Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,500 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Hate Housework And Cooking - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Hate Housework And Cooking (10313 Views)

Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) / Sharing Housework Leads To More Sex / I Hate Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Tosinville(m): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Ebonyvibe, i also understand you but i can't tolerate my wife leaving the house from 6am in the morning till 10pm in the night all in the name of work, that too much for me and how can you relax yourself apart from doing d cookin nd some necessary things before bed.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Tinksh(f): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2010
Im sorry but you need to get your priorities in order. You will find that when your kids are older and you ask them would they have preffered their mother or shiny new things, you should know the answer. Why did you have kids? You leave at 6am and get in at 10pm. Thats ok if your single or have no children. But sacrifices should be made for the sake of the children. Not the importance of a 'lifestyle' Your childrens well being should be forst and that would be them having there mother. You say you would be bored?? Again i ask, why did you have children of you didnt want to sacrifice for them or be with them.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by SAGoddess: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2010
ebonyvibe:

@ SA Goddes I have change it now to reflect your name.

My husband is a good man but traditional when it comes to food; he will only eat Nigerian food but the kids are fine, You are the only one that really understands me in this blog . Cheers babe

I wasn't making noise really, just pointing out that Tosinville didn't say much and when he did, he "called a spade a spade", anyway, all good!

Shoooo, so your man only eats Naija food and nothing else?  That makes it rather difficult for you then.  Another option would be to cook the same Nigerian food, like stews and soups, freeze them and take out of the freezer to thow nicely so you just warm up when you come back from work. . . . . .  .would that not work with your man too?  A naija friend of mine once called me while I was feeding my son, asked what he was eating and it was pasta with mince and he asked "what is wrong with South African food"? so I get you about your man wanting only Naija food.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by chrishenzo: 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2010
Poster in your next incarnation, ask Baba God to create you a chinese because only in their world do men do the house work including the cooking.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Kelvinj(m): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2010
any job that keeps a married woman working for more than atleast 12-13hrs a day wants 2 ruin her family. Its considerable for men 2 work more But not a woman so in a nutshell poster better quit the so called career if u cherish ur marriage cos soon that man u think is patient isn't gonna be for long. Use ur tongue and count ur teeth, u were the shoes and for sure u know where its hurting
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by InkedNerd(f): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
chrishenzo:

Poster in your next incarnation, ask Baba God to create you a chinese because only in their world do men do the house work including the cooking.

That's not true. Traditional Chinese men don't like cooking. They have the same views as Nigerians when it comes to gender roles. Or at least the older generation does. Younger Chinese people don't seem to care as much.

Kelvinj:

any job that keeps a married woman working for more than atleast 12-13hrs a day wants 2 ruin her family. Its considerable for men 2 work more But not a woman so in a nutshell poster better quit the so called career if u cherish your marriage cos soon that man u think is patient isn't gonna be for long. Use your tongue and count your teeth, u were the shoes and for sure u know where its hurting

And why is it ok for a man to work longer hours and not a woman?
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Tinksh(f): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2010
Instead of fighting a man V women war and who is allowed to do what, who is looking after the children? Who is raising the children? Why bother having them if your going to leave them, someone has to raise them and it should be one of the parents!
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by SAGoddess: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
And if Ebonyvibe is advised to quit her job, will the man be able to maintain the standard of living without making everyone suffer because of the single income. . . . . . besides, NOT every woman wants to be a housewife people, some people want self fulfilment before they can make others happy!
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by ebonyvibe(f): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2010
////
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by chrishenzo: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

That's not true. Traditional Chinese men don't like cooking. They have the same views as Nigerians when it comes to gender roles. Or at least the older generation does. Younger Chinese people don't seem to care as much.

And why is it ok for a man to work longer hours and not a woman?

Tell me you are not joking when you said that traditional chinese don't like cooking. If chinese has 10 restaurants, 9 of them employ men to cook there. The ladies take care of serving the foods to customers. The population of chinese guys that knows how to cook is 5 times the population of the girls that can cook.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Kelvinj(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tink_sh:

Instead of fighting a man V women war and who is allowed to do what, who is looking after the children? Who is raising the children? Why bother having them if your going to leave them, someone has to raise them and it should be one of the parents!
i wish the poster and sa would see this from were ur coming from.
Poster i never said quit ur job. Btw isn't ur hubby working 2? Well talking abt the kids i dont think they'll forgive u if they have 2 grow with a single parent up bringing
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by InkedNerd(f): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2010
chrishenzo:

Tell me you are not joking when you said that traditional chinese don't like cooking. If chinese has 10 restaurants, 9 of them employ men to cook there. The ladies take care of serving the foods to customers. The population of chinese guys that knows how to cook is 5 times the population of the girls that can cook.

No, I was not joking. I have Chinese friends and have had dinner at their houses and not once did I see the men lift a finger to help. The example that you gave are restaurant setting. That is totally different. Majority of the professional chefs in the world are men anyway but I doesn't mean their wives [if they have any] are at home cleaning. My ex boyfriends' father was a chef in an Italian restaurant and when he would come home it would be his wife doing all the cooking.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by chrishenzo: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No, I was not joking. I have Chinese friends and have had dinner at their houses and not once did I see the men lift a finger to help. The example that you gave are restaurant setting. That is totally different. Majority of the professional chefs in the world are men anyway but I doesn't mean their wives [if they have any] are at home cleaning. My ex boyfriends' father was a chef in an Italian restaurant and when he would come home it would be his wife doing all the cooking.  

Two questions,

Do your Chinese friends live in China?
Do you live in China and how long how you been living there?
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by InkedNerd(f): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
chrishenzo:

Two questions,

Do your Chinese friends live in China?
Do you live in China and how long how you been living there?

No, they do not live in China but they were born and raised in China. And no, I do not live in China. I juts have a tendency of hanging around old Chinese people undecided
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by chrishenzo: 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
Now I understand. The situation here is exactly the same situation that happen all the time in nairaland.com. People living outside the country talk about the Nigeria situation as if they are living in the country.

Next time you eat the dumplings with your Chinese friends. Don't forget to ask them which part of China they come from. I don't mean North South East West. I mean the name of the city/town.

Back to poster,

ebonyvibe:

@ chrishenzo

I wasnt asking my husband to do the cooking and the cleaning far from it he is the head of the house. And i wonder how many of those that are critisizing me have house helps? (Those that live in Nigeria)

Your problem is very similar to the man that mosquito is biting his scrotal sac. If he leave the mosquito, the dame thing suck his scrotal sac dry. If he hit the mosquito, he will hurt his scrotal sac. I don't know the advice to give you. But if you are my wife, I don't care about the house work or the food. The most important thing that matters to me is your health and the mother's love for my children.

I would rather prefer an average income to a slavery job especially when it has to do with 5a.m to 12a.m( that is 14hours).

What time do you have to enjoy all the money you have.?
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by esteelv: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Mr Cork! link=topic=510032.msg6712863#msg6712863 date=1283857576]
If SA Goddess waz my wife,,i make sure she bleach until she becomes white.  Dark skin womens complain too much (no oofeince)

Is dis mr cok usually dis nasty and funny?omg!
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by InkedNerd(f): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2010
Yes, unfortunately. One day he makes sense the next day he acts like a dummy.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by likeme(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Poster, 6.00am to 10pm is too long a time to work if you ae outside 9ija.

1. reduce the time
2. Prepare the food that will last a week in the freezer (soup off diffrent kind).
3. Get Ground rice, Gari, Elubo , and poundoo yam. Your husby can still be ok with preparing his poundo yam and warm the soup. (pls don't take it too far by asking him to prepare yours as well).

Treat him wit care and spoil him with love over the weekend and let him know you are there for him. Life cannot continue this way, you have to reach a compromise between a good family and the good cash.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by MrCork8: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2010
But why is the arguing still goin on? isnt it a womans job to cook & clen? undecided (no offense)
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Omolola1(f): 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2010
Poster, u hate housework and you are a woman? anyway, if u dont like it, u can as well get a maid~
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by MrCork8: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2010
Omololola is just my kinda marry!! she can cook, clen, suplly me punny tongue and make me babies, (mwaaaah) kiss
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Omolola1(f): 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
wtf
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by ebonyvibe(f): 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
@ Mr Corke: You are just a MUROON.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Hauwa1: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2010
if your job is a good one, (good pay) and if you know some nigerian around you, why not pay them to do the cooking for you? egusi, ogbono soup etc fish and chicken stew, jollof and fried ricefor the week undecided

get your domino and pizza hut card ready. get the china takeout card ready and you are both set bo. your man should know better i beg.

as for cleaning, check out yellow page and the cleaning ladies  grin

you see nigerian man *shakes head*
you have a woman making good money and supporting you with paying bills and you are still complaining, ewooooooooo cry
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by SAGoddess: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2010
Omolola1:

Poster, u hate housework and you are a woman? anyway, if u dont like it, u can as well get a maid~

I find this interesting Omolola, are women supposed to love housework based on the fact that they are WOMEN?  Maybe most even do it because "it is their duty" but otherwise wouldn't bother with it at all!
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2010
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by carefree: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2010
hi chrishenzo,

The Chinese that you were initially referring to is Chinese race as a whole or China chinese ?  Either way, it doesn't make any difference.  Is correct that in Chinese household, the women are the ones who do majority of the housework and cooking.  In recent years, you may find  couples say 40ish and below ( yappies ) have husbands who enjoy cooking at times, especially when it comes to inviting friends over.  Is more of a hobby then sharing of household chores and almost never on a regular basis.  As people get more affluent, they go restaurants more ,  try out different cuisines, travel to different parts of the world, some even go on gourmet tours to specific countries to experience authentic cuisine from different region ( eg France / italy) , availability of cookbooks and recipes over the internet not to mention cooking shows by celebrity chefs on tv, going to gormet supermarkets for exotic ingredients etc and all these interest which subsequently leads to the interest in cooking is just Lifestyle !

Younger working couples do share in household chores if they can't affort helpers. But when comes to cooking, is only the minorityof men and even then I still believe is a interest thingy.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Hauwa1: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2010
cutting grass? is she in nigeria? grin
i thot men love lawn mowning eh?
ewoo nna mee grin i can imagine the OP pushing machine around the front and backyard cutting grass
it should be fun grin
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by ebonyvibe(f): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2010
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by MrCork8: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2010
ebonyvibe, madam u not even light skin. U sound like one of those arab women that like to dominate men (no oofense)
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2010
sigh. thank God for NL

i am also a man, i really don't like work (its too stressful and the pay is bad)
i prefer staying at home and Nairalanding all day and night.

i go out, dont get me wrong, but say around the evening to my JOB as the neighborhood cool spot manager and live wire and get back around 12 midnite to see my lovely wife and kids in bed, or at times all night especially weekends!!

i sleep with my wife once every week on sunday evening if i am not too tired from the weekend activities.

i also generally cannot afford to give my wife money (she works too and i often tell her to help with the expenses) afterall im not SUPERMAN!!!

my wife also complains all the time about not having sex and my not meeting the bills but i really think she should help out by understanding and accepting the situation afterall, im the head of the neighborhood recreational spot, it takes time and unfortunately most of the money i make.

i try to help out with house chores like minding the baby when i wake in the afternoons but im really no good with them. i also cant cook or wash or sweep to save my life so im really not that useful in that regard. BUT I TRY HARD OOO!!!

I NEED ADVICE, COS IM TIRED!!!

so pls let you very smart women tell me what to do too!!!
constructive responses too.

@ poster, do you think i am a good husband? so do you think you are a good wife
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies, Ladycare Or Always? / Fvck Mates... Do They Really Exist Here. Share Your Experiences / Come On In....which Is Urs/his?? Be Sincere!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.