Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:17 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70427 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
@Ibime, if we wanted a ballet dancer, we would have bought Torres. Chamahk his work at Arsenal almost to perfection.

@Dudu, you haff want to be finding Doctor trouble abi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2010
ElRazur:

It is safe to assume that you do not rate him. I understand that, but to say he is rigid is probably pushing it. This was a guy who settled into the EPL upon arrival. Come on now, give him some credit.

Ibime clearly said he doubts Chamakh will score up to 15 goals this season. . . . he's on 6 and we're still in October. grin

His angst is that the player he knew in the early days isn't the player of today.

Ibime:

Didn't say I don't rate Chamhakh. But I remember the Chamhakh that made his debut, dribbling at top speed, feinting and moving fluildy. Chamhakh was wanted by every top club back then. I'm just pointing out that by gaining hold up play, Chamhakh completely lost all fluidity. And how come he never looks like he could feint a player and ping one in the top corner?

If Drogba can be as proficient as he's been in the PL without much fluidity, Chamakh will do well enough. With RVP, Bendtner and others with the silky skills, Chamakh brings a valued variation to the theme at Arsenal, and that is why he is getting more important to Arsenal's game play.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2010
slimshay:

@Dudu, you haff want to be finding Doctor trouble abi?

Is Doki really saying Bendy is better than Chamakh? or that he likes certain aspects of his game better than Chamakh's and that he will likely overtake Chamakh in the long term?
I find it hard to believe anyone can say Bendy is better than Chamakh as things stand now, Chamakh's returns blows that view dead in the waters abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
^^

Doki agreed with Ibime when he doubted Chamakh will score 15 goals.

Dr Kitaun:

I apologise for all I said against BARTENDER !!! cry cry

Chamakh doesnt at all look the man to take us outta the woods . . . .like I predicted RVP would always be an injury waiting to happen and with the frailties I see, Walcott looks to be our brightest hope of getting goals scored, INTERESTING ! shocked

What happens when Walcott's goals dry up ? did we buy Chamakh to play the role of an attacking midfielder ? since he joined Arsenal how many times has he shot at goalies ?

Dr Kitaun:
U dey mind dem? They only agree when the last of d cookies crumbles. Chamakh score 15? Na jazz?

My people just love strikers holding up play without getting us d fcking goals, OK NOW, I WILL SEE your DADDY!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2010
Lol @guys digging out things people mentioned in the past lol. grin

I know who I will take a hint on betting from, and those I go avoid. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2010
Chamoru should just learn to be more selfish and shoot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2010
follypimpi:

Chamoru should just learn to be more selfish and shoot.

Hardly do our players shoot. Dunno whether na instructions from AW or perhaps it is hard to shoot with the type of football philosophy we embrace?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
ElRazur:

Hardly do our players shoot. Dunno whether na instructions from AW or perhaps it is hard to shoot with the type of football philosophy when embrace?

The first question is, how many of them can shoot? If you've seen Clichy and Sagna shooting, you'll tell them to stop and just focus on improving their crossing - it's awful.

Rozzi shoots, but with limited effect, Diaby can shoot at times, but that's when he manages to get his head up and stop aimless dribbles.

Arshavin, Fabregas and Denilson can shoot, so can Nasri.

However, the focus of Arsenal's game is to pass the opponent to death, meaning shooting from distance is really not a valued trait.

Personally, I'd tell our players (especially fullbacks) to learn how to cross properly first. With Chamakh and Bendtner having good aerial ability, we should seek to maximize that potential. Shooting can be left to AA23 and others.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
I agree, I have a feeling that shooting will make us more potent in front of goals. On the other hand, I noticed that defenders become less aggressive when we get our passing going on in their box. This may be better than shooting as it may be blocked, abi wetin una think?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
debosky:

@Debosky
Add van Persie and Vermaelen
Oops i have forgotten they are injured and we don't know when they will be back. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
duduspace:

I don't think Ibime is saying Nik is better than Bendtner, anyone who says that should prolly be taken out and shot. He's just delving into the final details in differences between both players.

ode ni yin sir !!!

who cares about 'em 2 ?

which of them can u boast can blow down a big team's defence ?

madrid, milan, inter, bayern ?

debosky:

^^

Doki agreed with Ibime when he doubted Chamakh will score 15 goals.

what has changed ?

remember i even said this whilst bartender was injured ?

i stand by it . . . . cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2010
#justsaying Arsenal has the highest shots on goal. #justsaying.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
debosky:

The first question is, how many of them can shoot? If you've seen Clichy and Sagna shooting, you'll tell them to stop and just focus on improving their crossing - it's awful.

Rozzi shoots, but with limited effect, Diaby can shoot at times, but that's when he manages to get his head up and stop aimless dribbles.

However, the focus of Arsenal's game is to pass the opponent to death, meaning shooting from distance is really not a valued trait.

Personally, I'd tell our players (especially fullbacks) to learn how to cross properly first. With Chamakh and Bendtner having good aerial ability, we should seek to maximize that potential. Shooting can be left to AA23 and others.

Chamakh's case is even worse. He passes in the box! which other striker does that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

ode ni yin sir !!!

who cares about 'em 2 ?

what did Chamakh do to them last season in the UCL while playing for Bordeaux?  undecided
the only team I'm not sure of Chamakh scoring against up there is Inter and even Barcelona with Messi had a difficult task scoring against them, Chamakh scored against Milan in the emirates cup (though you could argue that was not a serious tournament but he still did it)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
proudly9ja:

Chamakh's case is even worse. He passes in the box! which other striker does that?

He's trying to blend in and please his team mates.   grin

Now he's seeing Nik get a glimpse of goal and fire off, he'll start shooting at sight too.  grin

Dr Kitaun:

ode ni yin sir !!!

who cares about 'em 2 ?

what has changed ?

If we had 'blown down' small team defences like Sunderland and West Brom, we'd be top of the table. People like you have let silly pundits blind your eyes.

I remember two years ago beating so called big teams in England yet finishing with no trophies. . . .I remember beating Milan and still winning no trophies.

I maintain beating big teams is not the main problem - it's keeping a high level of performance in the crucial Feb - May period and you'll see trophies.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2010
duduspace:

what did Chamakh do to them last season in the UCL while playing for Bordeaux? undecided
the only team I'm not sure of Chamakh scoring against up there is Inter and even Barcelona with Messi had a difficult task scoring against them, Chamakh scored against Milan in the emirates cup (though you could argue that was not a serious tournament but he still did it)
How did I know someone would bring that up? Emirates cup ko champions league ni.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
As if scoring against Milan is a feat, . .  . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2010
Rozzi's shooting ke ? shocked the dude always ballons ball to the crowd,his so scared of scoring he'd rather pass.He lacks self confidence as regards scoring.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2010
mystikal:

As if scoring against Milan is a feat, . . . . . .
So says a fan whose club is yet to win Holy Grail. Oya show us your CL Trophy and shame the devil.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
I was speaking as a neutral o cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2010
Show us Una CL trophy nah? We dey wait ooooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 11:08pm On Oct 28, 2010
e dey come very soon, no worry urself
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
debosky:

He's trying to blend in and please his team mates. grin

Now he's seeing Nik get a glimpse of goal and fire off, he'll start shooting at sight too. grin

If we had 'blown down' small team defences like Sunderland and West Brom, we'd be top of the table. People like you have let silly pundits blind your eyes.

I remember two years ago beating so called big teams in England yet finishing with no trophies. . . .I remember beating Milan and still winning no trophies.

I maintain beating big teams is not the main problem - it's keeping a high level of performance in the crucial Feb - May period and you'll see trophies.

what about against shesea as ikpeba calls it ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:14am On Oct 29, 2010
slimshay:

#justsaying Arsenal has the highest shots on goal. #justsaying.

Find best response below grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/WeYsTmIzjkw&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 4:38am On Oct 29, 2010
Looks like Kieran Gibbs could be on the sidelines for a very long time
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=836877&sec=england&cc=5739

Feel so bad for him. You really get the feeling if he got the games he would be our starting LB and excel. Just a thought, Vermalaen could bench Clichy at LB, and Koko and Squillaci remain CBs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2010
Find best response below

Dk now that you mention it, do you know one could mistake the Bayern forward line for Jay and Silent Bob ? Klose would be Jay ofcourse and Mario G would be . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:30am On Oct 29, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

what about against shesea as ikpeba calls it ?=

I doubt shooting from distance would’ve made much of a difference.

With defenders like Terry, Alex and Ivanovic who fling themselves at the ball for blocks, you clearly see that shooting from distance wasn’t going to hurt Chelski on the day. We had chances from crosses - both for Koscielny and Chamakh. More of those would’ve posed more of a threat than shots from distance.

In the final analysis, Chelski are a more efficient team than Arsenal at the moment, so losing to them is not a big surprise. If Chelski lost twice to Citeh and won the league, I don’t see how why we should focus unduly on beating them. If we do, great, if we don’t then we MUST make sure we don’t slip up against the lower teams.

Just two seasons ago Utd were battered by the ‘top 4’ teams yet won the league. Arsenal’s flaw is that we can mess up against the best and worst of sides - that must stop beginning with West Ham.

I still remember the AWFUL way we lost a 2 goal lead to them last season. That cannot be replicated tomorrow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jaybee3(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2010
Bendtner better than Chamakh
Chamakh is all about headed goals whilst Bendtner has loads more to offer
Just had to get that outta ma mind.
hehehehhehe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
hmmn na wah o, so bendtner is now the mainest of the main?

but if bendtner was this good, why were you pple clamouring for a striker? i remember the amount of hand wringing and prayers being delivered on this thread to get chamakh into arsenal yet now bendtner is . . , . . . . .

hmmn, ok o. we shall see o. but frankly am very disappointed in seeing some of the pple who are mouthing this line! na wah for armchair pundits
soon una go say dayokanu dey abuse una, very soon naw, a goal against westham and bendtner will become the best striker in the history of the premier league!

tseew, like say no be the same bendtner we don dey watch for close to 4 yrs now. u pple are actually comparing a nucca who has been at arsenal for donkey years with a fella 4 months into his arsenal career? with that much impact? assuming Van-persie and bendtner did not start the season injured, how many games would chamakh have gotten by now? nor be carling cup e go dey play?
dude was thrown in at the deep end, and is definitely not doing badly, yet see the amount of bashing he gets from arsenal "fans"

ok o, we shall see the end result of this bendtner saga, shebi him na pele/maradona rolled in one, dropped shoulder, curl ball ito top corner bla bla bla? alrite o!n
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
Jus wondering when some decided they had a right to an opinion in here.

Its westyam tommorrow. Unhook your bayonets boys, we are to be served dinner. For the food we are about to eat, we thank you oh Lord. Oh God, thank for the goat meat you also brought our way.

Tenhutt!!! COYR!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
4llerbuntu:

hmmn na wah o, so bendtner is now the mainest of the main?

You sabi read so?

A comment was made that Bendtner finishes better than Chamakh; that is not an evaluation of their all round game.

but if bendtner was this good, why were you pple clamouring for a striker? i remember the amount of hand wringing and prayers being delivered on this thread to get chamakh into arsenal yet now bendtner is . .  ,  . . . .  .

Firstly, you need 4 strikers to compete for all the trophies at hand. Having one good striker can never remove the need for 4 strikers.

Secondly, Bendtner is still some distance from realising his full potential. It is clear he can improve, as we’ve seen from season to season. During that process, there will be dips which will frustrate, but that doesn’t negate his near-future potential.

hmmn, ok o. we shall see o. but frankly am very disappointed in seeing some of the pple who are mouthing this line! na wah for armchair pundits
soon una go say dayokanu dey abuse una, very soon naw, a goal against westham and bendtner will become the best striker in the history of the premier league!

No one has said Bendtner is the best striker in the world; the talk is about his finishing - read the debate and stop jumping to conclusions.

tseew, like say no be the same bendtner we don dey watch for close to 4 yrs now. u pple are actually comparing a nucca who has been at arsenal for donkey years with a fella 4 months into his arsenal career? with that much impact?

What are you on about? How old is Bendtner? He’s been improving steadily since he came back on loan from B’ham, so I have no issues fundamentally with his performances - youthful inconsistencies may appear, but they are reducing.

assuming Van-persie and bendtner did not start the season injured, how many games would chamakh have gotten by now? nor be carling cup e go dey play?
dude was thrown in at the deep end, and is definitely not doing badly, yet see the amount of bashing he gets from arsenal "fans"

Even Drogba gets bashing from Chelski fans, so why won’t Chamakh get some bashing? Everyone has their preferences and are free to express them.

His contributions are recognised, but it doesn’t mean he hasn’t made errors that can be criticized.

ok o, we shall see the end result of this bendtner saga, shebi him na pele/maradona rolled in one, dropped shoulder, curl ball ito top corner bla bla bla? alrite o!n

The boy is quality, classy and intelligent. If he continues what he’s doing right now, he has an excellent future ahead of him.  All these oversabi commentators should leave gooners to analyse their own players. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
Important edit: I was wondering when some GOATS decided they had a right to an opinion in this place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100)

Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.