Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531457 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:
I have a valid B1/B2 visa and i very very recently found out that I'm pregnant again embarassed (1 year and 1 month after my current visa was issued).

Can i attempt to use the visa for birth tourism or should i just stay here and give birth jeje? And i didn't plan to travel at all this year oh!

However, If i travel with the visa and declare at the POE that I'm there to have my baby and ready to pay all my bills and everything, will they cancel my visa and chase me back home?

What do you guys advice?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
123JohnF:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who's talking? Somebody who calls himself spykid.

I was giving her a good advice to stop talking about her wish to be pregnant here or any place online. She said she had the impression the decision to deny was already made before her interview and it is true, usually it's a decision before you come to talk. And this lady made mistakes.

1. traveling frequently and probably looking at where to give birth in the states, she was observed, specially in her 3rd trip.
2. talking here in NairaLand about her wish to be pregnant, any online talk for US embassy it's easy to see.

So before she came to the interview, her history, her travels and her doing online and in US was on the computer screen and the denial was pending. That's why she was asked about pregnancy and giving birth.

But when you guys here are told the truth and a wise person learns from mistakes, here is not, all you expect is to tell her, oh, I am so sorry you were denied, try again, you will get it next time, blah-blah all nice, saying nothing.

Dont say what you dont know. Do you call travelling to the usa only 3 times since 2013 frequently? I have travelled to the uk and eu much more than that not just the usa. You are such an irrational human being and this is the last time i would reply you. the only mistake i made was coming back to nairaland to give feedback on my visa. it is well....

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
TWoods:

That advise was provided a while back. Note also that the consular officer says your entry is determined by cbp. Cbp typically has access to your visa interview information... they will certainly know that you only requested the visa to visit, not to give birth. At that point, the choice to let you in or not is up for speculation.

Even if cbp let you in, you’ll have a harder time renewing that visa when it expires. The choice is yours.
she is on tourist visa and her intention is to give birth................ It attracts temporary ban and it f@cking dangerous
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ebalu953:

Dont say what you dont know. Do you call travelling to the usa only 3 times since 2013 frequently? I have travelled to the uk and eu much more than that not just the usa. You are such an irrational human being and this is the last time i would reply you. the only mistake i made was coming back to nairaland to give feedback on my visa. it is well....
just ignore him
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ebalu953:

Blah-Blah-Blah and you will not travel to US anymore, keep talking like that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
JohnQueen:
I hope the John in your moniker is just a moniker cos gaskiya you daft die. What's the point in trying to make her feel bad after the rejection?
Same to you multiplied by thousands.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
B1/B2 visa.

Spanishmilf:
she is on tourist visa and her intention is to give birth................ It attracts temporary ban and it f@cking dangerous
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
I am all for bitter truth and tough love, but you sure did cross the line to extreme insensitivity. You either be the bigger person and apologise for this foolishness or you just stop responding to all these comments about it cos it doesn't tell well of you and you are 200% wrong.

123JohnF:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by giselle237: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
OMG! Assistant Jesus!!... Angel Michael in waiting.

123JohnF:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:
We were issued for the first time in 2016 and we used it in 2017 for a 4 weeks visit. I got it renewed early last year with the intent of visiting again, but that hasn't happened yet.

We were considering using it this year before it expires, but then i just found out about my condition.

Okay

PinkSunset:
B1/B2 visa.

BIRTHING IN THE US ISN'T A CRIME TILL RIGHT NOW! BUT....

The visa you have actually allows you to birth in the US. But then, the tides aren't favorable right now at all! If you had gone ahead all these while after the renewal to visit the US and come back, the fears would have reduced drastically. But you haven't used the visa yet, it can be assumed easily these days that you got the visa deliberately for this future birthing purpose and that that's why you haven't used it.

Long story short, you may have your way with CBP, especially if you arrive the POE really "dollarized" with birthing services estimate exceeding say as much as $15k (can't advice less right now) and actually spent, but the embassy at renewal may prove a very hard nut to crack, I mean very hard nut, because of the bolded part above. That's the dilemma.

Why not prepare your solid burden of proof and go for another interview specifically to inform them of your plans? Don't even dare sending them that yeye CHANGE OF INTENT LETTER sha oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ok..thank you so much.

OmoBendel24:

BIRTHING IN THE US ISN'T A CRIME TILL RIGHT NOW! BUT....

The visa you have actually allows you to birth in the US. But then, the tides aren't favorable right now at all! If you had gone ahead all these while after the renewal to visit the US and come back, the fears would have reduced drastically. But you haven't used the visa yet, it can be assumed easily these days that you got the visa deliberately for this future birthing purpose and that that's why you haven't used it.

Long story short, you may have your way with CBP, especially if you arrive the POE really "dollarized" with birthing services estimate exceeding say as much as $15k (can't advice less right now) and actually spent, but the embassy at renewal may prove a very hard nut to cracks, I mean very hard nut, because of the bolded part above. That's the dilemma.

Why not prepare your solid burden of proof and go for another interview specifically to inform them of your plans? Don't even dare sending them that yeye CHANGE OF INTENT LETTER sha oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
PinkSunset:
I have a valid B1/B2 visa and i very very recently found out that I'm pregnant again embarassed (1 year and 1 month after my current visa was issued).

Can i attempt to use the visa for birth tourism or should i just stay here and give birth jeje? And i didn't plan to travel at all this year oh!

However, If i travel with the visa and declare at the POE that I'm there to have my baby and ready to pay all my bills and everything, will they cancel my visa and chase me back home?

What do you guys advice?

First of all congrats! The best advice i would give from what i observed recently at the embassy, just travel first for what the visa was issued to you for. Then you can now apply for birthing visa with your necessary documents. 2nd option is to book an appointment at the embassy and make your intentions known (this you have to start asap as appointment dates are not close again). DONOT send any email to inform them as that is invalid and pls don't try using your visit visa for birthing because even though you succeed with that, you wont be able to renew your visa. People are now being banned for that. I wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
seyewest:

No need to fill it, U.S Embassy will be informed that you don't need to fill any form just the invitation letter.
Nawa for us oooo
Hahahahaha! Ewo o!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 12:24am On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

The visa you have actually allows you to birth in the US.

This needs nuance. Yes a B1/B2 visa is what you get if you apply to go to the US for birthing, but your visa is conditional on the specific reason you requested it for and why it was approved. For a long time the US had allowed folks to obtain a visit visa and do what they wanted with it. Now they are getting more stringent... this perhaps explains why Nigerians are not eligible for the drop box anymore.

I give you an example: an H1b visa allows you to work in the US, but it does not entitle you to work for anyone as you wish.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2019
TWoods:

This needs nuance. Yes a B1/B2 visa is what you get if you apply to go to the US for birthing, but your visa is conditional on the specific reason you requested it for and why it was approved. For a long time the US had allowed folks to obtain a visit visa and do what they wanted with it. Now they are getting more stringent... this perhaps explains why Nigerians are not eligible for the drop box anymore.

I give you an example: an H1b visa allows you to work in the US, but it does not entitle you to work for anyone as you wish.

If as at today I'm not pregnant, and I attend a visa interview today and a B1/B2 Visa is issued me for the purpose of visiting family and I use it for that purpose and come back to Naija and maybe even use same visa by next year Easter (or not), then I get pregnant in a year from now sir, are you saying I cannot use that visa for birthing in the US say in 2021 all things being equal?

Such usage I believe is in order and principally fall within the purview of the CBP to handle and have it noted in the system for tomorrow's use and consultation by whomever has reason to. There's yet no where it is stated as a policy that a B1/B2 Visa throughout its validity period can only cover for the exact purpose it was issued, I haven't seen.

As long as I first use it for the purpose it was issued, I can go back and use it for other purposes it covers, e.g to attend a conference, a business meeting, to birth, etc without worries. Unless I was asked during the interview if I will birth with the visa and I said NO or maybe I was expressly told/warned not to use it for birthing, that is only when I won't dare, because clearly the implications are grave!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

If as at today I'm not pregnant, and I attend a visa interview today and a B1/B2 Visa is issued me for the purpose of visiting family and I use it for that purpose and come back to Naija and maybe even use same visa by next year Easter (or not), then I get pregnant in a year from now sir, are you saying I cannot use that visa for birthing in the US say in 2021 all things being equal?

Such usage I believe is in order and principally fall within the purview of the CBP to handle and have it noted in the system for tomorrow's use and consultation by whomever has reason to.

You may scale through with the CBP but renewal will be a problem. 2 women were in same situation as at Monday when i had my interview. They were not even given the opportunity to explain in details, they were refused the visa. Its always advisable to use the visa for its main purpose then book an interview specifically for birthing purpose.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:58am On Jun 05, 2019
Ebalu953:

You may scale through with the CBP but renewal will be a problem. 2 women were in same situation as at Monday when i had my interview. They were not even given the opportunity to explain in details, they were refused the visa. Its always advisable to use the visa for its main purpose then book an interview specifically for birthing purpose.

Kindly see the latter part of my post please.

I understand the booking an interview specifically for birthing purpose part however. But I can treat the scenario above differently, ensure I don't take crazy discount, every US State got an average birthing cost, will ensure I pay that much or at least 75% of it, I won't be afraid of the embassy at renewal thereafter....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Kindly see the latter part of my post please.

I understand the booking an interview specifically for birthing purpose part however. But I can treat the scenario above differently, ensure I don't take crazy discount, every US State got an average birthing cost, will ensure I pay that much or at least 75% of it, I won't be afraid of the embassy at renewal thereafter....

My dear even at that. They just want you to inform them in person. Well its only a suggestion and what i saw at the embassy. If you want to take the risk, its up to you. Any decision you take, i wish you all the best!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Such usage I believe is in order and principally fall within the purview of the CBP to handle and have it noted in the system for tomorrow's use and consultation by whomever has reason to. There's yet no where it is stated as a policy that a B1/B2 Visa throughout its validity period can only cover for the exact purpose it was issued, I haven't seen.

As long as I first use it for the purpose it was issued, I can go back and use it for other purposes it covers, e.g to attend a conference, a business meeting, to birth, etc without worries. Unless I was asked during the interview if I will birth with the visa and I said NO or maybe I was expressly told/warned not to use it for birthing, that is only when I won't dare, because clearly the implications are grave!

You're right but the problem is that we(Nigerians) can never be right in the eyes of the VOs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

You’re right in theory. The problem is that you’re not dealing with just you. You’re dealing with a consulate that views Nigerians, as a whole, as using visit visas to birth while avoiding having to show proof of being financially capable. As I keep saying... there is a reason the drop box option is no longer available for Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
TWoods:

You’re right in theory. The problem is that you’re not dealing with just you. You’re dealing with a consulate that views Nigerians, as a whole, as using visit visas to birth while avoiding having to show proof of being financially capable. As I keep saying... there is a reason the drop box option is no longer available for Nigerians

More a function of the overstay than of birthing. I even suspect a large percentage of overstayers in recent times come from the ranks of Dropbox applicants, I may be wrong altogether though.

I insist still that the scenario described by me earlier on can not just yet be a wrong usage of visa, till officially made a policy. Are Nigerians the only people birthing in the US? It is when you go for an overly discounted service they are having issues with. As long as you first use the visa for its original purpose of issuance, you were not expressly told not to use the visa for birthing during interview, and you also didn't deceive them about pregnancy and birthing in the US during interview, and you didn't do same with CBP and you end up paying what is deemed appropriate for service rendered, I don't think that person is yet on the wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
seyewest:

You're right but the problem is that we(Nigerians) can never be right in the eyes of the VOs.

Understood....

But people are still being issued visa for birthing till now, and some are among those that birthed in the US previously that either went the Dropbox route but where called in for an interview or of their own accord ignored Dropbox route and turned themselves in/up for interview. How are they getting the visa now? They did things right on their previous US birthing mostly!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

More a function of the overstay than of birthing. I even suspect a large percentage of overstayers in recent times come from the ranks of Dropbox applicants, I may be wrong altogether though.

I insist still that the scenario described by me earlier on can not just yet be a wrong usage of visa, till officially made a policy. Are Nigerians the only people birthing in the US? It is when you go for an overly discounted service they are having issues with. As long as you first use the visa for its original purpose of issuance, you were not expressly told not to use the visa for birthing during interview, and you also didn't deceive them about pregnancy and birthing in the US during interview, and you didn't do same with CBP and you end up paying what is deemed appropriate for service rendered, I don't think that person is yet on the wrong.

That's the problem. How do they know you are financially capable when you simply get a visit visa and then use it to birth? You and i know that Nigerians would use this method to avoid interviews for a birthing visa. Lets not kid ourselves.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Understood....

But people are still being issued visa for birthing till now, and some are among those that birthed in the US previously that either went the Dropbox route but where called in for an interview or of their own accord ignored Dropbox route and turned themselves in/up for interview. How are they getting the visa now? They did things right on their previous US birthing mostly!

Okay, unless we're in denial it is obvious that about 99% of Nigerian women that are still within the child-bearing age already had the intentions of using the US visiting visa to eventually use it to give birth in the US.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
TWoods:

That's the problem. How do they know you are financially capable when you simply get a visit visa and then use it to birth? You and i know that Nigerians would use this method to avoid interviews for a birthing visa. Lets not kid ourselves.

Yes, I get.

But then, won't the bills paid for the birthing speak for themselves? Can we Nigerians also manipulate that? We can guess the number of Americans that can out of pocket pay $15-20k for birthing without complications? If we Nigerians do, that one no still fit satisfy una? If it doesn't, then it invariably means the citizenship obtained is the real problem! Why not expunged birth tourism entirely, at least officially remove it from the B2 Visa category. Until that loophole is blocked, we seem then to be joking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Okay, unless we're in denial it is obvious that about 99% of Nigerian women that are still within the child-bearing age already had the intentions of using the US visiting visa to eventually use it to give birth in the US.

Not at all in denial, and that too doesn't mean the assumption is right, considering the percentage so quoted. I have a couple of friends that can easily foot birthing bills, but they surprisingly tag it waste of resources. They only go to the US on holidays!

The Department or at least the US Embassy in Nigeria should come out openly on their page like they did the Dropbox and do same with birthing if at all possible (easier said than done, I know too, but....).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Yes, I get.

But then, won't the bills paid for the birthing speak for themselves? Can we Nigerians also manipulate that? We can guess the number of Americans that can out of pocket pay $15-20k for birthing without complications? If we Nigerians do, that one no still fit satisfy una? If it doesn't, then it invariably means the citizenship obtained is the real problem! Why not expunged birth tourism entirely, at least officially remove it from the B2 Visa category. Until that loophole is blocked, we seem then to be joking.

Unfortunately, that might be very hard to do.

As you know most Nigerian women will still sneak in and lie to have their babies in the US.

The only thing that might reduce the number of Nigerian women giving birth in the US on their visiting visas is when US citizenship by just US soil is eradicated or stopped just as the it's done in most European countries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Yes, I get.

How do you get to vet the bills if everyone simply circumvents the interview process by either using the Dropbox or claiming to be going on a visit? Let’s be frank, when it comes to Nigerians, you’re not dealing with a people you can trust to always do the right thing.

Most Americans won’t pay $15-$20k cash for birthing. But that’s because there is an insurance system in place and most of those hospitals are subsidized or supported by taxpayers so the average American already pays that much anyway. If Nigerians have that much money they should invest it in their own healthcare system

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
TWoods:

How do you get to vet the bills if everyone simply circumvents the interview process by either using the Dropbox or claiming to be going on a visit? Let’s be frank, when it comes to Nigerians, you’re not dealing with a people you can trust to always do the right thing.

Most Americans won’t pay $15-$20k cash for birthing. But that’s because there is an insurance system in place and most of those hospitals are subsidized or supported by taxpayers so the average American already pays that much anyway. If Nigerians have that much money they should invest it in their own healthcare system

lol!...Yes, however, most Nigerians are willing to spend all that money not necessary for better healthcare...they are doing it for the instant US citizenship.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
Statistics. Dropbox stopped for Nigeria by automatic US government order once statistics show how many Nigerian lied, overstayed and misused American visas, it includes, tourists not coming back, anchor babies mamas, students staying illegal, etc. Too many Nigerians violated US visas terms, now all country is paying for it with so many denials. The embassy just follows government orders to reduce the quantity of approved visas. Also obligatory interview gives the opportunity to Consular Officers to see the face and lies and to get more information on each applicant into computer system. More background check.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.