Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529192 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
ifyalways:
Omo, some friends of mine just got denied visas.

Profile :
Couple, retired from multinational establishments.
Children and grands all live in UK and Ireland
Over 50 years travel history. Their first US visas (they were both single then) was in the 70's.
They currently hold 10 years UK visas respectively amongst others.

To say I'm shocked is an understatement fa shocked
Not their fault. The embassy has a limited number of visas, they just deny when they see too many applications.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
123JohnF:

Not their fault. The embassy has a limited number of visas, they just deny when they see too many applications.

huh...Are you serious

And you know this because you're one of the US VO's ...SMH!

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nersh: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
This man needs to be banned from this forum. You are becoming ridiculous.
123JohnF:

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rimini: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
ifyalways:

Profile :
Over 50 years travel history. Their first US visas (they were both single then) was in the 70's.

Did you ask for the transcript, if you did, please share..
Oh and was it the usual "not enough ties to home country", also did they use an agent?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teshoma111: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
Wow.

ifyalways:

Profile :

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by RealityShot: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mod "justwise",
thank you for deleting those randy posts. I apologise.
however, some people need to know its not every time one takes BS.
And not all Nigerians want to visit "Their" USA. Mtcheww!
Australia, singapore, new zealand, japan, even NAMIBIA have better holiday resorts than them.

United States of Aba!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

huh...Are you serious

And you know this because you're one of the US VO's ...SMH!
don't quote him again leave him alone..... You are savage ooh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ifyalways(f): 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
Rimini:

Did you ask for the transcript, if you did, please share..
Oh and was it the usual "not enough ties to home country", also did they use an agent?
At that age and traveling history, using agents is not an option. One of their kids did everything.

The denial was generic "you are ineligible now yada yada". I still don't believe it. They've both held 2 previous US visas( first as students, the old type of visa and the last us visa was in early 2000) They never bothered to renew the last US visa but have been traveling thrice yearly to everywhere but US for the past 20 years.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rimini: 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
ifyalways:

At that age and traveling history, using agents is not an option. One of their kids did everything.

The denial was generic "you are ineligible now yada yada". I still don't believe it. They've both held 2 previous US visas( first as students, the old type of visa and the last us visa was in early 2000) They never bothered to renew the last US visa but have been traveling thrice yearly to everywhere but US for the past 20 years.

I heard they're usually more lenient towards elders. This is sad really.
The issue of overstaying is actually a big deal too...

Another thing is what's on the ds-160 form. If you're sure they really knew everything that was put on the form and the interview wasn't terrible, then the consular was quite unfair, but then again, you don't know what exactly transpired

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stevewale(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
Chimezirim1:
who else is experiencing "There are currently no appointments available" when making a b1/b2 application and trying to schedule a date?

For over 2 weeks now! You guys should help please.

Seems you're trying to apply again in less than 6 months from the last interview you had (that's if you attended interview earlier before now)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stevewale(m): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
ifyalways:

Profile :

All of these stuffs you listed here doesn't count anymore nor guarantee a visa sad

My friend's dad who's base in UK (a UK resident) who wants to confirm for his daughter's graduation was denied visa there in UK ... sad

It's so sad that our people messed up the whole b1/b2 visa process

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
stevewale:

All of these stuffs you listed here doesn't count anymore nor guarantee a visa sad

My friend's dad who's base in UK (a UK resident) who wants to confirm for his daughter's graduation was denied visa there in UK ... sad

Correct.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
How did our people mess up the whole stuff even for an individual who wants to attend his daughter'sgrafuation? Please explain?
stevewale:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obviously(f): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
OmoBendel24:

What else would you do about @the bolded? With visa even acquired together? Grave implications and consequences ahead I believe! Whatever you do about it herefrom, let us know how it pans out.

ok I will if I decide to continue with the process
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obviously(f): 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
seyewest:

If he/she was not asked no need to tell...

ok. thanks. very helpful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obviously(f): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
123JohnF:

I guess in your visa application you need to answer a question, do you have any family member in US? He/she is your sibling, you need to write his/her name. No need to explain about his/her overstay but if you are asked in the interview, you need to tell the truth.

thanks alot. very helpful

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
I want to talk about my experience at the embassy. Ignore any typos

1. If you are planning to migrate with non immigrant visa, forget it. That's not gonna happen.

2. If you are trying to apply based on trial luck, please don't bother. Save your money and use it to chop shawarma!!!!

3. If you are planning to use and agent, it means you have money to throw away cos you are not getting the visa!!!!

4. If you decide to use an agent and he doesn't carry you along in the application process. Forget it pink slip is your portion.

5. If you have been applying and somehow you write different things on your application each time. It takes just 2mins to reject you.

6. If you are applying for a student visa and you've gotten admission in a backyard University in the US. Forget it.

7. If you claim what you are not and you can't defend yourself. Sorry is your name.

8. NEVER LIE ON YOUR APPLICATION!!!

9.IF YOU HAVE A SIBLING IN THE US AND THEY TRAVELLED ILLEGALLY BUT SOMEHOW HAVE BECOME CITIZEN. PLEASE ASK THEM TO FILE FO YOU. FORGET ABOUT NON IMMIGRANT VISA.

10. CONSISTENCY IS VERY IMPORTANT!!

11. If you've had a baby in the US , better prepare your documents. Be ready to defend everything!!!!

I'm not an agent of discouragement but what I saw on Tues was something else.

I went to get fresh visas since it expired. All my life history at the embassy was tabled before me. I got it after some question and answer. Pink slip was flying all over the place. It was heartbreaking. I will ask my friend that went today for her experience too. Her family was issued too.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
One more thing. Stick to the information on your DS160 form. If you say your holiday is 2weeks, you better stick to it to avoid stories during renewal. They are not smiling anymore
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:03am On Jun 14, 2019
flourishing247:

1. If you are planning to migrate with non immigrant visa, forget it. That's not gonna happen.

2. If you are trying to apply based on trial luck, please don't bother. Save your money and use it to chop shawarma!!!!

3. If you are planning to use and agent, it means you have money to throw away cos you are not getting the visa!!!!

4. If you decide to use an agent and he doesn't carry you along in the application process. Forget it pink slip is your portion.

5. If you have been applying and somehow you write different things on your application each time. It takes just 2mins to reject you.

6. If you are applying for a student visa and you've gotten admission in a backyard University in the US. Forget it.

7. If you claim what you are not and you can't defend yourself. Sorry is your name.

9.[/b]IF YOU HAVE A SIBLING IN THE US AND THEY TRAVELLED ILLEGALLY BUT SOMEHOW HAVE BECOME CITIZEN. PLEASE ASK THEM TO FILE FO YOU. FORGET ABOUT NON IMMIGRANT VISA.[b]

11. If you've had a baby in the US , better prepare your documents. Be ready to defend everything!!!!

I went to get fresh visas since it expired. All my life history at the embassy was tabled before me. I got it after some question and answer. Pink slip was flying all over the place. It was heartbreaking. I will ask my friend that went today for her experience too. Her family was issued too.

if a sister file for his brother It takes roughly 10years can you wait?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:55am On Jun 14, 2019
Spanishmilf:
if a sister file for his brother It takes roughly 10years can you wait?

SMH.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 3:39am On Jun 14, 2019
seyewest:

If he/she was not asked no need to tell...

But that question is already in the DS160. What’s she gonna do about answering it? And if she says YES the implications are there staring at us, if she says NO it invariably means she’s misrepresenting and that’s grave too. See? And are we expecting that question not to come up during the interview also? That would be awesome....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:04am On Jun 14, 2019
flourishing247:

9.IF YOU HAVE A SIBLING IN THE US AND THEY TRAVELLED ILLEGALLY BUT SOMEHOW HAVE BECOME CITIZEN. PLEASE ASK THEM TO FILE FO YOU. FORGET ABOUT NON IMMIGRANT VISA.

A couple of good advice up there.

Congratulations to you! Your transcript and an attempt to say something about the bolded may be necessary, or what do you think? Let’s at least feel the temperature per how far they now go....

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chimezirim1: 4:22am On Jun 14, 2019
stevewale:

Seems you're trying to apply again in less than 6 months from the last interview you had (that's if you attended interview earlier before now)

No nothing of that sort. My visa expired last yr November. I completed the drop box service and was about to submit the same day it was cancelled. After it was cancelled, I was adviced to email them to unlock the visa fee reciept I had already used to secure interview waiver.

It was unlocked and now I’m trying to get an interview date, only to be greeted with the message “there are currently no appointments available” over and over.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:15am On Jun 14, 2019
seyewest:

SMH.... lipsrsealed
grin I don't support visa misuse but can some people wait for 10 years?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:45am On Jun 14, 2019
flourishing247:

Transcript MIA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:57am On Jun 14, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Congratulations to you! Your transcript and an attempt to say something about the bolded may be necessary, or what do you think? Let’s at least feel the temperature per how far they now go....

She asked questions about the first time I applied for visa in 2000. Asked me questions concerning a trip in 2016. I stayed 4months. I told her why. She asked if the embassy was aware I was staying that long. She also asked how long I will stay on this trip.

I will get my friends own today. Hers was a more tough interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2019
123JohnF:

Wetin be all this now? How can you say this? This is a serious thread please let us be guided.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2019
ysteph:
How did our people mess up the whole stuff even for an individual who wants to attend his daughter'sgrafuation? Please explain?

cheesy grin wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2019
OmoBendel24:

But that question is already in the DS160. What’s she gonna do about answering it? And if she says YES the implications are there staring at us, if she says NO it invariably means she’s misrepresenting and that’s grave too. See? And are we expecting that question not to come up during the interview also? That would be awesome....

I'm talking about relatives not close relatives...

The relative is a yes or no answer on the form, if you choose yes and they did not ask about the relative during interview why will you want to bring it up with the VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Yes I will like that as well and it will be refreshing.

N.B Seen.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2019
My friends experience yesterday. She was grilled for close to 20mins by an African American Lady.

She went to renew expired visa for her children. She was asked why they wanted to travel. She answered. Please note that 90% of her family stays in the US. They all travelled legally. She said the VO ignored them and typed, typed and typed. She was basically looking at all her records. She questioned her on EVERY visit and also questioned her about duration. She answered her truthfully. The interview lasted almost 20mins. She said the VO kept typing and typing with a few questions when she pulls up an information. We just concluded that she was searching to know if she gave birth in the US.. Finally she approved it. We were so happy with our victories. We interviewed same week and all approved. Bottom line NEVER lie and be consistent.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2019
flourishing247:
My friends experience yesterday. She was grilled for close to 20mins by an African American Lady.

She went to renew expired visa for her children. She was asked why they wanted to travel. She answered. Please note that 90% of her family stays in the US. They all travelled legally. She said the VO ignored them and typed, typed and typed. She was basically looking at all her records. She questioned her on EVERY visit and also questioned her about duration. She answered her truthfully. The interview lasted almost 20mins. She said the VO kept typing and typing with a few questions when she pulls up an information. We just concluded that she was searching to know if she gave birth in the US.. Finally she approved it. We were so happy with our victories. We interviewed same week and all approved. Bottom line NEVER lie and be consistent.

They're not joking anymore, it's strictly based on merit now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.