Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co (53945 Views)

Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by ontarioache: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hello all,

A mutual friend has drawn my attention to this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/7357845/complex-marital-issue-thoughts-please/15#117128240

MY RESPONSE.
First let me thank our mutual friend Imelda for drawing my attention to this.

Well, I am here to set the record straight.
I did not see any need to respond, but some commentators really got me laughing hard so let me indulge you all.

To kick start, I am in touch with my 2 kids on almost a daily basis, and the event she described is not the first time. Hanging up on me is a routine since we married, it has happened un-countable times. Also the guys that said I am childish are right, when they finish reading they will truly know that, no man will behave the way I have, except a child. Lastly, I am fully responsible for the upkeep of my family, every penny and not much age difference between us. I have never hung up on her for one day. She has even blocked me on phone over some arguments while we live in same house. (LOL)

For the readers, what happened is this :

You called me that you were going to made some budget and you will be spending … amount of money on that plans- you know the plan. I told you it was okay and we kept on talking about It. ( I did not raise any issue immediately to avoid conflict) so after some days, I told you that next time, it will be appropriate that we ought to discuss such plans together and that it was not the best for you to decide all by yourself and only informed me of what you have chosen to do for a decision that affects the both of us. You flared up immediately that I do not have the right to tell you that, and THAT YOU ARE ALONE WITH THE CHILDREN (like you always say) and furthermore, you said you have many things that you are doing at the same time. I then replied you that I also have many things going through my mind. ( I replied you this way because you always say this, anytime I want to have a discussion with you. You even say this even while we were together, and I will just be amazed). You flared up and insulted me then hung up.

I called you immediately many times. I called you again at night, I sent you several messages, although I did not apologize directly but the messages I sent reflected that I was sorry. In one of the messages, I explained that I was critical of the amount you intend to spend , because you do know we have other more pressing plans that we needed funds for, and that what your budgeted was a bit too high. But you refused to let go like you have always done for these 8 years. Every week for 6 weeks I sent you messages that you never replied to.

In this period, you also changed apartment without even deeming it fit to tell me. (Yes I know before this misunderstanding, it was already the plan that you will be changing apartment. But the anger still did not allow you tell me as at when you finally moved to the new apartment, till now, it has been more than 3 months that you moved, you still did not inform me although the children told me about it, you know they did, but I expected that at least you should tell me about it by yourself.)

I did not just stop picking your calls because I wanted to stop, I did it for my self respect and sanity. It is the first time I am refusing to pick your call, or even not to talk to you after 8 years of marriage.

Have I ever held any grudge against you for more than 24hrs ?, have you ever had to apologise more than once on anything without me accepting your apology immediately, that is even if you choose to apologise at all. ? !. Rather you are the one that reminds me at every giving opportunity that I know you can decide not to talk to me again and stay on you own, and that I am the one that will suffer. In precise terms, you always do this, while I was at home. You can stay on for weeks and months without talking to me for the slightest misunderstanding, I am always the one that will try and make peace, and each time you either humiliate me by refusing to make peace till whenever you are satisfied. It has been like this for these 8 years. Even if I want to hold a discussion with you at home, it is either you are busy on the phone, and If I try to ask you to focus you just tell me I should summarize and that you listen with your ears, and not your phone or your hands. However, sometimes ( like 20 per cent of cases) you do listen to me.

Even when the children are being difficult, you threaten them by telling them to go ask their father the kind of person you are, and that you do not tolerate nonsense from anyone.(lol, when I was young, our mothers threathen us with our father) Yes, you are right, I wonder why you are so proud of these difficult attributes of yours.

Recall that before that very day that you hung up on me,( in fact also since the beginning of the union), you have been insulting me on each time I call, If we are discussing and I ask you a question about what you have said, you always say that I don’t pay attention. You accuse me of not caring about how you managed the children alone by yourself. I understand it is hard to raise 2 kids under the age of 6 all by yourself, however like I have always told you, lets thank God, it could have been worse- not having children is hard, having children is also hard.Remember at home, your mother and your sister once said that, I show too much care for the kids and that is the weakness that you are using against me. This is from your own family. Imelda was also there !

I can barely talk to you on phone, each time I call you, you tell me you are busy with the kids, and most times you just ask me to summarise and then you hang up even while we were at home together, you say the same thing.

Recently before this sad event you even said if I do not call before 9.45pm, I can no longer reach you, few times when I have to call like few minutes to your deadline, no matter how important our discussion is, once it s 9.45 pm, the phone disconnects and that will be it.You can not even bend that rule for me. You barely return my calls, if you see my missed calls, sometimes it may take you days and most times you do not return them at all, if I ask, you are quick to say, you are alone managing the children and that your are already too stressed up to be bothered about missed calls.

Much earlier than this incident that you hung up on me, you asked me never to wish you any kind of good wishes like happy birthdays, Christmas, mother’s day and all those. Because you said I do not care that it is all lip service. I thought it was just frustration, but for the last 1 year, you have consistently refused to respond to my Christmas, New Year and even your birthday wishes.You ignored all my wishes!
5 months before that faithful day that you escalated your disdain for me to a whole new level, you talked to me on the phone with reckless abandon, even on my birthday, you managed to call me around 11 pm and your birthday wish to me was this “ I WISH YOU WHAT YOU WISH YOURSELF”, I told you it was not a fair wish, and the next thing, it led to outburst again and that was that, and you hung up.

Remember, you forgot my birthday for the past 3 consecutive years.

Obviously, in the preceding 5 months, you have been looking for what I will do so that you can cut me off, the opportunity came and you took it like a Viking.

How often can a married woman stay without getting in contact with her husband for this long over a matter as simple as that, and she is not bothered at all.

I needed to let go for once. I am tired of fighting for the advancement of this union. It has been 8 years of this gruesome treatment. You think everyone is wrong apart from you.

Please if there is any FALSEHOOD in what I have written, I will be glad that you tell your audience. IMELDA YOUR SISTER IS READING THIS AND SHE CAN TESTIFY TO ALL THESE. Moreover, this is just one small aspect of all that has happened these past 8 years. I just decided to skip a thousand others.I only choose to focus on this alone. You know there are a thousand things that are worse than this that you have done.

I am glad that the vast majority of your audience could not be manipulated by your story.

Maybe I would have just stayed back home in Nairobi 7 years ago, may it could not have been this bad. This is my Canada reality!

I would be a liar if I say it has not been daunting and I do not miss you. However, I have since come to the realization that no matter what , no man should dine in the table where love, respect and dignity are not served ! This is my new reality!

Dear Wife, Enjoy your own reality that you created for yourself and stay blessed...!

1009 Likes 114 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Cheasystickylov: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lol grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by aieromon(m): 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
First account opened 29th of September 2022 and thread hits front page.

Second account opens rebuttal thread 24 hours later hoping to hit front page.

Idle minds sad

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by kapelvej: 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
aieromon:
First account opened 29th of September 2022 and threads hits front page.

Second account opens rebuttal thread 24 hours later and waiting to hit front page.

waooo. Are you the person involved. So sorry for the challenge

35 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Helpout12345: 2:58am On Oct 01, 2022
@Meteoritey, is there anything not true in what your husband has just narrated?

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by general111(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2022
The woman you married is a bitter woman...
You obviously love her more than she loves you...
God will help your marriage

452 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by todaynewsreview: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2022
Seun, please move to front page too. Men dey pass through hell most times but nobody knows. All is well.

267 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Klass99(f): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2022
smiley

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by EmahBoss(f): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2022
I love that you are finally serving her the same dishes she has been serving you for 8 years.

If the kitchen is becoming too hot for her, she should leave. Instead of frustrating you.

I get it, is not easy to rise kids alone but she has to learn to adjust and be mindful of the union.

296 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by pocohantas(f): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
Naso. Una done start.

From Joro to Joro.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Firstcitizen: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dem no dey talk put for husband and wife matter. cheesy

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by ednut1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Chicken has come to roost lol

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Olosho go give you 17 missed calls by 12am if she saw 'one missed' call from man/client by 11:59pm but naija wife/gf go give u call schedule & block u.

No be juju be dis. Abeg marriage is overrated.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by MuslimIgbo: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good.
Ladies of this generation should know that men are becoming wiser, and that's why only very few are willing to settle down in a marriage. This is because it's mostly women marriage benefits.
Ladies of this generation have very little or nothing to offer.
MOST HAVE ALREADY EVEN LOST THEIR VALUES DUE TO THE FACT THAT, THEY ARE WHORÈS.
(IF YOU'RE A GIRL AND YOUR BODYCOUNT IS MORE THAN 2, YOU'RE A WHORÈ)

They bring almost nothing to the table besides
Shared sex
Headache
Bills
and drama.
THEY ARE TERRIBLE MANIPULATORS AND WILL ALWAYS DISH WHAT THEY WON'T LIKE TO BE SERVED TO THEM.

To make matters worse, most of them are very worthless and valueless. There's nothing left in them to value or cherish due to the fact that most already lost counts of bodycount.
They mostly all have DOUBLE DIGITS BODYCOUNT.

The greatest gift a woman can give to her husband is Virginity, but unfortunately, most of these WHORÈS, SLÚTS AND HOOKUP GIRLS of this generation have given it out for FREE, for Indomie, pizza, ice-cream, Netflix n chill, few thousands of naira, etc.

How do you expect your husband to value and cherish something you've given out freely and cheaply to worthless guys
AFTER MARRIAGE, MOST OF THEM WILL STILL CONTINUE TO CHEAT AND COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR EX-FUCKÉRS.

I'll marry you, shelter you, provide for you and protect you, yet you'll still be giving me drama and headache?
Na ogun go kill any daughter of Eve that will try nonsense with me.

It's definitely the effect of having multiple bodycount before marriage that makes most of them misbehave in marriage.
They have split minds
They are not focused
They are distracted
Their "eyes" is no longer in one place and they consciously and unconsciously start making comparison between their husband and a guy or sugar daddy (married men) - HÓRNY PEOPLE - who would do stupid things and take their rubbish JUST TO GET UNDER THEIR OLOSHO PANTS.

144 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Haydens: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Omo e too long to read. Pls someone shld summarize.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by TriCee: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wahala, you expect me to read all that?? on top Husband and Wife quarrel?

Make I go chop fess.

On a second thought, I will read it. Because una don dey scare me with this marriage thing.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by seanwilliam(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
Las las marriage is overrated especially with modern women. Deep down y’all know this, but una no go gree. grin congrats bro, I’m glad you’re finally free from that witch..

I buy all gift cards and funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , wise,Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate .

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by chris4gold(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
Okay
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Abilistic(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
wink

If you’re being true to yourself and it isn't enough for the people around you, maybe it's time to change the people around you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by sylve11: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hmmmm@op
This is a serious and hilarious story packaged together.
Social media does not resolve marital issues, this is what I have come to understand.
We are waiting for part 3, anyway.

cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by StagethemTVee: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
My submission without reading all you wrote here is the decision to bring the matter online will not solve it. You are writing your essay in the second person aimed at your wife. Why are we the ones reading it here? Three is a crowd in a marriage. No single marriage is same and both of you need to do the work to fix your marriage.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by cliqtips: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
This one nah HELL on earth oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by jojothaiv(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Family matters ehnnnn
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Speechless

Marriage matter, I dey always comot my hand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by tiswell(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
feminism in the mud sad

@op,

make sure you take custody of your kids after DNA.

Wishing you the very best in your future endeavors. You really endured!

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by kingthreat(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Never believe a woman's side of the story.
It is told with emotions and lies so you absolve her from every blame

154 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture / Wife Writes 'Borrow' Whenever She Sends Her Husband Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.