Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,816 members, 7,862,709 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70227 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2010
Some people are already expecting me to ask HOW MARKET.

But they would be dissappointed cos I wont ask BAWO LOJA,

Its becoming redundant asking the same YAYA KASUA question

Instead of asking QUE MERCADOS

I would rather say YEBARIBA SANBORIBOBO

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/_yKp8J6ieOw[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kenkruse: 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2010
This lost will bring the best in us. Did I say lost, we're still on TOP grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2010
kenkruse:

This lost will bring the best in us. Did I say lost, we're still on TOP grin

That was the same way you are losting to Shesea

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by manmustwac(m): 1:05am On Nov 04, 2010
O boy mukina and co wetin happened?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 5:15am On Nov 04, 2010
Where is Dudu and Follypimpi?? What did i tell you guys about Theo at the start of the season??

Didnt see the game anyway! These UCL group stage games are more of a procession for me so like i always say i just dont get that adrenaline rush. I am worried about how we have fared these last two games though!! If we phuck around on Saturday against the Toon Army we would pay big time! Dont let the CC game fool you guys. The Newcastle i saw on Sunday is quite a prospect and we would not want an Andy Caroll, Kevin Nolan or Ameobi rampage at the Emirates. Them lads just need to focus and stop getting gassed up by little wins here and there! The season has barely started

@Slimshay
Wenger is taking the Carling Cup somewhat more seriously abeg! This is clear even to the woman selling amala on my street! judging by the sheer number of senior players that figured in the last two matches it ain't hard to tell. For goodness sake he brought in our best player Cesc when we where a goal up at St James
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:26am On Nov 04, 2010
Instead of castigating GAYYners all the time, I bring a solution to you. Choose one of these

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2010
Van Persie included in Holland preliminary squad for their upcoming friendly against Turkey in 2 weeks. Waiting for Wenger's comment on this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 7:35am On Nov 04, 2010
Van Persie included in Holland preliminary squad for their upcoming friendly against Turkey in 2 weeks. Waiting for Wenger's comment on this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2010
^^ Let RVP get fit first then we can debate national team or no national team.

In the cold light of day, defensive errors cost us this game:
- conceding a set piece needlessly and poor marking afterwards
- mental meltdown by Clichy coupled with poor awareness by Eastmond

The second goal is unforgivable - so yet again, our problems are self inflicted. While not catastrophic, this repeated losses of concentration WILL cost us again this season with Clichy on the pitch. Eboue's case is a tad understandable. . . .he doesn't play RB frequently and has probably gotten rusty.

If we're finding it difficult to defend set pieces then get ready for chaos in the box on Sunday with Nolan, Carrol and Ameobi causing havoc.

That said, hopefully Song will be fit for Sunday. . . .the midfield was continually bypassed yesterday - once Shakhtar got the ball they were instantly putting the defence on the back foot.

On a general note, Djourou looked decent yesterday, though not perfect. His reading of the game to make interceptions and tackles was top notch, though I think he can still get beaten for pace easily.

Secondly, AW said during his interview at the end of the game that he hadn't spoken to Clichy about the error for the second goal. . . . .so WTF does AW say to the boys at halftime?

He's either lying to protect Clichy or he refuses to bollock players for messing up at half time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2010
Iswearigawd, Dayokanu na mad man grin grin grin

"pouns", "dullars", "receipt", "shidren" grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2010
Against MANSHITTY last season

Fabianski
Eboue Sylvestre Song Traore
Ramsey Eastmond Wilshere
Rosicky Vela Merida

Against SCOUSERS last season

Fabianski
Gilbert Sonderos Sylvetre Gibbs
Nasri Eastmond Ramsey
Merida Eduardo Bendtner

Against TOMTOM this season

Tech9
Eboue Kos Djourou Gibbs
Rosicky Eastmond Denilson
Walcott Bendtner Vela

Now please compare each posiiton and the players in the pecking order at the time. Especially with an injury ravaged team last year. Then you will see what I mean when I say quality has improved not policy. Although I have to admit we now field stronger benches.

The truth is that the lines that divide our first and second team are now more blurry than before. Of all those that started in Newcastle, only Theo and arguably Kos are sure starters.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
@Debo, sadly I don't think AW tongue lashes these guys enough. I remember all of them saying how surprised they were at his reaction at anfield last year. Somebody should whip Clichy for that error yesterday. And Eastmond, actually deos not show in replay until Dudu actually scores. Horrible horrible tracking.

Which goes to team defense, Clichy's stupid error would have been nullified by a simple case of eastmond tracking his man.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2010
Manmuswac i resemble you? tongue

people please do not forget moderavizzle in your prayers oh sad his arm nor wan gree well sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by honeric01(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
who get that hand?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2010
@ gunners
guys can we confirm if the debosky posting lately is the gunner debosky shocked

i saw a thread not too long ago and it looks like tumfulu,dobodobo or 190 have taken over his S/N shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2010
slimshay:

@Debo, sadly I don't think AW tongue lashes these guys enough. I remember all of them saying how surprised they were at his reaction at anfield last year. Somebody should whip Clichy for that error yesterday. And Eastmond, actually deos not show in replay until Dudu actually scores. Horrible horrible tracking.

Which goes to team defense, Clichy's silly error would have been nullified by a simple case of eastmond tracking his man.

I disagree slightly Slim, it was a counter and all our lads thought Clichy had control of the ball and didn't expect him to lose it. Clichy should have gone for a safety first approach.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
The lamentations resume.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
A-40:

Where is Dudu and Follypimpi?? What did i tell you guys about Theo at the start of the season??

You know I'll never really take to Theo, but credit to him, he works hard and his pace will always tell but I think he is still undertutilizing the pace he has, all that has improved is his goals, I always knew if he got ball into space he is as good as you can get in the league presently and will get goals, ball to feet and going past your man with putting in good delivery into the box however is a different prospect as he doesn't seem to have improved in that regards at all and I'll have both Young and Adam Johnson over him anyday as Wingers, even Lennon would run him close for that.
I doubt if he'll ever convince me and I expect his career to mirror Michael Owen's if some things don't change.

Having said that, there are times when all you need is the raw pace and cool finishing ability and Theo has always had that, he can only learn a bit more from Gareth Bale on how to make that pace a more deadly weapon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2010
mukina2:

@ gunners
i saw a thread not too long ago and it looks like tumfulu,dobodobo or 190 have taken over his S/N shocked

Maybe he's gone for that brain swap I recommended to turn Diaby into Zidane.  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2010
mukina2:

@ gunners

Lerax muki. . . .this is still the same ol Debo. . . .it's unku Wenger and Clichy that are causing me to post like walestar. angry grin

duduspace:

I disagree slightly Slim, it was a counter and all our lads thought Clichy had control of the ball and didn't expect him to lose it. Clichy should have gone for a safety first approach.

Slim is right - that is a clear lack of awareness. . . . you don't lose allow a man to run freely at your goal regardless of whether Clichy had the ball or not - it could be intercepted, or miskicked, opening up a chance for Dudu to score.

There was a clear lack of focus, first by Clichy and also by Eastmond just before halftime and that isn't acceptable. Without a doubt though, Clichy is the far greater culprit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2010
debosky:

Slim is right - that is a clear lack of awareness. . . . you don't lose allow a man to run freely at your goal regardless of whether Clichy had the ball or not - it could be intercepted, or miskicked, opening up a chance for Dudu to score.

It was a counter Debo, only the back line was probably in position, there will always be times people will be out of position in trying to go forwards, Clichy should have cleared the ball cos he should have been aware other players were out of position. Eastmond wasn't the only one out of position and running back facing our goal, all the other MFs were also out of position. Only he, the GK and CBs were back to goal and could see play as it developed.
Eastmond wasn't good yesterday and I don't know why he was on the pitch anyway as I would have preferred Lansbury but he wasn't responsible for the 2nd goal, that was solely Clichy's fault and he should get the blame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4llerbe(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2010
still waiting for the "NB52 is the new pele" group to tell us what they thought about NB52's stellar performance yesterday!

hmmn, 1 beautiful curler and the new pele was born, now that the real slim shady is standing up, i'd like to hear the "its just one game" comments! tongue tongue

is this not what we have been seeing from him in the last 3 yrs?

@ DK, i see you are not delusional today tongue tongue you simply have issues with mental co-ordination as usual grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2010
Clichy should know better what to do with the ball in a tight position. However the moment that ball was put over the top Eastmond should have sought his man. Simple. Counter or no counter you track your man. We have seen this with Denilson, Nasri and Clichy at diff times. Since we are not a sit at home team, it is imperative our shift from attack to defense should be swift.

Anybody who thinks that was the new standard of Bendtner's game is certainly very slow. . . . .in what? I will leave to his or her discretion.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kenkruse: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2010
yousouph:

Wenger: 'We lost urgency and concentration'

On Robin van Persie’s fitness…
"He has not played with us, not trained and I am quite surprise that he was named [in the Dutch squad]." sad
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-lost-urgency-and-concentration-
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
Shey you be fine boy? I be fine boy!!!!! Wetin do you? Nothing do me Something do you? I say nothing do you

Ehhhhhhnnnnnnnn Yebariba swaga swagaaaaa Ehnnnnnnnn Yebariba Sanboriboboooooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2010
Mayhem On The Gaynners Thread As Per Usual, Oh well nothing has really changed in that respect. Once a GayMan, always a GayMan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2010
Another GAYYner in action

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Shey Arsene Wengay tiff your wifey for previous life? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2010
The Crockroom getting empty by the day. VanPersie had a full day at training today. Next out should be Vermaelen under a matter of days. Nothing as heartening as a healthy team. Go Guns!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
How many converts has dayokanu get to Bayern Munchen from ARSENAL with all your rants over the years? Abegi, leave us alone. Cesc, Arshavin, Song and Denilson returns to the 1st team. RVP got a full training under his belt today.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2010
Who would want to convert people with GAYYners IQ to his club?

You want them to infect us with trophylessness.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by SirKay3(m): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
Midweek absentees back to face Newcastle
Arsène Wenger will welcome four players back into the first-team fold for Sunday’s game against Newcastle.

Cesc Fabregas (hamstring), Andrey Arshavin (illness), Alex Song (calf) and Denilson (groin) all missed the midweek trip to Shakhtar Donetsk with minor complaints but the quartet all return this weekend.

The good news doesn’t stop there. Robin van Persie is back in full training after nine weeks out with an ankle injury and Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles) is close to a comeback too.

No wonder Wenger was in good spirits when he faced the media on Friday afternoon.

“They [the players who missed Wednesday’s game] are basically all fit. Everyone. I am very pleased about that,” he said.

“Kieran Gibbs [knee] is still out but Van Persie had for the first time today a full training session and Vermaelen is not far but is not ready. It is a question of days for him. It is encouraging.

(http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/midweek-absentees-back-to-face-newcastle)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.