe should be paid by Christian? How can God judge us by what is not written in His word ? Please have a rethink and stop deluding yourself .
oga go and read Malachi 3:10 and stop making unnecessary excuse.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by LastSurvivor11: 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
Femich18:

You guys won't kill someone with laughter here, but sincerely your Pastors need to give us answers to the funny questions grin grin grin grin

Hahaha hahaha
Don't mind those thieves in suit cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
gosmoney:
Malachi is old testament bro. So should we also include animal sacrifices since you also want to take us back to the "old ways " of showing loyalty to God ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by nomoreface: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
gosmoney:

and have u read Deut 14?

all these were even before Grace

1 Like

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by gwama: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
This is your own decision? Are you Jewish or Christian ?? Know that one can not be a Jew and a Christian at the same time. End time pastor, crook. angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by gwama: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
He does not know that since Daddy Freezy has opened our eyes, we have stopped being idiots. cool cool cool
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by correkguy: 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Is good for Christians to pay tithe but the truth is that many of you broke & fake pastors use it to enrich yourselves with SUVs and Private jets
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by iretunde(m): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
All those that talks about tithes are just doing so on the platter of their selfish interests and reasons. Tithe is and to be paid in the land of Israel and not in church. Church is not the right place for tithe to be paid. Christ did not preach tithe and also none of the apostles ever talked about it. If there's no synagogue in Nigeria, then the tithe is to be taken to the synagogue in the land of Israel Let me put this straight any Pastor, I repeat any PASTOR, that asks for a tithe to be paid in the church is a THIEF and nothing but a THIEF. Read Hebrew chapter 8 for more.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by tcharrisson(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
The people of the old that were paying tithe obviously ain't from Nigeria and buhari isn't there president. And most importantly the receivers of those tithes weren't buying private jets.

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Sholasamuel123(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ride on pastor, nobody is forcing you to pay tithe or any seed, is between you and your God, so don't judge anyone so that you won't be judge
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by MOHSHESHI(m): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
Daddy freeze oya ur fud has landed grin grin angry grin
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by ochibuogwu5: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
This is where Jesus mentioned tithe
"“Woe to you, [self-righteous] scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you give a tenth (tithe) of your mint and dill and cumin [focusing on minor matters], and have neglected the weightier [more important moral and spiritual] provisions of the Law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the [primary] things you ought to have done without neglecting the others." {Matthew 23:23 amp}
He did not condemn it however he encouraged giving it with *justice, mercy and faithfulness* as bases for giving this...
The 1st apostles did not pay tithe anywhere in the whole Scriptures however they gave willingly their money, wealth, skill, possessions as much as they can afford in order to help the needy in their midst
thus "Now the company of believers was of one heart and soul, and not one [of them] claimed that anything belonging to him was [exclusively] his own, but everything was common property and for the use of all." {Acts 4:32 amp}
hence St. Paul advised us to give *freely* without *compulsion/brain-washing/manipulations/fear-of-curses* e.t.c even beyond 10% or less depending on what we have decided to give from our heart to *anybody in need* not just to *pastors/priests*
thus
"Now [remember] this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows generously [that blessings may come to others] will also reap generously [and be blessed]. 7 Let each one give [thoughtfully and with purpose] just as he has decided in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver [and delights in the one whose heart is in his gift]. 8 And God is able to make all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come in abundance to you, so that you may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him], and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity." {2 Cor. 9:6-8 amp}
thus thus leads us to the origin of tithe by Abraham which he gave freely to the Priest Melchizedek and not under compulsion or manipulations " Then after Abram’s return from the defeat (slaughter) of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him, the king of Sodom went out to meet him at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King’s Valley). 18 [a]Melchizedek king of Salem (ancient Jerusalem) brought out bread and wine [for them]; he was the priest of [b]God Most High. 19 And Melchizedek blessed Abram and said,

“Blessed (joyful, favored) be Abram by God Most High,
Creator and Possessor of heaven and earth;
And blessed, praised, and glorified be God Most High,
Who has given your enemies into your hand.”

And Abram gave him *a tenth* of all [the treasure he had taken in battle]." (Genesis 14:17-20 amp)
Malachi 3:8-10 often quoted for *devourers* is being misinterpreted for that was the era when the people of God were *starving* the *levites* who in their days do not partake in owning properties, money, salary-work e.t.c from *food* and *building as well as maintaining the place of prayer* hence God had to *emphasize that the Israelites were not building up their faith by such attitudes* which will make them to punish themselves with their own cheating hands hence it is totally out of place to use it now for *Christians* literally in this *new-covenant dispensation* without *balance*, the current balance in our Christian faith now is that we give any percentage both to the brethren or non-brethren as the Holy Spirit instructs not with fear of devourerers or curse meant for the Israelites who were commanded to feed the levitical priest who had no property of their own but rather *served strictly only in the temple*.
I conclude by saying give *tithe/offering/charity* out of cheerfulness, do not limit to 10%, do not limit to Pastors/Priests, allow the Holy Spirit to be the only person that directs your givings and every other aspect of your life thus "If you belong to the Holy Spirit, let the Holy Spirit be the *RULE* of your life" (Galatians 5:25)
and
"Only those controlled by the Holy Spirit are children of God indeed" {Romans 8:14}.
Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shootlion: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2019
Pastors and tithe na five and eight

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Tithing have always been a case controversial issue in the society... Christians disagree over this a lot.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house.apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return? Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment.

You may want to partake in the available promos. Visit our Ikeja Office @ 3/9 Olu Koleosho Street (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE @Kilometer 38, LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY By Mayfair (AWOYAYA). Call +2348027390046.

Click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us. Or if you want to know how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate/Property Business... Join this link together erasing every space and click to chat us ht tp s: / / bit. ly/2ASCSgC

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Olumyco(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
ilofy:
even if you want to use theology the old testament is a shadow of the new testament can you clearly show were Jesus or paul or any other taught about tithing. in Hebrews 7 paul explain a concept were Jesus made reference of tithing He was rebuking the pharisees of their hypocrisy. Jesus taught 100% giving especially to the poor which can also be done through the church. Jacob made a vow when actually God wanted to help him settle the issue o impersonation. after he got the blessing if God did not intervene Esau would have killed him were will he be alive to pay the tithe[url][/url]

I have already said Ceremonial laws are symbolic except Tithing. Just like you said they are shadows. The all are shadows except Tithing. Tithing is a principle. In New Testament we are not bounded to any Moses law as to how it should be paid or what amount to be paid. It is 10% or more. Ceremonial Laws still stands and those symbolic were fulfilled when the reality came. They were not abolished but fulfilled because they have a pointer. Animal Sacrifice, keeping of Sabbath, Circumcision etc are symbolic and points to something. But Tithing is not. Its an obligation. You must pay 10% or 20% or 50% or even 100% of your gain because its a principle of giving back to God a percentage of what God has given you.

Tithing is a type of giving which is unto God. Offering is another type of giving too. Its a Sacrifice and its not about your gain but your heart and can be to anybody or God

Matthew 23:23 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

This verse you made reference to did not say we should not pay Tithe. See Bible has both direct interpretation and contextual interpretation. What this place is saying is like....

"It is good to sing for God, it is good to clean the Church etc, but if you are not saved which is the main thing your labour is in vain... you singing, ushering etc are in vain".

Now, is this analogy saying we should not sing or work for God? No. Its only trying to tell us the main thing which should be the first thing and our main focus.

Jesus was trying to tell the Pharisees that they have neglected the weightier matters of the Law in pursuit of ceremonial part of the law. Not saying they should not pay Tithe. The Pharisees were religious but not spiritual that was why Jesus told them that.

The early Church did not have much problem with Tithing that was why Paul did not write about it to them. They had problem with giving/offering that was why Paul talked to them about offering.
See you will never find things like Masturbation, Smoking in the Bible most especially in Paul's letter to the Churches because they were not issues then. Paul addressed issues then based on the need.
Tithing started before the law and still continues after the law because its an obligation. When God gives you something... he is expecting you to give back to him. Tithing can be any percentage as long as it is from your gain. God demands it. Offering can be to anybody or to God. That is it. But Tithe is unto God.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Olumyco(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
I have a question : why have you not succumbed to old testament laws like the feast of weeks , feast of tabernacle or Jubilee? Why ? Or why have you forgotten those laws ? Is that you charlatans wish to pick what suits you and your pockets. ...

Sir as regards issues like this you have to understand what is called "The Law", the categories and the purpose. There three categories of the law
1. Moral laws
2. Ceremonial laws
3. Civil laws

Each of these laws have their significance. Moral laws were upgraded by Jesus in Matthew 5. Moral Laws do not have pointers. They are not symbolic.
Civil Laws are for the Israelites. Civil laws exist today in our today's countries to moderate our living and business activities.
Ceremonial laws are symbolic. They point to something. Animal Sacrifice, feast of weeks, Sabbath etc are all ceremonial laws pointing to the Gospel. See to understand the law you have to study Leviticus and Hebrews. You cant study only Leviticus and say you have known the law. No. You need to read Hebrews. Also you need to read the Epistles to understand the Gospels in the new testament.
Like I said Tithing is the only ceremonial law that does not point to anything. All Ceremonial laws existed before the law. That should tell you that they still stand.
Only that now you are working with the original and not the sample again. I can learn hair plaiting/weaving through the use of a doll/dummy as long as it has a head and hair. But after learning and having my own shop I don't need to use a doll again because its a pointer. Its a shadow of the real human beings I will be dealing with in the future. In my shop I just plait and weave the hair of people that comes. Now, has the principle of plaiting or weaving changed even with dealing with real humans? No. The principle remains but the object has changed. So is with Ceremonial Laws. Tithing has no pointer... only principle and it still continues to be what it is. No where in the new testament is written that Christians should not pay tithe. No where. Tithing is a principle and obligation and it must be obeyed. Its a command. Going against it can land one in hell. I am not saying it is what we take Christians to heaven but after Salvation if you dont do it you risk heaven.. just like if you dont evangelize you risk heaven.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by mastar111: 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

The Apostles paid more than tithe. They sold their properties and use the money for GOD's work.

Always give to GOD what belongs to GOD.

A good church uses your tithes for evangelism, helping the congregation and . not for pastor's enrichment

U didn't answer the question. Tithe is different from selling all u have.

Did they sell all they had every month?

Am not against giving, but

Did the Apostles pay tithes?
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
Olumyco:

Sir as regards issues like this you have to understand what is called "The Law", the categories and the purpose. There three categories of the law
1. Moral laws
2. Ceremonial laws
3. Civil laws

Each of these laws have their significance. Moral laws were upgraded by Jesus in Matthew 5. Moral Laws do not have pointers. They are not symbolic.
Civil Laws are for the Israelites. Civil laws exist today in our today's countries to moderate our living and business activities.
Ceremonial laws are symbolic. They point to something. Animal Sacrifice, feast of weeks, Sabbath etc are all ceremonial laws pointing to the Gospel. See to understand the law you have to study Leviticus and Hebrews. You cant study only Leviticus and say you have known the law. No. You need to read Hebrews. Also you need to read the Epistles to understand the Gospels in the new testament.
Like I said Tithing is the only ceremonial law that does not point to anything. All Ceremonial laws existed before the law. That should tell you that they still stand.
Only that now you are working with the original and not the sample again. I can learn hair plaiting/weaving through the use of a doll/dummy as long as it has a head and hair. But after learning and having my own shop I don't need to use a doll again because its a pointer. Its a shadow of the real human beings I will be dealing with in the future. In my shop I just plait and weave the hair of people that comes. Now, has the principle of plaiting or weaving changed even with dealing with real humans? No. The principle remains but the object has changed. So is with Ceremonial Laws. Tithing has no pointer... only principle and it still continues to be what it is. No where in the new testament is written that Christians should not pay tithe. No where. Tithing is a principle and obligation and it must be obeyed. Its a command. Going against it can land one in hell. I am not saying it is what we take Christians to heaven but after Salvation if you dont do it you risk heaven.. just like if you dont evangelize you risk heaven.
Oga, your analogy has no biblical backing so stop with the bullshit. The law was the law then(whether moral , ceremonial or civil ) ; and once you were guilty of one , you were guilty of all (James 2:10). Tithing was a covenant and an old testament law , just as the circumcision was a covenant and an old testament law . And Christ through His death has released us from the bondage of the law (old testament ) ,and establish with us a new covenant which deals with the heart ; not works.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shanana1(m): 6:43am On Mar 27, 2019
ollah2:

Why observe only the tithe part and ignore the remaining? You guys are bunch of confused hypocrites
Listen to urself, did u mention other laws? The topic here is based on tithe, and u re not in support of it. I think u re the one that is confused trying to turn bible upside down...Pls be reading ur bible if you have one and stop being an enemy of the gospel..
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by ollah2: 7:27am On Mar 27, 2019
Shanana1:

Listen to urself, did u mention other laws? The topic here is based on tithe, and u re not in support of it. I think u re the one that is confused trying to turn bible upside down...Pls be reading ur bible if you have one and stop being an enemy of the gospel..

Comprehension is your problem
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Olumyco(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2019
Shelumiel:
Oga, your analogy has no biblical backing so stop with the bullshit. The law was the law then(whether moral , ceremonial or civil ) ; and once you were guilty of one , you were guilty of all (James 2:10). Tithing was a covenant and an old testament law , just as the circumcision was a covenant and an old testament law . And Christ through His death has released us from the bondage of the law (old testament ) ,and establish with us a new covenant which deals with the heart ; not works.

Sir you don't know the law. If you do you won't respond like this. I recommend you critically study your Leviticus and Hebrews very well. Do you even know why the law existed in the first place? Do you know why we still need to study Old testament? Why is the old testament still part of our Bible? Do you know that it is the law that developed into the Gospel just like a child develops into an adult.

I already told you Tithing and other Ceremonial law began before the law. God himself killed a lamb in the garden of eden which point to Jesus. Noah, Abel, Abraham and co all performed Animal Sacrifice before the law. God himself observed Sabbath. Abraham performed Circumcision. Abraham paid tithe and so on. So what are you saying? Was the law given before that time. The law came through Moses to the Children of Israel to regularised Ceremonial Laws. The law did not birth Tithing, Animal Sacrifice, Sabbath and co. It only came to regularise it because God was dealing with a whole nation. The law birthed Moral and Civil Laws but not Ceremonial ones.
You have to under the different categories of the law.
I think you should be able to understand these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady With Blocked Fallopian Tube Shares Testimony, Now Has 3 Kids / Omokri To Pastors: Sell Your Private Jets, Use The Money To Feed The Poor / Giv God A Great Name From Yr Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.