Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse (41013 Views)

Marriage Vows: The Double Standard, Hypocrisy Of Oyedepo / Church Of Satan Reacts As Daddy Freeze Says Marriage Vows Are Satanic / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Truefaith: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree:
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith".
Galatians 3:13-14

True Christians, real believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, not Pentecostals and Charismatics, ARE BLESSED. They CANNOT be cursed again.

NEVER!

Mr Oyedepo does not know that.

He is not a Christian. He is someone going about writing his own bible and formulating his own religion.

No curse can affect anyone who is IN Christ, Who IS IN God, the Father.

People who bring out LIVE SNAKES AND SCORPIONS from the bodies of their devotees are Hindus and Sorcerers.

David Oyedepo's job is to sow fear in your heart.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you
. John 14:20

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/david-oyedepo-just-cant-hide-his-hatred-for-god/

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
I hate religion.
You can’t practice it with normal sense. You have to be stupid. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Truefaith: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Read your Bible.

David Oyedepo does not preach the Bible or the Lord Jesus Christ.

No curse, none, for those who are truly in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Allow no one to sow fear in you in any way.

Covenants of faithfulness to your spouse is supported by God. Teaching it is not is false doctrine.

Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. Malachi 2:14

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2017/02/20/is-the-winners-chapel-a-christian-church/

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by SOFTENGR: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
DjAduba:
Confusion everywhere.... Fela na em talk am.
Imam Na gbaladun, bishop Na enjoyment grin
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Libo45: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Nigerians are funny sha. So when you refrain from making the vow.. Sickness and poverty won't come to you ryt? A vow is a sacred promise that no matter what you'll stick with your partner. Simple. Let's continue to be blind the realities of life sha.

8 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Forreellinc: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
grin this one dey regret because e wife no fine
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Purej: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
Daddy freeze said the exact thing on the 20th March 2019. A confirmation that he knows what he's saying. I just hope the Nigerian pastors will accept criticism and do the needful where necessary.

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by frank317: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
For better for worst is not curse this man should stop of all ready.

There is no relationship without it's ups and down, even his own.

Christians like living in this dream world that has never been realistic. If u like say the vow, if u like don't say the vow...ups and down must come and u must deal with them as couples who want to work out.

While we hope for the best we will go through tough times together... What's a curse in this statement? SMH.

8 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Uyi168: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
Daddy GO is always right!..
Ride on sir!!
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by SOFTENGR: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
Chuvin22:
I hate religion
Every man has a religion, even atheists do. So don't hate yourself. Rather have a dislike for deceitful religion.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Shampoo77: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
Am beginning to fall in love with this Bishop and his church than the vice president's church,,,
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
Confused crooked pastor, is he planning to Divorce his wife or what? Their preaching always changes when it comes to their own sins.

This his words will backclash on him, His blind gullible followers will wake up soon and realise that he has been scamming them grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by grafixdon: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
HigherEd:

Hmm I u understand why ministers of the faith movement, the likes of Hagin, Oyedepo and Copeland would thoroughly hate that line because most believe the redemption package doesn't permit Christians to be sick or poor in the first place. But the reality is that many Christians live short of God's desire for their divine health and financial prosperity. And you don't want a situation where marriages collapse because of money or health issues.

Therefore, that line though Unscriptural was a necessary innovation from the medieval church to bring marriage partners into a vow bound by death. To ensure that no one jumps ship when things get low - which in many cases it does. In doing so, the church has removed the option of divorcing your partner for circumstantial reasons and reinforced that it would not be part to relationships inspired by benefits only.

My reservation is when major ministries abandon that line it would further weaken people's commitment to lifelong marital covenants.

The only evil the church has been culpable in is not encouraging victims of marital abuse to separate from their abusive spouses - something the church must work on.

you're highly intelligent
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Temsirim(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
This is serious.

Marriage is a serious thing. We can't just adjust the pillars whichever way we want. Apostle Paul taught marriage in a more deeper sense than we understand from society view. We need to first understand this divine union from God's point of view before thrusting our opinion.

It is well.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by taurusmena1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Daddy freeze said it and all hell was let loose. Now Oyedepo says same thing and u see supporters club to the rescue cheering him on.

Hypocrites of this era no get pair..

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ItzDonDaddy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by IjebuWarrior: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
For better or worse. Simply means endurance.

Simple! But yet, some of these weak minded fools will fall for the words of these corrupt clergymen! Clergymen like Oyedepo manipulate the scriptures to suit themselves for the most part.

The white people that introduced Christianity to us practice it perfectly NOT the way we practice it here in Africa like an occult.

Blind leaders of the blind!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Sakamaje: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
Scam. Marriage, though good, is an invention of man and not from any god somewhere. Nobody should need any vow to remain with a partner.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
Religion and Christianity are also a scam

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Every man has a religion, even atheists do. So don't hate yourself. Rather have a dislike for deceitful religion.

I don’t consider atheism a religion. When I mentioned religion I know what I was talking about and there are bunch of people on this forum who knows what I’m talking bout too.

Religion is what it is. Don’t bring atheism close to it. Atheism is a belief.

Look for good books and read.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ransomed: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Thank God we did not pronounce that wicked curse with our mouth. Sickness and poverty we reject.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by popelix: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Make ur vow and move on, don't demonize other people's believe..

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Biggers82(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
Taa short up that your dirty mouth
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by KaptainAfrika: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
I have one question : was his wife not sick at one point in time ?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by formular2002(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
The only question I have for papa (If this post is True) is, What then happens to the marriage when one or both partners are/is in sickness or poverty? Does that end the marriage?
From a personal point of view, there is nothing wrong with the Vow. I also made d vow and its worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by Chukwuka16: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
HigherEd:
All that "for better for worse, in sickness and in health", that people recite as marriage vows is unscriptural! It is a curse!

Dr David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1620543638089501/

It is unfortunate that Christians today believe that the salvation package excludes us totally from life's vicissitudes.

One wonders what breed of Christians are now being bred.

Heros of faith from time immemorial have suffered one hardship or the other for purposes only God has the answer.

Many have died in accidents and others have been claimed by sicknesses. We cant question God why He chooses for such to happen, we can only pray to find mercies before Him.

The vicissitudes of life do not prevent us from exercising faith but then we must be balanced Christians especially when it comes to our expectations and perspectives.

The vows have a way of evoking commitment from the parties and has survived over time. Is the bishop acknowledging that he has been wrong over time or is he just waking up to this so called realisation?

May God give us understanding and occupy us profitably.

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by sacramento1212: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
sinaj:
Thats why marriages dont last these days because these new generation churches make people believe that marriage is a bed of roses.

Are you not a member of the same new generational churches rivers lady?
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by lonelydora: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
HigherEd:
All that "for better for worse, in sickness and in health", that people recite as marriage vows is unscriptural! It is a curse!

Dr David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/1620543638089501/

Very true. The bible said "Our lights shall shine brighter and brighter..." and not "brighter and dim"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by ObongawanAKS(f): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
chudez0147:
He just figured out... what was he doing all the time??
It has always been a norm in LFC since inception.
Re: Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse by senatrpaichulo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
HigherEd:

Hmm I u understand why ministers of the faith movement, the likes of Hagin, Oyedepo and Copeland would thoroughly hate that line because most believe the redemption package doesn't permit Christians to be sick or poor in the first place. But the reality is that many Christians live short of God's desire for their divine health and financial prosperity. And you don't want a situation where marriages collapse because of money or health issues.

Therefore, that line though Unscriptural was a necessary innovation from the medieval church to bring marriage partners into a vow bound by death. To ensure that no one jumps ship when things get low - which in many cases it does. In doing so, the church has removed the option of divorcing your partner for circumstantial reasons and reinforced that it would not be part to relationships inspired by benefits only.

My reservation is when major ministries abandon that line it would further weaken people's commitment to lifelong marital covenants.

The only evil the church has been culpable in is not encouraging victims of marital abuse to separate from their abusive spouses - something the church must work on.
I hardly quote anyone here, but this is spot on and so intelligent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Washes His Feet/Face On The Head Of His Church Members / Lizzy Johnson Suleman Celebrates Her Birthday In Style (Photos) / Oyedepo & Wife Celebrate 33-Years Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.