Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530795 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zika01: 9:18pm On May 09, 2019
OmoBendel24:

She can change whatever by filling another form and updating her profile with the new form's number, yes.... But that they asked for her husband's earning can not be correct, except we are not talking of a DS160 form here? Well, maybe there's a new update on the form sha, lately....

@omobendel
Please I also made a mistake on my form. Please after filling another form and updating my profile with the new form’s number, do I still need to call the embassy to notify them of the change.
NOTE: This is for drop box application. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by homeboy2015: 9:24am On May 10, 2019
homeboy2015:
Good Afternoon all, I have a conference to attend on the 12th August, Please which is the earliest date I can get to schedule an appointment? Planning to apply tomorrow.

@Omobenedel, @Justwise please help on the quoted as I cant view available dates without payment. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:14am On May 10, 2019
homeboy2015:

@Omobenedel, @Justwise please help on the quoted as I cant view available dates without payment. Thanks.

But @the bolded isn't correct. Set up a profile with them and initiate scheduling appointment, the earliest available date will be laid bare without you making payment yet....

Abuja - mid October
Lagos - mid/late September

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by homeboy2015: 10:55am On May 10, 2019
OmoBendel24:

But @the bolded isn't correct. Set up a profile with them and initiate scheduling appointment, the earliest available date will be laid bare without you making payment yet....

Abuja - mid October
Lagos - mid/late September

Seen. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MumTee: 12:45pm On May 10, 2019
Hello,
My mum's interview is next week and I couldn't upload her passport photo online while submitting the DS 160 form.
She just sent me something on the form which says "effective immediately, visa applicants who don't upload their photos won't be allowed to be interviewed"

How correct is this, what if she goes for the interview with her photographs.
How do we go about this? Anyone who has attended an interview recently in Lagos Nigeria?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by charen: 1:36pm On May 10, 2019
Good day everyone. Our visa was rejected after a 221G interview today. We are a family of 4, I, wiffy and two children and we have visited the US on vacation twice. Although i stayed for close to 5 months during my first visit while wife and children returned to Nigeria after their 3 weeks vacation due to her work and children schooling. I have my private job and have the luxury of time to myself.

We initially applied through drop box after which we received a 221g scheduled interview. Eventually we got a refusal based on strong ties as stated although I was specifically questioned on why I stayed for 5 months in the US in 2017, which I explained and that I have visited the US again after that spending less than three weeks. I was the only one that stayed for 5 months, my wife and the children spent less than 3 weeks each in their two different visits to the US and came back.

During the interview, I was interrogated on the stay, although my wife was not questioned after which the consular refused everyone without judging us differently.
Please house, kindly advise me on what to do as this is a painful experience especially for my little children. I am thinking of reapplying, should i reapply alone, or should my wife and the children reapply first, or we should all reapply together again? Please i need your various views and advise on this. Thank you
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sage7(m): 4:18pm On May 10, 2019
charen:
Good day everyone. Our visa was rejected after a 221G interview today. We are a family of 4, I, wiffy and two children and we have visited the US on vacation twice. Although i stayed for close to 5 months during my first visit while wife and children returned to Nigeria after their 3 weeks vacation due to her work and children schooling. I have my private job and have the luxury of time to myself.

We initially applied through drop box after which we received a 221g scheduled interview. Eventually we got a refusal based on strong ties as stated although I was specifically questioned on why I stayed for 5 months in the US in 2017, which I explained and that I have visited the US again after that spending less than three weeks. I was the only one that stayed for 5 months, my wife and the children spent less than 3 weeks each in their two different visits to the US and came back.

During the interview, I was interrogated on the stay, although my wife was not questioned after which the consular refused everyone without judging us differently.
Please house, kindly advise me on what to do as this is a painful experience especially for my little children. I am thinking of reapplying, should i reapply alone, or should my wife and the children reapply first, or we should all reapply together again? Please i need your various views and advise on this. Thank you
Thank you.

I know a 70-yr-old church member that overstayed because she was ill & not fit to travel. All attempts to renew till now is futile.

They hate situations like that. It’s particularly sad it affected your wife & kids.

What can be done?? Not that I know of. We await the elders of this forum.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 5:55pm On May 10, 2019
charen:

Thank you.

Okay, if your main purpose to travel to the US was strictly for vacation(visit) but was unfortunately denied my simple advise for you and the family is to try applying for visiting visa for vacation with other countries.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 5:56pm On May 10, 2019
She won't be allowed in without uploading her pictures. If the interview is anytime from Wednesday next week, you can fill a new form and update the new confirmation number on her profile now. If her interview is on Monday or Tuesday, it's probably too late.

MumTee:
Hello,
My mum's interview is next week and I couldn't upload her passport photo online while submitting the DS 160 form.
She just sent me something on the form which says "effective immediately, visa applicants who don't upload their photos won't be allowed to be interviewed"

How correct is this, what if she goes for the interview with her photographs.
How do we go about this? Anyone who has attended an interview recently in Lagos Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 6:00pm On May 10, 2019
Sage7:

I know a 70-yr-old church member that overstayed because she was ill & not fit to travel. All attempts to renew till now is futile.

They hate situations like that. It’s particularly sad it affected your wife & kids.

What can be done?? Not that I know of. We await the elders of this forum.

Hmmm...her overstaying in the US might not be the only reasons why renewing her US visa has become futile.

Being that she overstayed due to illness...I hope it wasn't Medicaid that ended up covering her medical expenses she might have incurred during her treatment.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
charen:

Thank you.

Sir kindly post your transcript so we can advice you accordingly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 10:08pm On May 10, 2019
sholamat:
please i need help.. i met this lady online .. she is a us citizen.. she told me to come over .. here is the plan cos i have read a lot about his visa stuff.. so i told her that i will try and come on a tourists visa..
i have a man that will do the bank stuff for me .. that’s i work in wema bank and am going there for tourist and to get christmas stuffs for my family and friends.. i started my travel for december this year
will that idea work out.. am asking .. please i need help

It will not work because you are about to lie to get that visa.

And that man will spoil your genuine future intentions.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 1:54am On May 11, 2019
No don’t try it ..the moment you submit your details,the embassy already knows it’s all lies and you don’t work with wema bank,these are workplaces that can easily be contacted..let her come to Nigeria or better still you meet in an African country/island or Dubai..then see how it goes from there..don’t ruin your future chances with today’s lies..cos you have to keep lying to cover up previous lies..be good .
sholamat:
please i need help.. i met this lady online .. she is a us citizen.. she told me to come over .. here is the plan cos i have read a lot about his visa stuff.. so i told her that i will try and come on a tourists visa..
i have a man that will do the bank stuff for me .. that’s i work in wema bank and am going there for tourist and to get christmas stuffs for my family and friends.. i started my travel for december this year

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Simcha: 2:25am On May 11, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 3:57am On May 11, 2019
who the heal is this Nairaland am so sorry i cant teach you what to do but this is bad kindly remove this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliya: 7:43am On May 11, 2019
My simple answer to this is that you should forget about US for now. There is nothing they hate more than overstaying. Yea, they stamp you in for 6months but nobody spends 5months on holiday if the job here is that important to the person. Unfortunately, it affected your wife and the kids but trust them, they are not likely to give them the visa soon. I suggest you go to another country for vacation.
If I may ask, please, what were you doing for the entire 5months? Did you work?
charen:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2019
sholamat:

Is it a must you must travel by falsifying bank document? You're part of the reason why this country is in such a mess, if you want to meet your U.S Citizen, both of you can meet in Dubai or where easy to meet and you can shop in Dubai.
One more thing, no one on this forum will help you.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:07am On May 11, 2019
Simcha:
Hello my people. A US citizen wanna help me to come to the US but talked bout me needing to find a love and get my K-1 visa but seems the she doesn't know much about the whole processes involved in getting the Visa. I read on a travel site that two lovers must met in person with proofs prior to application for the visa and about $2100 is involved as a fees for filling for petition, visa and etc. Can there be a legal n more smoother way of getting to the US? I'm a first year university student with no strong ties to Nigeria except my admission/schooling, and I'm thinking if it's possible to get a visiting visa when my school's on vacation, get there, and come back. If found a love I may immigrate through the K-1 visa route before or after I finish my studies here. I want to know my chances of getting the visiting visa as I'm a student(unskilled) with empty bank account but my US benefactor is willing to help. Will she be permitted to sponsor my visiting visa and bear all the costs of me staying for a month or two if on a visit visa? And I will appreciate if anyone can suggest any other easy n legal way of getting to the US as a nonimmigrant or immigrant. Thanks.

SMH lipsrsealed Nawa oooo, you're not qualified.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 8:58am On May 11, 2019
charen:

Thank you.
wat you ought to have done is allow wife and kids go alone for the 221g that way they will be issued then you can try say 3-4 months later.this is exactly what my colleague who was in same situation as you did(he overstayed at 45 days instead of original 17 days).solution now is apply elsewhere for the whole family,then let wife plus kids alone re-apply say November/december again then let's see wat the outcome will be like.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 9:12am On May 11, 2019
Simcha:
Hello my people. A US citizen wanna help me to come to the US but talked bout me needing to find a love and get my K-1 visa but seems the she doesn't know much about the whole processes involved in getting the Visa. I read on a travel site that two lovers must met in person with proofs prior to application for the visa and about $2100 is involved as a fees for filling for petition, visa and etc. Can there be a legal n more smoother way of getting to the US? I'm a first year university student with no strong ties to Nigeria except my admission/schooling, and I'm thinking if it's possible to get a visiting visa when my school's on vacation, get there, and come back. If found a love I may immigrate through the K-1 visa route before or after I finish my studies here. I want to know my chances of getting the visiting visa as I'm a student(unskilled) with empty bank account but my US benefactor is willing to help. Will she be permitted to sponsor my visiting visa and bear all the costs of me staying for a month or two if on a visit visa? And I will appreciate if anyone can suggest any other easy n legal way of getting to the US as a nonimmigrant or immigrant. Thanks.
before I attempted u.s visa I had gone 16 countries(courtesy of my work place) and at first trial, I got it. Don't be in a hurry,dont forge documents,focus on your education,build travel history and be patient.las las the visa will come. If you rush and forge documents then your chances become zero

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:17am On May 11, 2019
awumen:
wat you ought to have done is allow wife and kids go alone for the 221g that way they will be issued then you can try say 3-4 months later.this is exactly what my colleague who was in same situation as you did(he overstayed at 45 days instead of original 17 days).solution now is apply elsewhere for the whole family,then let wife plus kids alone re-apply say November/december again then let's see wat the outcome will be like.

True.... Just didn’t want to comment on his case before, because I need a lot of calm to do so. How can you just open your eyes and lead your family into this? You want to hide behind them to cover yourself? The moment you did that 5 months before coming back home, that is when too you should have said goodbye to applying together with them for renewal, because whatever for any reason goes wrong with yours will very likely and invariably rub-off on theirs. There are things I don’t joke with once it comes to my family, I rather be the “sacrificial lamb” for them.

Adopt the solution given by the above poster, don’t ever let that thought of applying with them come to your mind again, not to even talk of actualising such thought, please!

Cc: Charen

NB// It is you that should reapply last, do everything to make your family happy irrespective of being sole sponsor/bread winner. I really feel like saying more, vexed, but will let go. Hopefully, this situation is salvaged if at all still slimly possible

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:48am On May 11, 2019
OmoBendel24:

True.... Just didn’t want to comment on his case before, because I need a lot of calm to do so. How can you just open your eyes and lead your family into this? You want to hide behind them to cover yourself? The moment you did that 5 months before coming back home, that is when too you should have said goodbye to applying together with them for renewal, because whatever for any reason goes wrong with yours will very likely and invariably rub-off on theirs. There are things I don’t joke with once it comes to my family, I rather be the “sacrificial lamb” for them.

Adopt the solution given by the above poster, don’t ever let that thought of applying with them come to your mind again, not to even talk of actualising such thought, please!

NB// It is you that should reapply last, do everything to make your family happy irrespective of being sole sponsor/bread winner. I really feel like saying more, vexed, but will let go. Hopefully, this situation is salvaged if at all still slimly possible

Same here and I can't even bring myself to comment on his predicament, I'm very sure his wife won't take it easy with him.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by adexyz91(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2019
Hi guys... I really don't know if I my questions is right on this thread or if there's another but I would love answers please.
I am contemplating applying for a visit visa during my annual vacation from here (UAE, Of course I am a Nigerian) or coming to Nigeria then apply, then I stumbled upon " one can go to wed in the US (my fiancée who is in Canada and has a US visa) with the same visit visa, both are genuine intentions), I want to know which one should I stick to during interview, to land the visa ( with higher chances) and documents to support any.
Thanks for your time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 3:10pm On May 11, 2019
Kk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 3:12pm On May 11, 2019
adexyz91:
Hi guys... I really don't know if I my questions is right on this thread or if there's another but I would love answers please.
I am contemplating applying for a visit visa during my annual vacation from here (UAE, Of course I am a Nigerian) or coming to Nigeria then apply, then I stumbled upon " one can go to wed in the US (my fiancée who is in Canada and has a US visa) with the same visit visa, both are genuine intentions), I want to know which one should I stick to during interview, to land the visa ( with higher chances) and documents to support any.
Thanks for your time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 3:52pm On May 11, 2019
OmoBendel24:

i honestly felt pained answering Charen questions,this is why I tell most people around, read, research on web, read travel thread on nairaland,you might not get the best answers but trust me you can get the best idea to tackle such problems.@Charen, You ought have brought these questions here before applying and not after the interview.i felt pained for your family,me de vex for u sef.all the same re-arrange as advise, hopefully it will fly

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rite01: 4:29pm On May 11, 2019
Hello everyone
I want u people to give me advice on what to do now I just went for my 221g today and I was denial me and my family
Firstly:Consular:Good morning
Me:morning
CO:you gave me 3 passport and u are 4
Me:yes I had my last child in the state
Co:but u requested for a tourist visa in December 2016 how come u had ur child in 2017
Me:I said I got the visa but I was having complications so I had to stay back in the state to have the child there
Co:but u said u didn’t go for child birth
Me:yes I didn’t go for childbirth
Co:can I see ur doctors zero balance document
Me:I handed over everything to them
Co:ask my hubby what his doing and ask me too what’s my job like
Me I told her bla bla bla abt the job
Co:she said I am not well please about your application
Me:handed me over the yellow paper and stamped my passport with cancel without prejudice

Please what does the cancel without prejudice means and y did she refuse us after showing her all the necessary document and what step can we take again to gain d visa back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:57pm On May 11, 2019
Rite01:
Hello everyone
I want u people to give me advice on what to do now I just went for my 221g today and I was denial me and my family
Firstly:Consular:Good morning
Me:morning
CO:you gave me 3 passport and u are 4
Me:yes I had my last child in the state
Co:but u requested for a tourist visa in December 2016 how come u had ur child in 2017
Me:I said I got the visa but I was having complications so I had to stay back in the state to have the child there
Co:but u said u didn’t go for child birth
Me:yes I didn’t go for childbirth
Co:can I see ur doctors zero balance document
Me:I handed over everything to them
Co:ask my hubby what his doing and ask me too what’s my job like
Me I told her bla bla bla abt the job
Co:she said I am not well please about your application
Me:handed me over the yellow paper and stamped my passport with cancel without prejudice

Please what does the cancel without prejudice means and y did she refuse us after showing her all the necessary document and what step can we take again to gain d visa back

Ask here https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.