Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes (24600 Views)

Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test / Www.brisin.gov.ng : BRISIN Recruitment Portal 2018 Now Opened / Apply For Nnpc/chevron JV National University Scholarship Awards 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
Even with there requirement .The figure can't be more than 2million .

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by noisy45(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Stop deceiving yourself, ebonyi guy.

Your uncle no fit get gateman position you dey make noise here.

No wonder you are Mr Noisy grin

I don't do self explanation to useless people like u that am right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by bujebudanu1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
adebvla:

I don't believe the 26.5m quoted figure by The Sun Newspaper, but I do believe that applicants should run into a million plus, or two.

When I registered, I was issued applicant ID that was less than 6,000 (I registered less than 8 hours after the portal opened). So far on twitter, I've seen someone with applicant ID that's in the range of 550,000+, then another guy with applicant ID in 736,000+ range.

I hope you know so many registered .
So many registered but didn't submit,
So many registered but didn't qualify,
So many registered without nysc but hoping for miracle
this one na confirm info I dey tell u.people wey submit no reach 500k.

2 Likes

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by ttmax09(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
Jiang:
That's a lie, I saw this exact same figure two days after the portal was opened, This number should have atleast double after the remaining 10 whole days

I don't think we have up to 20 million unemployed 2.1 graduates or 2.2 with masters in this country.

I don't think the applicants are even up to 1 million( even that too is alot considering only about 1.5k are needed)
Actually people who didn't qualify also applied. Some people with just 2.2 and no Msc applied, while the instruction said otherwise.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by nelronaldo(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
False. I have a job but I applied. So? Does that mean I M unemployed?
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by noisy45(m): 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Truth hurts. Lie intelligently next time cheesy

I won't drop my uncle's name that works in shell petroleum here because idiots like you might go ahead to scam him.

1 Like

Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
Federal govt have been scamming jobless graduates since buhari was born. nnpc employment is a complete scam quote me and go to jail
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by grandstar(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
And Buhari's solution is for youths is for youths to turn to farming. lol grin grin grin
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Lloydthesaint: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
Blyzz:
I tried to applied but they scared me out. Saying I must own an masters degree. And I'm just an ordinary OND holder grin
My brother it is well
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by CaptainFM1: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
If only these jobless Nigerians had voted for the man that can make job available....
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by SVC6000: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Atiku Must Hv Contributed To His Failed Mandate. Yes__ He Threatened To Sale The NNPC During His Campaign.. If Realy That 26milion Pple Applied 4 Work In NNPC That MEANS 10milion Voted 4 PMP.,
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by SpearHead: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
Get a copy of a richly compiled NNPC poast questions and answers for Graduate Trainee here

https://www.studentshub.com.ng/book/nnpc-recruitment-test-past-questions-and-answers and for experienced hire here

https://www.studentshub.com.ng/book/nnpc-experienced-hire-questions-and-answers-manual
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by CioAngels(f): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
Choi!

Their server must be extremely superb!

INEC server sef no receive this kain traffic.

I no believe sha, considering the short notice and hitches applicants had. undecided
It was not a short notice, you probably got to hear of it late. The agony there in is the jobs are for only Fulani's and politicians children who can afford to pay for other people interview number as it was the case at DPR. The were core Hausa people who complained of passing the interview but were not employed.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Bagsman(m): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Nigeria’s unemployment crises again came to the fore early this week as a total of 25. 6 million applications passed through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recruitment portal before it formally closed Tuesday.

A source familiar with the recruitment process told Daily Sun that the 25.6 million applications was mind boggling to both NNPC management and the Federal Government as it further painted the picture of the magnitude of the country’s unemployment challenge.

This was coming as data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show Nigeria’s unemployment crisis worsened in the third quarter of 2018 (Q3,2018), as it rose from 18.8 per cent in Q3 2017 to 23.1 per cent in the third quarter of 2018, according to labour report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

The NBS data revealed further that the total number of people classified as unemployed-which means they did nothing at all or worked for a few hours (under 20 hours a week) rose from 17.6 million in Q4 2017 to 20.9 million in Q3 2018.

On March 13, 2018, NNPC began massive recruitment drive to fill various positions at the graduate trainees senior officers, supervisory and managerial cadres with the opening of its recruitment portal.

Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of NNPC, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, had said the move was part of efforts to enhance productivity.

Commenting, Head of Tax and Corporate Advisory Services at PwC Nigeria, Mr. Taiwo Oyedele, said the combination of unemployment and underemployment figures in the region of about 40 per cent was responsible for the upsurge in applications, adding that some of the applicants are already employed but are seeking better opportunities.

He maintained that until government begins to take practical steps to grow the Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), the over 40 million unemployed youth figure will continue to ballon.

He said there are over 30 million MSMEs in Nigeria lacking the right monetary policies to access finance and vocational training which may enable them expand and employ the over 30 million job seekers in the category.

He said NNPC may not employ up to one per cent of the application received which he said may be about 1,000 people or less, stressing that the remaining number returns to the labour market.

‘‘We hope that NNPC deploys merit because in the absence of that, you see all manner of list coming from politicians and the big men in Nigeria to take up the slots and at the end of the day, the purpose would be defeated,’’ he said.

For his part, Managing Director Cowry Assets Limited, Mr. Johnson Chukwu, said the figure should not surprise Nigerians because the public sector has not carried out a major recruitment exercise in the last four years, hence the pressure on NNPC. Chukwu said a rise in the country’s unemployment figure from 18.8 percent in 2017 to 23.1 in 2018, translating to about 80 million unemployed youths could have been responsible for the NNPC application figure.

He said to reduce the unemployment figure, Nigeria needs to grow the economy at about 10 percent, by coming up with specific industrial policy which will aid growth

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/26m-job-seekers-apply-for-positions-as-nnpc-closes-recruitment-portal/

just u know guys over 70% of the people that registered have work they are just looking for greener pasture instead of to leave the people that dont even have a job to apply and hope they get selected
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by id4sho(m): 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
ikorodureporta:
At the end, the beneficiaries no go even apply, like NPA did..

https://www.nairaland.com/4624501/npa-job-recruitment-hijack#69686722
better guy, your head dey there
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lloydthesaint:

My brother it is well
Yes oh. But not like other schools, mine is quite different. From a paramilitary sch although. And the funniest thing is NNPC dey my ground grin
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
Tundexxy:

Jesus!!! shocked NNPC is a wicked something
Nor be small. Na crime to get OND again, na where I feel sponsor myself reach for the now. Man need real hustle oh grin
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by abundanceseun: 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
Amazing.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by chimaraiyke(m): 12:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lies from the pit of hell. I doubt if the application is up to 1m.... We saw ID numbers the last day of the registration. So where did they get this number from.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Sholex26: 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
The fact is that some people registered despite the fact that they don't qualified. But irrespective of your grade, between 2014-2019 that means 26.5m people have served this country which shows that no reliable data sources in Nigeria. Going by the information, if 3rd class, 2.2 ,HND, OND, NCE are considered that means the data would have be like 100m plus.

Which the estimated population of 180m people. You are saying
100m plus people had advance their studies after secondary school between this period. Not to mention of data processing aspect.

I just need to stop right here because Nigeria is scam as a whole.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

In all your assessment you failed to consider the Ethernet speed capabilities of the Network Cards, the routers and switches and the routing protocols, the bandwidth available and the service provider being used.

The Network Storage topology is also something worthy of note.

It's not as easy as you think. It's not like you copying and pasting data and documents from one PC to another.

You're funny.

Let's forget about the figures thrown and look at what it takes to host 30M applications giving each applicant 100MB space.

1. You don't have to host yourself. There are hundreds of hosting companies who can easily handle that.

2. Setting up such a server is not even a big deal, the main challenge would be the internet speed. With a fiber connection to any of the top tier ISP, that would also be easily covered.

Now a 1,000Mbps broadband handles data @ 125MB/s and this can take in 15GB in about 2 minutes.....and 450 GB in an hour.

Let's reduce efficiency by 50% and this still gives us 225 GB an hour.

If each applicant is allocated 100MB which is more than generous for documents upload, that will give 3TB of space needed.

So it means if the server is working continuously it can receive all those data in just a day.

The hardware is not an issue, tons of hardware are available to crunch those figures. The software and implementation should be given priority.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
emkz:

Four powerful CPUs with enough disk space inserted can save up to 61.2 terabytes of data of all the applicants if we assume that an average of 7 documents were uploaded along with the CV. If this Figure of ~26 million applicants is true, let the NNPC give us a breakdown of the number of applicants per positions they applied for, the potential graduate hires versus experienced hires, the states of origin of the applicants, the number of applicants with BScs and MScs, the distribution of experience by experienced hires, the university where the most applicants graduated from et al.

I doubt this Figure, I feel it is bandied around so that if those who are qualified are not considered in favour of those who have connections, they'd resign to their fate of "afterall, too many people applied for the positions".

You can doubt the figure but it is not difficult setting up such a system. As to whether the figure is true is not my concern but NNPC has a more powerful system that can actually handle such and more. I worked with a much smaller company with a sever system can easily do that job.
Re: 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes by Nelsizzy(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
Let's do the maths shall we.

Jamb registration for this year is about 1.8m candidates. Out of these lots, only about 1/3 are admitted each year, that's about 600000 students each year.

NNPC stated that to be eligible
1. Must have graduated between 2014-2019
2. Must be below 28
3. Must have NYSC discharge certificate

Let's go back to the 600000, this number covers for all admission into various tertiary institutions plus College of education. I graduated in 2018 and I have not been mobilized for NYSC, no 2018 graduate would have discharge certificate as at now so 2018 and 2019 is out of it. For those that graduated in 2017, most will be rounding up service soon.

Again, not everybody that gets admitted will graduate at the end of 4 years. The 600k is reducing, factor in those that went to Coed and we have less than 400000 graduates each year.

Adding up the total graduates from 2014-2017 won't even top 2 million and they are quoting 26 million. It is well.

Even if the experienced hire gets the same number, we won't even have up to 5 million candidates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nampak Nigeria Limited Latest Recruitment 2017 – 4 Vacant Positions / 2016 EFCC Recriutment: How To Check If You Have Been Shortlisted! / NRC Oral Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.