Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

The Unending Story - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / The Unending Story (8091 Views)

The unEnding Sentence(continous) / The Unending Game / An Unending Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unending Story by aparo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2007
Let us start an unending story. I start with a simple story and you can add words to it and we can see how interesting the story is after a few months. The only rule for it is not to post twice before someone else post, i.e after your post, let someone else reply:

Simbi was a 22 year old girl with big dreams. She got up one day and entered a bus going to mile-2,
Re: The Unending Story by busygirl(f): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2007
Inside the bus, she sat opposite a fine young man, who was staring at her. . . . .
Re: The Unending Story by temmyt1: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
, hi babe, u look kind of farmiliar
Re: The Unending Story by slimfine(f): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2007
"dude, I don't have your time"
Re: The Unending Story by tEsLim(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2007
Aba, You shouldn't be so hash! I just wanted to confirm if its true
Re: The Unending Story by beebaybee(f): 10:51am On Apr 30, 2007
i do not knw u. and leave me alone before i ask the holyghost fire to descend upon your roborobo head.
Re: The Unending Story by deyour(f): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2007
The guy is about to alight from the vehicle when he turns to her and says, " anyway, i just wanted to tell you that last guy that alighted from the bus took your wallet from your hand bag
Re: The Unending Story by samueline(f): 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2007
Oh, I'm sori. I thot u had something else in mind.
Re: The Unending Story by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2007
---she replies and runs after him.She's now quite flustered, she catches hold of his shirtsleeve as he's about jumping down from the bus. "Which guy now??! When did he go down?"

" Oga make you drop if you wan drop oh! no come take your woman-wrapper disturb my work for here!" The conductor interrupts them in his rough voice. He tries to shove the guy out of the bus by force

"Conductor wait now! My wallet has just been stolen inside your bus!" Simbi is close to tears now because all her money was inside that wallet. They still have about five bustops to go before they get to Mile 2 and she has not yet paid her fare.
Re: The Unending Story by busygirl(f): 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2007
The robber ran out of her sight and She started crying. She was confused, worried about how to get home. Then, the young guy stepped up to her and offered her an handkerchief to wipe her tears. He dipped his hand into his pocket, brought out his wallet and gave the girl 1,000 naira note, . .She didn't want to take it at first but something inside of her told her to,else she would be stranded. But this is much, she said shyly. The young guy said, I know but please take it. . She took it and said "thank you". The man replied "You're welcome". By the way. what's your name? The guy asked, she smiled and replied Simbi. . .
Re: The Unending Story by donan(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2007
The guy den asked for her phone number and address.
Re: The Unending Story by slimfine(f): 7:03am On May 01, 2007
"I am not sure about my address" "But I can give you a number to reach me." The guy took the number and introduced himself as Peter. while they were walking back to catch another bus, simbi uttered "please don't call me at night, my father will answer the phone. And that will be such a palava"
Re: The Unending Story by jesusfreak(f): 8:47am On May 01, 2007
when Simbi got home, she narrated her ordeal to her mother and two sisters, Lara and Kumbi. they all marvelled at how hard it was to find such kind people in a city like theirs.

suddenly they all went quiet. simbi's father had walked in and was staring at them. the look on his face sent shivers down simbi's spine. she was sure that kumbi heard her heart beat.

lara squeezed simbi's moist palm in her small hands to give her courage. this worked like magic because simbi suddenly found her voice after the uncomfortable silence,

"papa, good evening" she swallowed hard
Re: The Unending Story by beebaybee(f): 10:06am On May 01, 2007
good evening my dear! bring my food immediately because i'm very hungry.
Re: The Unending Story by magneto(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2007
"yes papa" she said, breathing a silent sigh of relief. thank God he didn't shout on her for coming back late. while she went about preparing his food, her thoughts strayed to the young man she had met on the bus. Peter, he said his name was. . . and very handsome too, she admitted.

as she was serving his food, Mr Goje couldnt help but notice the shy smile on his daughters face. "she must be very happy today" he thought to himself "hmm, in that case i won't spoil her mood by querying her for coming late today. i'll leave that for tomorrow"
Re: The Unending Story by jesusfreak(f): 10:22am On May 01, 2007
simbi's dream that nite was like the waves of a turbulent ocean, something threathened to take her life but the face of Peter kept coming up in her imaginations. he saved her from her imaginary monsters. when she woke up, she was hugging Kumbi so tight that the poor girl yelled for freedom.

i hope i'll see him again, peter my knight.
Re: The Unending Story by magneto(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2007
"im so sorry kumbi . . . did i disturb u?" she asked the struggling girl, stroking her hair placatingly. kumbi was her baby, the baby of the house actually and the best substitute for a stuffed bear, ever.
"sister u were choking me, did u have a nightmare?", asked kumbi. her brow was wrinkled in concern. she looked so young and adorable. "u kept shouting Peter! Peter! over and over again", she continued.

"i did?!", simbi was visibly shocked. "oh no, i must be running out of my mind", she thought. reflectively, she wondered if Peter also dreamt about her. . .
Re: The Unending Story by jesusfreak(f): 11:33am On May 01, 2007
the she sighed, and thought

peter is probably in the arms of another woman. i wonder if she,

suddenly, the voice of her mother rents the air.

"shush kumbi." she tries to comfort her alrady alert sister. "go back to sleep, it nothing."

"is mama crying again? aunty simbi is mama, "

"i said go back to sleep"

kumbi only gets more restless. simbi starts to pace around the small room. she knows she cant go outside. the last time this happened, he beat both of them mercilessly.

simbi paces hard on the rough floor, the room gradually blurs out of her sight as her tears fall to the ground.
Re: The Unending Story by desorlah(f): 12:37pm On May 01, 2007
, Their father was at it again,
Re: The Unending Story by desorlah(f): 12:45pm On May 01, 2007
, Their father was at it again, always beating the poor woman. she wished,
Re: The Unending Story by tollu: 12:55am On May 04, 2007
, she could step right in and come to her mother's defence but the bruises from last time were still smarting and she didnt feel that loyal to her long suffering mother,
Re: The Unending Story by amara0228(f): 1:07am On May 04, 2007
Fianally after making sure mama crying had stopped she  went back to sleep thinking how God put her in the hands of the devil. In the morning at the dining table papa abruptly sat done and shouted to simbi to make pounded yam and red oil for breakfast.  When she was finished in the kitchen she walked over to the dining and put the food in front of him. " papa may i please have N500 to pay for kumbi's school fee" . Suddenly he stood up and smacked simibi in the face, " how dare you, U are a 22 year old girl and u are still leaving in ur father house why dont you do us a favor and get married like your age mates and pay for your little sister's school fee,
Re: The Unending Story by Nobody: 1:45am On May 04, 2007
"or at least get a place of your own so I can have fewer mouths to feed",the angry Mr Goje continued.
Simbi knew her father was a stern man but this morning was different,the rage and anger in his thundering voice as he spoke was nothing like she had ever witnessed before.
There must be a problem she muttered to herself as she timidly walked away holding little Kumbi by the hand,she tried so hard but  couldn't  hold back the hot tears that steadily flowed down her cheeks.
Re: The Unending Story by Modups1(f): 10:50am On May 04, 2007
then out of nowhere,
Re: The Unending Story by jesusfreak(f): 12:53pm On May 04, 2007
Mr Goje brought out a slip bearing the name of Kumbi's school.

"for your information dear duaghter" he licked his lips as Simbi trembled

"no God please, let it not be what i think it is. noooo"

sensing Simbi's fears, her father yanked off the sisters' hands and put Kumbi by his side. The little girl looked on innocently for she didnt understand what was about to happen.

"Kumbi will not go to school anymore" he thundered victoriously as he ususally did when he finished a big bowl of garri.

"but why papa?" simbi merely quavered, she was too weak to speak. how could her father be doing this to her sister? simbi knew she wouldnt be able to go to the university but to stop her sister from goin to secondary school was unbearable.

"what use are you to me ehn? with all your results? weac, neco, gce? you keep letting me down and you expect me to keep spending my hard earned money on you and your wretched sisters. no way! you hear? no way!"

this time, he was shaking kumbi so violently that blood trickled down her nose.
Re: The Unending Story by Aduks(f): 3:24pm On May 04, 2007
Mr Goje drew Kumbi to his side and apologised
"sorry my dear, i didn't mean to be that hard on you, its just that your sister Simbi would not listen to me"
At this point Simbi was eager to know what her father would want her to do so as to get Kumbi back to school.
"Adebayo, baba shoe maker was here yesterday to see you, he waited for almost half a day before he left for the cobbler's meeting, he was almost late because of u"
As she was about to respond, her phone rang "peter on the line aunty" said Kumbi,
Re: The Unending Story by Modups1(f): 3:32pm On May 04, 2007
her heart almost crashed with those words.
she looked from d phone to her father and could not utter a word
her father had a murderous look on his face as he asked . . . .
Re: The Unending Story by jesusfreak(f): 4:19pm On May 04, 2007
"why dont you want to answer the call? go ahead while i have a talk with your mother"

Her father walked out, leaving Simbi and Kumbi in the room.

"hello, who's this?" she stammered

"hi simbi, this is peter, dont tell me u've forgotten about me so soon"
Re: The Unending Story by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 04, 2007
no Peter,of course I remember,how are you too?
With all the events that had gone on that morning it was impossible for Simbi to talk  without whimpering.
You sound upset Simbi,is everything Ok?, Peter asked.

Yes Peter,it's just that there's been a death in the extended family and I'm shattered by this news she lied.
I'm sorry to hear this Simbi,I sympathise with your family at this time.
Can we meet up today Peter inquired,I was wondering if we can have dinner at McBurgers on Allen street this evening,I look forward to seeing you again,my dear.
Re: The Unending Story by danonyeka: 2:36am On May 05, 2007
OH!!!! Peter,how good of you, I m really sorry I wont be able to make it as I ll b travelling with Daddy for the burial.I promise we ll sure see when i come back.bye
(she drops the call without waiting for Peters response.)
Re: The Unending Story by jesusfreak(f): 10:17am On May 05, 2007
on the other end, peter wondered what the problem could be.

"ive waited so long to see her and now she's running off" he sighes

there's a knock at the door,
Re: The Unending Story by Modups1(f): 1:29pm On May 05, 2007
he opens the door
" my guy how far?" asks the visitor
"hi dele" peter greets him
"wats up?" dele asks as he shakes peters hand
"nothing much oh" peter replies
"have u spoken to her yet?"
"yes i have" replied peter "but she sounded upset on d phone"
"maybe she was not in the mood to talk abi maybe she no like u afterall" dele jokingly said as he sat down on d couch

peter looked upset at dat comment, he sat down beside his friend
"why are u torturing urself like this? you just met her on a bus for christ's sake, wat makes you think she is the one for u? dele asked
"i dont know but she just struck something in me and i cant explain it"
"na wa oh" dele replied "abeg bone dat side, can we go to d party now?"
"ok" peter reluctantly replied as he got up from d couch

as they are about to leave his cell phone rings, "its her" peter excitedly says to dele . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Current Affairs Game / Predict The Gender Of The Nairaland User Below You (part 2) / What Is The Greatest Risk You Have Ever Taken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.