Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,902 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (69486 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Slimshay
Bros you just dey speak grammar. Oya answer this 2 or 3 seasons ago even last season would Wenger have brought in our best player with a goal up against Newcastle? Even after a 1 goal lead

@Duduspace
Ehen I have always known you cant stand Walcott at least its out in the open now! Ashley Young has clearly lost his form unless you haven't been following the Prem for the last two seasons! Adam Johnson is decent but he is not as dynamic as Theo! When you talk of beating your man and delivering an assist I think you should pay more attention to the strikers that squander his assists (ur beef for Theo wouldn't let you see that) was it not in one match that Bendtner squandered all 7 chances in one game! I also remember Lampard also doing the same with 3
Gareth Bale is a fantastic player but even he has not proven himself over the course of a season so placing him higher than Theo is a bit hasty. The important thing for me is he has added goals to his game and frankly that is all that matters

Why is Arshavin back?? Abeg Arshav-OUT jare! Walcott must start tomorrow ooh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:44am On Nov 06, 2010
4llerbe:

still waiting for the "NB52 is the new pele" group to tell us what they thought about NB52's stellar performance yesterday!

hmmn, 1 beautiful curler and the new pele was born, now that the real slim shady is standing up, i'd like to hear the "its just one game" comments! tongue tongue

is this not what we have been seeing from him in the last 3 yrs?

@ DK, i see you are not delusional today tongue tongue you simply have issues with mental co-ordination as usual grin grin

wetin this one dey talk ? undecided

I never liked Bendtner, but I hate it when ur lot choose to be subjective rather than objective . . . .

was Bendtner to blame for the team's loss ?

rubbish ! angry
duduspace:

You know I'll never really take to Theo, but credit to him, he works hard and his pace will always tell but I think he is still undertutilizing the pace he has, all that has improved is his goals, I always knew if he got ball into space he is as good as you can get in the league presently and will get goals, ball to feet and going past your man with putting in good delivery into the box however is a different prospect as he doesn't seem to have improved in that regards at all and I'll have both Young and Adam Johnson over him anyday as Wingers, even Lennon would run him close for that.
I doubt if he'll ever convince me and I expect his career to mirror Michael Owen's if some things don't change.

Having said that, there are times when all you need is the raw pace and cool finishing ability and Theo has always had that, he can only learn a bit more from Gareth Bale on how to make that pace a more deadly weapon.

more rubbish!

cut the dude some slack, will ya ?

this guy has done more than enuff already, if others can step up to the plate like he has done already, then we should be singing a different tune.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was last night accused of having a secret affair with a stunning blonde French rapper.
The married Premiership manager, 61, refused to confirm or deny allegations that he has been seeing 39-year-old Sonia Tatar.

He said: "I wish to deal with the matter privately."

Wenger reportedly flew to Paris on Thursday and met single mum Sonia - just hours after his team lost a Champions League match in the Ukraine.
It is claimed the pair have enjoyed a close two-year relationship, which allegedly began when they met at a restaurant in Paris.

Wenger, married to ex-PE teacher Annie Brosterhous, has managed the North London side for over a decade. They have a 13-yearold daughter, Leah.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/11/06/arsene-wenger-accused-of-having-secret-affair-with-french-rapper-115875-22696435/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2010
First na say e no get wife, now na say e dey cheat on the wife wey e no get. *smh*

Unto berra tins jare
A-40 I have pointed out we now field stronger benches. But nah, make I take you approach to debate jare: Baba na you sabi pass!!!

Seriously though Fab needed match fitness coming from injury.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
Where d Arsene story na?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
So Wenger has been shagging a rapper? No wonder he has his lines nailed down

'We weren't mature enough and we lacked mental strength'

'We believe we're tough and we definitely won't finish tenth'

grin grin

As long as he does the right thing for the squad, I don't care who he's shagging. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2010
'Wenger' and 'rapper' shouldn't even be in the same sentence. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
chamotex:

'Wenger' and 'rapper' shouldn't even be in the same sentence. grin grin grin

Naah. . . .they are in the same bedroom grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2010

wenger knows how to spot talents. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
debosky:

So Wenger has been sleeping-with a rapper? No wonder he has his lines nailed down

'We weren't mature enough and we lacked mental strength'

'We believe we're tough and we definitely won't finish tenth'

grin grin

As long as he does the right thing for the squad, I don't care who he's sleeping-with.  tongue

grin grin grin grin
There is something funny going on about these allegations, its either they are a figment of someone's imagination or some press men have goofed and some serious threat of libel charges have forced a pulling of that story. Almost every link that carried the original story have been pulled.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olabukola: 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2010
Saw him last yr for one ghana shop in Harrow area collecting some stuff inside a bottle. I suspected it was agbo jedijedi. I pity that sonia wenger go don finish am with agbo power.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olabukola: 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
Mschewww, is that all?
1. There are no pictures of the said meeting.
2. Even if there are, Arsene is at liberty to go to dinner and walk with whoever he wants to.
3. Who is making the accusation? his wife? Daily mail?

What a load of bull, when you start hearing statements like "It is claimed" then you know there is no substance to the story.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2010
#IsThatWhyWeAreHere At least he is not patronizing scrobos and oscrambos like Rooney!

#teamWalcott-In #teamArshav-OUT
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2010
Debosky haff madt. When the album dey commot nah.

Maatch day today. Is it a testament to Newcastle's progress or a testament to Arsenal's regress that manure scums where saying with confidence that Arsenal will lose again today. Personally I think its a testament to their mumurity. Oh what the hell, wetin I sabi.

Its the Red and White Army, Tenhutt!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 9:03am On Nov 07, 2010
Midweek absentees back to face Newcastle Arsène Wenger will welcome four players back into the first-team fold for Sunday’s game against Newcastle.   Cesc Fabregas (hamstring), Andrey Arshavin ( illness), Alex Song (calf) and Denilson (groin) all missed the midweek trip to Shakhtar Donetsk with minor complaints but the quartet all return this weekend.   The good news doesn’t stop there. Robin van Persie is back in full training after nine weeks out with an ankle injury and Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles) is close to a comeback too.

Now that's what i'm talking about, squad's back to full strength. v3's had successful surgery and is getting better also, so let's go out Gunz Blazing cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 9:05am On Nov 07, 2010
Mirror says VP will start from the bench. Hmn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 9:20am On Nov 07, 2010
One time for moderavizzlemanizzle!!!

One time for vanPepedemwithshots!!!

And for yet another v, abeg when Verminator wan come back nah?!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2010
Van Persie on the bench? Abeg make I confirm from ArsenalDotCom! I hope those lads can keep another clean sheet! We need to start imbibing that culture
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2010
Re: Alleged Wenger Affairs.

I honestly feel the culture amongst the UK press should be put into check. I think it should be breaking a few laws stalking people and then printing out allegations about them. The Sun and other tabloid  newsgossip papers seem to have a habit of doing this and ruining who ever they set their eyes upon.

Rooney, Ashley et al are just a few people that comes to mind recently. So what if a player cheats? How is this of interest to the public at large. What ever people get up to in their private lives should be just that - Private! 

So it is alleged that Wenger is also having an affair, and this means what to me? It is widely speculated that the media is biased towards the Arsenal team in general, be it the moppet Alan Hansen on BBC "match of the day" giving biased report about Walcott, or the media labelling Wenger as a "whinger" for stating what is essentially true.

Over the years, I have come across report that Wenger is disliked because he is an intellect (Studied Economics or something) and he comes over here to English game and made a name for himself. Apparently, he do not go around drinking and gossiping in pubs like the other coaches used to do when he first started. Also the fact that he can express himself better than most English-born coaches and players makes him an ideal target by the whole media alike.

Lets not forget that he is French and as such, there is an element of rivalry perceived by the media which can sometimes be borderline hatred.

What is my point? The media bias and witch hunting need to stop. I think the Media really need to check itself, or at least the OFCOM (body that regulates media in the UK) needs to step in before this whole thing gets out of hand. I find it bizarre that the news report appears to have been pulled from several sources. It will be interesting to see how Wenger respond. Personally, I want him to sue those involve and get every ounce of compensation he can get off them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

wetin this one dey talk ? undecided

I never liked Bendtner, but I hate it when your lot choose to be subjective rather than objective . . . .

was Bendtner to blame for the team's loss ?

rubbish ! angry

more rubbish!

cut the dude some slack, will ya ?

this guy has done more than enuff already, if others can step up to the plate like he has done already, then we should be singing a different tune.

Dockinta, what was usbjective about me statement? i never said he was solely to blame for the loss. i rather rightly pointed out that the hype over a cameo role and a good goal does not automatically make bendtner the real deal.

precisely what aspect of his game does he excel in? this talk started because of the "complaints" about chamakh!!. a van nistelrooy, he ain't but he definitely has so much to his game and surely brings something to the table, whether you like his style or not.

Bendtner does not hold up play or link up play competently, he is not a goal poacher, he is not a battering ram to bully the opposition, so precisely what does the 6ft plus bumbling giant bring to the table other than the odd goal? besides, scoring a goal is a misleading parameter to measure a arsenal striker, They get waay more chances than their peers at other clubs get, and squander more than anyone else too!!!!!

if bendtner was at all IT, we would not have gone hunting for chamakh!!!! he is a wengerboy, he will continue playing even when we all cannot see precisely what he contributes!! can someone remind us all bendtners best game for arsenal ever? think lomg and hard, bring out you video collection and surf thru. . . . . . . u still cant find one shey? useless player
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2010
Just to point out that Bendtner is an Aerial threat and gives us "presence".
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
^
Bendtner will never be as good in the air as MC is. And what presence does he give us? Nigga please. that he is tall doesnt equal presence,tevez is a dwarf,yet he is 'presence'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2010
dipo2much:

^
Bendtner will never be as good in the air as MC is. And what presence does he give us? Nigga please. that he is tall doesnt equal presence,tevez is a dwarf,yet he is 'presence'

If you had engaged a bit of common sense, you would have realised that[b] the word presence was in quote. You know, those two signs at the beginning and the end of the word presence suggest that it could mean anything and be subjective.
[/b]

Gosh.

And who say he is as good as Chammy? All I pointed out was his attributes in reply to the post above mine.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2010
Good morning o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2010
Make I talk? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2010
dayo market no good o

the nov blues have started again and as usual a team more cohernet and hungrier have taken the threwe points off us with a red to boot

I hoped for 4 wins and 2 draws

We have a loss now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2010
2 losses in a row.

Ehnnn Yebariba Swaga swaga

How many losses this season altogether?

Brom, Sheshea, Shaktar and now Newcastle, Season isnt even midway

Shey something do you? Yebariba swaga swagaaaaa
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2010
Did Mor0n Chamakh playin

Did he won penaiti?

Does Bendtner dropping shoulder and aim for the top corner?

Do Kosoro, Was a rock of Olumo in defend.

Is Fabianski resembling Buffon?

Was Calos Fela be like Menses?

Didnt Abu Dhabi drimbling like Sidane?

Was Flabregas boss the midfielders.

Should Yorubas join Benin Republican

Is Arseshaving not besting thing after Hands free w@nk?

Is Osun state more population than Bauchi.

Is van r@p1st not the bestest players in the world?

Is Seun collect bribing from Ibo on Nairaland?

Key questions that require an urgent ansa

Thanks You fery mush
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2010
Dayokanu Udeymadt. Hmm what can i say i did warn that ish like this could happen! We where woeful from start to finish and for the umpteenth time this team aint ready.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
A-40:

Dayokanu Udeymadt. Hmm what can i say i did warn that ish like this could happen! We where woeful from start to finish and for the umpteenth time this team aint ready.

A40, how far na? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100)

UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018 / Champions League Group Stage Draw On 27th August 2015 / UEFA Changed The Formation Of Their Team Of The Year To Accommodate Ronaldo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.