Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes (24411 Views)

Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test / Www.brisin.gov.ng : BRISIN Recruitment Portal 2018 Now Opened / Apply For Nnpc/chevron JV National University Scholarship Awards 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by sirusX(m): 11:59am On Mar 28, 2019
My only problem is the issue of government pikin getting slots even when they never applied

I'm yet to see Yusuf Buhari say he remains unemployed after NYSC

Nobody queried (Mr Integrity) Buhari's son and Osinbanjo's daughter serving in their father's office in Abuja....yet it's other youths that would serve in schools in other states and villages that might be violent

Some recruitment like this can be depressing/frustrating if one feels the outcome has already been decided

4 Likes

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Badonasty(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Nigeria’s unemployment crises again came to the fore early this week as a total of 25. 6 million applications passed through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recruitment portal before it formally closed Tuesday.

A source familiar with the recruitment process told Daily Sun that the 25.6 million applications was mind boggling to both NNPC management and the Federal Government as it further painted the picture of the magnitude of the country’s unemployment challenge.

This was coming as data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show Nigeria’s unemployment crisis worsened in the third quarter of 2018 (Q3,2018), as it rose from 18.8 per cent in Q3 2017 to 23.1 per cent in the third quarter of 2018, according to labour report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

The NBS data revealed further that the total number of people classified as unemployed-which means they did nothing at all or worked for a few hours (under 20 hours a week) rose from 17.6 million in Q4 2017 to 20.9 million in Q3 2018.

On March 13, 2018, NNPC began massive recruitment drive to fill various positions at the graduate trainees senior officers, supervisory and managerial cadres with the opening of its recruitment portal.

Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of NNPC, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, had said the move was part of efforts to enhance productivity.

Commenting, Head of Tax and Corporate Advisory Services at PwC Nigeria, Mr. Taiwo Oyedele, said the combination of unemployment and underemployment figures in the region of about 40 per cent was responsible for the upsurge in applications, adding that some of the applicants are already employed but are seeking better opportunities.

He maintained that until government begins to take practical steps to grow the Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), the over 40 million unemployed youth figure will continue to ballon.

He said there are over 30 million MSMEs in Nigeria lacking the right monetary policies to access finance and vocational training which may enable them expand and employ the over 30 million job seekers in the category.

He said NNPC may not employ up to one per cent of the application received which he said may be about 1,000 people or less, stressing that the remaining number returns to the labour market.

‘‘We hope that NNPC deploys merit because in the absence of that, you see all manner of list coming from politicians and the big men in Nigeria to take up the slots and at the end of the day, the purpose would be defeated,’’ he said.

For his part, Managing Director Cowry Assets Limited, Mr. Johnson Chukwu, said the figure should not surprise Nigerians because the public sector has not carried out a major recruitment exercise in the last four years, hence the pressure on NNPC. Chukwu said a rise in the country’s unemployment figure from 18.8 percent in 2017 to 23.1 in 2018, translating to about 80 million unemployed youths could have been responsible for the NNPC application figure.

He said to reduce the unemployment figure, Nigeria needs to grow the economy at about 10 percent, by coming up with specific industrial policy which will aid growth

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/26m-job-seekers-apply-for-positions-as-nnpc-closes-recruitment-portal/

I've now realized that the best thing is just to leave this country for them....26m people for less than 1k opening....it's mind boggling mehn
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Afritop(m): 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
Atiku caused this one since he planned to sell NNPC to his friends angry
Buhari caused this one too because he is surrounded by dullards
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Nigeria’s unemployment crises again came to the fore early this week as a total of 25. 6 million applications passed through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recruitment portal before it formally closed Tuesday.

A source familiar with the recruitment process told Daily Sun that the 25.6 million applications was mind boggling to both NNPC management and the Federal Government as it further painted the picture of the magnitude of the country’s unemployment challenge.

This was coming as data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show Nigeria’s unemployment crisis worsened in the third quarter of 2018 (Q3,2018), as it rose from 18.8 per cent in Q3 2017 to 23.1 per cent in the third quarter of 2018, according to labour report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

The NBS data revealed further that the total number of people classified as unemployed-which means they did nothing at all or worked for a few hours (under 20 hours a week) rose from 17.6 million in Q4 2017 to 20.9 million in Q3 2018.

On March 13, 2018, NNPC began massive recruitment drive to fill various positions at the graduate trainees senior officers, supervisory and managerial cadres with the opening of its recruitment portal.

Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of NNPC, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, had said the move was part of efforts to enhance productivity.

Commenting, Head of Tax and Corporate Advisory Services at PwC Nigeria, Mr. Taiwo Oyedele, said the combination of unemployment and underemployment figures in the region of about 40 per cent was responsible for the upsurge in applications, adding that some of the applicants are already employed but are seeking better opportunities.

He maintained that until government begins to take practical steps to grow the Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), the over 40 million unemployed youth figure will continue to ballon.

He said there are over 30 million MSMEs in Nigeria lacking the right monetary policies to access finance and vocational training which may enable them expand and employ the over 30 million job seekers in the category.

He said NNPC may not employ up to one per cent of the application received which he said may be about 1,000 people or less, stressing that the remaining number returns to the labour market.

‘‘We hope that NNPC deploys merit because in the absence of that, you see all manner of list coming from politicians and the big men in Nigeria to take up the slots and at the end of the day, the purpose would be defeated,’’ he said.

For his part, Managing Director Cowry Assets Limited, Mr. Johnson Chukwu, said the figure should not surprise Nigerians because the public sector has not carried out a major recruitment exercise in the last four years, hence the pressure on NNPC. Chukwu said a rise in the country’s unemployment figure from 18.8 percent in 2017 to 23.1 in 2018, translating to about 80 million unemployed youths could have been responsible for the NNPC application figure.

He said to reduce the unemployment figure, Nigeria needs to grow the economy at about 10 percent, by coming up with specific industrial policy which will aid growth

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/26m-job-seekers-apply-for-positions-as-nnpc-closes-recruitment-portal/

I STARTED APPLYING BUT DIDNT FINISH,

2014 NNPC recruitment process which invitation for oral interview was sent to successful candidate from the aptitude test was halted by 2015 election preparation and finally buried by buhari administration.

SO WHAT IS THE GAIN..............
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by seborrhic: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
Sun newspaper scrap.
Common sense should tell d person that wrote the report that it's impossible to have that number of applications for the job.

2 Likes

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lloydthesaint:
Who else applied?
I tried to applied but they scared me out. Saying I must own an masters degree. And I'm just an ordinary OND holder grin

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by lexy2014: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
Jiang:
That's a lie, I saw this exact same figure two days after the portal was opened, This number should have atleast double after the remaining 10 whole days

I don't think we have up to 20 million unemployed 2.1 graduates or 2.2 with masters in this country.

I don't think the applicants are even up to 1 million( even that too is alot considering only about 1.5k are needed)

D figures might not necessarily represent that of d entire unemployed population of Nigeria. It might b that many underemployed people who might b considered employed, also applied

2 Likes

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Esji80(m): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Boss I salute you ooh you sabi computer networking..ps where can I learn computer networking?
GlorifiedTunde:

In all your assessment you failed to consider the Ethernet speed capabilities of the Network Cards, the routers and switches and the routing protocols, the bandwidth available and the service provider being used.

The Network Storage topology is also something worthy of note.

It's not as easy as you think. It's not like you copying and pasting data and documents from one PC to another.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by ridbell01(m): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
20m of them are supporter of that thief that wants to sell nnpc
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by bizhop01: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
Just eye service applicants are all wasting their time,
NNPC all ready filled their candidate's even before the open the portal.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
noisy45:
Nigeria is finished my uncle works at shell petroleum he told me that the recruitment is a sham people have been taken already since last year and they on the job training

That is not correct, this I assure you
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by seyigiggle: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
you better start thinking what business or hand work you would do. This has been my advice to students recently.
hidhrhis:
26 million
OMG which job will I now apply for if I finish school
I'm sure First Class graduate will be among them and me Don drop from 1st class
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by noisy45(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
Jiang:

That is not correct, this I assure you

Very correct
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by bizhop01: 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2019
seborrhic:
Sun newspaper scrap.
Common sense should tell d person that wrote the report that it's impossible to have that number of applications for the job.
Do you know how many thousand graduates each state produce yearly?
Do you know how many thousands Nigerian that lost their job in the past 4 years?
If Nigeria can't employ up to 10% of graduates for the past 10 years, so what do you expect?

2 Likes

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Ablemax(m): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
They NDA is still learning atleast i still ave hope
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2019
noisy45:

Very correct
Alright then
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2019
Blyzz:
I tried to applied but they scared me out. Saying I must own an masters degree. And I'm just an ordinary OND holder grin

Jesus!!! shocked NNPC is a wicked something

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by guvna(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
This does not sound right.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by tiwiex(m): 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

In all your assessment you failed to consider the Ethernet speed capabilities of the Network Cards, the routers and switches and the routing protocols, the bandwidth available and the service provider being used.

The Network Storage topology is also something worthy of note.

It's not as easy as you think. It's not like you copying and pasting data and documents from one PC to another.

Make una dey analyse while others get the job. �
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by seborrhic: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
bizhop01:

Do you know how many thousand graduates each state produce yearly?
Do you know how many thousands Nigerian that lost their job in the past 4 years?
If Nigeria can't employ up to 10% of graduates for the past 10 years, so what do you expect?
If u are a graduate and believe that 26million Nigerian graduates applied for the NNPC jobs,then your degree or diploma is questionable and your education wasted.

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by piagetskinner(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
i couldnt even apply i could only register....but that 26 million is just a hoax
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by bizhop01: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2019
seborrhic:

If u are a graduate and believe that 26million Nigerian graduates applied for the NNPC jobs,then your degree or diploma is questionable and your education wasted.
You Win
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Acidosis(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
Jiang:
That's a lie, I saw this exact same figure two days after the portal was opened, This number should have atleast double after the remaining 10 whole days

I don't think we have up to 20 million unemployed 2.1 graduates or 2.2 with masters in this country.

I don't think the applicants are even up to 1 million( even that too is alot considering only about 1.5k are needed)

NNPC recruitment is not for the unemployed only. Among the applicants are young bankers, teachers, industrialists, etc.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by sacx: 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
This can't be true. I applied quite late (22nd) and I think the figures stood at 750,000 plus at that time

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by usoroakpan(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by WillTop: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
Birth Control needed, though I doubt the figures
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Funkybabee(f): 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2019
Those who have a job already also applied giving those who without none a slim chance and those powerful person would have save a slot for their kids already self.. Chaii my country
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Rollitout: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2019
I didn't even bother to apply because they already no who will have the job

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seplat Petroleum Development Company 2018 Graduate Scheme / 2016 EFCC Recriutment: How To Check If You Have Been Shortlisted! / FIRS Test Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.