Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu (28906 Views)

Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not / Obaseki: I’ll Contest Edo Governorship Election On APC Platform / Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
rummmy:
i don't even have time for low lives and half baked fellows...transformer is near by incase
Lol. Why not hug it? Who call you come my post? Take it easy with that depression. It can kill, my dear sister.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by contigiency(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2019
I support Orji Uzo Kalu kpomkwem.

3 Likes

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
Qsscruz:

Mad man quit whatever that you have been smoking...
Lol. Here comes one of them
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by rummmy: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

I hope you don't expect any development and projects also.

You guys don't get something. Zoning isn't constitutional, it is discretionary. That's why people work hard so that they stand better chances.

Play politics like others and stop fighting everyone. If we talk now, they'll say we're efulefu and Igbo saboteurs.
was there projects in our region from fg in the first place, please name them.. More over, the igbos that worked for the party should be compensated like others... Orji deserve it, Rocha's deserve it or are you saying they are not from SE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by harryportter: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
iphedhayhor:
By Shola Adekola - Lagos On Mar 27, 2019

As intrigues and counter-intrigues continue amongst members of the National Assembly over the sharing of positions in the coming ninth Assembly, the Senator-Elect for Abia North Senatorial District, Orji Uzor Kalu on Wednesday declared that he would vie for the Senate President should the All Progressives Congress (APC) does not zone the deputy Senate President seat to South-East zone.

Kalu said the federal government cannot afford to edge out the South Eastern part of the country out of distribution of positions in the new dispensation.

Kalu while speaking with some journalists at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport yesterday, insisted that since the position of the Senate President (SP) had been allocated to the North West that the South East cannot settle for less than the Deputy Senate President (DSP) position.

According to Kalu, as a Senator representing a zone from South East, nothing will stop him from running for the position of the deputy senate president openly on the floor of the Senate.

“I want to respect the party’s wish on the Senate Presidency and the second position is what we are not going to allow to leave the South East. So as far as am concerned, in the South East, I am going to run openly on the floor of the House as Deputy Senate President. I am not going to listen to anybody. Nobody who is going to be the Deputy Senate President is more loyal than I am to the party.

“I learnt they ceded the DSP to the North West, but it is not right to do anything like that. We are going to contest this vehemently on the floor of the house. I have the backing of my colleagues. I am going to be withdrawing from the Senate Presidency to run for DSP because the party is supreme. Whether they gave it to an individual that is left for the party at the national assembly to decide, but for the DSP, I will contest with any candidate on the floor of the house.

“I know our Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is a listening Chairman and President Muhammadu Buhari is a man of justice. So, if justice must prevail, you bring the Senate President from the North East and DSP from the South East. The chairman is from the South-South, the President is from the North West, the Vice President is from South West, the President of Senate will come from the North East, whether it’s Lawan or Ndume, these people will decide that on the floor of the House.

“So, for me, Nigeria is tripod; Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa. So, we are going to get the DSP and I will fight on the floor of the House like no other person has fought. This is not challenging the party, rather, this is looking for justice.

“Buhari said he will be addressing issues of injustice. This is part of the issues. You cannot tell us to go and be Chief Whip. I don’t have a whip to whip anybody. So, we will be very willing to add values to the nation. I am loyal to the people, I am loyal to Nigeria, which is important. I am not going to be loyal to individuals. You don’t build loyalty to a section of people or individuals.

Vowing to contest the Senate president position if the position of the deputy senate presidency is not zoned to the South East, Kalu declared: “I believe there is a co-existence between the religious people. So, I am not going to be DSP for anybody. Otherwise, if they don’t listen, I will also contest for the Senate President on the floor of the House. I will join the race because it is going to be a shopping matter. I can shop than any other person they are putting there. I have the capacity and capability to shop because the whole thing will be shopping on the floor of the House. If the party continues this way, I will run for the SP.

“Positions are part of representations. I am saying if we have DSP, it gives a sense of belonging to everybody. I am not saying I am representing a section. If they go to a meeting, you have the President, Vice President, Senate President and Deputy Senate President but you don’t have anybody to represent the South East. That is unfair and that is what I am saying.

“I am not a tribalist, but someone who is fair. I want justice. If the party doesn’t want a crack, they should zone it properly through the geopolitical zones of the country. A man who has taken the presidency is not supposed to take the Deputy Senate President.

“We are not going to quarrel, but we will sort it out. We are not going to vote PDP, you should be rest assured of that. We are going to vote for APC members for SP and DSP. I have friends everywhere. It will be a shopping matter. I have over 56 Senators on my radar who have already signed for me for either SP or DSP. They believe in equity.”

SOURCE: https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198828/
ITS LIKE THIS GUY HAS FORGOTTEN THAT HE STILL HAS A CASE TO SETTLE WITH EFCC.WELL I TRUST BUBU TO DO THE NEEDFUL.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by rummmy: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Stop mentioning SW.
What SW has at the moment is the highest seat an Igbo man has achieved.

Obasanjo
Shonekan
Diya
Osinbajo

All from a single state a d you're talking about the entire SW?
add ironsi and zik

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by igwefivestar(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
iphedhayhor:
By Shola Adekola - Lagos On Mar 27, 2019

As intrigues and counter-intrigues continue amongst members of the National Assembly over the sharing of positions in the coming ninth Assembly, the Senator-Elect for Abia North Senatorial District, Orji Uzor Kalu on Wednesday declared that he would vie for the Senate President should the All Progressives Congress (APC) does not zone the deputy Senate President seat to South-East zone.

Kalu said the federal government cannot afford to edge out the South Eastern part of the country out of distribution of positions in the new dispensation.

Kalu while speaking with some journalists at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport yesterday, insisted that since the position of the Senate President (SP) had been allocated to the North West that the South East cannot settle for less than the Deputy Senate President (DSP) position.

According to Kalu, as a Senator representing a zone from South East, nothing will stop him from running for the position of the deputy senate president openly on the floor of the Senate.

“I want to respect the party’s wish on the Senate Presidency and the second position is what we are not going to allow to leave the South East. So as far as am concerned, in the South East, I am going to run openly on the floor of the House as Deputy Senate President. I am not going to listen to anybody. Nobody who is going to be the Deputy Senate President is more loyal than I am to the party.

“I learnt they ceded the DSP to the North West, but it is not right to do anything like that. We are going to contest this vehemently on the floor of the house. I have the backing of my colleagues. I am going to be withdrawing from the Senate Presidency to run for DSP because the party is supreme. Whether they gave it to an individual that is left for the party at the national assembly to decide, but for the DSP, I will contest with any candidate on the floor of the house.

“I know our Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is a listening Chairman and President Muhammadu Buhari is a man of justice. So, if justice must prevail, you bring the Senate President from the North East and DSP from the South East. The chairman is from the South-South, the President is from the North West, the Vice President is from South West, the President of Senate will come from the North East, whether it’s Lawan or Ndume, these people will decide that on the floor of the House.

“So, for me, Nigeria is tripod; Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa. So, we are going to get the DSP and I will fight on the floor of the House like no other person has fought. This is not challenging the party, rather, this is looking for justice.

“Buhari said he will be addressing issues of injustice. This is part of the issues. You cannot tell us to go and be Chief Whip. I don’t have a whip to whip anybody. So, we will be very willing to add values to the nation. I am loyal to the people, I am loyal to Nigeria, which is important. I am not going to be loyal to individuals. You don’t build loyalty to a section of people or individuals.

Vowing to contest the Senate president position if the position of the deputy senate presidency is not zoned to the South East, Kalu declared: “I believe there is a co-existence between the religious people. So, I am not going to be DSP for anybody. Otherwise, if they don’t listen, I will also contest for the Senate President on the floor of the House. I will join the race because it is going to be a shopping matter. I can shop than any other person they are putting there. I have the capacity and capability to shop because the whole thing will be shopping on the floor of the House. If the party continues this way, I will run for the SP.

“Positions are part of representations. I am saying if we have DSP, it gives a sense of belonging to everybody. I am not saying I am representing a section. If they go to a meeting, you have the President, Vice President, Senate President and Deputy Senate President but you don’t have anybody to represent the South East. That is unfair and that is what I am saying.

“I am not a tribalist, but someone who is fair. I want justice. If the party doesn’t want a crack, they should zone it properly through the geopolitical zones of the country. A man who has taken the presidency is not supposed to take the Deputy Senate President.

“We are not going to quarrel, but we will sort it out. We are not going to vote PDP, you should be rest assured of that. We are going to vote for APC members for SP and DSP. I have friends everywhere. It will be a shopping matter. I have over 56 Senators on my radar who have already signed for me for either SP or DSP. They believe in equity.”

SOURCE: https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198828/
APC won't put their house in order, after zombies will come here and blame Saraki and PDP for their failure.

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Chimaokigwe: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
rummmy:
was there projects in our region from fg in the first place, please name them.. More over, the igbos that worked for the party should be compensated like others... Orji deserve it, Rocha's deserve it or are you saying they are not from SE

No projects and the SE has slaved for the Pdp for 20 years. Now, with all SE Governors in the Pdp, we want an APC federal seat?

Orji deserves it, Yes.
Rochas deserves it, hell yeah.
Ngige? Yeah.

The problem that those positions are usually given to regions in which the ruling party is strong. They won't dash a region which directly worked against APC.

In 2011, what did GEJ give the SW?
Minister of Agriculture.
Did Yorubas not work for Gej?

That same thing would likely happen to the SE now.

3 Likes

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Chimaokigwe: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
rummmy:
add ironsi and zik

Good.
Means Igbos have led this country and the noise of marginalisation is unfounded.

2 Likes

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by gabbytabby: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
For Senate President they need to make sure a true party loyalist is elected not this fickle beings crossing over at the slightest wind. We need to get Nigeria working.

Please no blackmailers allowed to take the progress of 9ja as ransom. Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by buhariguy(m): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
NORSIYK:
If I were the apc members from South East and South South zones and apc refuses to zone their senate president or speaker-ship to South East or South South, then they should equally zone both the senate president, speaker-ship, deputy senate president and deputy speaker to the North and south west let them hold everything
next time don't cast your vote in one basket, don't hate your brother because of his party, you can see how is affecting SE now. don't vote the wrong candidate in your State because you hate APC.
meanwhile, omo agege Will be the DSP because kalu is not a ranking senator.
afterall, since idiotic pigs said we SS and SE are one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by MEGAWATCH: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
deji17:
See what Igbos have been reduced to fighting tooth and nail over deputy position. When you dont get your politics right DSP which Ekwereforgery stole the other time becomes your birthright.

The same thing happened to Yorubas in 2011. Don't talk as if you are coming out of prison recently.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by buhariguy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
rummmy:
both of them really work for APC, i commend their effort for electing themselves,
but they're both first timers,
DSP cannot go any other zone except SE and SS.
with that, omo agege should be the DSP.

3 Likes

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by pally123: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2019
realstars:
All this fight is that Akpabio culd not make it to the Senate again, by now he would have played out his way to the seat of the Senate Presido.
Definitely

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by gare(f): 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2019
You want to start with blackmail, they will just kick you out

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by PolymathDave(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
I am not an Igbo man but I support this, tho I would rather prefer it if the senate presidency is zoned to the south-east instead.

we cannot afford to trust this jihadists in our government, with a northern senate presidency, they can enforce laws against Christianity with ease and strengthen their religion.
Look at kaduna state for example, El-rufaiI proposed and signed a bill that is supposed to make it a must for a Christian leader to get a license before he can open a church.

With a northern senate presidency and every other position which is now filled with northerners, nothing will stop Nigeria from being Islamised. Just like how Babangida secretly signed Nigeria as a permanent member of the OIC(organization of Islamic countries, I think) nothing can stop them from strengthening their religion and maybe even imposing sharia law in the remaining states of Nigeria, during Jonathan's time, the jihadists successfully introduced Islamic banking to nigeria, very soon, we will start getting news about imposing sharia law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Denikayan: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2019
South East is a No No

South South can get but not South East

3 Likes

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
I thought oshio baba de shout yeye party supremacy up and down...d man said he has 56 senators who he can shop for lobatan
for equity fairness and justice and to avoid cracks like kalu said apc should adopt this zoning formula
senate president : north east
deputy senate president:south east
speaker reps: south south or North Central
deputy speaker reps: North Central or south south
more so each member from this zones shd be free to contest for d seats and campaign which is d beauty of democracy meaning no room for consensus...whoever emerge should work in the interest of Nigerians according to d law
anything short will lead to cracks or implosion...let's those who have ears hear oooo
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Hedonisst: 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
What a joker. Because people laugh and exchange banter with you doesn't make them your friends.

PDP block votes would decide both the Senate President and DSP. APC can't muster block votes, but PDP will. And the truth is that PDP wouldn't vote for a mentally unstable character like Kalu.

Ekweremadu would likely retain his seat.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
asobo:
Keep day dreaming, even if Akpabio rigged himself to the Senate nobody will consider him for SP as you guys keeping saying. Lawan is the anointed candidate and the see him as a loyal party man unlike Ndume who was ones in PDP. Politics is complicated than you think. Akpbio ko...Akpako née
go and put lawan dee na yeye pple..is lawan more loyal than other apc senators...let him campaign to his colleagues if he keep moving up and down he ll lose out and nothing will happen...

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
asobo:
Keep day dreaming, even if Akpabio rigged himself to the Senate nobody will consider him for SP as you guys keeping saying. Lawan is the anointed candidate and the see him as a loyal party man unlike Ndume who was ones in PDP. Politics is complicated than you think. Akpbio ko...Akpako née
go and put lawan dee na is lawan more loyal Dan other apc senators?? he shd campaign among his colleagues rather than moving up and down..otherwise lawan u guys are shouting ll lose and nothing ll happen

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by SamNaijaboy: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2019
SS has National Chairman.
SE should take DSP
SS should have Senate leader if NE is to have SP
Let's give everyone a sense of belonging

Denikayan:
South East is a No No

South South can get but not South East

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by ChristianNorth: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
You are not an Igbo man for nothing. The DSP is going to the East and Speaker to NC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

I hope you don't expect any development and projects also.

You guys don't get something. Zoning isn't constitutional, it is discretionary. That's why people work hard so that they stand better chances.

Play politics like others and stop fighting everyone. If we talk now, they'll say we're efulefu and Igbo saboteurs.
consensus candidate or annoited candidates is not constitutional too...going by this that's means lawan can't be senate president except he convinced his colleagues including pdp dat he won't be a stooge

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by SamNaijaboy: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
Can't give NC Speaker.
That would mean:
NW President
NE- SP
NC Speaker

One of these principal roles must be in the South.
SW wants Speaker, it appears since it has more APC reps than any other Southern region

ChristianNorth:
You are not an Igbo man for nothing. The DSP is going to the East and Speaker to NC.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

No projects and the SE has slaved for the Pdp for 20 years. Now, with all SE Governors in the Pdp, we want an APC federal seat?

Orji deserves it, Yes.
Rochas deserves it, hell yeah.
Ngige? Yeah.

The problem that those positions are usually given to regions in which the ruling party is strong. They won't dash a region which directly worked against APC.

In 2011, what did GEJ give the SW?
Minister of Agriculture.
Did Yorubas not work for Gej?

That same thing would likely happen to the SE now.
u are bad student of history...where were u wen pdp zoned speaker to South west but then Acn played spoiler for tambuwai to emerge...oga bottom line is nass leaders ll be elected by them and dats Wat ll happen whoever can lobby his colleagues on each ends get it...outside forces shd stay clear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by RTSC: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2019
And the exciting thing is that he is going to beat whoever oshiomhole wants.

Pdp will support him, and his own apc clique will support and pdp will retain the Senate deputy presidency by proxy.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2019
gabbytabby:
For Senate President they need to make sure a true party loyalist is elected not this fickle beings crossing over at the slightest wind. We need to get Nigeria working.

Please no blackmailers allowed to take the progress of 9ja as ransom. Abeg.
see this one again wen de decamped u accepted them...all apc senators are loyal and anyone can be sp so stop this useless loyalty thrash Una de push about...

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2019
buhariguy:
next time don't cast your vote in one basket, don't hate your brother because of his party, you can see how is affecting SE now. don't vote the wrong candidate in your State because you hate APC.
meanwhile, omo agege Will be the DSP because kalu is not a ranking senator.
afterall, we SS and SE are one
omo agege won't get dsp...his actions of stealing mace last time means he ll be a sell out so count him out...de rule of a ranking member holding senate position is only conventional it's not constitutional...that's yy last time..senator alimikhena became chief whip and akpabio minority leader despite been ist timers in the 8th senate... so educate urself u hear

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by RTSC: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Stop mentioning SW.
What SW has at the moment is the highest seat an Igbo man has achieved.

Obasanjo
Shonekan
Diya
Osinbajo

All from a single state a d you're talking about the entire SW?
You don't know how pathetic you are.
Trying to be anti igbo with an igbo name.

Don't worry. God will not grant you your greatest wish of being igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by bikefab(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
OUK have already started his political play. No time for Jabez.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Set For Regrets As Wike Finally Pushes Toward Tinubu's Presidency / Dr.reuben Abati Moves To Oxford's SAID Business School (photos) / Saraki And His 80 Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.