Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70412 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
Okay as per tomorrow's match, Koseni is out, Faregbon is a bit lame at the moment, Chamoru is not on fire, Arsha is not scoring as much and the rest of team a bit lukewarm in my opinion (Apart from Theo Walcott)

Is there any one in our team can take the game to the opponent tommorow so? I am not feeling confident at all. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2010
nateevs:

See Cougar's post for full details.

Cougar's post is not saying anything without the tables to prove it. Besides,

I didn't say they don't. I said I don't expect them to.

Of what importance is your expectation? Does it alter the points on the table? 

By all means feel free to express your 'feelings', but don't present that as evidence for an argument.

Of course the league is not decided in November; however being 5 points ahead of you at this stage has been a norm for some time now and will most likely continue till the season ends.

More prognostications. . . .most likely, expected, etc. Again leave all the predictions and deal with fact - is a 5 point gap in November disastrous? No - end of story. You can rely on the 'norm' as you call it, but it is not evidence of anything.

How could you be? You can't even stop West Brom from scoring 3 goals in your backyard. I can, if I want to but I, choose not to.

Again, who cares?  Is the 'in your backyard' points different from those lost away? Does the premier league give Chelski extra points for only being despoiled at home by Citeh and not West Brom? What shallow analysis from you.

And why would I give you 3 points against City when everyone knows you are so erratic, you don't deserve any maximum points until the end of any 90 mins. No matter what the opposition is.

Finally some shred of coherent analysis. Newsflash: No one deserves maximum points till the end of 90 mins. All your 'predictions' and 'giving' of points means nothing - it's the points on the table that matter in the end.

Right NOW, the gap is 5 points and can be realistically closed. That is the only reality on the ground at the moment  - feel free to gloat in May if we fail to win the league and you do.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:15am On Nov 10, 2010
ElRazur:

Okay as per tomorrow's match, Koseni is out, Faregbon is a bit lame at the moment, Chamoru is not on fire, Arsha is not scoring as much and the rest of team a bit lukewarm in my opinion (Apart from Theo Walcott)

Is there any one in our team can take the game to the opponent tommorow so? I am not feeling confident at all. undecided

No need to feel down in the dumps. . . .no two games are the same. We have more than enough quality to beat Wolves and that should be our aim for tomorrow, to beat them - be it by a deflection, own goal, 3 goal hammering or last minute penalty, just to get three points.

The team might be lukewarm, but they are not fools. . . .they know the weight of expectation on their shoulders and I demand a marked improvement from them. . . . hopefully we'll see that tomorrow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:16am On Nov 10, 2010
Debo,she iwo ni o open thread nipa that thing that labia majora and minora is part of?  shocked Abi eyan kan hack account e?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:18am On Nov 10, 2010
^^
Emi ke? cheesy Na harmless fun bro. . . . man no go craze because of Wenger and his mad boys. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:24am On Nov 10, 2010
Heheheheehehe na serious matter oo. grin grin

I am not even perturbed about tommorow's match,i know we will win.It's our home form and Verm's injury that's of MAJOR concern now.

That said,this season has showed Arsene's been feeling the "heat" as those substitution on Saturday is more "emotional" than "tactical".Make those boys sed pity the old man now and put in an extra shift. tongue

COYG.

PS:Dayo is just becomerich without the map. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 6:46am On Nov 10, 2010
PS:Dayo is just becomerich without the map.

I take that as offensive,though he has his issues, that's no reason to insult becomrichh like that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Based on the antecedents of a team like Arsenal its already another trophyless season (Save for Carling cup)

So, you are scared to commit yourself on Arsenal having another trophyless season by putting that caveat.
what's with your constant moronic hyperventilation on this thread?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kenkruse: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2010
the dude like arsenal more we do, he cares!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Appealing Kolscieny's card was a daft decision and it can only be thought of by a senseless club like Arsenal.

Were you all blind to the blatant foul? when the striker was through on goal

Hehehehe  grin grin
He was through on goal
45 yards away  shocked shocked
He must be Pele and Maradona combined into one. grin
For me, it was a yellow card offence and not a straight red, but the referee thought otherwise.
Let's just say it was 50-50.
Some will give a straight red and some will give a yellow card.

Football shocks me at times.
Nigel De Jong snaps Ben Arfa's leg into two without getting a yellow card.He wasn't even punished for the offence later on.
and Laurent Kocielny gets a straight red card for pushing Nile Ranger 45 yards away from goal shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2010
plus west brom had red card overturned and it was a real tackle in the box (not just a puch kilometers away from box 18 like Kos's). That foul is never a red
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2010
debosky:

No need to feel down in the dumps. . . .no two games are the same. We have more than enough quality to beat Wolves and that should be our aim for tomorrow, to beat them - be it by a deflection, own goal, 3 goal hammering or last minute penalty, just to get three points.

The team might be lukewarm, but they are not fools. . . .they know the weight of expectation on their shoulders and I demand a marked improvement from them. . . . hopefully we'll see that tomorrow.

Yeah I hope so too omo.

While I support the team through whatever may come our way, I just get tired of not gaining ground on teams like Chelsea whenever they lose.

So who replaces Koseni now, Juru?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2010
^^ Juru will have to step up. . . .as long as he stays back and doesn't let the attacker get a headstart in a foot race, Djourou can be solid.

We just need to cut out foolish and needless individual errors and focus on scoring.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:58am On Nov 10, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
What more can we say about him?

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZixaQA5CGw&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2010
^ yes yes what more can we say ? But we mustn't forget that was the everton reserves and that you hardly see players waltzing past defenders in modern football- except for Messi and Cr7 ofcourse.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2010
Thats why we are begging oga Wenger to play him more. I mean at his age, Bendtner was already playing a lot fo games for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
proudly9ja:

Thats why we are begging oga Wenger to play him more. I mean at his age, Bendtner was already playing a lot fo games for Arsenal.

I want an Arsenal where reserve players don't get a chance till they've had two seasons of knowing they're good enough not one where bench players are playing 10 a season. . . it's a proof of how injury prone your first team players are.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2010
eldee:

I want an Arsenal where reserve players don't get a chance till they've had two seasons of knowing they're good enough not one where bench players are playing 10 a season. . . it's a proof of how injury prone your first team players are.

Counter productive I think. A good mix of reserve life and taste of what is going on surely will work better for us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
We've been mixing more than necessary IMO. . . . .the ease with which players get to the first team makes them complacent at times.

Just look at Clichy - little or no challenge to his position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2010
debosky:

We've been mixing more than necessary IMO. . . . .the ease with which players get to the first team makes them complacent at times.

Just look at Clichy - little or no challenge to his position.

I honestly feel the mixing them up approach allows a smooth transition. Hence why our youngster and first timers gel so well in carling cup matches over the years.

Dunno if you've gone to see a reserve match before, it can be lifeless and with little atmosphere.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
I don't think the transition is really the issue here. . . .the problem of our team seems to be too much complacency. Everyone thinking they are the best thing since sliced akara and playing like they've won 10 titles when they've not even won a single thing.

I'm not really amused by occasional good performances by youth sides. . . .we need to see delivery at the top level which will inspire the lower level players to push themselves hard.

If one or two good showings in the reserves puts you in the first team, where is the drive for improvement?

Some of the problems we're seeing in the first team these days should've been ironed out if the players didn't get into the first team so easily and honed their game at the lower levels.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
HNIC:

[/b]
So, you are scared to commit yourself on Arsenal having another trophyless season by putting that caveat.
what's with your constant moronic hyperventilation on this thread?

To a sensible club Carling cup isnt worth celebrating but when we are talikng about mor0ns that support Assanal that can even celebrate Fabregas winning Euro cup as a sub. Then nothing is beyond them.

HNIC:

Hehehehe grin grin
He was through on goal
45 yards away shocked shocked
He must be Pele and Maradona combined into one. grin
For me, it was a yellow card offence and not a straight red, but the referee thought otherwise.
Let's just say it was 50-50.
Some will give a straight red and some will give a yellow card.

Football shocks me at times.
Nigel De Jong snaps Ben Arfa's leg into two without getting a yellow card.He wasn't even punished for the offence later on.
and Laurent Kocielny gets a straight red card for pushing Nile Ranger 45 yards away from goal shocked

GAYYners and their inexhaustible archive of inane statement.

Does distance count when a striker is through on goal? If you are rthe last defender, does it matter if you are 1mile from goal?

The retard called Kolscieny pulled him from behind and got what he deserved. Maybe the red card at the last minute was responsible for your loss.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ElRazur: 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2010
Agreed for majority of the point raised.

I just think if a few good showing are not rewarded, then breaking into the first eleven is seen as "too hard" and may be counter productive to some?

Also players not making the breakthrough may be lured by other clubs? A recent example is perhaps one of our players that "was deemed" surplus and allowed to sign a contract with one of the Championship side on a permanent basis or so.

Finding the right balance is not always an easy task.

As per our players appearing not to give it their all and allowing what is perceived by many as complaceny taking hold of the team, I am sure if Arsene where to bench a few of them for young guns then perhaps they may be forced to put in that little bit extra more?

Cesc knows there is really no competition for his position on field at this point. Arshavin barely have anyone who can challenge him etc. (The only place I see competition is probably in the forward/striking position - Chammy, RvP and perhaps Bendtner)

Again, the above goes back to the original point I was trying to mention - Rotation. Rotating players or benching them for those who perform better may just ooze the extra out of them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2010
To be honest, Arsene did say that it is now more difficult for young ones to come in because those ahead of them are quite young as well. Wilshere was fortunate to have put in the performances he did and Cesc being absent at the beginning of the season gave him some opportunity. JET will get his chance but Arsene had better act soon before the poor lad becomes another Randall on the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
dayokanu:

GAYYners and their inexhaustible archive of inane statement.

Does distance count when a striker is through on goal? If you are rthe last defender, does it matter if you are 1mile from goal?
The retard called Kolscieny pulled him from behind and got what he deserved. Maybe the red card at the last minute was responsible for your loss.
Common sense deserts you whenever u are writing on this thread
So. . . . .  according to your daft logic, assuming a defender tackles an attacker on the edge of the 18 yard box,72+ yards away from his own goal,(and he was the last man) he should be sent off
There was a reason why the English ref was quite lenient during the world cup final.
If he had applied FIFA's laws to the letter,we would have had 7 Dutch players against 9 spanish players with about 30 minutes left to play.
Referees are supposed to apply common sense. lipsrsealed
The ones that do are highly appreciated.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2010
ElRazur:

Agreed for majority of the point raised.

I just think if a few good showing are not rewarded, then breaking into the first eleven is seen as "too hard" and may be counter productive to some?

Yes it will. . . .but the 'some' who are discouraged are not good enough to play for the club if they can't mentally handle it.

Also players not making the breakthrough may be lured by other clubs? A recent example is perhaps one of our players that "was deemed" surplus and allowed to sign a contract with one of the Championship side on a permanent basis or so.

Again, if a player was good enough, he would go to a rival and not to a championship side. In any case, if we truly felt the player was that good, put a sell on clause in the contract or first refusal on any future transfers. Either way, we MUST make sure we have the best in the first team and not just some one hit wonder. The best young players like Wilshere will still get through.

Finding the right balance is not always an easy task.

I agree, but that's why Wenger and co are paid their millions.

As per our players appearing not to give it their all and allowing what is perceived by many as complaceny taking hold of the team, I am sure if Arsene where to bench a few of them for young guns then perhaps they may be forced to put in that little bit extra more?

Dunno if that will work, cos once the young ones screw up, you end up going back to the old ones. This just worsens the mentality of some of these guys. Just look at the rotation of Fabianski and Almunia - how has that helped?

Cesc knows there is really no competition for his position on field at this point. Arshavin barely have anyone who can challenge him etc. (The only place I see competition is probably in the forward/striking position - Chammy, RvP and perhaps Bendtner)

Arshavin is an enigma. . . dunno what is going on with him. Cesc is self motivated enough to give his best in each game, others feel they have arrived and don't have anything to lose.

Again, the above goes back to the original point I was trying to mention - Rotation. Rotating players or benching them for those who perform better may just ooze the extra out of them.

Rotation is only a small part of the problem - the fact is, the first team must be capable of sustaining top level performances game after game. Our players are just too inconsistent and start feeling they've arrived after two good wins.

In the final analysis, I have to question the winning desire/mentality in some of these guys - to put in gutless performances is completely unacceptable. Fighting like mad but losing is acceptable, but lukewarm performances should be an abomination for players at Arsenal FC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2010
HNIC:

Common sense deserts you whenever u are writing on this thread
So. . . . . according to your daft logic, assuming a defender tackles an attacker on the edge of the 18 yard box,72+ yards away from his own goal,(and he was the last man) he should be sent off
There was a reason why the English ref was quite lenient during the world cup final.
If he had applied FIFA's laws to the letter,we would have had 7 Dutch players against 9 spanish players with about 30 minutes left to play.
Referees are supposed to apply common sense. lipsrsealed
The ones that do are highly appreciated.

Have you ever been in contact with common sense on this forum?

A defender tackles a striker from behind when he is through on goal is a straight red card.

English ref lenient? The rules are meant to be followed and human discretion are often flawed

No wonder English refs are reputed to be the worst in Europe.

The common sense applied by an English ref is what made one to award 3 yellow cards to one player in a World cup game.

Some people term insanity as common sense
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Have you ever been in contact with common sense on this forum?

A defender tackles a striker from behind when he is through on goal is a straight red card.

Did you watch the game on radio? There was no tackle from behind - both players were jostling for the ball side by side all through.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^ Was there a tug, Was there a shove? Do tackles only have to be with the foot?

There were running side by side, Was there an illegal contact when the attacking player had the advantage?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^

There was no illegal contact, that is why there shouldn't have been a card. No player really had the advantage in the chase for the ball.

The official thought otherwise and the FA decided to back him up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (100)

Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.