Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529890 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
djfrancis:
The way some people peddle information they are not aware about on platforms like this, you'd think Google is their middle name.

In other news, I have insider info that there is a CO currently observing this particular platform.

Be guided.

V.O usually answer question on this forum but they've stopped for a while.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Dammilekan:
cry cry cry

This is not an attack but just a friendly advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
hayatou27:
Have you ever given birth to a child in US or overstayed beyond 2 months, if your answer is No, go ahead , your visa will be approved. Don't let them know you want to go aand give birth.

We're just bad and badly behave people, we spoil good things... why do we do things like this? What is wrong with us?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
seyewest:

This is not an attack but just a friendly advice.
i know, i respect you a lot please can you answer my question on page 17
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
seyewest:

We're just bad and badly behave people, we spoil good things... why do we do things like this? What is wrong with us?

As in when I saw it I was weak.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2019
Dammilekan:
I want to ask a question i saw a video on instagram, a guy complaining about Nigerians giving birth in America and refusal to pay
I want to ask is it true

Yes, it's true...but not all Nigerians do such.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
seyewest:

Hayatou may have hit the nail on the tail really badly but that doesn't mean thousands will not continue to conceal pregnancy and nothing you and I can do to stop these trends.

The pregnant woman who conceals pregnancy during visa interview is no way different from the idiot who does not conceal but gives birth without either paying completely, uses Insurance or benefits from discount same as the mofo who goes to the U.S. on a visit visa and disappears into thin air, thereby destroying opportunities for Nigerians who have followed the law to the later.

They are all the same bunch of unscrupulous, morally depraved and terribly insatiable Nigerians and that habit doesn't come to me as a surprise.

It will NEVER stop, the ball is in the court of President Trump and Congress to stop these trends by either withrawing/restricting citizenship by birth to countries notorious for visa racketeering/fraud and/or visa restrictions to those who have misused their visas.

U.S. immigration laws need a 100% overhaul.hate him or like him the President will deliver.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
Visa Transcript From Friday 9:15am Batch

Window 2 , Tall Male

VO : Why are you doing to the US?
ME : I am oppurtuned to participate in the Facebook Annual Developers Conference and the F8 hackaton .
VO: How many days do you plan to stay?
ME : 5days
VO : Do you have any relatives in the US?
ME : No
VO : Are you traveling alone?
ME : Yes
VO : Is this your first international travel?
ME : No, I have been to Ghana
Vo : (Types for few seconds) Sorry, You're not qualified, (hands over passport and the blue paper)

The trip was an expense paid one and was to hold in San Jose, CA. , my hotel reservations had been made and I was expected to book my flight the next day if the interview was successful.

I was yet to clock 18years of age at the time of interview.
Also I attended an I.T institution for software engineers and I was scheduled to take my jamb exams the following week .
Could it be that I was denied to my young age and not been accompanied by someone older?

>>> Looking Forward, am also likely to get an invite to the US receive an award as I participated in the Mongodb online hackaton and participants are expected to come over to the US, expense paid.

Is this still worth applying for, considering that I would have gained admission into a Nigerian University and I can state that when asked what circumstance has changed since my last denial?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
I also wonder why people behave like they're the only ones to be interviewed?

The lady at window 1was forced to beckon on one of the cgi attendants to tell a man to leave after being asked severally if he wanted her to call the security. The next person on the line was already shaking smiley

Such situations just makes the interviewer unwilling to ask the next person enough questions before drawing a conclusion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2019
Odoriferous:
I also wonder why people behave like they're the only ones to be interviewed?

The lady at window 1was forced to beckon on one of the cgi attendants to tell a man to leave after being asked severally if he wanted her to call the security. The next person on the line was already shaking smiley

Such situations just makes the interviewer unwilling to ask the next person enough questions before drawing a conclusion

It's called "self entitlement "
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
Odoriferous:
Visa Transcript From Friday 9:15am Batch

VO : Why are you doing to the US?
ME : I am oppurtuned to participate in the Facebook Annual Developers Conference and the F8 hackaton .
Could it be that I was denied to my young age and not been accompanied by someone older?

Is this still worth applying for, considering that I would have gained admission into a Nigerian University and I can state that when asked what circumstance has changed since my last denial?

Are you a software owner, developer or do you represent a company that builds content around Facebook?

Your conversation was vague , your age , marital status, non school enrollment all played a role.

Who is footing your travel expenses ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Are you a software owner, developer or do you represent a company that builds content around Facebook?

Your conversation was vague and your age , marital status, non school enrollment all played a role.

Who is footing your travel expenses ?

Am a software Developer. Facebook is also very much active in the software development industry by building and improving existing tools. There was a call for all developers who build with these tools to register to participate and I applied.

All expenses were being taken of by facebook which was indicated in the invitation letter I received

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2019
Odoriferous:

Am a software Developer. Facebook is also very much active in the software development industry by building and improving existing tools. There was a call for all developers who build with these tools to register to participate and I applied.

All expenses were being taken of by facebook which was indicated in the invitation letter I received

Which software have you developed?

. . . I know expenses are borne by attendees.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

it annoying tho
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

A few I believe....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Here is a link to my github profile there are quite a number of them listed out there ;
https://github.com/vickywane .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Images attached aren't showing here . I'd have shown where it was included in the mail and also the hotel reservation already made
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:08am On Apr 14, 2019
Odoriferous:

Images attached aren't showing here . I'd have shown where it was included in the mail and also the hotel reservation already made

I will give you a clue.. you need to start traveling extensively especially around Africa and Europe, attending different session on coding, IT etc. in short you need to start investing in your career by attending session and creating huge online footprint.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2019
seyewest:

I will give you a clue.. you need to start traveling extensively especially around Africa and Europe, attending different session on coding, IT etc. in short you need to start investing in your career by attending session and creating huge online footprint.

Positive online footprint helps a lot, you can say that again!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2019
seyewest:

I'll be in Kenya next month to attend a Dev-con.

But do they check online to see how popular the individual is?

I didn't spend up to 2mins before the vo ended the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2019
seyewest:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:49am On Apr 14, 2019
Odoriferous:

Just do what seyewest has said. Your interview was like my first USA Interview. I was thesame age as you, I was a student in UK. The vo officer didn't look at me, he asked only two questions and denied me.

I built my travel history by touring EU countries and applied again after three years and got it. You are still young and have alot of time in your hands.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odoriferous: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Just do what seyewest has said. Your interview was like my first USA Interview. I was thesame age as you, I was a student in UK. The vo officer didn't look at me, he asked only two questions and denied me.

I built my travel history by touring EU countries and applied again after three years and got it. You are still young and have alot of time in your hands.
Wow.

Coming from someone that applied from a vantage point.

I'll definitely work on my travel history!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
KingSatan:
Please guys I need your help. I need to schedule an appointment for my in-laws for next month (Abuja ) since Lagos is filled up. But there seem to be a sudden rush. This week I saw 3rd May till 30th available but now All Of May is Gone. I didn't secure it because I wanted to be sure the oldies we're ready to travel and I prefer doing this US application thing during weekends.

Is there a way I can walk through this?

I don't want to patronise touts please help.

Someone told me i could use a VPN or tell my friends in the state to help and they will get something earlier.

I don't know what to do.

I need them oldies to visit the US

The dates are a function of the embassy you want to have the interview, not the location you apply from.
If you are in Germany and you pick Lagos as interview location, it will be same date as if you are in Ikeja and pick Lagos as interview location.
VPN won't give you priority.

Someone has said this is Summer Peak Period, and Lagos has a 3-4months wait period. Abuja is almost same

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zika01: 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hello everyone, please for those who recently did drop box. Can one submit both old and new passport for drop box or is it only the new/current passport that is accepted. I’m asking cuz all my travel history is in my Old passport. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
Zika01:
Hello everyone, please for those who recently did drop box. Can one submit both old and new passport for drop box or is it only the new/current passport that is accepted. I’m asking cuz all my travel history is in my Old passport. Thanks
I submitted my two passports (old and new) when i renewed my canadian visitors visa. But as of when i renewed my US visa i hadn't gotten my new passport so i submitted only one passport. My advice is submit the two(old and new) because of your travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
Odoriferous:

That will be done before you appear for interview (Background checks)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
Zika01:

They are concerned about the passport with your expired visa.

If the new passport doesn't have a visa, then you submit the old one having the visa with it.

If the new one has the expired visa, they won't even collect the old one from you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zika01: 3:15am On Apr 15, 2019
ultimatebas:

I submitted my two passports (old and new) when i renewed my canadian visitors visa. But as of when i renewed my US visa i hadn't gotten my new passport so i submitted only one passport. My advice is submit the two(old and new) because of your travel history.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zika01: 3:15am On Apr 15, 2019
ayenikunle:

They are concerned about the passport with your expired visa.

If the new passport doesn't have a visa, then you submit the old one having the visa with it.

If the new one has the expired visa, they won't even collect the old on from you.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2019
@seyewest. Have you seen this? I pray he comes to give us a feedback so applicants will note and be very careful. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I can figure out what happened

https://www.nairaland.com/5133759/brother-family-sent-down-plane/7

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.