Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,289 members, 7,846,318 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' (14042 Views)

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP / We’re Identifying Banks, Countries Where Stolen Funds Were Lodged — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by sweetguy10(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2010
And some people are calling it an ERROR  shocked shocked 9 billy ? Na na na something fishy happened . Maybe the guy's account was used as some kind of cloud to cover the path of the money . This same thing happened to a friend of mine whose account (SKYE BANK) was credited by 6pm .The money was close to half a million . He was confused and believed it's some 419 shyts . I told him to let's go withdraw/transfer the darn money he said no . The funny thing that happened was that between 1 am and 3 am he got alerts repeatedly that the account was debited #120k at first #300k and the last was around 2:35 am for an amount of #75k. It's a savings account. Please do banks operate around 1 am and 3 am ? he went to the bank the next day and made a complaint the lady directed him to the Manager then the manager gave him a nice speech that "it's some financial error and it will be investigated" . The man ager told him to delete the messages from his phone and when the guy was about leaving the bank the manager gave him #10,000 because he is an " honest customer" and the fo ol did nothing or made a report since then .
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Ayowumie(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2010
This guy is silly o. How cud he have re-lodged the money into his account. It wasnt an error in any way. If it was an error, there would be traces of where the money was from. What really was that, the guy's account was used as a front for an illegal transaction. That was why the trace of the money cud not be found. The guy also behaved stupidly by returning the 20k he withdrew. What a miss opportunity.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Osama10(m): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
This one is very funny oh. grin
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by goodiz(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
slap1:

Chairman you misdiagnosed the whole thing. If the money was lodged into that account, mistakenly especially, it's procedural that the guy be alerted 'cos the system is automated. Nothing happened. My theory is the money was suppossed to cool off in an 'innocent' account for the weekend before being moved, probably to a foreign bank. Then when the account suddenly got 'guilty', the money was quickly moved(as would have happened, anyway). And you'd be making a clown of yourself if you think the cashiers at the counter handle transactions of that magnitude. It is handled by the managers damagers, and it's not even a diurnal affair!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by babybutter: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
Most of you obviously never read the 'terms and conditions' the bank give to u for opening an account,
Even if the money was paid in mistakingly, they have no right whatsoever to move the money without getting permission from the account holder. It is wrong to move money out of an account without the person being aware, wether it was a mistake in the first place or not.
And hey! There should b traces of it in his statement,
Someone has mistakingly paid in money into my account before and i was called by the bank manager to come to the bank, i signed a document before the money was moved.
So guys, if u're not sure of something, just shut up!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by tellbiodun(f): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hmm. Na wao. Plenty things dey happen for this country.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
Mobinga:

Kai!! The guy dull! Very dull boy!
We should ask if the ATM MACHINE HAS A MAXIMUM WITHDRAWAL LIMIT. [The ATM Machine would definitely have a limit]
The dude should simply have walked into a bigger, and better branch and should have transferred some of the money to another account, the boy DULL!!!
See this kain Bonanza angry
how can this be possible when he's restricted to a minimum withdrawal of #100k per day. . .i guess it will take a lifetime before he could finish off the money.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by sayso: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2010
for me I will use online transfer on that dough.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2010
sayso:

how ?
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Akwasi(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2010
You guys can say all that you want but the same thing happened to me in Ghana here. When I was in the University, I used my phone to check my balance because I needed to fast cash to sort a lady out.

To my astonishment, my balance has grown by not less that $100,000 equivalent in cedis. I immediately went to another branch of the bank and withdrew $10,000 equivalent in cedis.

The next day, the remaining balance was gone from my account including my own $700 cedis equivalent. When the statement came in at the end of the month, there was no trace of the money in my account and no-one asked me about the $10,000 since.

Needless to say, I was then not born again but its funny I don't regret y action on that day
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Goldenmeda(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
2010/2011 election (PRESIDENTIAL SEAT) i reserve my comment,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by toosoon(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2010
sayso:

correct man!!! you will use GTB online transfer to any other account of your choice, maximum transaction per day is five, N250k per transfer, you will have N1.25 million and if the next day you find out the money has been remove you will quickly close your acct. Sharp Man grin
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by PRD(m): 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2010
Kai! they should have tried using a correct Lagos Island guy account, and I can imagine what the guy will do.
First max out his ATM, then call all his guys to get any FBN account as much as they can get for a commission.
Then look for the nearest cyber cafe close to an ATM machine, it will Transfer and withdraw all night.
The following morning, the guy will be no where to be found!

This can only to an Ibadan Poly guy not a Lagos Poly guy, if you know what I mean.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by odedele: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2010
dis should b thoroughly investigated. MONEY LAUNDRY!!! HOP SANUSI WILL NOT TURN DEAF EAR 2 DIS
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by philip0906(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
too_soon:

correct man!!! you will use GTB online transfer to any other account of your choice, maximum transaction per day is five, N250k per transfer, you will have N1.25 million and if the next day you find out the money has been remove you will quickly close your acct. Sharp Man grin
grin grin grin
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by kcblast(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
This is sooooo unbelievable.
Anyway,i wish this happened 2 me.I'll make sure dat i withdrew everything right inside d vault dat very night. Or  i'll just look 4 a good lawyer & sue them 4 heart-attack & insults recieved 4rm d goddamn bank.HOW I WISH!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by nitrogen(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
@op, the guy na ode
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by safariman(m): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2010
On the surface, it appears to be a posting error. Politician who wants to launder $60,000,000 will not use a savings or passbook account (hard to transfer). They, politician in cohort with the banks can set up dummy accounts to use for money laundering, they don't need to be gambling and waiting for the account holder not to notice before siphoning back out.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by patani(m): 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hello Poster,

You can sue the bank and get the money back, Simply get a good lawyer and prove to a court of law that the money has changed your life style, Provided you statement of account shows the wrong posting, (This is proved by Nigerian Banking law)Best of luck
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by sirp2007: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2010
This is posting error nothing more.U cannot move 9.3billion into any account without the entire bank system knowing it,for my accounting friends u know for every credit there must be a corresponding debit since that Cash is coming from somewhere.
2dly, Anybody laundry such amount is nt a novice they will know better way of doing it clean,also know that they don't transfer naira out of the country.Those that are looting us do it in foreign currency.y would did use somebody`s acct with risk of d actual owner tempering with it when they can open fake account or better still use dead person`s account
3dly this kind of error is nt new.it happened in Britain sometime this yr where a bank erroneously credit a customer with millions of pounds.
Also there was a time where gsm subscribers saw outrageous airtime in their credit bal was that airtime laundry grin at least my elder brother was credited with #244,000 airtime by mtn.
As for the statement nt showing the transactions its no big deal as u are only allow to see what u should see,error of this magnitude is enough to sack a whole lot of staff hence the deliberate editing.
This nt a case of money laundry but posting error.

for those of us saying d guy is foolish, i beg to disagree rather the guy is wise.what goes around comes around.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2010
mehn i wouldnt even lie to u if it where me i will withdraw as much as the ATM permits me on the spot, its not stealing, i saw a gift in MY account and gracefully accepted it tongue
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2010
^^^^ it happened to me once when i playfully checked my ATM knowing fully well there was no money in my account. i was surprised when i saw a balance of £350 on thw screen. i wtdhdrew my daily limit of £200 on the spot without thinking twice. i was feeling really lucky till my mum called later that evening asking if i had recieved the money she sent that morning angry kmt.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by hectorswag(m): 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2010
Obviously the bank erased every trace of lodging such amount in the guys account, so all that talk about suing the bank doesn't hold. Even though they are fully aware and involved in the deed. Right now there is no proof of such transaction, except the receipt issued by the atm machine. Which is a powerful tool for investigators if utilized properly.

The "opportunity" has come and gone, if i were in the guys shoes, i would just ignore the whole thing and try as much as possible even if it seems difficult, to never look into it again. The kind of individuals that are wiring such amounts are people who nobody wants to joke with!

He did the right thing by returning the money, now the next best thing for him is to erase his name and personal info from the web, forget all that publicity, it can get you killed. They even know his school, with that, it doesnt even take a pea minded bum to trace him and snuff him out!!

Just be careful out there!

A word is enough for the wise!!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by jot01(m): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2010
@ Sir -P Remember it was stated the guy had 3k in his account and he was able to withdraw 20k ,

So where did the 20k comes from when he does not even have up to 5k in his account.

Please correct me if am wrong,

No hard feelings,
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by hectorswag(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2010
The 20k was withdrawn from the 9.3Bn!! Use your brain boi!!!!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by debosky(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2010
This is another case of 'miscalculation'. grin
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Gbemyte(f): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
D guy in questn is vry stupid(no ofense) dat is wat most bnk acount ofica does wen dey notice dat d owner of a fat acct died witout any claim 4 yrs, dey transfa som huge amount of moni in2 anoda unknw acct holda. Am talkin 4rm experience. Nxt tym witdraw enuf as posible. Am expectin anoda gift 4rm ole bankas
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by oladayo042: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
grin grin The guy is an orphan, teaching in a nursery school for survival. The story of his life would have changed forever but he appeared to be too honest.
NB: The Polytechnic, Ibadan had offered him free education.
grin grin
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by jot01(m): 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hector Swag, Yes, thats what am saying to the guy that said there is error in the posting, that the guy witness the funds for real and withdrew 20k from it. Chaii, he go take years for this guy to make ham again ooo" God forgive me ""
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by mansmith(m): 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
story story.story once upon a time,
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by seun0622(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2010
@ poster

The most likely cause of this could be a posting error on the part of the bank's staff in charge of fund transfer.
I personally witnessed a similar situation when i was working wt Intercontinental bank. A colleague of mine who happened to be a fund transfer officer mistakenly posted 3 Billion Naira into a customer's account instead of three million naira just because of lack of concentration on his part. The account holder got the alert immediately but before he could come to the bank to verify or make withdrawals, the posting was reversed.
NB: That amount of money might not exist in the real sense of it and bank branches with huge deposits like that HARDLY ever make mistakes of wrong posting with them.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by googles: 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

9 effing billion shocked shocked

mehn. . . . . someone should miscredit my account too na sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre / Strike: Fuel Depots May Run Dry By Wednesday / Lagos Lg Poll: Ward Chairman On The Run, After Collecting, Shared Aspirant’s N3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.