Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse (41003 Views)

Marriage Vows: The Double Standard, Hypocrisy Of Oyedepo / Church Of Satan Reacts As Daddy Freeze Says Marriage Vows Are Satanic / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shepherd00:

And you who think you are wise are actually the stupid one.

You See what I was saying.. cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by HigherEd: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
Onyekapray do you have the ebook for The Tongue Trap By Olukoya? If not can you send me a screenshot of where Olukoya made statements against marital vows. Thank you...
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Truefaith: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
HigherEd:

Oh pls can you shut up already

So many more people may be deceived into occultism thinking they were attending a Christian church?

Close your eyes next time you see my comments. That is within your right

Your right does not extend to commanding me or anyone else not to air his views.

David Oyedepo is NOT a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is a SORCERER.

Only Sorcerers bring out LIVE SNAKES AND SCORPIONS from the bodies of their devotees.

The commitment of this writer against COUNTERFEIT CHRISTIANITY is total.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2017/10/24/counterfeit-christianity-the-deception-of-the-elect-part-one/

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by dabossman(m): 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ubenedictus:
What do u understand by the terM vow?

A vow is a solemn promise, simple and short. It is a pledge or commitment to do something. No need over-spiritualizing it. It is Iike saying the national pledge and meaning it. Like taking a oath in court and doing just that. It's like a doctor taking the Hippocratic oath or a politician being sworn into office.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by bezimo(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Pastor worshipper, what type of joke is this?

There are also 1000 ministers with more experience, conselling and weddings than oyedepo who will testify that it is not a curse but a true vow of comitment.

Use your own brain and be ready to know when a pastor is talk trash.

Its not pastor worshiping it is following those with wisdom and proofs to show not talking nonsense chaff like you are doing .
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Soki234: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
The church wedding is also "unscriptural" since it wasn't mentioned in the Bible.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by germaphobe(m): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Chuvin22:

I don’t consider atheism a religion. When I mentioned religion I know what I was talking about and there are bunch of people on this forum who knows what I’m talking bout too.

Religion is what it is. Don’t bring atheism close to it. Atheism is a belief.

Look for good books and read.
if atheism is a belief, then what is belief. Confuse people like us everywhere?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ojex004: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Purej:
Daddy freeze said the exact thing on the 20th March 2019. A confirmation that he knows what he's saying. I just hope the Nigerian pastors will accept criticism and do the needful where necessary.

but baba supporters no gree with frezz then. they keep attacking him here
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by bereto(m): 6:04am On Mar 27, 2019
HigherEd:

Very valid point. However those kind of people are those without any moral compass. Vow or no vow one should first marry someone who fears God.

Unfortunately, many who break those vows suffer consequences they can't trace to the vows they made...

Let me say it this way, Marriage is a covenant or agreement. And every agreement has terms and conditions - for the good times and the bad times.
And the conditions of a Christian marriage is no retreat no surrender! And in that moment the minister flashes that reality in your eyes you know what you are getting yourself into.

Read this.

On the other hand I know Oyedepo doesn't believe in divorce but he has a problem with professing anything negative. His wife lived with him inside his beetle car, ate baby food with him during the not so financially bright days of the church. This she did even though she was a first class graduate of OAU who by virtue of her degree could have jumped ship and go look for paid employment. He also stood by her during all her health challenges.

In church circles today one of the ways you can look for Oyedepo's trouble is to say the evident. 'The church account is low', 'Sir you are sick' - those are words he hates and can sack a person for... So I know he is not trying to say ppl should abandon their partners when things are tough but he believes pronouncing the negative is equally wrong.

I believe he and his wife said it then when they got married now look at their lives I think the statement is not negative but informing you of the fact people think twice before going into marriage just because of it if you remove it bet you someone will come tomorrow and say he/she wants to divorce their spouse because of maybe a bedridden sickness and when you try to defend it they tell you I didn't say it in my vows. How would you profess a vow of commitment and everything is positive it's not a blessing o
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by bereto(m): 6:05am On Mar 27, 2019
HigherEd:

Very valid point. However those kind of people are those without any moral compass. Vow or no vow one should first marry someone who fears God.

Unfortunately, many who break those vows suffer consequences they can't trace to the vows they made...

Let me say it this way, Marriage is a covenant or agreement. And every agreement has terms and conditions - for the good times and the bad times.
And the conditions of a Christian marriage is no retreat no surrender! And in that moment the minister flashes that reality in your eyes you know what you are getting yourself into.

Read this.

On the other hand I know Oyedepo doesn't believe in divorce but he has a problem with professing anything negative. His wife lived with him inside his beetle car, ate baby food with him during the not so financially bright days of the church. This she did even though she was a first class graduate of OAU who by virtue of her degree could have jumped ship and go look for paid employment. He also stood by her during all her health challenges.

In church circles today one of the ways you can look for Oyedepo's trouble is to say the evident. 'The church account is low', 'Sir you are sick' - those are words he hates and can sack a person for... So I know he is not trying to say ppl should abandon their partners when things are tough but he believes pronouncing the negative is equally wrong.

I believe he and his wife said it then when they got married now look at their lives I think the statement is not negative but informing you of the fact people think twice before going into marriage just because of it if you remove it bet you someone will come tomorrow and say he/she wants to divorce their spouse because of maybe a bedridden sickness and when you try to defend it they tell you I didn't say it in my vows. How would you profess a vow of commitment and everything is positive it's not a blessing o
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ebilomaofficial1: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2019
esere826:

The vow should not be "for better for worse"
Instead it should be "through all time"
you funny like fish... what difference that make
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by MrGerald(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2019
blackpanthar:
you can HATE the man for all I care.... I do not follow any pastor.... I have read my bible for myself and I personally know it is not there... so even if it was daddy freezer or princess shyngle that said it.... I WOULD GLADLY SAY.... YES O.... without consulting your intelligence.

So because it is not in the Bible therefore it's not valid, God created us in his own image and has given us power of discretion, and remember not everything Jesus did was written in the scriptures John 21:25

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by blackpanthar: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2019
lol... bros bros... no go there o... lemme help you SEE.

ABEG I hope you know MARRIAGE is not a HUMAN THING... It is an INSTITUTION SOLELY FROM GOD and BY GOD.... and He only one who can set the boundaries, premise and foundation for it.

So NOW tell me who in the world can ADD to what God has clearly and finitely finished. You create something that only you can do and can guard or guide then the person you created it for.... now want's to ADJUST it to suit their own purpose.... PLS lets not act like we KNOW more then GOD.

On other issues yes man can bring in creative additives BUT ON MARRIAGE... it is CLEAR and FINITE.

ELSE we should also say GOD DIDN'T SAY A MAN CAN NOT MARRY MORE THAN ONE WIFE... that it is only for BISHOPS/PASTORS....

then where would we end up as a generation.
THE PROPHECY STATES THAT TWO SHALL BECOME ONE... and that is how it is to be... but in conclusion... this is the scripture that crowns it all.

Revelation 22:18-19 The Message (MSG)
18-19 I give fair warning to all who hear the words of the prophecy of this book: If you add to the words of this prophecy, God will add to your life the disasters written in this book; if you subtract from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will subtract your part from the Tree of Life and the Holy City that are written in this book.

MrGerald:
So because it is not in the Bible therefore it's not valid, God created us in his own image and has given us power of discretion, and remember not everything Jesus did was written in the scriptures John 21:25
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shepherd00: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chuvin22:

You See what I was saying.. cheesy
No, you don't.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2019
Shepherd00:

No, you don't.
tongue cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by glozyyy(m): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
too bad for you all cus it is written that time will come where the true word of God will scarce as and ppl will run to and fro just to find it but they shall find it not.......all I see is faulse prophet twisting the word of God

TB Joshua: Cameroonian Doctor Healed Of COVID-19 Disease / Owerri Priest Celebrates Independence Day On Dirty Douglas Road (Photos) / 5 Animals Africans See As Evil