Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Advise Needed On Marital Issue - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Needed On Marital Issue (3685 Views)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co / Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Chubhie: 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

if NOBODY had issues with the way this man was BEFORE marriage, why should he change NOW?! thats the way he is, if she has a problem with his attitude then let her divorce and find the man she is dreaming about.

too many women date awful men and, because they are desperate for marriage, they go ahead and marry these deluded men thinking they can change them after marriage.
I understand where you're coming from. Why would a man agree to marry a woman just cos she's desperate? Doing her a favour or taking advantage of her desperation?

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
Chubhie:

Why would a man agree to marry a woman just cos she's desperate? Doing her a favour or taking advantage of her desperation?

many of these women DO NOT act desperate, far from it.... unless you believe these babes say openly to these men:"you aint shiiit but because i have no other man to marry, i will settle with you"?!

naaaaaaah, these babes they pretend they love EVERYTHING about these awful men believing they will change them after marriage (many have tried, ALL have failed)
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Chubhie: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

many of these women DO NOT act desperate, far from it.... unless you believe these babes say openly to these men:"you aint shiiit but because i have no other man to marry, i will settle with you"?!

naaaaaaah, these babes they pretend they love EVERYTHING about these awful men believing they will change them after marriage (many have tried, ALL have failed)
This is too hard for my young heart to grasps. You strike fear into our hearts with your wisdom. You speak like one miseducation handle here.
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
Chubhie:

This is too hard for my young heart to grasps. You strike fear into our hearts with your wisdom. You speak like one miseducation handle here.

dont get me wrong bro, there are millions of fantastic women out there, but when the above thread comes along, you have to call it for what it is.
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Chubhie: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

dont get me wrong bro, there are millions of fantastic women out there, but when the above thread comes along, you have to call it for what it is.
I get you. It's all good.
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:12am On Apr 01, 2019
Jirair:
Any man who batters his wife over something so minute, over anything, is evil, and has no business being married. A loving man would've pulled his wife close and COMMUNICATE things out when she approaches him heartbrokenly over the cold and silent treatment he's giving her, not call her a nag and leave the house for two days. He's childish, immature, and insensitive.

you are right about the battering but i certainly "understand" why many end up doing it. see as this man is in his lane, minding his own business and this babe is NAGGING and YAPPING to have him do something he doesnt want to do (how many times do men have to say NO before women understand its meaning?)... and even when he leaves the place to have his peace and quiet, its a problem. kai!

what COMMUNICATION are you on about? the man already explained to wifey that this is the way he is (and probably always been), that should have been the EOD.

Re. FB...
It sounds like he went on FB to delete all her pictures after this, perhaps to spite her. No, FB isn't a yardstick for measuring marital happiness or success, but if you're going to delete all your wife's photos off FB you should be sensible and sensitive enough to let her know, otherwise you're doing it to spite her or have something to hide.

husband is the only one who can answer why he did it...

Re. Him not being romantic...
Being romantic isn't rocket science. There's no such thing as a man not being romantic because it's not in his nature. He just doesn't want to be! Many things aren't in my nature but I'll go out of my way for someone I love to make them happy. The husband's response and treatment of his wife clearly means something is amiss.

the reality is that Nigerian men are NOT romantic (who are you kidding?), we all know that and anyone expecting the contrary from Nigerian men should make sure she has a "special" Nigerian man like that, before going ahead and marrying the dude... but expecting to CHANGE such unromantic man would be at her loss.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2019
reciprocal:
What would you do if your husband deletes all your pictures from his Facebook
A friend of mine is going through this now! Mature advice pls

There must be a reason for that, why not tell your friend to ask her husband, or is she facing infidelity with her husband?
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by leketon: 2:00am On Mar 02, 2020
Lonely and Bored ladies, single mothers in
kwara State who need it can contact this Whatsapp 09030417834 for free and screat hook up.
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by reciprocal(f): 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
aanuoluwami14:

There must be a reason for that, why not tell your friend to ask her husband, or is she facing infidelity with her husband?
she has complained of infedility too.. Her husband carrying condoms in his bag and visiting several ladies
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Saintmary(f): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
reciprocal:
she has complained of infedility too.. Her husband carrying condoms in his bag and visiting several ladies

Are you kidding me?

This is 2022, and the problem seems to be persisting for nearly 3 years now!

Do you need me to put my observations in caps lock for you?

1. He's trying to control her with silent treatment, temper tantrums etc.
I suspect he's narcissistic (please read up on Google)

2. He's cheating. No doubt.

Action plan:
1. Learn how to live with a narcissist online as your first line of defense.
2. Prepare your exit plan.

By the way, how has she coped all these years?

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by reciprocal(f): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
Saintmary:

Are you kidding me?

This is 2022, and the problem seems to be persisting for nearly 3 years now!

Do you need me to put my observations in caps lock for you?

1. He's trying to control her with silent treatment, temper tantrums etc.
I suspect he's narcissistic (please read up on Google)

2. He's cheating. No doubt.

Action plan:
1. Learn how to live with a narcissist online as your first line of defense.
2. Prepare your exit plan.

By the way, how has she coped all these years?
thank you for these suggestion. She has been really unhappy but scared of divorce and the impact on the kids
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2022
reciprocal:
Wow.... that is some serious marital problem there. Your friend's husband has little to no respect for her as an individual and she needs to sit and discuss this with him asap. What they have is more a master-slave relationship and in marriage, that ain't right at all. undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
reciprocal:
there isn't romance at all in the marriage and the husband would say that's his nature..
Was it an arranged marriage or something? undecided

Romance is not compulsory but respect is in marriage. undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2022
Maccarthy:
Then am sorry to say there might be chance of infidelity in the marriage. It was even mentioned in the bible, that wives should never deny their husbands their bodies and vice versa. The man owns the woman's body and so does the woman own the man's body.
Stop dragging bible into these things for Pete's sake! God said your marriage are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God meaning what is written of marriage in Paul's letters has nothing to do with that which God said to you. undecided

And for crying out loud, what has ownership of one's body to do with deleting pictures from Facebook abeg! undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
thorpido:
Deleting her pictures is a reaction.What really is the problem between them?
They have deeper issues to solve than just pictures.
It is not a valid reaction to anything though. It is a sign of decay in the relationship. undecided

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2022
Biglittlelois:
She confronted him and he left the house for two days....as in two days......nawa ooo, if she has his picture on Facebook she should delete it too, if he doesn't react then your friend is on a long thing.
That is immature! undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
reciprocal:
So, dem never resolve this issue still? undecided

I hope your friend is using the opportunity to at least live her life and develop her own self. If there are kids between them, I hope she has been making back up plans on what to do should the man resort to violence or the environment is no longer conducive for her children.. undecided
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Saintmary(f): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
reciprocal:
thank you for these suggestion. She has been really unhappy but scared of divorce and the impact on the kids

Truly, it's scary to be a divorcee. With the kind of dating environment we have in this country.

But let her take all the time she needs to first care for herself, watch her health and then make the best decision that will suit her.

As long as she can provide for her kids, they will understand eventually.

A mummy debilitated by high blood pressure is not useful for her kids. Better to stay alive and healthy than to drive yourself into the grave because of a man who doesn't care about your feelings.

Stay alive. That is very important.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Biglittlelois(f): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is immature! undecided

Not this year abeg!!!
Re: Advise Needed On Marital Issue by Freelane33(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
I will jump inside a lagoon grin grin. Tell your friend to go work on herself and make herself a better person . Only few people are honest in marrige now a-days.
Note I didn’t say the husband is cheating oo. lipsrsealed
reciprocal:

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Deleted Twinnys Number This Morning. Im Fed Up! / How Do I Curtail My Twin Girl Aggression / Mother Gives Birth To Son’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.