Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) (46811 Views)

Philanthropist Relocates Abia Woman From A Mud House To A New House (Photos ) / 6 Men Killed After Mud House Collapsed On Them, Buried In Sokoto (Photos) / Tree Fell On Woman's Mud House In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by horlabiyi(m): 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
Shameless leader indeed
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by SaturnNick(m): 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
@Shameless
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2019
Bede2u:
most of us? Yoruba people really have poor education

Yeah why are you all over South West like there is a War going on ? Is there a Monster chasing you away from your Developed cities? A school drop out that left South East to go push Wheel Barrow in South West talking about Education lol
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
Bede2u:
inferiority complex kii u there. A cone head is running around nairaland insulting abia state and igbo leaders and u want me to keep quiet.
What is more disheartening than this below? Is it not better to share kerosine than to share common garri in a very dirty environment.

Awon muric terrorists undecided

Yeah at least the Leaders were Voted out, but you voted massively for the loser you have as leader and you even Celebrate it
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by skyfather09(m): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
lol... this actually got a Laff outta me.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

Yeah at least the Leaders were Voted out, but you voted massively for the loser you have as leader and you even Celebrate it
the garri pics was taken in osun. Apc used garri to buy ur votes. Who did u vote out? Apc is still ruling in osun
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

Yeah why are you all over South West like there is a War going on ? Is there a Monster chasing you away from your Developed cities? A school drop out that left South East to go push Wheel Barrow in South West talking about Education lol
first of all...i have never been to south west. My cousin who is there is working with a shipping company in LAGOS and he is the only family we have in the west. But lagos only became part of the west in 1990 after 76 years as nigeria's capital...its understandable.

However in my street in enugu...a small street i might add..there are 4 different yoruba family. One is a pastor...the other is into herbal drugs...another single guy is a yahoo boy...the other family is into mama put. Why are u owomis trooping to enugu
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Rosskii: 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2019
lexy2014:

It would b difficult to go about destroying those homes just cos they are mud& all in d name of modernity. D best that can b done is to make them as comfortable as possible. Electrifying those mud houses isn't a bad idea

My brother, I honestly don't know what the criticism is all about on this thread. Are these nairaland critics saying that those villagers would be better off WITHOUT electricity simply because they live in mud-built houses?
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
I can not for the life of me understand all the negative and snide comments directed at the African leader that commissioned the electrification of a mud house in his country. The problem as always with Nigerians is that we [Nigerians] think we are better than other African countries, while in reality, we are at the bottom of the totem pole albeit in infrastructure and standard of living. Any reasonable person- bereft of this we are the giant of Africa notion- should be more concerned about how often does he/she have an uninterrupted power supply and not whether the power was at a mud house or a mega mansion.

It is no secret that for over several decades now, Nigeria, the "pseudo" giant of Africa is still not able to provide uninterrupted [24/7] power supply to all its citizens including those with mega mansions, and yet, people have the audacity to berate and make fun of a leader who was able to provide power to its less affluent citizens. If he's able to do much for the poor of his country, one can only imagine that the well-to-do citizens are sitting pretty. An Act like this should be commended and not mocked. This is the problem with Nigerians- always putting more stock in things that do not matter while neglecting things that actually make a huge difference.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Rosskii: 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
salihu2nic:
I don’t think is the houses. Most likely it’s the electrification of the village.

But OF COURSE that's what it has to be. Why would anyone go to commission a single hut in a village? Our NL critics are only good to criticize 'Africa' before using their brains to understand anything.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Rosskii: 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Trust me. I have had he privilege of living in both the US and Canada. The folks do not like you and never will, regardless of what you do.

That is what these fools don't understand. They think white racism is caused by blacks not ''meeting up'' to standard. They don't know that their racism actually INCREASES when blacks do 'better'.

1 Like

Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by ssogundele(m): 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
MediaLife:
I thought have seen it all when Desmond Idiot (Elliot) commissioned toilet angry angry... But this one, I AM LEAVING AFRICA!!!
You can't leave o for you must stay with us to enjoy an togetherness o. I'm rolling on the floor
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Haddock(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
They are very lucky.
In Abia State, Ikpeazu is sharing kerosene.
TA Orji is so useless that he didn't even erect a chicken house not to talk of mud house.

Abia State has a supernatural ability of electing the worst type of leaders to lead them.

Sidon there. You never see leaders yet. Enter Benue and Kogi States, na there you go know say governor useless.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Chimaokigwe: 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
Haddock:

Sidon there. You never see leaders yet. Enter Benue and Kogi States, na there you go know say governor useless.

Those ones are governed by animals.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:04am On Mar 29, 2019
Rosskii:

That is what these fools don't understand. They think white racism is caused by blacks not ''meeting up'' to standard. They don't know that their racism actually INCREASES when blacks do 'better'.

You think Denzel Washington or Obama or Oprah Winfrey or Michael Jackson or Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods witness greater racism and social rejection than poor black people in Baltimore or Detroit or Compton? grin
Believe it or not, sociological studies consistently show that white people exhibit the least in-group solidarity and are the most liberal, progressive race of people on the planet who are more open to interactions with other groups. You'll be far less bitter if you stop demonizing whitey due to the inferiority complex he induces in you.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Sagay212: 1:44am On Mar 29, 2019
Africa is a dungeon. I do not blame white people for hating blacks and Africans. Seems black people have been cursed. Always doing the most fooli.sh things.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by ezewealth(m): 1:55am On Mar 29, 2019
I am surprised self. Sometime last yr, kno bi benue gov, governor ortum way use wheel barrow do youth empowerment, he even went to the extent to inscribed " donated by gov ortum" on the barrow. That was the time i knew we hav a long way to go in nigeria and africa at large. And this same man was voted in for second tenure. Infact we are the cause of our problem. We are moving from worse to worst. If we start to reason everything that is happening in this country, u will just go mad. There will be man like nelson Mandela, A man that is celebrated in the whole world. Untill lovers of wisdom take political posts that is when we will get it right

1 Like

Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by onyibor84: 7:07am On Mar 29, 2019
I doubt if what they are commissioning is actually the mud house.
You can't be commissioning a project while everybody is backing it.
I think the camera didn't capture what was being commissioned which is at their front.
Let's not be in a haste to judge.
Re: Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) by Haddock(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Those ones are governed by animals.
Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / 10 Most-expensive Luxury Real Estate Locations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.