Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,034 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (533473 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I kinda understand what you're saying but I don't think I agree with it.

I know as we all know that getting a US visa or any Countries visa is a privilege and not a rights. But the way your argument is going it is trying to make the visa process a "right".

I want to believe that anything that is given under a privileged category will not be given the same scrutiny among different applicants.

Take for example who you let into your home. Even when you have a standard procedure to go by scrutiny of people your instincts will still set in because of some of those applicants past history.

You do have some rights when you apply for a visa because it is akin to a contractual process. I am saying those rights should include (if not already implied) a fair adjudication process. A process that is evidently fair to all. In practical terms, this is called abiding by not only the letter of the rules governing the process but also the spirit if the rules.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mancala:

You do have some rights when you apply for a visa because it is akin to a contractual process. I am saying those rights should include (if not already implied) a fair adjudication process. A process that is evidently fair to all. In practical terms, this is called abiding by not only the letter of the rules governing the process but also the spirit if the rules.

I didn't mean otherwise with this statement. I meant that the "rights" might not be given to be approved or denied the visa.

I know this argument can go on and on without everyone coming to the same agreement.

But one thing is certain either we want to accept or not and that is out of all the Advanced Countries in the likes of Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, France and so on the US still has the most of their visas approved to Nigerians...as well as they are the Country whose immigration Laws have the most used weak loop-holes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mancala:

You speak some truths but not the whole truth. The choice to apply and pay is voluntary, but when you pay, guess what? You have entered into a contract to be provided the services you paid for. There is no guarantee of the issuance of a visa, but we should be guaranteed a fair and transparent process of adjudication which to me does not exist today. The process should not only be fair, but should also appear to be fair to all involved... values espoused by American system.

"Its not possible for them to do the thorough check you're asking for given the thousands of Nigerians who apply for visa interviews daily. If they were to do that, they would be unable to interview anymore than a fraction of the number of people they interview today"
This is far from the truth. Case in point; India is in a similar situation like Nigeria. They interview significantly more people at the consulate on a daily basis especially in the summer months. They know how to do this!

This is not immigration visa. This is clearly a non immigration visa. After doing a thorough check, they are still under no obligation to give you visa because you are a visitor so what do you mean by thorough check? You make it sound like after the thorough check, they are under obligation to give you visa. Not true. So the thorough check is for their advantage and not for your advantage so if anybody is losing by not doing a thorough check, it is not you but themselves since they are under no obligation to grant you entrance. Since we all know this abinitio, you can't say you entered into a contract so they must do a thorough check according to your own standard. Think about it this way. Some houses have gateman, some don't have. If you get to the house with gateman, the gateman may refuse you entrance . You can't complain that why do they have gateman and you can't also blame those without gateman
It is non of your business. So, if USA says they only need 2minutes interview to screen those who will enter their country, it is non of our business. After all, you are only going on a visit. Is it by force to visit? You can't possibly compare it with services. If I pay you to serve me food in a restaurant, you must serve me else I complain. But if I pay you for visa especially a visit visa, I can't complain however you choose to screen your visitor. It is at your discretion cos you and only you bears the consequences. If you allow thieves into your house, you bear the consequences alone .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mancala:

The only right you have when you apply for a visa is the right to get a decision. Since you paid for it, they must give you a decision. So the moment they deny you the visa, they have fulfilled their contractual part of the process. They owe you a decision. How they arrive at that decision is non of our business

NB- something funny happened recently. A guy got stranded on a bad road cos of the rain. When he got the front gate of house he used to have a lady friend, he decided to go in and ask her if he could park the car around. The GATE WAS NOT LOCKED. So he pushed the gate open and was instantly faced with two giant fighter dogs who were not chained. They belonged to the landlord. They seriously battered him. When he got to the clinic, the landlord told him he won't be responsible for the entire bill cos the dog was not a stray dog and the guy didn't knock. The argument of the guy was that they should have locked the gate. The man said....did that dog bite you within or outside the compound? The man said he didn't invite him and it is non of his business wether he locked his gate or not. This story may not be related with what we are saying but the only lesson there is this....YOU CANT DICTATE TO THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE HOW HE SHOULD SCREEN HIS VISITORS. If you don't want to be bitten by a dog or you don't want to waste money applying for a visa, stay clear of the embassy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MrbasHH: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
viraloption:
Whether you are a prospective student or soon-to-be graduate of a U.S. college or university, understanding your different options and how U.S. visas work is important. The United States government offers an alphabet soup of categories that visitors may qualify for depending on the purpose of their stay in the country. Our guide to U.S. visas will help you untangle all those letters and numbers, and determine the one you need.

Broadly speaking, there are two main types of visas: non-immigrant and immigrant visas. Unless you’re engaged to marry a U.S. citizen or have a U.S. employer willing to sponsor you for a green card, the initial options available are in the non-immigrant visa category. With non-immigrant visas the assumption is you will return home after your program is complete.

3 Types of Visas for Students
If you’re coming to the United States for studies, there are three student visa categories.

F-1 academic student The F-1 student visa is the most common visa type for students. More than 90% of international students who study at academic colleges and universities in the United States are issued an F-1 visa.
M-1 vocational student The M-1 visa is for full-time study at a vocational or other nonacademic institution.
J-1 exchange student visitor The J-1 visa is for exchange students studying abroad for a semester or two, as part of an agreement between a student’s home country university and a U.S. university.
3 Types of Post-Study Work Options

Continue Reading Via: https://viraloption.net/whatsapp/a-definitive-guide-to-u-s-visas-for-students-and-recent-graduates/

What do you know about trusted traveler program (global entry and so on)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
helpee:
The only right you have when you apply for a visa is the right to get a decision. Since you paid for it, they must give you a decision. So the moment they deny you the visa, they have fulfilled their contractual part of the process. They owe you a decision. How they arrive at that decision is non of our business

NB- something funny happened recently. A guy got stranded on a bad road cos of the rain. When he got the front gate of house he used to have a lady friend, he decided to go in and ask her if he could park the car around. The GATE WAS NOT LOCKED. So he pushed the gate open and was instantly faced with two giant fighter dogs who were not chained. They belonged to the landlord. They seriously battered him. When he got to the clinic, the landlord told him he won't be responsible for the entire bill cos the dog was not a stray dog and the guy didn't knock. The argument of the guy was that they should have locked the gate. The man said....did that dog bite you within or outside the compound? The man said he didn't invite him and it is non of his business wether he locked his gate or not. This story may not be related with what we are saying but the only lesson there is this....YOU CANT DICTATE TO THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE HOW HE SHOULD SCREEN HIS VISITORS. If you don't want to be bitten by a dog or you don't want to waste money applying for a visa, stay clear of the embassy.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this. America prides itself in doing the right thing and takes it as a thing of pride. They welcome this type of feedback. I have no issue with the approval or denial rated. I believe they can do much better in the way they treat us especially when compared with other similar countries in similar situations

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2019
helpee:
This is not immigration visa. This is clearly a non immigration visa. After doing a thorough check, they are still under no obligation to give you visa because you are a visitor so what do you mean by thorough check? You make it sound like after the thorough
It is non of your business. So, if USA says they only need 2minutes interview to screen those who will enter their country, it is non of our business. After all, you are only going on a visit. Is it by force to visit? You can't possibly compare it with services. If I pay you to serve me food in a restaurant, you must serve me else I complain. But if I pay you for visa especially a visit visa, I can't complain however you choose to screen your visitor. It is at your discretion cos you and only you bears the consequences. If you allow thieves into your house, you bear the consequences alone .

Well said and explained.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
helpee:
This story may not be related with what we are saying but the only lesson there is this....YOU CANT DICTATE TO THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE HOW HE SHOULD SCREEN HIS VISITORS. If you don't want to be bitten by a dog or you don't want to waste money applying for a visa, stay clear of the embassy.

This should lay this argument to rest. full stop
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mancala:

I guess we can agree to disagree on this. America prides itself in doing the right thing and takes it as a thing of pride. They welcome this type of feedback. I have no issue with the approval or denial rated. I believe they can do much better in the way they treat us especially when compared with other similar countries in similar situations

No country in the world is in similar situation with U.S immigration policy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 11:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mancala:

You don’t get to define what the “right thing” is, they do. If they feel the right thing is to give you 3 minutes to state your case as to why they should issue you a visa, there’s nothing you can do about it.

America may indeed pride itself on doing the right thing, but that is dictated by their own self interest. As a non-US citizen, they are under no contractual obligation to do what you define as the “right thing” by you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 19, 2019
I believe this is how it is.
If you want to visit America, it's either you get invited by a citizen or permanent resident or go as a tourist which they expect you to have traveled to a lot of countries..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2019
There is no difference in our posts sir.

I applied since May and I am yet to get passport. The guy asked me to add 20k to get it within 3 days but I have refused. So, na same thing we talk.

fkj950ax:

The thing about a lie is the more often it is repeated, it starts sounding like the truth.
There are booklets at all Immigration offices.
Immigration officials create an atmosphere of scarcity to make people switch to "Help me make it come out faster, and I will 'see you'"
This is the basis for bribe across the country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2019
Hello guys,

I noticed that the DS 160 confirmation no on my interview appointment sheet differs from the initial one obtained at the point of applying for dropbox renewal but the UID no remains the same. What do i need to do as my interview is less than a month from now.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rikkyayo: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hello house please I need help, am trying to schedule an appointment and am seeing earliest date for Feb 13th, 6:45, picking that date isn't my problem but how do i change the time? Because once I click on the date it just asked me to schedule without giving me any options of time.
Please is that a normal thing?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
rikkyayo:
Hello house please I need help, am trying to schedule an appointment and am seeing earliest date for Feb 13th, 6:45, picking that date isn't my problem but how do i change the time? Because once I click on the date it just asked me to schedule without giving me any options of time.
Please is that a normal thing?
That's the only time available on that 11th. I guess becausee people already picked later time. Click on 12th and see what time is available. Do you really want to pick that date? Chill small and the dates will return back to maybe December and yiu pick. But if not in a haste, you can pick the Feb date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
yinksob002:
Hello guys,

I noticed that the DS 160 confirmation no on my interview appointment sheet differs from the initial one obtained at the point of applying for dropbox renewal but the UID no remains the same. What do i need to do as my interview is less than a month from now.

Thanks

Thats because you probably booked your appointment date before filling the DS 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
yinksob002:
Hello guys,

Thanks
You can update your DS 160 number from your profiel and print a new appointment confirmation. This won't change your already booked appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 1:14am On Oct 20, 2019
Thanks a lot. I have done that now and it's fine.

God bless you.
Candybright:

You can update your DS 160 number from your profiel and print a new appointment confirmation. This won't change your already booked appointment

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by anyanwustanley11(m): 8:50am On Oct 20, 2019
Please help it's urgent am having my interview in months time b1 B2 visa criticism is open.

VO: your passport
Me: passed to him
VO: which state are you going
Me: Texas
VO: what are you going there for
Me: business and tourism
VO: how long you staying
Me: 1 week
VO:are you married
Me: yes
VO:how many kids
Me: one
VO: what do you do for a living
Me: marketing executive
V0:who is sponsoring your trip
Me: my present employer
VO: have you been to the us with 5 years
Me : no
VO: do u have any relative in u.s
Me : me

Please guild it's urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by anyanwustanley11(m): 8:50am On Oct 20, 2019
anyanwustanley11:
Please help it's urgent am having my interview in months time b1 B2 visa criticism is open.

Please guild it's urgent

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rikkyayo: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Candybright:

That's the only time available on that 11th. I guess becausee people already picked later time. Click on 12th and see what time is available. Do you really want to pick that date? Chill small and the dates will return back to maybe December and yiu pick. But if not in a haste, you can pick the Feb date

Okay, but every other dates I checked still shows that same time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2019
anyanwustanley11:

Remember, the US Consulate hasn't appointed any VO on Nairaland.

One week vacation in TX being sponsored by your employer while you are married and with a child in Nigeria is suspect.
You didn't say anything about the business you are going to conduct there in TX. Is it for you or your employer?
You are a Marketing Executive which doesn't say or mean anything in reality... Everyone who read your transcript can't deduce what you do or which industry you work.
You don't have a relative in the US. Answering "me" sounds corny... The VO may think you are cocky.

If you will oblige us and you, why exactly are you going to "the abroad"?

And note, all this pre-interviews doesn't really matter if it's not what you "or someone helped you" listed while you filled your DS160

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2019
pleasureosondu:
i tried very hard not call u a stupid dude but its obvious that you are. How can you post such trash on a public forum?
this thread is in page 145 today....... And have been following it back to back have neither come across any insult nor any abusive words from a nairlander even tho some ask.... annoying question we just ignore them..... If quora or reedit has been allowing their users use insultive comment on OP i believe it will won't be as big and famous as it is today.... You can just ignore d dude or don't quote him at all why call him stupid imagine calling someone father probably a grown ass man stupid and u might be a weakling teen..... If seyewest, omobendele or beautydaddy has been using abusive words on some annoying questions i don't really think this thread will ever reach page 20......... Watch your languages if you are annoyed by some questions asked here go to another thread or go F U C K yaself

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:48am On Oct 20, 2019
fkj950ax:

Remember, the US Consulate hasn't appointed any VO on Nairaland.

One week vacation in TX being sponsored by your employer while you are married and with a child in Nigeria is suspect.
You didn't say anything about the business you are going to conduct there in TX. Is it for you or your employer?
You are a Marketing Executive which doesn't say or mean anything in reality... Everyone who read your transcript can't deduce what you do or which industry you work.
You don't have a relative in the US. Answering "me" sounds corny... The VO may think you are cocky.

If you will oblige us and you, why exactly are you going to "the abroad"?

And note, all this pre-interviews doesn't really matter if it's not what you "or someone helped you" listed while you filled your DS160
what if dem give him d visa??
Because i see nothing wrong his writeup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2019
Spanishmilf:
this thread is in page 145 today....... And have been following it back to back have neither come across any insult nor any abusive words from a nairlander even tho some ask.... annoying question we just ignore them..... If quora or reedit has been allowing their users use insultive comment on OP i believe it will won't be as big and famous as it is today.... You can just ignore d dude or don't quote him at all why call him stupid imagine calling someone father probably a grown ass man stupid and u might be a weakling teen..... If seyewest, omobendele or beautydaddy has been using abusive words on some annoying questions i don't really think this thread will ever reach page 20......... Watch your languages if you are annoyed by some questions asked here go to another thread or go F U C K yaself
Lol. You know you eventually did exactly what you reprimanded the guy for doing. You actually asked him to FU.C.k himself. That is not a compliment

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Spanishmilf:
I like your spirit man (very optimistic) and your comments here are very mature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2019
anyanwustanley11:

Please guild it's urgent

Any travel history ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Spanishmilf:
like the guy rightly said, there is no VO on nairaland so they can give anybody visa but on a balance of probability his question line won't follow that route. As you can see, he is hiding a whole lot of details that the VO will be looking out for. First, he said he is going for business and tourism. You think the VO will just pretend he didn't hear the business aspect of it? Not likely. So the VO will ask him, what kind of business and unless we know his answer to that question, we may not know his chances. Moreso, the VO won't likely ask him wether he has been to USA in the last five years cos the VO will know already. He will only ask him wether he has travelled to other countries before which may or may not be on the present passport. Also the moment he says he is not travelling with his wife and kid, he will like to know why they are not travelling with him unless we know that the business can't accommodate family frivolity. Moreso, why is the employer sponsoring this? Is the business related to work? What value will the business bring to the company to warrant the company sponsoring him to the almighty America. Finally, has he spent more than one year or two years in that work place? Of course most employers won't send you to America after working for them for just one year and even if it is true, the VO will doubt it. And the VO may ask for your salary because if it is not significant, you can easily deceive your employer and not return. By and large, the question line he provided is not likely. But nobody can determine the outcome of his interview from here

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:52am On Oct 20, 2019
helpee:
like the guy rightly said, there is no VO on nairaland so they can give anybody visa but on a balance of probability his question line won't follow that route. As you can see, he is hiding a whole lot of details that the VO will be looking out for. First, he said he is going for business and tourism. You think the VO will just pretend he didn't hear the business aspect of it? Not likely. So the VO will ask him, what kind of business and unless we know his answer to that question, we may not know his chances. Moreso, the VO won't likely ask him wether he has been to USA in the last five years cos the VO will know already. He will only ask him wether he has travelled to other countries before which may or may not be on the present passport. Also the moment he says he is not travelling with his wife and kid, he will like to know why they are not travelling with him unless we know that the business can't accommodate family frivolity. Moreso, why is the employer sponsoring this? Is the business related to work? What value will the business bring to the company to warrant the company sponsoring him to the almighty America. Finally, has he spent more than one year or two years in that work place? Of course most employers won't send you to America after working for them for just one year and even if it is true, the VO will doubt it. And the VO may ask for your salary because if it is not significant, you can easily deceive your employer and not return. By and large, the question line he provided is not likely. But nobody can determine the outcome of his interview from here
i really wish VO can spend time like this with applicant.................
They dont spend 1min w8th applicant anymore... And he didn't reveal alot of info here probably because of security purpose.. Let see how it will turn out for him
E go be

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:55am On Oct 20, 2019
helpee:
Lol. You know you eventually did exactly what you reprimanded the guy for doing. You actually asked him to FU.C.k himself. That is not a compliment
i dey vex nii jare........ If pple like oluabenz or twoods insult or type d way d guy this thread will be dead asf because everyone will be scared to ask questions...........
D guy doesn't say anything in d thread because of fear...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2019
oluayebenz:

Any travel history ?
my neigbour a family of 4 was given visa last week........ They have not step seme border talkless of saying dem wan go dubai dem dey live for rented apartment 2 bedroom part d woman na hairdress..... And they are muslim
How d VO take give dem visa is a mystery to me....................

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
Spanishmilf:
my neigbour a family of 4 was given visa last week........ They have not step seme border talkless of saying dem wan go dubai dem dey live for rented apartment 2 bedroom part d woman na hairdress..... And they are muslim
How d VO take give dem visa is a mystery to me....................

U are right thou.....
People get US visa by grace not by profile cos they dont verify documents. Most of the VO issued visa by their current mood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.