Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531220 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ebalu953:
So after waiting standing and sitting from 7:30am till 10:00am, i was finally interviewed at abuja. A white lady.
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning pls pass your passports. Why are u going to the us?
Me: going for vacation for my annual leave
Vo: where do u work?
Me: bleep
Vo: how much do u earn?
Me: 120,000 monthly
Vo: how long did u stay on your last trip
Me: 6weeks
Vo: how come u have so much time to stay off work
Me: i didnt use my leave in 2017 as i had so many official assignments, so i used both in 2018
Vo: who funds your trips?
Me: my husband
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he works at bleep and also owns a hotel
Vo: how long have u been married and do u have kids?
Me: 3yrs. None yet.
Vo: so this time u are spending 2weeks right?
Me: yes
Vo: typing endlessly. If you get pregnant will u love to give birth in the us?
Me: oh well i would love to but then i would have to discuss with my husband on that.
Vo: Am sorry at this time....hands me the blue paper. I didnt hear the rest and honestly didnt want to. I just carried my passport and blue paper and left. Currently eating hot banga, starch and fresh fish �

I found your interview refreshing. You were clear and honest. Genuine travelers are now getting caught in the net... with the US now tightly scrutinizing visa applicants from Nigeria.

The only thought I had was that your monthly income is low - barely $400 per month. Also you’ve traveled to the US three times already and spent 6 weeks the last time. The VOs expect that you use the visa sparingly. Visiting the US too frequently and for long periods suggest you may have stronger ties here than your home country. The cost of traveling to and staying in the US is high... it’s tough to prove you can do this that often on a paycheck that is less than half minimum wage.

What is becoming clear - especially with the suspension of the interview waiver program - is that the days of Nigerians frequently renewing US visas to travel willy nilly as a status symbol are now over.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prettybimbim: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
ViceChief:
Guys i just got this email

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Benin, DHL, Benin, Benin

Pls was it drop box? When did u submit it.

Should I proceed to the collection center or I should give them more time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
123JohnF:

Dear lady, even here in nairaland you are writing in February you were planted an embryo and you are following the fertility treatment.
Are you sure, American embassy doesn't read nairaland when you were saying you are not pregnant? I think if it's not nairaland, VO did see you hiding your pregnancy or did see you are not telling the truth or in your last visit you were observed what were you doing in the states.
So better blame yourself, not me.

hnmmmmmmm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ebalu953:
So after waiting standing and sitting from 7:30am till 10:00am, i was finally interviewed at abuja. A white lady.
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning pls pass your passports. Why are u going to the us?
Me: going for vacation for my annual leave
Vo: where do u work?
Me: bleep
Vo: how much do u earn?
Me: 120,000 monthly
Vo: how long did u stay on your last trip
Me: 6weeks
Vo: how come u have so much time to stay off work
Me: i didnt use my leave in 2017 as i had so many official assignments, so i used both in 2018

Vo: who funds your trips?
Me: my husband
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he works at bleep and also owns a hotel
Vo: how long have u been married and do u have kids?
Me: 3yrs. None yet.
Vo: so this time u are spending 2weeks right?
Vo: typing endlessly. If you get pregnant will u love to give birth in the us?
Me: oh well i would love to but then i would have to discuss with my husband on that.
Vo: Am sorry at this time....hands me the blue paper. I didnt hear the rest and honestly didnt want to. I just carried my passport and blue paper and left. Currently eating hot banga, starch and fresh fish �

At the bolded is the issue.

I dont think any other suggestion is valid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
flourishing247:

Yes, but you can't book an appointment without paying
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:51am On Jun 04, 2019
oluayebenz:

At the bolded is the issue.

[/b]I dont think any other suggestion is valid[b].
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

Dear lady, even here in nairaland you are writing in February you were planted an embryo and you are following the fertility treatment.
Are you sure, American embassy doesn't read nairaland when you were saying you are not pregnant? I think if it's not nairaland, VO did see you hiding your pregnancy or did see you are not telling the truth or in your last visit you were observed what were you doing in the states.

Is there a law on nairaland that states i cant follow other threads? This is very insensitive of you! FBI yes i was but unfortunately it didnt work. And i would never hide a pregnancy for any reason in the world. Never!

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 04, 2019
TWoods:

I found your interview refreshing. You were clear and honest. Genuine travelers are now getting caught in the net... with the US now tightly scrutinizing visa applicants from Nigeria.

The only thought I had was that your monthly income is low - barely $400 per month. Also you’ve traveled to the US three times already and spent 6 weeks the last time. The VOs expect that you use the visa sparingly. Visiting the US too frequently and for long periods suggest you may have stronger ties here than your home country. The cost of traveling to and staying in the US is high... it’s tough to prove you can do this that often on a paycheck that is less than half minimum wage.

What is becoming clear - especially with the suspension of the interview waiver program - is that the days of Nigerians frequently renewing US visas to travel willy nilly as a status symbol are now over.

No i have traveled 3 times since 2013 that s what i mean. Not using one visa 3 times.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by spykid014(f): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

How insensitive can you be? You went to dig up her posts? Na wa!!!

Investigative journalist awon womb-watcher!

I can't read anywhere she blamed anybody for the negative outcome of her interview or maybe I missed the post.

Calm down abeg! it's HER denial, not yours!!!

@Ebalu953 , sorry about your denial. If i were in your shoes, I will apply again.
Whatever you chose to do, I wish you all the best.

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 04, 2019
spykid014:

I can't read anywhere she blamed anybody for the negative outcome of her interview or maybe I missed the post.

@Ebalu953 , sorry about your denial. If i were in your shoes, I will apply again.

See me see wahala o! Lol � @womb watcher. It is well... Thanks alot

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Greatg0809: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2019
This is the only reason why people don’t post transcripts because awon stay at home visa officers won’t let you rest, still they won’t go to the embassy and look for a job as a visa officer. Even some people that travelled once in 2 years might have issues renewing with or without stating birthing nothing is sure again. If u Dnt have anything reasonable to comment go and comment on instablog9ja.

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2019
It is okay. Nor vex again
Greatg0809:
This is the only reason why people don’t post transcripts because awon stay at home visa officers won’t let you rest, still they won’t go to the embassy and look for a job as a visa officer. Even some people that travelled once in 2 years might have issues renewing with or without stating birthing nothing is sure again. If u Dnt have anything reasonable to comment go and comment on instablog9ja.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Greatg0809: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2019
ozymes:
It is okay. Nor vex again
Lol ozzy, I no vexoo,I’m sure if I call you now and tell you who typed this u will laugh tire
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
Call me naaaaa. Because I was shocked at that "ozzy" thing! I come dey feel say village peeps don finally discover me here
Greatg0809:

Lol ozzy, I no vexoo,I’m sure if I call you now and tell you who typed this u will laugh tire
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ebalu953:

Is there a law on nairaland that states i cant follow other threads? This is very insensitive of you! FBI yes i was but unfortunately it didnt work. And i would never hide a pregnancy for any reason in the world. Never!

Sorry for your loss. Baby dust to you.

Please just ignore, I dont want you talking about your loss because no woman likes talking about it. When you are ready to have your rainbow baby, just select b2 medical like i did and apply.

You will surely get your Visa by the grace of God.

I wish you the best.

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayo23us: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
I was at the Abuja embassy too yesterday and got the Visa. These vos are very strict and at any sense of insincerity on the part of applicants, such individuals won't be issued visas. I listened to some interviews while waiting for my turn and heard funny responses from some persons.

The Male vo asked me few questions which I answered. He didn't request for any documents from me.

Vo: I see you have been in the US a couple of times.
Vo: what for and how long did you stay?
Me: in 2013 for a conference and stayed for 6days. In 2014 and 2016 for trainings and spent 7 and 6 days.
Vo: who has been paying for your trips.
Me: I told him.
Vo: what are you going for now?
Me: to attend a conference, present some papers and receive an award.
Vo: he now called my name with the proper prefix and said I will be issuing your Visa. He gave me the white paper and returned my old passports after cancelling the previous Visa.
Me: thank you and left.

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
Greatg0809:

Totally concur with you. Let us keep the transcript coming. That's the gist if this thread. Visa refusal mustn't cause us to be insensitive to each other.

My sincere apologies to you @Ebalu953

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Sorry for your loss. Baby dust to you.

Please just ignore, I dont want you talking about your loss because no woman likes talking about it. When you are ready to have your rainbow baby, just select b2 medical like i did and apply.

You will surely get your Visa by the grace of God.

I wish you the best.

Amen. Thanks alot

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
fkj950ax:

Totally concur with you. Let us keep the transcript coming. That's the gist if this thread. Visa refusal mustn't cause us to be insensitive to each other.

My sincere apologies to you @Ebalu953

Thats fine. Thanks alot. It is well....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
I have a valid B1/B2 visa and i very very recently found out that I'm pregnant again embarassed (1 year and 1 month after my current visa was issued).

Can i attempt to use the visa for birth tourism or should i just stay here and give birth jeje? And i didn't plan to travel at all this year oh!

However, If i travel with the visa and declare at the POE that I'm there to have my baby and ready to pay all my bills and everything, will they cancel my visa and chase me back home?

What do you guys advice?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
spykid014:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who's talking? Somebody who calls himself spykid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:
I have a valid B1/B2 visa and i very very recently found out that I'm pregnant again embarassed (1 year and 1 month after my current visa was issued).

Can i attempt to use the visa for birth tourism or should i just stay here and give birth jeje? And i didn't plan to travel at all this year oh!

However, If i travel with the visa and declare at the POE that I'm there to have my baby and ready to pay all my bills and everything, will they cancel my visa and chase me back home?

What do you guys advice?

Have you used this visa at all for the purpose it was issued or something?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
We were issued for the first time in 2016 and we used it in 2017 for a 4 weeks visit. I got it renewed early last year with the intent of visiting again, but that hasn't happened yet.

We were considering using it this year before it expires, but then i just found out about my condition.

OmoBendel24:

Have you used this visa at all for the purpose it was issued or something?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:

What do you guys advice?
im sorry to say this question is annoying
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
You mean it? Sorry ooo. Nor vex.

Spanishmilf:
im sorry to say this question is annoying

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:

What do you guys advice?

If you did not indicate you would use the visa to have a baby at your previous interviews, then the right thing would be to apply for another visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
TWoods:

If you did not indicate you would use the visa to have a baby at your previous interviews, then the right thing would be to apply for another visa.

Huh... doing that right thing might be a risk that might or might not favor her.

And as you already know most Nigerians don't like taking risk. undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ok.... i asked because i saw a post on the thread about giving birth in the U.S.

I attached the image to this comment, i hope it shows because i don't really know how to do that.

Does the underlined in the image not apply anymore? I assume that those who are not allowed into the country are those who lied about being pregnant at the embassy not those who got preggers months after getting the visa.

I might be wrong though...that's why I'm asking.

TWoods:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:
Ok.... i asked because i saw a post on the thread about giving birth in the U.S.

I attached the image to this comment, i hope it shows because i don't really know how to do that.

Does the underlined in the image not apply anymore? I assume that those who are not allowed into the country are those who lied about being pregnant at the embassy not those who got preggers months after getting the visa.

I might be wrong though...that's why I'm asking.

That advise was provided a while back. Note also that the consular officer says your entry is determined by cbp. Cbp typically has access to your visa interview information... they will certainly know that you only requested the visa to visit, not to give birth. At that point, the choice to let you in or not is up for speculation.

Even if cbp let you in, you’ll have a harder time renewing that visa when it expires. The choice is yours.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Huh... doing that right thing might be a risk that might or might not favor her.

And as you already know most Nigerians don't like taking risk. undecided

Not doing the right thing is why visas are now harder to get today. Nigerians are guilty of mortgaging long term gains for short term pleasures.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Thank you very much...your input was very helpful. I appreciate.

TWoods:

That advise was provided a while back. Note also that the consular officer says your entry is determined by cbp. Cbp typically has access to your visa interview information... they will certainly know that you only requested the visa to visit, not to give birth. At that point, the choice to let you in or not is up for speculation.

Even if cbp let you in, you’ll have a harder time renewing that visa when it expires. The choice is yours.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
spykid014:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who's talking? Somebody who calls himself spykid.

I was giving her a good advice to stop talking about her wish to be pregnant here or any place online. She said she had the impression the decision to deny was already made before her interview and it is true, usually it's a decision before you come to talk. And this lady made mistakes.

1. traveling frequently and probably looking at where to give birth in the states, she was observed, specially in her 3rd trip.
2. talking here in NairaLand about her wish to be pregnant, any online talk for US embassy it's easy to see.

So before she came to the interview, her history, her travels and her doing online and in US was on the computer screen and the denial was pending. That's why she was asked about pregnancy and giving birth.

But when you guys here are told the truth and a wise person learns from mistakes, here is not, all you expect is to tell her, oh, I am so sorry you were denied, try again, you will get it next time, blah-blah all nice, saying nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.