Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse (41015 Views)

Marriage Vows: The Double Standard, Hypocrisy Of Oyedepo / Church Of Satan Reacts As Daddy Freeze Says Marriage Vows Are Satanic / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by HigherEd: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Icon79:
It's funny because when Daddy Freeze made this same argument a few weeks ago, all the man worshippers we have here in the forum started calling him all sorts of names. Now, the same folks are lining up behind Oyedepo, even though he just copied from Daddy Freeze. An average Nigerian Christian needs deliverance because they are, in reality, worshipping men in the name of God!

O pari
Don't be dull, living faith doesn't permit those vows since time immemorial.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by mabea: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Let the weak say I am strong.
some group of people will not like this but I agree though. For better for worse is redundant because the scripture already tell us not to put asunder what has been joined together.
Saying for better for for worse again is like trying to take an insurance policy backed by the altar and congregation.
Well said
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by crackhouse(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
Na wa ooh. So when the going is good we should stay but when things are tough we should leave?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by matiuni: 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
HigherEd:

Hmm I u understand why ministers of the faith movement, the likes of Hagin, Oyedepo and Copeland would thoroughly hate that line because most believe the redemption package doesn't permit Christians to be sick or poor in the first place. But the reality is that many Christians live short of God's desire for their divine health and financial prosperity. And you don't want a situation where marriages collapse because of money or health issues.

Therefore, that line though Unscriptural was a necessary innovation from the medieval church to bring marriage partners into a vow bound by death. To ensure that no one jumps ship when things get low - which in many cases it does. In doing so, the church has removed the option of divorcing your partner for circumstantial reasons and reinforced that it would not be part to relationships inspired by benefits only.

My reservation is when major ministries abandon that line it would further weaken people's commitment to lifelong marital covenants.

The only evil the church has been culpable in is not encouraging victims of marital abuse to separate from their abusive spouses - something the church must work on.

I yanked off all these funny vows from my marriage vow and to my in laws then,this is another husband that will chicken away if there is any problem.To the glory of God,we are still together after more than 2 decades.The just should learn to live by their faith
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by fredie107(m): 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
Every Child of God is bound to face challenges, whether in marriage, work place etc. Therefore, when you are taught to believe otherwise, you will not figure out how to face those challenges because you were never prepared. So marriage is for better for worse. The only criteria Jesus gave for divorce is in the area of Infidelity.

Only those who understand what it means to fear God will stick to that vow but those who are stocked with "Faith this" "Faith that", "I shall not be sick" "I shall not die" (Will you live forever ni?) grin

I totally disagree with Oyedepo if he ever said this. Because I have seen those whose vow was for better for better yet they are no longer together. And these are members of his church.

In essence, what he is saying is that, if my wife is sick, I should dump her for another abi

#StopLivinginPretence and Face reality.....
#CaseClosed

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by MrGerald(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
blackpanthar:
yes o
If he say it's good you'll still shout yes oo...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Marculey58: 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
Idiot
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by matiuni: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
There is a force that attract to you what you are expecting.If you are not expecting something,why saying it? That is called guile and the Bible is against it.Say no to what you don't want and God will back you up.James 4.7
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
MelaninGold:
please explain your statement?it is too deep.

I can’t do this dear.
You have to find this truth yourself.

I sent you a message.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Zubi10(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2019
this man have started again. christains and thier wahala
HigherEd:
All that "for better for worse, in sickness and in health", that people recite as marriage vows is unscriptural! It is a curse!

Dr David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1620543638089501/

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ransomed: 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2019
Iziquiel:

I'm glad you guys didn't pronounce "that curse" but I want to ask you a question, have you or your spouse fallen ill since you got married to each other?
....Thank God you asked about illness and not sickness.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by HigherEd: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2019
Truefaith:
It is necessary you start to listen to David Oyedepo with your Bible, not your mind, open.

He teaches that blessings and curses reside in your mouth, not in the mouth of God.

According to him, you are a god and you can, therefore, say things into existence.

This is the source of his teachings. But it's not from the Bible. It is from Hinduism. It's occultism.

You are blessed if you are a Christian, not a deceived word of faith idol worshipper.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com/
Oh pls can you shut up already

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by xcessm: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
sinaj:
Thats why marriages dont last these days because these new generation churches make people believe that marriage is a bed of roses.

We now practice religion of convenience. Anything that is demanding jump and pass
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by toolovely(m): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
jericco1:
tell them sir... it is an eternal curse!

thats a big lie..... so you want to tell me that all the people that took that vow are ll cursed? or you want to tell me that the people that didnt take that vow are far more richer than all the people that took the vow?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by toolovely(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
ransomed:

so, none of your church member in nigeria is suffering from stroke, diabetes, kidney problem?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by jericco1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
toolovely:

thats a big lie..... so you want to tell me that all the people that took that vow are ll cursed? or you want to tell me that the people that didnt take that vow are far more richer than all the people that took the vow?

it has nothing to do with all that
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shepherd00: 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
jchioma:
So many practices in religion today are just fetishes of the past clothed in 'holy' garb.

There is a thin line between native doctors and these so called pastors and imams.
What you failed to know is that Native doctors plagiarize everything Christians do, not the other way round.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shepherd00: 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
Chuvin22:
I hate religion. You can’t practice it with normal sense. You have to be stupid. undecided
And you who think you are wise are actually the stupid one.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ochibuogwu5: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
How does people like this *integrate* the teachings of GOD(JESUS CHRIST) in John 16:33 thus "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." {KJV} or "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]" (John 16:33 amp) inside MARRIAGE?
For better for worst is not a curse rather *it is the declaration of unconditional love from both spouses* being mindful of our existence in a world were *devil also operates* however standing on God's grace and mercy our *faith in Christ Jesus* conquers all *situations of living here on earth*.
Great Grace Brethren!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by jchioma: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shepherd00:

What you failed to know is that Native doctors plagiarize everything Christians do, not the other way round.

How long has Christianity and Islam been in Africa?

You will know when you understand what I know.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by SOFTENGR: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
frank317:
For better for worst is not curse this man should stop of all ready.

There is no relationship without it's ups and down, even his own.

Christians like living in this dream world that has never been realistic. If u like say the vow, if u like don't say the vow...ups and down must come and u must deal with them as couples who want to work out.

While we hope for the best we will go through tough times together... What's a curse in this statement? SMH.
Even Apostle Paul wrote in 2Cor 12:10: "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (KJV)
So who says Christians don't have problems? anyone want who teaches what is not in the scripture as as gospel is described in Gal 1:8, which reads: "However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed".
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shepherd00: 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2019
jchioma:

Meaning?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Haba Daddy, you want to promote promiscuity ne?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shepherd00: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
jchioma:

What has the time Christianity has been in Africa got to do with the Op?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by bimbology(m): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=HigherEd post=76995164]All that "for better for worse, in sickness and in health", that people recite as marriage vows is unscriptural! It is a curse!

Dr David Oyedepo

So what exackly is the message?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by bimbology(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=HigherEd post=76995164]All that "for better for worse, in sickness and in health", that people recite as marriage vows is unscriptural! It is a curse!

Dr David Oyedepo
So wat exackly is d message?daz a fact bt nt d truth.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Iziquiel(m): 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
ransomed:
I wish you consulted Google or your dictionary before quoting me. Lol
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by blackpanthar: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
you can HATE the man for all I care.... I do not follow any pastor.... I have read my bible for myself and I personally know it is not there... so even if it was daddy freezer or princess shyngle that said it.... I WOULD GLADLY SAY.... YES O.... without consulting your intelligence.

MrGerald:
If he say it's good you'll still shout yes oo...
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by onyekapray: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
I like the fact that many denominations are seeing what Dr. Olukoya of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries saw years ago and that is why that Church does not wed using that statement as he opined in his book, that it is the major cause of marital problems that bedeviled Christian Unions. This he said was what the LORD revealed to him when he prayed. You can read Dr Olukoya's book tagged "Tongue Trap" for further clarifications.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
chudez0147:
He just figured out... what was he doing all the time??

Having been a Winner for years, I know this didn't just come up today.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by jchioma: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shepherd00:

What has the time Christianity has been in Africa got to do with the Op?

You said that Native doctors plagiarize everything Christians do, not the other way round.

I now asked you how long has Christianity and Islam been in Africa? Do you know we have had native doctors since like forever?

Follow the pattern of your thoughts and see why I will not mention you again, I am sorry.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shepherd00: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
jchioma:

You said that Native doctors plagiarize everything Christians do, not the other way round.

I now asked you how long has Christianity and Islam been in Africa? Do you know we have had native doctors since like forever?

Follow the pattern of your thoughts and see why I will not mention you again, I am sorry.
The question shd be How long has Jehovah and Satan been in existence, not when Christianity got here.

Satan copys God, not the other way round maybe you want it this way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Washes His Feet/Face On The Head Of His Church Members / Lizzy Johnson Suleman Celebrates Her Birthday In Style (Photos) / Oyedepo & Wife Celebrate 33-Years Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.