Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (532838 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MissNK: 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good evening house. Please how do I change the Ds-160 number of my dependant on traveldoc to reflect on our appointment confirmation. I’ve checked profile update but it has just my own details alone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEminentLaity: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
my ds-160 form has Lagos on it, won't that be a problem?
kuljiyke:

Change to Abuja, the closet date in Abuja is 24 or 25 of may
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
eduson33:
No matter how prepared you are, it can only be GOD's will and grace.
i think its good to study your application letter very well .

VO: Morning
Me: Good morning (Small smile)
VO: Why do you want to visit the US
ME: For Holiday
VO: Where in the US are you going to?
ME: New York
VO: Are you travelling with any friends or family member?
ME: Yes. with my wife, its her xx birthday and I want to take her on a short vacation.
VO: How long do you intend to stay?
ME: (I got confused at this point because I forgot what I wrote on the form) I just said 4 days.
VO: What job do you do?
ME: xx xx
VO: That's such a short holiday,
ME: Yes it is, I couldn't get more days off from work and my wife must report back to work too.
VO: What does your wife do?
ME: She is a xx
VO: How long have you been in the UK?
ME: xx xx
VO: Your visa has been approved, hands me a card , you will receive email an email within 3-5 days.
are therr many people in the america embassy in london

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

NO

Thanks i just scheduled my appointment now...but the appointment confirmation has

Applicant Name:My correct name
Appointment made by:My name but with B replaced with a “”D””
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
TheEminentLaity:
Please guys, this is urgent. I was just about to book an appointment in Lagos for a B1/B2 visa and to my surprise I'm finding that the earliest appointment is August 14 shocked I haven't paid the $160 yet but is there anyway I can get earlier dates? If I proceed with the payment would it automatically accept August 14 and onward dates?
* I have a DS-160 confirmation number already with Lagos as preferred post.

This is the peak vacation periods (April- September) and so trying to get any visa appointment date very near to any of the mostly sort out western countries like the US, UK, Canada will be very hard.

And also Lagos is already over congested and yes the amount of people that are applying for the US visa will be very, very high.

Abuja will make more sense now to schedule any US visa to get a more reasonable nearer date.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
TheEminentLaity:
my ds-160 form has Lagos on it, won't that be a problem?
Send them email, I also did my and they changed it to Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEminentLaity: 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Don't be annoyed please, I'm a noob on these things, how do I send an email to them? can't find any email address on the portal. Also, how long did it take for yours to be changed to Abj?
kuljiyke:

Send them email, I also did my and they changed it to Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEminentLaity: 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ok thanks smiley
Beautyaddy:

This is the peak vacation periods (April- September) and so trying to get any visa appointment date very near to any of the mostly sort out western countries like the US, UK, Canada will be very hard.

And also Lagos is already over congested and yes the amount of people that are applying for the US visa will be very, very high.

Abuja will make more sense now to schedule any US visa to get a more reasonable nearer date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MoveOn7: 11:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
Big thanks
mrprolifik:

TRY TO SCHEDULE AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT BY CALLING THEM. BUT HONESTLY I AM NOT SURE IF YOUR CASE IS ENTITLED TO AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT. BUT JUST TRY.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2019
Check the embassies website for the email address

TheEminentLaity:
Don't be annoyed please, I'm a noob on these things, how do I send an email to them? can't find any email address on the portal. Also, how long did it take for yours to be changed to Abj?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2019
holluwizzy:
Helo NLanders, Please i need some1 who can help with Uk, US, AU, Germany or Sweden Visa ( All visa include Family of 4 )

Big man for small body grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2019
holluwizzy:
Helo NLanders, Please i need some1 who can help with Uk, US, AU, Germany or Sweden Visa ( All visa include Family of 4 )
help with what exactly?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:44am On Apr 11, 2019
holluwizzy:

Where have you been to? What's your travel history like especially as family?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by holluwizzy: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2019
Not Been out of the country ooo

seyewest:

Where have you been to? What's your travel history like especially as family?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2019
holluwizzy:
Getting any of this listed Visa with work and my family is coming with me

If that's the case, why is everyone in Nigeria not doing that? what's so special about you that those countries you listed will give you a resident visa and work permit, bros let no one deceive/fraud/scam you, most Western Countries made it very hard for most Africans to get work and residence permit unless you want to work illegally in those countries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by eduson33(m): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2019
it was crowded from as early as 7 a.m
Dammilekan:
are therr many people in the america embassy in london
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lollyberry: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello house, am so sad right now, my husband just got refused

I gave birth on 2015 using oakbend medical centre and Dr f was my doctor, fast forward to 2018 I renewed my visa and I was not called for 221g interview, and I also applied for my 2 other kids and they got the visa, we're planning to go for this Xmas vacation as a family and my husband decided to try again after the last year refusal (he actually wanted to visit network alone then>

To cut the story short,

Vo. Ur passport
Hubby. Gave him
Vo. Why u traveling
Hubby. To take my family on this coming xmas vacation
Vo. Do they have passport
Hubby. Hand it over to vo
Vo.ur wife used a medical visa
Hubby. Yes
Vo.Did she tell you she got 11000 discount and the hospital is not known for a good reason
Hubby. Wow.but we did not ask for discount that is the bill they gave her I made sure she paid, if the had given me the exact amount without discount I wish have paid it.
Vo. OK type type and type.
Vo. The last time u applied u wanted to visit newyork
Hubby. Yes. Wanted to spend 10 days of my leave so I pick New York .
Vo..habe u travel out for pleasure before
Hubby. No
Vo.so this time you want to visit Houston
Hubby. Yes.
Vo.type forever and next thing is denial

Am so confused now because I don't know if it was the discount that brought about thee rejection. Or no travel history.

If it's the discount, then why did they issued a visa in the first place. So angry

Will be taking the kids for Xmas vacation alone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
seyewest:

If that's the case, why is everyone in Nigeria not doing that? what's so special about you that those countries you listed will give you a resident visa and work permit, bros let no one deceive/fraud/scam you, most Western Countries made it very hard for most Africans to get work and residence permit unless you want to work illegally in those countries.

How do you know he is not "special"?

The bolded is not necessarily true.
I see many decent and sharp minds that were either hired straight from their country or those whose local companies sent them over to their U.S. or Europe offices

So if the OP works for a MNC with offices overseas (easier route) and he is special (exceedingly) you never know how that path will turn.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
lollyberry:

I gave birth on 2015 using oakbend medical centre and Dr f was my doctor, fast forward to 2018 I renewed my visa and I was not called for 221g interview, and I also applied for my 2 other kids and they got the visa, we're planning to go for this Xmas vacation as a family and my husband decided to try again after the last year refusal (he actually wanted to visit network alone then>

To cut the story short,

Vo. Ur passport
Hubby. Gave him
Vo. Why u traveling
Hubby. Yes
Vo.Did she tell you she got 11000 discount and the hospital is not known for a good reason
Hubby. Wow.but we did not ask for discount that is the bill they gave her I made sure she paid, if the had given me the exact amount without discount I wish have paid it.
Hubby. No
Hubby. Yes.

Am so confused now because I don't know if it was the discount that brought about thee rejection. Or no travel history.

If it's the discount, then why did they issued a visa in the first place. So angry

If the discount you chopped was not flagged in your last renewal , your next may be a tough nut.A good idea will be to start a form of communication with the hospital and consulate (again) to clear that out you probably have less than a year to renew.

This zealous officer may have put notes.
Looks to me like the officer did not wanna dwell on that matter but on your spouse's "inconsistent" travel plans. Let him go to the UK or France a couple of times

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
Can anyone recommend any GOOD coffee shop in Nigeria??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
eduson33:
it was crowded from as early as 7 a.m
i mean is the population much like nigeria own
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

lol!...what coffee shop do you need to go to in a country that experiences very hot weather all round the year?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
lollyberry:

To cut the story short,

Vo. Ur passport
Hubby. Gave him
Vo. Why u traveling
Hubby. Yes
Hubby. No
Hubby. Yes.

your husband make no mistake,in my opinion the v.o thinks you and your husband and kids want to runawag without looking back, you giving birth in america and comind down here to Nigeria is a red flag ⛳

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
I think your husband must have been denied may be because your home ties were weak.

Having your husband stay back in Nigeria might have compensated for your weak ties in Nigeria.

lollyberry:

To cut the story short,

Vo. Ur passport
Hubby. Gave him
Vo. Why u traveling
Hubby. Yes
Hubby. No
Hubby. Yes.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...what coffee shop do you need to go to in a country that experiences very hot weather all round the year?

Misconception 1: outside temperature does not have anything to do with when and where I want to have my coffee
Misconception 2: Nigeria is not hot all year round

It would be a good business venture if there is none (Which I doubt) especially on the island
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reine22: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
Mugg and Bean
Vestar Coffee
Cafe Neo

AfonjaBoston:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Dammilekan:
your husband make no mistake,in my opinion the v.o thinks you and your husband and kids want to runawag without looking back, you giving birth in america and comind down here to Nigeria is a red flag ⛳
TRUE.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
Reine22:
Mugg and Bean
Vestar Coffee
Cafe Neo

Very nice grin will check 'em all out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
lollyberry:

To cut the story short,

Vo. Ur passport
Hubby. Gave him
Vo. Why u traveling
Hubby. Yes
Hubby. No
Hubby. Yes.

Enjoy your trip, take your kids to Disneyland. America wants you to spend money travelling there. Usually, even if you have money, the whole family is not getting visa. So even if your husband travels other countries, he may not get US visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.