Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530418 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello good people. Pls what is the situation with interview dates in Abuja right these days? If I schedule today, can I get a date in about a week or 2 weeks later?

Please urgent reply is needed. Thank you!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Matinho: 5:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
Staying for 3 months does not mean he did something wrong. There is no law that says you cannot stay in the USA, as long as you do not overstay your welcome. European citizens with ESTA stay the whole period they are eligible to stay and still come back weeks later for another visit. All because he is Nigerian that stayed for some months he is being profiled. However,if he has a tangible explanation to back up the stay its all good. To be Nigerian is a hassle,no country respects us but its a wake up call to the citizenry.
seyewest:

You failed to notice where he keep insisting on not doing anything wrong by staying for 3 months....

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
Circa:
Hello good people. Pls what is the situation with interview dates in Abuja right these days? If I schedule today, can I get a date in about a week or 2 weeks later?

Please urgent reply is needed. Thank you!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
Today is gonna be a good day!!

Better naija food dry hungry me cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
OmoBendel24:

No arguments. Kee yourself! New York, Georgia, California, Nevada and Texas in this order may not cost you more than $350-400 in flight tickets (the most expensive being $122) if you know what you are doing and doing them ahead. Generator is part of the Nigeria "constitution". So, what's in these? Park well!

You are too basic no pun intended but message me when you have done exceptional things grin I know you have missed me grin

Hey your new name will be"Basicboy. You gotta love it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by micluv111: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Matinho:
Staying for 3 months does not mean he did something wrong. There is no law that says you cannot stay in the USA, as long as you do not overstay your welcome. European citizens with ESTA stay the whole period they are eligible to stay and still come back weeks later for another visit. All because he is Nigerian that stayed for some months he is being profiled. However,if he has a tangible explanation to back up the stay its all good. To be Nigerian is a hassle,no country respects us but its a wake up call to the citizenry.

You have said it all

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 7:38am On Feb 23, 2020
When you guys say don't use agent, it is very annoying sometimes.
Not everyone has the time to sit and read hundreds of pages on a thread
There are agents that are well traveled and know their onions, not every agent is a quack so to say

Why not "if you have to use an an agent, ensure they are credible'

Alot of people have gotten Visa denials when they dont know exactly how/what they are meant to state on the forms or the appropriate supporting documents to upload/submit to give them a better chance with the VO.

I know people that chose VI only to realize they had to pay more or even chose the wrong type of appointment and had no choice than to pay for them at TLS.

Please you guys should be gentle on the 'dont use agents'

Thank you.

carnal:
modify and remove that figure please,this is a public forum.I can advice you and your wife apply for u.k visa between now and June if you have the fund,you can chose appropriate interview date at u.s embassy say September/October, having a u.k visa might boost your chances.the VO wont ask to see any documents,also read these thread from beginning to learn more.If any challenge we are here to assist, don't use any agent o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 7:44am On Feb 23, 2020
Like it has been stated already, please apply to UK first, travel there and go to Nairobi/Rwanda/Addis Ababa on the same visit, then wait for about 6-8 months before applying for the US

The US is now keen on travel history, so if you are asked it will be better to say, we have been to Dubai, Nairobi/Addis Ababa and London, rather than just Dubai alone.

You stand a good chance with UK if you submit the right documents and dont have a complicated bank statement.

Al the best!

anabor:
Gurus in the house please respond
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by carnal: 8:21am On Feb 23, 2020
ibukunpops:
There are agents that are well traveled and know their onions, not every agent is a quack so to say

Alot of people have gotten Visa denials when they dont know exactly how/what they are meant to state on the forms or the appropriate supporting documents to upload/submit to give them a better chance with the VO.

I know people that chose VI only to realize they had to pay more or even chose the wrong type of appointment and had no choice than to pay for them at TLS.

Thank you.

what is annoying here?i only gave a genuine advice, the young man has got all the power to decide what will work for him. agents has done more harm than good to people here and outside these forum. It is not a must to read the whole thread too.
@anabor, use agent if you wish, dont use agent if dont wish. shikena, quarell no de for sambisa gate.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2020
waleey27:

F2 visa makes more sense. However, he will need an I-20 from his wife’s school which may mean showing proof of funds to the school again enough for him, his wife and any children they have. If he doesn’t want that stress and he can prove convincingly that he has a good job that keeps him in Nigeria (that will be his tie to the country), then B1/B2 will be the best bet.

Seconded
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2020
Matinho:

Do we do the right thing? do we respect others? technically staying in U.S for 3 months is no big deal but logically it means he can decided to stay in U.S for over 6 months if he can stay for 3 months, I believe this can only work for (Nigerian) women not men.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Circa post=86869800][/quote]

You can do it yourself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:30am On Feb 23, 2020
ibukunpops:

Thank you.

No one is against using credible agent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2020
carnal:

what is annoying here?i only gave a genuine advice, the young man has got all the power to decide what will work for him. agents has done more harm than good to people here and outside these forum. It is not a must to read the whole thread too.
@anabor, use agent if you wish, dont use agent if dont wish. shikena, quarell no de for sambisa gate.

We need to cool down, I know she meant no harm and it's her opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2020
This isn't true. Please watch "Border security America's frontline" Europeans/British first-timers are denied entries when they do not have a job/ties to their countries. Returning ones who had previously stayed past their declared time are returned. You cannot stay in America for 3 months on ESTA, exit and come back weeks after. That would be termed living in the USA which isn't allowed. Most times, their ESTA privileges are canceled, and they'll be requiring a visa to visit the USA.

Matinho:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by carnal: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
seyewest:

We need to cool down, I know she meant no harm and it's her opinion.
baba seye,ur boy is calm o, lik stream water. I de onli inform aunty ibukun say quarrel no de for ground. @ anabor is free to use agent or not use agent ,for me,DIY remains my policy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
seyewest:

You can do it yourself.

How sir seyewest?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Circa:

How sir seyewest?

visit ustraveldocs.com
register and follow the website directive.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
seyewest:

visit ustraveldocs.com
register and follow the website directive.

Not ready to schedule now. I want to know about available dates for interview in Abuja. If others are just scheduling.. What earliest available dates
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
Circa:

Not ready to schedule now. I want to know about available dates for interview in Abuja. If others are just scheduling.. What earliest available dates

That is where you see the dates init?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:36am On Feb 24, 2020
Circa:

You don't have to schedule to see the available date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 24, 2020
seyewest:

You don't have to schedule to see the available date

Somebody said it's a decoy. That date changes to later, late late later dates wen u actually want to schedule
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shithapuns: 9:45am On Feb 24, 2020
s3nn2x:

Perhaps. I booked a flight to Lagos from New York yesterday and I was asked to come along with the credit card I used for the booking to the airport on the day of travel. It hasn't happened to me before. I don't know if it is because it is a Delta Airline direct flight to Lagos.

its the new standard procedure now, cos of card fraud. even hotels in usa do it now

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2020
carnal:
baba seye,ur boy is calm o, lik stream water. I de onli inform aunty ibukun say quarrel no de for ground. @ anabor is free to use agent or not use agent ,for me,DIY remains my policy.
Even the US embassy itself admonishes people to do the application themselves and they dont encourage the use of agents.Its on their website.Some people dont even take their time to study the website before they quickly rush to use agents.This is the 21st century.Study the website thoroughly , use Google to get more information and there's no way you won't get a grasp of the process.But some will never do that.They believe others can do it better than them.If you are literate, you should fill the application yourself,and accept whatever the outcome is.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lee310: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yes.
shithapuns:

its the new standard procedure now, cos of card fraud. even hotels in usa do it now

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Circa:

Somebody said it's a decoy. That date changes to later, late late later dates wen u actually want to schedule

You too find out if it's a decoy.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
seyewest:

You too find out if it's a decoy.

Na wao
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Highbeeyajibola: 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kaka24: 12:13am On Feb 25, 2020
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by carnal: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2020
Kaka24:

Am currently doing my master’s degree program at a Germany. However have been to Uk, Sweden and Czech before while am in Germany,
Now I want to attend a scientific conference at USA in relation to my field of study.

But the issue is I have a brother at USA who use B1/B2 as a mean of entry and later stabilize with marriage.
Mention me having a brother will be detrimental to my chances.

What can you advise me in these case.critism is welcome.
in my opinion,you can apply without mentioning you brother's details. You stand a good chance from what i know.Gurus in the house over to you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2020
Kaka24:

Am currently doing my master’s degree program at a Germany. However have been to Uk, Sweden and Czech before while am in Germany,
Now I want to attend a scientific conference at USA in relation to my field of study.

But the issue is I have a brother at USA who use B1/B2 as a mean of entry and later stabilize with marriage.
Mention me having a brother will be detrimental to my chances.

What can you advise me in these case.critism is welcome.

A wealthy philanthropist built a beautiful mansion in 1776. This edifice is a huge tourist attraction and people from all around the world write letters to this old lady requesting a glimpse of its beauty.

After much deliberations this lady was pressured by her children to open up her home to the outside world.

On one condition she said, my home is open to all to live as there are many rooms but travellers must indicate their intention before coming so she can prepare rooms for those who want to live in it permanently and those who are just passing through.

A man by the name Wazobia indicated he needed a tour, spoke highly of the heiress and how he has been inspired by her philanthropy. He needed a temporary stay for the purpose of learning,development and to replicate same back home. The old lady was touched and approved his quest.

When Wazobia arrived he was warmly received but after a few weeks he became greedy, envious and took over one of her rooms permanently.

She was distraught, disappointed but her benevolence got the most of her and did not deter her from doing good but she never forgot what Wazobia did.

Fast forward to 2020 Wazobia's sibling Kaka24 intends to write a letter to the old lady for a tour.
Do you think the old lady will be happy if she finds out kaka withheld information about his relationship status with Wazobia the usurper ?

The old lady is wiser and tougher now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.